Should I come back?

victor122

Hey, guys. So after a few months of being away, I'm thinking of coming back. I love the game and its design but with all the "game is dying" threads in this forum I wonder if that's even worth it? Is coming back to a game who is (supposedly) dying worth my time? From the way things look atm the devs don't pay too much attention to player feedback.

This is not a rant here... I really wanna know if coming back is worth it.

Also, I'd love to hear things about this new balance and weapon systems I've read about? are they better than the previous one(yes, I know this is purely subjective), since I'm planning to switch things a bit and go from my usual distance type chars(like fm) to a more melee type(sin or bm).

Thanks in advance

Have a great day  :)

I think the amount of 'game is dying' threads would just imply there's still a playerbase that feels it's worth it to whine and cry. As for devs not paying attention, well, they are in KR. We can't get every little thing we want in here in the West since the process for that is very bureaucratic and thus lengthy. But in my experience we get a lot more than in other similar games (devs are in Asia), which means they deem it worth it to focus on our version as well.

it's fun to play for few weeks once in a while, but once you hit wall of "you need 1000 of this, go do that 10000 times" it gets boring again to point of few month break, till next few patches when that stuff becomes common, cheap and easy to get.

You know you want to come back and play some more Blade & Soul. The game is not dead. You can tell this by looking at the number of threads which whine about how the game is dying. The game's moderators are still alive as well, and they also apparently play. Here is the link to the twitch broadcast they made about the latest patch:   https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/92114200

2 hours ago, victor122 said:

Hey, guys. So after a few months of being away, I'm thinking of coming back. I love the game and its design but with all the "game is dying" threads in this forum I wonder if that's even worth it? Is coming back to a game who is (supposedly) dying worth my time? From the way things look atm the devs don't pay too much attention to player feedback.

This is not a rant here... I really wanna know if coming back is worth it.

Also, I'd love to hear things about this new balance and weapon systems I've read about? are they better than the previous one(yes, I know this is purely subjective), since I'm planning to switch things a bit and go from my usual distance type chars(like fm) to a more melee type(sin or bm).

Thanks in advance

Have a great day  :)

1. game is not dying

2. devs dont care, they are in korea not here

3. class balance is bad, gear progression is awful

2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

class balance is made for tournaments not dia, plat, gold, silver or bronce pvp.
pve wise it will be more balanced with midnightskypetal.

Tournament balance is like : who win... get the nerf.

ignore the white knights saying the game is very well alive because it isn't. Pre 50 areas do not have any players and 50 areas only have a few players. 

"but mushin tower has many players!!!" i wouldn't be surprised if those players were 90% of the server population

definitely worth it to come back, but it's best if you have friends and a clan to come back to.

Anyway it's not hard to find groups or opponents (if you are into PvP), so in that respect the game is not dying at all. Even 6v6 still works, even if the event is over. ^_^

14 hours ago, cokaine said:

ignore the white knights saying the game is very well alive because it isn't. Pre 50 areas do not have any players and 50 areas only have a few players. 

"but mushin tower has many players!!!" i wouldn't be surprised if those players were 90% of the server population

Same things in other MMORPGs. People rush toward end-game contents instead of dragging around in lowbie areas for so long. You cannot expect them to hangout in lowbie areas where there is nothing profitable to do there.

Even newbies are advised to just keep the low-level grind and go straight to lv50, where the gold income, exp income and meaningful contents are opened for them, so you don't see them a lot either. Pretty much no low-level content required party to do.

Only game with level-grinding with Lineage 2 has players in lowbie areas, cuz it takes you days or weeks to grind in the same areas over and over until you can finally ditch it for good.

If you want to see players' crowd, go to hubs like Mushin's Towers, House of Pleasure, Hogshead Village and Jadestones, where they hang around the vault-keeper for obvious purpose. If you want to see them in action, go to arena, dungeon lobby or Soulstone plains.

Its hard to say, what does mean dying.

a. yes all this ranting threads means, theres many people who really care about the game

b. population decreased quite bad, even after server merge

c. theres too many fan whales, who will keep this alive, no matter what, at least for long time, sadly atm it looks like 700+ ap for everything, to run with them

cannot die, undead

i came back, and its allways mixing enjoynment from game itself, vs frustration and dissapointment with bs rng (i dont mind reasonable grind) and toxic comunity

On 12/10/2016 at 2:36 AM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Same things in other MMORPGs. People rush toward end-game contents instead of dragging around in lowbie areas for so long. You cannot expect them to hangout in lowbie areas where there is nothing profitable to do there.

Even newbies are advised to just keep the low-level grind and go straight to lv50, where the gold income, exp income and meaningful contents are opened for them, so you don't see them a lot either. Pretty much no low-level content required party to do.

Only game with level-grinding with Lineage 2 has players in lowbie areas, cuz it takes you days or weeks to grind in the same areas over and over until you can finally ditch it for good.

If you want to see players' crowd, go to hubs like Mushin's Towers, House of Pleasure, Hogshead Village and Jadestones, where they hang around the vault-keeper for obvious purpose. If you want to see them in action, go to arena, dungeon lobby or Soulstone plains.

gonna disregard everything you said and explain what i meant with my post: deserted areas = low ammount of players

5 hours ago, cokaine said:

gonna disregard everything you said and explain what i meant with my post: deserted areas = low ammount of players

Low amount of players in those areas, or in the whole server?

If it is the first, the I have explained it above. Lowbies just rush through them. Not mention that they can change channels, so you even have less chances to meet them.

If it is the second, then I also have explained it above. High-level player activities concentrate in a few selected open-world areas with player hubs or , and mostly in F8 and and F9 dungeons.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Low amount of players in those areas, or in the whole server?

If it is the first, the I have explained it above. Lowbies just rush through them. Not mention that they can change channels, so you even have less chances to meet them.

If it is the second, then I also have explained it above. High-level player activities concentrate in a few selected open-world areas with player hubs or , and mostly in F8 and and F9 dungeons.

new players don't know that and will mostly walk around doing quests and what not, but you don't see that which means thsi game isn't getting any new players, and older players at some point have or will quit this game thus meaning the game is DYING. now stop white knighting ty.

4 hours ago, cokaine said:

new players don't know that and will mostly walk around doing quests and what not, but you don't see that which means thsi game isn't getting any new players, and older players at some point have or will quit this game thus meaning the game is DYING. now stop white knighting ty.

how about stop black knighting and show us some real proofes that this game is dying, or are you just a conspiracy theorati? If yes here a tin foil hat.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:36 AM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You pretty much listed out why this game is boring, there is nothing to do despite having all these awesome mechanics nobody wants to do them. Everyone just want to overgear and speedrun everything. I wonder how you all can spend so much effort to gear up just to mindless dps dungeons, how is that fun....

6 hours ago, cokaine said:

well ill disagree with this a bit. Why?? Yday started to play made kfm and was going true the low content a bit the 1st villages and so on and i wouldnt say that there isnt any low lvl players there are, but not as much when the game came out and there where see of players weeks after the release. Ill compare that to a game called Aion not so far away i made a char there tooo as it is 7 years old game and so on and i would say the amount of players there in low lvl and here is +/- the same so there are new players coming in but not in big waves just by bit by bit. And in bns there is channel system where some channels can have more players than other channels, and when i was trying Tera out i saw the same situation not so much players on low lvl content but big masses on high lvl content 

Archived