The struggle of a free to play player [vault expansion]

Pleasure

Hello my name is Pleasure, and I used to be a premium member, hell I even bought the collectors edition. Premium membership is awesome. Well at one point I had to go free to play for various reasons in my life however that's not what's important here. After becoming free to play I had a lot of costumes in my wardrobe. And my vault was already exploding with crafting materials at the time and it saddens me, I cant ever take out my costumes that I have collected over the year. For I simply does not have the space. I understand that the wardrobe is a luxury feature in the premium membership and I'm not asking to make it available for free to play players. For me blade & soul have always been a game about collecting costumes, I don't care if I have bad gear, I don't care that I have the wardrobe feature, I simply wish to have a place to store my costumes, so I can actually use them when I feel like it. Even if it's a one time fee or simply just requires Dragon trade pouch that you can accumulate over time, like the ordinary vault. I wish there was a third tab in the vault, Exclusive for outfits. This would require me to go to a vault every time I want to change costume, and the premium members would not have to spend their dragon trade pouch on this tab at all sense they have the wardrobe. It's a simple change, and it would allow me to enjoy the game more and finally let me be the collector I have always been. Cause right now I'm frustrated that my costumes are locked behind a bar, that I cant even use.

Sincerely,
Pleasure.

dd814661f8c0dc249c21784fb4c170a8.png
https://gyazo.com/dd814661f8c0dc249c21784fb4c170a8

Since you had to cancel your premium for RL reasons, I can understand your pain in this.

I doubt the business model can be changed to accommodate for this, though, and I also do not think it is really so much of a problem.

You see, you say yourself that costumes are very important for you, and that you want to use them at leisure even though you cannot afford premium any more, and that you would not mind having to run to the vault to get them out to put them on.

Thus, I see a simple solution to your problem, by realizing your personal priorities and incorporating them into your inventory management:

o/ Throw out all the litter, make space for the costumes! \o

It's a good thing you show the screenshot, so I can already give some hands-on tips:

- You have 3 types of faction PvP tokens in there (cinderlands 1, 2 and Misty?). All of those are easy to farm when you really need them. Left-over ones? throw them!

- crafting materials: You have viridian poison there, water from _all 4 regions_ etc - transfer that to an alt or throw them!

- Same for low level evolution materials: Iron Teeth, Infernal Horns - transfer them to an alt!

- brilliant keys from all the zones - do you need them any more at lvl 50? They are not tradeable so throw them!

- Orb tokens from Ebondrake Hideout?  Dreadtide arena tokens? Fishing Village Tokens? Throw them, even if theres 150 of them! XD

- soulshield powder, elemental powder etc - transfer them to an alt or sell them!

You will see, you will be able to keep 20+ costumes this way and have no problem playing the normal content. ^_^

As sad as this seems, I think they intended the secondary storage to be the costume storage vault for free players. +1 Shucin's advice above regarding getting rid of all the stuff you don't now need at level 50 to clear room for your costumes. The only thing I would add is that you might check the marketplace before throwing some of it away as some of those things might be worth selling. Infernal Horns sell on the marketplace as they are also used by some crafters. The value of the items might not be enough for you to warrant the trouble, but I thought I'd mention it. I also have a question about switching from premium to a free account. When the switch over occurs do all your outfits get dumped from the wardrobe and into your inventory? If this were the case I can imagine most players would experience overflow and it would be sort of disastrous. Or, do the outfits remain in the wardrobe until you remove them to use them?

Yeah inventory space on this game sucks. You need cash shop items to unlock the rows which makes no sense. Why not make it unlockable by using gold, like some other games?

About the wardrobe being tied to Premium imo was pretty fishy of NC.

They are free on all the other versions. Honestly there are just a few outfits i like in this game, so the wardrobe is not an issue for me but for those who likes them I know it's a pain.

3 hours ago, studioMagicalFox said:

As sad as this seems, I think they intended the secondary storage to be the costume storage vault for free players.

Originally secondary storage was for outfits only, they changed it later to allow other items in there (this happened before the game was released here).

2 hours ago, Devilwithin said:

Yeah inventory space on this game sucks. You need cash shop items to unlock the rows which makes no sense. Why not make it unlockable by using gold, like some other games.

You can unlock all inventory space with gold, press ctrl+c.

They should at least let you put cash shop and faction costumes in the wardrobe, it makes no sense why they wouldn't allow that. Or make it a 1 time purchase thing with NCoin only or something.

And I do think they should make wardrobe F2P and just add something else to premium to make it worth it. My founders pack came with 3 months of premium and when I was bored I would try to farm some costumes and that came to a screeching halt when it expired. So now I just logoff when I'm bored.

