Forums

well the main issue in current 32 bit client that it works only on 1 core instead of multiple available. making it 64 bit i think will give more resources to the game. though current graphics limitations can not be bypassed. First time there will be bugs too))  

well it is better like that, I really dont understand who uses 1 core cpu this time? 

Edited by zentoorama
2 hours ago, zentoorama said:

well the main issue in current 32 bit client that it works only on 1 core instead of multiple available. making it 64 bit i think will give more resources to the game. though current graphics limitations can not be bypassed. First time there will be bugs too))  

well it is better like that, I really dont understand who uses 1 core cpu this time? 

32bit application can work on multiple cores too.

I agree that 64bit may improve performance, because you have more memory available to use, but it has *NOTHING* to do with how many cores the game uses.

32bit can use as many cores as you want, as long as your program uses multi-thread/multi-process, same with 64bit. If the engine uses less cores than it could or badly use it, is fault of who engineered/programmed it.

guys , a 64bit , need to use all 100% of cpu is because cpu is 64, you fink cpu used at 100% ? but in fact is more profitable to work with all RAM, i play this game windows+game take 5-6gb and 10 stay, if i have lets this game take what need. i dont like if all time loading in same dungeon

64bit does something other than addressing more memory actually, per performance -- and I'm not just talking of not relying on WOW64 (Windows on Windows 64).

Every 3D engine that I know of uses functions such as std memset, memcpy, and memmove in one way or another.  The implementations of these routines is enormously faster on a 64bit instruction set (more can be done per operation).  Engines do things like zeroing arrays for CLOD systems with terrain very-very frequently (for each pass of marking popped joints / fixing seems between segments), and so the overhead of those actually becomes pretty significant.  I'm not talking anything that's going to cause a Jackie-Chan "mind-explosion" here, but it wouldn't be unheard of to see a 10-15% performance improvement with no code-changes other than fixing portability issues, IMO.

It may not seem that much if you're only getting 10fps to get one more frame, but consider a case that you're getting 55fps and that takes you over 60.

--Bottom line, can't say no to free performance gains.  This is a very good thing to hear is being worked on.

Bring it on, NC~!

Edited by Eliya
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

64 bit is still on test server in Kr. I think we wont get it till Summer 2017 or even later.

oki..u fig 64bit would be on day 1 or some thing  i hope we get it soon 32 bit sucks ty for reply an i fig other bsn would had 64 bit allrdy.

11 minutes ago, ToffyNexy said:

KR just released a 64-bit client today on official server, so god knows when will it come to NA.

Do u have any source would like to read it, but if yes they did it today than we can get it with next or a bit later major content update 

34 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

Do u have any source would like to read it, but if yes they did it today than we can get it with next or a bit later major content update 

Praetor was streaming(twitch) last night with the new 64bit client... He play on KR server.

http://bns.plaync.com/news/updateall/article/5138  <--- Use google translate.

Edited by Cheung

So we heard that the 64 bit client was ongoing on korea server. Some said that was an excuse, that it would take a lot of time untill we see SOMETHING about it, or that it woulnt help at all the game. Well call me crazy but if this is on test server and works like this, WATCH and tell me your impresions. Ive been like Kreygasm for like 10 minutes. And i have a good PC, running 120 FPS and it drives me crazy to drop randomly to 15-20 fps when running some dungeons  and specially now MSP and the random DC cause of memory leak... And I have a  1TB sata 3 32Mb cache (gonna switch soon to a NAS sata 3 2TB 64 MB cache), inte i7 870  2.93 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 760 Oc Windforce 2GB , 8 GB RAM ddr3. I didnt have any prob with games nowadays running them on medium-high and bns is from 4-5 years ago. And any game from that year i run it max settings. But we all know that BNS is poorly optimized and thats a fact. Even ppl with monster PC have problems with this game. Well without saying anything else,enjoy this 2 vids and tell me what you think. Hope i brought some hype for when this client comes to EU/NA. I hope it takes them a good while to get the client here,so we dont have problem with bugs, and optimization. I think we all are ok with letting the game take longer and come without bugs, instead of getting it faster and having more problems. Here are the vids and comment please, and as you can see their very recent, so there isnt much info spreaded across forums, reddit, etc. :D

Edit: 64 Bit client went LIVE today on Korea on live servers.

Edited by TheBloodyOne
More info