Skill order?

Sqvirel

Hey peeps, I plan on using this build for my KFM: build

My question is, in what order should I acquire these skills? So far from my experience with this game I learned that the order you get them in impacts the quality of play A LOT. This is my 3rd time trying to make a KFM happen so I'm in need of advice ^^;

So far I'm lv 20 and I got Focused Fighting Spirit and T3F4 Tiger Strike. How do I continue?

Lvl 20 with only 6 skill points, I would recommend only 2 points into Tiger Strike (10% heal is minor if you have an amethyst), and use the other 4 to help with your focus management:

1 point into Leading Palm (reduced cool down for 3 chi regen and good AoE damage)

3 points into searing blow (since you cannot anicancel with Tiger strike anyway)

Or you can put a point into getting hellfire kick for focus and go for AoE-heal cyclone kick

Focused Fighting Spirit is for bursts, not sure if you really need that at all before mid Cinderlands. But if you want to go there next for the really nice big damage numbers, you need:

Focused Fighting Spirit (2 points)

Comet Strike Stage 1 Tier 3 (3 points)

Searing Palm Stage 2 Tier 3 (3 points)

Stage 1 is also ok but has no advantage without elemental attribute gear.

As you see that's a big investment, and one you almost never need while solo hunting.

Rather, get your Q/E filled up and combine that with chain mace

and spec 1 point into counter and combine that with damage iron shoulder

for some really good group clearing ability.

Will speed up your dungeon runs a lot! :)

Honestly personally I find it hard to proceed through cinderlands as a KFM, I got carried mostly btw.

I would recommend 3 points to unlock shin kick and 3 points for cyclone kick. Strategy would be block and counter, iron shoulder, flying slam, 3rf combo.

Or 3 points into shin kick, 3 points into q,e. This is basically what Shuchin mentioned. But I would put the 3 points into shin kick rather than iron shoulder. So that I can kick them to death after iron shoulder.

Tiger strike is not recommended because it is too hard to regain focus at that level.

Edit: My mistake i thought he wanted a level 20 build, but it seems it is the endgame build he requested.

counter>shoulder>slam>3RF would only work if slam has been specced to tier 2 or 3 for broader range requirement.

For everyday hunting I would not recommend this combo as it is very long: you have to wait for an attack to counter, then you lose one of the two seconds of shoulder daze for the jump so you can only get off one single 3RF. Basically 3-4 seconds for 16xAP base damage.

While a simple Tiger > 4 > Tiger > Searing Blow in close range gives you ~23xAP damage in 2-2.5 seconds, and all of this except for the Blow is AoE too.

@Sqvirel the build you linked is a bit outdated by the way, some of the skills changed and only the unofficial beta of bnstree has them so far. You should definitely switch from wind to fire comet strike so you can use 4 to ramp X or to use the 4R2 combo.

Thanks for the replies guys ^^

3rf doesn't work well with me because I tend to lag often so a quick input combo like 3rf is sadly out for me. I'll have to stick to Tiger Blow (I think?)

@Shuchin I know the build I posted is dated ,but it's the only one I could find the link to. Everyone always seem to post these "tier x stage x" in the post instead of giving a link to the build planner, and these confuse the hell out of me (I am not a smart man).Could you share an endgame build?

This is the link for the updated one: https://beta.bnstree.com/tree/KF?build=ByXC-YR0

Yea I lag often too, when that happens I just press 3 and shin kick 3 times then finish off with a F cyclone kick then X searing palm or F smite. Sorry Shuchin I have no idea what you mean about specing flying slam to use it. I never spec it unless I want the health drain.

Btw Sqvirel, BNS is a game that let you respec your skills at any time. It is not really good to put your skills in some order to reach the endgame build. Your build should change according to how many skills point you have at the moment.

@ Souls You wrote to use Slam after Iron Shoulder, but default Iron Shoulder knocks back 5m and default Slam has a 9-16m range, meaning you would need to walk backwards to be able to use it. Speccing 2 or 3 points into it changes the range to 5-16m. Or did you mean Smite?

@Sqvirel yes the "stage X tier Y" is not the best way of naming it, but it's what the community stuck with eventually. The "stage" basically means column and "tier" means row, if you imagine the skill spec as a table grid. Really you need to look at it in game or on bnstree to properly know what is meant, unless you play for so long that you know your skill spec options by heart. ^_^'

As for bad ping, yes going for Tiger strike and Pivot/Hellfire Kick is a staple for keeping up damage with bad ping. Swift-Strike + Cyclone won't be an option, as won't be 3RF strategies. How high is your ping in game? If your latency is so bad that you cannot SS boss attacks, it starts to get ugly. :(

12 hours ago, Shuchin said:

@ Souls You wrote to use Slam after Iron Shoulder, but default Iron Shoulder knocks back 5m and default Slam has a 9-16m range, meaning you would need to walk backwards to be able to use it. Speccing 2 or 3 points into it changes the range to 5-16m. Or did you mean Smite?

I did not noticed that before 0.0 Will have to check later but I guess you should be right. In that case flying slam can be replaced with guiding fist instead.

My 3rf is not good either, I usually give up and just spam 3 shin kick until they die :D

When it comes to boss, my skill tree always change depending on the boss. I have no idea how others can stick to 1 build and claim it is the best :S

I strongly suggest to try and experiment and find a style that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Just use autohotkey, and start using macros.

The easiest and most efficient one (also most used) is the r2f macro. That's the left mouse button, then your punch (switft strike/tiger strike work), and the last is your cyclone kick (for those with good crit (I recommend 56.32%), or your searing blow (for good chi recovery). In the end, the macros far supersede the experience (in my opinion), and the macros are your baseline for good dps, especially as a kfm, since chi recovery is an issue if speced} for damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you mistakenly used the word macro but meant anicancelling, please be aware that the devs have confirmed that the use of macros of any kind is not allowed. This even goes for things as simple as putting SS on a single key, and certainly applies to 3RF and 2RF.

Archived