Tower of Memory rewards are crap

CrimsonDuskEU

With the dungeon open to lvl 16+, the best rewards need to be untradeable, or super rare.

Imagine lvl 16 bots spamming it and then flooding moonstones on the market, yo.

Faction insignia's and silverfrost refinering stones are very nice for the low-mid gear 50's.  The experience charms feel a bit on the rare side, but without separate rewards for sub50 characters, the drop table seems alright in my opinion.

The event isnt for high geared people. You probably dont need stone of wisdom and skin. The drops from the chests are not that good anyway. Its simply for getting some upgrade materials. The event is either for getting upgrade stuff or mysterious crystals or things for an alt.

And btw. who need moonstones so hard that it is needed that you get them in mass from an event? Just farm naksun.

It seems like NCsoft is making the rewards from events worse and worse, i aint even gonna farm 80 coins for that ugly outfit. 

There is one thing i dont understand tho, why arent mysterious crystals account bound?? Its a whale/rng item, so if they were account bound, u could get them with alts, but atm there is no point in doing the event on alts cause the only thing u can get is the taikan skin, and u'll have to have a lv 50 alt who can do mandate for the feathers.

They release a high level event: people complain

They release a low level event: people complain

I know you can't satisfy everyone, but I think it's really selfish to complain about this event. There hasn't been a low level event in a while. If you don't feel like it's worth anything, just don't do it.

1 hour ago, Yuina said:

They release a high level event: people complain

They release a low level event: people complain

I know you can't satisfy everyone, but I think it's really selfish to complain about this event. There hasn't been a low level event in a while. If you don't feel like it's worth anything, just don't do it.

IKR?

People want a F2p event...they get one.....adn still complain xD

Same was with Viper Cap....everyone wanted an event and everyone complains....

2 hours ago, hwalien said:

no complaint for rewards but this instance take bit longer than what i expected for event.

can we decrease HP for all 3 boss? or at least the final one?

why reduce last boss hp? youre group just deal 10kk-12kk dmg, rest is from poh.

infernal lord is around 1.5 min
blood mane/winter mane is around 1.5 min 
jiangshi is around 3 min.

Thats a total of 6 min if you do the mechanics.

22 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

I think they are  longer than that. Even with no mistake, and all favorable conditions like only blue laze hitting Bloodmane, it takes you at least 10 minutes per run, with Profane Jiangshi eats like 2/3 of the time.

The first two bosses are okay, but the final boss is somewhat boring. Wish it is a little more dynamic or more fast pace, like Viper Cap event.

About the reward, it is mainly some untradable basic upgrade stuffs for lowbie like faction insignia, exp charms and refining stones to lessen their grind. For high level players, they can get the legendary materials and mysterious crystals. You can get 1-3 skin/flower/stone for the whole event for free per character lv16+, if you run them daily. Both types of players have chance to win big with sealed materials or moonstones. The first can get big money, while later will save money for upgrade.

The only purpose why anyone'd even bother with this borefest is the costume, NOT plural, since the 80-coin costume is garbage.

Moonstone drops are nonexistent or 0.0001%, and they went WAY OVERBOARD with boss HP. Why not make final boss have 999,999,999 hp? While they're at it why not make it infinite hp? Oh ho.

Prime example of devs too lazy  to program anything new so they just put these new "clickfests" in the game then boost boss HP 100 times, because they take zero effort to program.

Pro tip on how to make events: DON'T MAKE THEM BORING. Simple as that. This event is so boring that it runs the risk of breaking my mouse's LMB because all you do is hold the damn button down. Make your events like the mushroom cave where there's SOME skill and mechanics involved ffs. Hell even Mushin's tower is more fun than this.

2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

i haven't timed it but i think it takes longer.

besides, every group i ran this in had at least one person ignoring the mech and just shoot the boss till someone else gets the mech done.

2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I think they are  longer than that. Even with no mistake, and all favorable conditions like only blue laze hitting Bloodmane, it takes you at least 10 minutes per run, with Profane Jiangshi eats like 2/3 of the time.

what you think is irrelevant. 672998-1476146901.png

this is the time it took me on all 4 chars. mechanic isnt perfect btw.

1 hour ago, hwalien said:

i haven't timed it but i think it takes longer.

besides, every group i ran this in had at least one person ignoring the mech and just shoot the boss till someone else gets the mech done.

look at my picture above.

and you must ran into bad groups. i had this only in the first 2 days after this event was released. now nearly everybode do mechanics.
And i run this dungeons on 4 chars every day.

