anybody here from UAE with less than 150ms ping

sexydadee

I am not from Dubai  (would love to visit ) but I wanted to ask. Does it seem to you that using Etisalat is problematic for games in general? Are you having ping problems with other games or just Blade & Soul? If it is just BnS then you are in the same boat as all of Europe, South America, SEA and some of North America.

How can I say this, I think I also have ping problems with other games but it is not as noticeable as in BnS because those other games are not as combo-oriented as BnS which requires keystrokes in quick succession.  But I'm not entirely sure, maybe it's just BnS' crappy network configuration, that's why I am asking if there is anyone from UAE who has better ping.  Maybe I have just bad network configuration, maybe I have bad ping because I did not subscribe to the premium service, etc.  BTW, there are only 2 ISPs here and Etisalat is said to be the better of the 2.

6 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Check with pingplotter. That will show where the bottleneck is. I can play with 350 ping so at 150 you should be okay.

Play, yes, but to play as a BladeMaster, you need lower than 150ms in order for that "block" to register.  Otherwise, you gonna fail.  Also, your dps will be significantly lower compared to others who have lower than 100ms ping.

In EU, some countries that are definitely 7km away from Frankfurt (game server location) have pings of lower than 100ms.  So, I am hoping that there is a cure somewhere.  I will check out pingplotter.

Edit: I read 7km, instead of 7k.  Yeah, 7k is far enough to get you to more than 100ms ping.

2 hours ago, sexydadee said:

Play, yes, but to play as a BladeMaster, you need lower than 150ms in order for that "block" to register.  Otherwise, you gonna fail.  Also, your dps will be significantly lower compared to others who have lower than 100ms ping.

I am a BM as well with 390-400 stable ping.

It's not impossible to play and blocks do register if you time it properly but yes, the DPS is significantly reduced, especially after they did tweaks to Dragontongue's animation last patch.

Yes, and therein lies the problem.  If you try to time your blocks properly with high ping, you will lose out on dps because you have to stop sooner than usual in order to time the block right.  And even without blocking your attack speed is significantly reduced because of the high ping.  I have an SF that uses Earth build which is outdps'd by a frost build with 40AP less than me.

i am from UAE, my Internet Speed is 50MB, Etisalat. 

i started BNS back in Closed beta and the game is really doing well, but some time the problem is from the Internet provider (Etisalat)

all MMO are running smoothly in UAE but Internet issues might occur because of the pressure on Etisalat servers specially at night time

13 hours ago, MrDaisy said:

i am from UAE, my Internet Speed is 50MB, Etisalat. 

i started BNS back in Closed beta and the game is really doing well, but some time the problem is from the Internet provider (Etisalat)

all MMO are running smoothly in UAE but Internet issues might occur because of the pressure on Etisalat servers specially at night time

So whats the best ping you got from your 50MB Etisalat line?

How, i live in Uae, ping reaches400~ using a program i reach 200~ minimum, its getting really frustrating how others get huge advantege with lower ping, i get alot of fps drops, game crashes, and alot of pingspikes, with the usual ping reaching 200, its so unfair..

I'd like to play alot of classes but due to ping i cant, class and performence is so low with high ping, its just obligatory for me to play classes that requires almost no brain with not much challenge with this ping

9 hours ago, Jhii said:

How, i live in Uae, ping reaches400~ using a program i reach 200~ minimum, its getting really frustrating how others get huge advantege with lower ping, i get alot of fps drops, game crashes, and alot of pingspikes, with the usual ping reaching 200, its so unfair..

I'd like to play alot of classes but due to ping i cant, class and performence is so low with high ping, its just obligatory for me to play classes that requires almost no brain with not much challenge with this ping

whats your etisalat subscription @Jhii?  according to mr daisy, hes got a 50mbps one.  I am currently on 12mbps and getting around 180-200ms with ping booster app.  I know bandwidth does not directly translate to latency but in this case, i am hoping it will.  So i am planning on upgrading my plan.  Also, dont play on wifi, make sure to play on wired lan.  It lowers the latency alot.

5 minutes ago, BaSiLB said:

etisalat and i use 20 mbs and 12 mbs both got same ping for me

There's a service called speed booster from etisalat wherein if you have 20Mbps plan, you can upgrade it to 50Mbps for 1 month for 100AED.  Maybe you can try it for 1 month and see if it improves your ping

6 minutes ago, sexydadee said:

There's a service called speed booster from etisalat wherein if you have 20Mbps plan, you can upgrade it to 50Mbps for 1 month for 100AED.  Maybe you can try it for 1 month and see if it improves your ping

maybe it will but im not sure tho 

Archived