I will just let the costumes I happen to get from playing normally accumulate and then get premium for 1 month to deposit them all and then let it expire again. I hated the windwalking effects and I don't want a star next to my name. They need to add something to premium that makes it worth having everyday. Not just when you happen to get a costume or happen to upgrade, but something you use everyday.

Somethings they could add:

* No windstride  cd or cost

* No mailing cost to alts

* Double runs for dungeons that have a daily limit

* Increase the number of dailies that can be done

* An account/server wide bank tab

* No tax on the broker or currency exchange

* A small amount of HCoin for logging in

* A travel journal that lets you save a few custom locations

etc...

i will be direct to the point, avoiding future miracles from NCsoft.

premium is basically few things:   wardrobe, discounts&shortcuts.

u are asking for a way to keep outfits storaged. that's wardrobe.

end.

u can ask for a third page in storage, they can add it for premium membership, which is sadly the same as it is now, but instead of a third tab u have F3.

so for now, excluding NCsoft blessings, free some spots in storage and put outfits. or buy premium.

23 hours ago, Devilwithin said:

Yeah inventory space on this game sucks. You need cash shop items to unlock the rows which makes no sense. Why not make it unlockable by using gold, like some other games?

Currency Exchange, aka Ctrl + C

Use gold to get Hongmoon Coins, get bag space without using real money.

Agreed.

Storage is one my biggest issues in this game, and that's largely due to costumes.

Usually in RPGs I enjoy collecting and keeping gear that I used alot even if I no longer have use for it, just for the sentiments and memories. yeah silly me, but stuff like that contribute alot to my game experience..

In this game every storage sqaure is a struggle of "Do I really need this?" or "Do I REALLY REALLY need this?". Every new piece of fasion I achieve comes with the awful task of figuring out what I can still dump.

To all you saying ctr+c for free player. WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOU HAVE EVERYTHING OPEN ALREADY? There is more (!!) accessories+parts of costumes+costumes in wardrobe than we have available to open, not to mention we dont even have all of the fashion items in game yet. Then what? If my endgame is being fashionista having all store and dungeon fashion items now I have to buy premium for it as well?

On 10/14/2016 at 4:48 PM, studioMagicalFox said:

I also have a question about switching from premium to a free account. When the switch over occurs do all your outfits get dumped from the wardrobe and into your inventory? If this were the case I can imagine most players would experience overflow and it would be sort of disastrous. Or, do the outfits remain in the wardrobe until you remove them to use them?

It stays in the wardrobe until you take them out.

7 hours ago, Shukran said:

i will be direct to the point, avoiding future miracles from NCsoft.

premium is basically few things:   wardrobe, discounts&shortcuts.

u are asking for a way to keep outfits storaged. that's wardrobe.
end.
u can ask for a third page in storage, they can add it for premium membership, which is sadly the same as it is now, but instead of a third tab u have F3.

so for now, excluding NCsoft blessings, free some spots in storage and put outfits. or buy premium.

No i'm not asking for a wardrobe I'm simply asking for space to put my costumes in at all. cause right now there is more outfits then there is storage over all and if I wished to remove my current outfits from the wardrobe I would not even fit them all in my Vault, THAT is the core problem I'm seeking to fix. And I hope other people is starting to see this problem as well. 

6 hours ago, Pleasure said:

It stays in the wardrobe until you take them out.

No i'm not asking for a wardrobe I'm simply asking for space to put my costumes in at all. cause right now there is more outfits then there is storage over all and if I wished to remove my current outfits from the wardrobe I would not even fit them all in my Vault, THAT is the core problem I'm seeking to fix. And I hope other people is starting to see this problem as well. 

Ok let me simplify for you, basically you want the wardrobe to be fully available to non-premium member. Me too +1

If you not care about "fee" and you are ready grind for it, you can always mail your costumes for alts and bring back with another "fee". I would simply buy premium if need collect costumes because that is like effort for nothing.

On 10/16/2016 at 5:12 AM, Suna said:

If you not care about "fee" and you are ready grind for it, you can always mail your costumes for alts and bring back with another "fee". I would simply buy premium if need collect costumes because that is like effort for nothing.

I'm just upset that I cant even play the game, without paying them every month, I just want an option where the consumer can pay them one time and actually just collect stuff. If NCsoft can only get people to pay them by abusing inventory spaces, then well sucks to be them, anyway, I decided to use mods instead. 

On 10/14/2016 at 8:12 PM, Cor said:
  • i *cricket*ed up on this thingy, dont know how i remove it xd
  •  

Archived