1 hour ago, RainbowDashie said:

what you think is irrelevant. 672998-1476146901.png

this is the time it took me on all 4 chars. mechanic isnt perfect btw.

look at my picture above.

and you must ran into bad groups. i had this only in the first 2 days after this event was released. now nearly everybode do mechanics.
And i run this dungeons on 4 chars every day.

I run the thing with 5 toons per day, and still take me about one hour doing the dungeon for all of them. Loading time included, of course.

Most of fight are prolonged due to mistakes of people, so yeah, you may only fight them for 6-7 minutes in total if you get a good group, but the whole run would last longer than that, if your group is bad or make too many mistakes. The tedious mechanic doesn't help here, either. The fact that it makes you feel a fight longer than it should be in a boring and repetitive pattern makes it a bad mechanic.

And you would be surprised about the number of clueless and trolling people, be it from recruitment or LFG. I lost count how many times I have to say "Press 1 to shoot" and "Break boss shield before Poharan", and they still amazingly failed doing so. Some even fight without guns until they are told to get a gun for the fifth time.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Most of fight are prolonged due to mistakes of people, so yeah, you may only fight them for 6-7 minutes in total if you get a good group, but the whole run would last longer than that, if your group is bad or make too many mistakes.

The first 3 times you can see where done with terrible mechanics, for example 1. boss 1 guy didnt do anything, 2. boss got hit from the false laser nearly everytime and 1 guy didnt do much. 3. boss was as chaotic as i know from lfg groups. 1-2 guys just press 1 and dont care when adds spawn or poh got a shield.

So yeah these are still times with NO perfect group. With a complete 6 man premate group im sure you can do 1. and 2. boss within 1 min each.

7 hours ago, Susumimi said:

The only purpose why anyone'd even bother with this borefest is the costume, NOT plural, since the 80-coin costume is garbage.

Moonstone drops are nonexistent or 0.0001%, and they went WAY OVERBOARD with boss HP. Why not make final boss have 999,999,999 hp? While they're at it why not make it infinite hp? Oh ho.

Prime example of devs too lazy  to program anything new so they just put these new "clickfests" in the game then boost boss HP 100 times, because they take zero effort to program.

Pro tip on how to make events: DON'T MAKE THEM BORING. Simple as that. This event is so boring that it runs the risk of breaking my mouse's LMB because all you do is hold the damn button down. Make your events like the mushroom cave where there's SOME skill and mechanics involved ffs. Hell even Mushin's tower is more fun than this.

8 hours ago, Nattia said:

I'm not going through this instance for a healing tonic and a naryu silver. worst event to date.

If you dont like it, dont run it, no one is forcing you too. There are plenty pleeeenty other players who like the event.

The Vipercap event sucked, you had to bid against everyone for the additional drops which effectively screwed new players. This event is a lot better and I think they should always have two events running concurrently: low and high level. Somehow make it so you can't do both with the same toon, maybe level cap 16-35 and 36-50.

Just as the person above said; I like this event and I think the rewards are fair plus it's accesible to everyone, both alts and newbies :D
I also got 20 moonstones so far, guess you weren't that lucky :/

Hope your luck gets better so you can get to enjoy it too

0 moonstones in 26 boxes (2x13 daily ones) But im not mad at all. Low lvls can profit from the boxes, high lvls from the new event material Exchange.

BUT

there's one interesting thing in this dung. According to my observations alot of ppl are either bots or total retards who uses their knees instead of brain. 1st floor: sniping mode? whuts dat? 2nd floor: oh man, blood mane is hit by blue and healed by red laser? Out of brain capacity. Knock him up so he wont be healed? Lol dream, use the grenade launcher everytime when it is ready instead, it must give alot of dmg! 3rd floor: fire gun dispel cold bind? cold gun dispell fire bind? And fire kills ice mobs???? whut kind of witchcraft is this?...

Rly, i think my 7 y/o sister could handle this dung better than some ppl. Now try to imagine such ppl in tomb or citadel. Or, god forbid, in future naryu sanctum or furnance. Rip faith in ... some players

I think that drops are nice , they preserve the economy. If moonstones/skin were not rare the prices would go down and most of the players would cry about it ... (considering that moonstones's price is alrdy down a bit and they cry lel ) Plus it can help new players providing the materials for the new weapon upgrade path ^_^ Works pretty good...

Archived