Did they lower dungeon outfit drop rate earlier this year?

Susumimi

I'm getting bored of the daily challenges so now I'm just grinding for costumes. I googled around and apparently lots of people are saying the costumes like "first step", "dark sandstorm", the blackram uniforms and twin widow outfits had their drop rates significantly lowered earlier this year, like Feb. At launch people are claiming that these costumes literally drop every other run and some people got like 10 copies of them in a few days. Is this true? If it is then I guess it'll be a complete waste of time grinding boring low level places like the rookery, skittering tunnels, BSC and BSH if the drop rate is like 0.001%?

The costume in BSC and BSH are notoriously low drop rate. It has always been like that.

"First Step" I got it from the reward chest from Skittering Tunnel. As for Dark Sandstorm, it's low because not that many people running that Daggery dungeon often. However, I got my Dark Sandstorm outfit from Daggery like after 5 runs. It's an RNG factor. I have friends who ran that dungeons for like 10-15 times just to get it.

The hardest costume, personally, to me is the one from Dreadtide Arena (the Infinity Challenge costume). I have ran that map like 50 times now and still havent seen it. At the same time, that costume is also very hard to get. There are people that run close to 100 times and still dont get it.

40 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

The costume in BSC and BSH are notoriously low drop rate. It has always been like that.

"First Step" I got it from the reward chest from Skittering Tunnel. As for Dark Sandstorm, it's low because not that many people running that Daggery dungeon often. However, I got my Dark Sandstorm outfit from Daggery like after 5 runs. It's an RNG factor. I have friends who ran that dungeons for like 10-15 times just to get it.

The hardest costume, personally, to me is the one from Dreadtide Arena (the Infinity Challenge costume). I have ran that map like 50 times now and still havent seen it. At the same time, that costume is also very hard to get. There are people that run close to 100 times and still dont get it.

Screenshot_533.pngScreenshot_531.pngScreenshot_532.pngScreenshot_534.pngScreenshot_535.pngScreenshot_536.pngScreenshot_537.png

Doesn't seem that rare to me... O_o

It's RNG either way.

Everyone will experience something different each time.

One person may get it in 1 run, another person may get it in 10, third person never gets it with 100+ runs.

But they didn't lower any drop rates on costumes in lower dungeons, to answer your question.

1. Ran Dusk Adder nest 90+ rounds on my main, 30 rounds on my alt and still no Dura's costume.

2. Farmed Huren countless of times (lost count after 100 times) and still no Carnivore mask.

3. Farmed fetid Priest more than 30 times and still no spirit veil. (This 1 is the hardest as even the boss spawning is RNG)

I know it's RNG but the chances are way too low...... T__T

I left the game back in April because the costume system is jacked. I don't even like my kung fu master, but it's the character I have the most costumes on because I thought the wardrobe was account bound. And I honestly don't want to/have the time to farm the costumes on other characters. I spent hours trying to get spirit veil and nothing. Looks like nothings changed 

I don't think they lowered anything.
I got dark sandstorm in about 10-15 runs and ran the naryu temple thing more than 200 times and got no saberfang mask so far but a friend told me that it took him 150 or so. Some things seem to be pretty hard to get them to drop for some of us :/

7 hours ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

sandstorm and first step seem to be really ez tbh. get 1 more to help 1-15 runs and ull have it.

Pretty much my experience too. Good chance you'll get either in as few as 5 runs.

4 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

Staph Teasing me ;(

I ran so many times and the ass hasn't even drop it for me!

My RNG for that dungeon sucks...

Sorry :p

RNG is a harsh mistress. I've been farming for Wild Horse in Zaiwei for months. Beat Tarakhan over 200 times and neither outfit piece has dropped. Has anyone else gotten it in the last month or so? I'm almost starting to think it doesn't drop anymore. But that can't be true, can it? Can it? Am I just going crazy? I can't stop trying. I can't stop! I CAN'T STOP!

Archived