Ebondrake Citadel: Does it HAVE to be stealth?

Cesura

Yeah, I know, just hear me out. 

I was thinking about the mechanics on the last boss and an alternative to Summoner and Sin occurred to me, though I'm not 100 % sure if it will work, but I doubt I'll find a group actually willing to try it so if anyone knows for sure I'd like to know. 

And that alternative is Warlock. 

The basic gist of the mechanic itself, is that you want to force the boss to target a specific person with his special ranged attack, so you normally stealth everyone but that person. 

Warlock can spec sanctum to stage 3 which prevents anyone standing inside it from being targeted by ranged attacks from anything outside it. So they can only be hit by non-targeted AOEs (like sunflower beams). It's mostly a PvP skill. But if it works on the boss in Ebondrake, then what you would do is instead of having the party crowd in the bosses AOE for the stealth counter, they all crowd on the warlock, except for the mark, and the WL drops stage 3 sanctum, preventing the boss from targeting the party and forcing him to fire at the mark just like the usual stealth strategy. 

Unless the bosses' projectile doesn't require an actual target and is just hard-coded to hit whoever isn't stealthed. Then it wouldn't work. If anyone actually gets to try it let me know. 

I'm just thinking about alternatives because it would be nice to have a plan B in case you're lacking one of those two classes or if you have one, but they're on CD or otherwise whiff the skill. 

Also, theoretically, if the mark has a skill capable of taunting the boss, would that potentially force them to be targeted for the ranged attack? Again, that could be a plan B that saves the party from a wipe if stealth fails for whatever reason but the mark can taunt. 

If either of those ideas work then it might prevent a few extra wipes, which is always nice. 

As a Summoner, I think the stealth requirement that based on a few skills that only two classes in this game possess is quite silly. I don't like the fact that the success of a run depend entirely on a single person who needs to do his stuff properly. Even the Dark Void phrase have alternative ways to CC bosses without two classes with Tab Daze.

Would be better that instead of relying on party-stealth skill, there should be a mechanic where every class can use to enter stealth by themselves, such as an add spawn that drops a smoke bomb, or the boss shoots slow AoE projectile at random spots on the stage instead of just the visible targets, so that the marker need to run around to take the shoot.

I'm pretty sure KRs would actually have found out and broadcasted that WL Sanctum would disrupt targeting, Citadel's been out in their server for two/three years.

How about testing Sanctum on normal mobs and see if they still try to attack you under it.

5 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

As a Summoner, I think the stealth requirement that based on a few skills that only two classes in this game possess is quite silly. I don't like the fact that the success of a run depend entirely on a single person who needs to do his stuff properly. Even the Dark Void phrase have alternative ways to CC bosses without two classes with Tab Daze.

Would be better that instead of relying on party-stealth skill, there should be a mechanic where every class can use to enter stealth by themselves, such as an add spawn that drops a smoke bomb, or the boss shoots slow AoE projectile at random spots on the stage instead of just the visible targets, so that the marker need to run around to take the shoot.

Don't leave out the fact that the other non-Sin/Sum have to do their jobs too. I've been in parties where people were halfway across the map or were trigger happy and broke stealth early or the marker failed to transfer the buff and none of that was my responsibility, and I couldn't do anything about that. The responsibility is equally shared, not entirely dependent on one person.

I disagree with your standpoint regarding the reliance of a certain class. It's an interesting new spin on mechanics and makes Sins/Sums important and actually encourages them to be brought.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

I disagree with your standpoint regarding the reliance of a certain class. It's an interesting new spin on mechanics and makes Sins/Sums important and actually encourages them to be brought.

Because, especially sums, were absolutely useless until now, right? It feels a bit weird to have one of the highest dps classes which is also the only real supporting class as requirement for the mechanics.

The mechanic is a bit forgivable, I run it with my friends and we kinda BS through it, the sin failed to stealth so they got knockback and didn't get rootedor heaven breach, but we somehow survived by BM HM block, marker job is to run away from boss because after the Heaven breach you will get rooted and die from red attack. 

As for sanctum, I put middle stage so i can daze him just in case they burned out their tab escape before we get suck in

1 hour ago, Leviathane said:

marker job is to run away from boss because after the Heaven breach you will get rooted and die from red attack.

Um, no? They're supposed to stand near everyone else so that the buff gets transferred to everyone. The rooting from the buff itself doesn't do anything hazardous.

7 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Good thing is that Sum and Sin is popular, so we never run out of them to run the thing.

What would happen... if the mechanic  relies on KFM or SF, cuz the developers are high and want to see a boost in population of these classes?

I feel being relied on specific classes is no different from the holy-trinity recruitment, which is something that BnS manages to avoid well so far. Without sum or sin, you cannot, or have it very difficult, to run the dungeon. It is like you cannot run a dungeon in other MMOs, if you're lacking of tankers and healers.

2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Um, no? They're supposed to stand near everyone else so that the buff gets transferred to everyone. The rooting from the buff itself doesn't do anything hazardous.

For easier rez later, I think. If you dead at boss feet, it is hard to rez.

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

no, what im saying is that the sin failed to stealth and we all over the place and DIDN'T get rooted for the heaven breach. After the heaven breach, marker get rooted to the ground and you can't move, you will die if you stand right in front of boss. Of course nothing happen if you do mech right, this is just how we bs through it

On 8-10-2016 at 6:42 AM, Shadovvv said:

I'm pretty sure KRs would actually have found out and broadcasted that WL Sanctum would disrupt targeting, Citadel's been out in their server for two/three years.

How about testing Sanctum on normal mobs and see if they still try to attack you under it.

Don't leave out the fact that the other non-Sin/Sum have to do their jobs too. I've been in parties where people were halfway across the map or were trigger happy and broke stealth early or the marker failed to transfer the buff and none of that was my responsibility, and I couldn't do anything about that. The responsibility is equally shared, not entirely dependent on one person.

Sanctum doesnt work for a lot of bosses.

For example if we take Asura, when Asura is shooting his flame thingies where block does work, etc. sanctum wont make him not target you. And thus you still get hit. 
Same for Naksun, he will still come to you even when you are in your little sanctum and hit the shit out of you. AKA warlocks are good for soulburn and some damage, but dont let them do a shit ton of cc or expect party protect. 

• 9 months later...

The difficult thing is rlly just the lag to deal with the last boss...

Basically protect party skills will work.. you just need to use it at the right timing: n the marker needs to attack first before everyone else or else wipe:

Assassin : Stealth - 'at sight on someone' - shoots out black ball

Summoner: Stealth - 'at sight on someone' 

Destroyer: Wood shield - 'uses heaven breach' - not sure about this one but its like fm

FM: frozen armor/sheath - 'uses heaven breach'

BM: HM block  - when it shoot on the bm  ( or earlier) - rarely see this one 

yeah it would be great to see warlock sanctum work :(  i may try it somehow.

Archived