Slots in Legendary Weapon

Grimstar

I've been playing since launch, and i'm a casual player. Atm i'm at 702 ap, and got stage 4 legendary, so i've been playing 9/10 months to reach this amount of ap.

And i'm still stuck with 4 slots.. How is this fair in any way? When others get 6 slots on stage 1? I have 2 gems in my bank which i simply cant use, cause i aint gonna buy legendary gem hammers. And it will probly take me 1 or 2 months to reach stage 6, maybe even longer.

Legendary should have a set amount of slots when u reach a certain stage, cause this is just frustrating and unfair..

RNG for ya. If you have bad RNG then suck it up and buy Legendary Gem Hammers if having 5~6 gem slots is that important to you.

They already improved the system from what it was on KR; upon upgrading to Legendary it was a chance for 1~6 slots. Just imagine how often people would get 1 slot and have to work their way up.

Tl;dr - If you want your guaranteed slots, take the time to buy the certain amount of legendary hammers needed rather than relying on the chance to get an extra upon upgrade.

1 hour ago, Grimstar said:

I've been playing since launch, and i'm a casual player. Atm i'm at 702 ap, and got stage 4 legendary, so i've been playing 9/10 months to reach this amount of ap.

And i'm still stuck with 4 slots.. How is this fair in any way? When others get 6 slots on stage 1? I have 2 gems in my bank which i simply cant use, cause i aint gonna buy legendary gem hammers. And it will probly take me 1 or 2 months to reach stage 6, maybe even longer.

Legendary should have a set amount of slots when u reach a certain stage, cause this is just frustrating and unfair..

LOL....I only have 3 slots on my stage 1 legendary weapon. You shouldn't cry before me. :P

How is it unfair? Maybe most people just bought the hammers they needed, you can do that too its not hard.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

How is it unfair? Maybe most people just bought the hammers they needed, you can do that too its not hard.

U really dont see what's unfair about this? If i end up with 4 slots at s6, i'll have to buy 37 legendary gem hammer (15+22), to get my 6 slots. They are around 30g each atm, so i'll have to pay 1110g more then someone who got them for free on lower stages. Alot of people in my guild even got 6 slots before they reached stage 3.

4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

LOL....I only have 3 slots on my stage 1 legendary weapon. You shouldn't cry before me. :P

I started off with 3 slots on s1 to, got my 4th slot on s2

8 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

U really dont see what's unfair about this? If i end up with 4 slots at s6, i'll have to buy 37 legendary gem hammer (15+22), to get my 6 slots. They are around 30g each atm, so i'll have to pay 1110g more then someone who got them for free on lower stages. Alot of people in my guild even got 6 slots before they reached stage 3.

So you'll have to pay for something that someone got lucky and received?  

So if someone wins a new car, I should go and be upset with them because I have to work and buy a new car?

Yup, this RNG is working as anticipated

3 minutes ago, Iorek said:

So you'll have to pay for something that someone got lucky and received?  

So if someone wins a new car, I should go and be upset with them because I have to work and buy a new car?

Yup, this RNG is working as anticipated

If u pay the same amount of money for a car as your friend, and he gets all kind of extras on that same car, while u only get stock parts, wouldnt u be angry at the car dealer or jealous on your friend? 

Just now, Grimstar said:

If u pay the same amount of money for a car as your friend, and he gets all kind of extras on that same car, while u only get stock parts, wouldnt u be angry at the car dealer or jealous on your friend? 

That is interesting,

However, I believe you're thinking along the lines of the weapon and not the gem slots.  You're contesting the gem slots on the weapon which are RNG and not in your control, obtaining the actual legendary weapon is completely in your control.  If myself and my friend were to buy the same car, then i would be privy to what was in the car prior to closing deal, which is not RNG.  When crafting a legendary weapon, you donate the mats knowing that the gem slots are RNG, so you're "signing a contract" per se that you agree to the terms that you may or may not get between 2-6 slots.  I wouldn't be jealous or angry with anyone in these situations.

You shouldn't use that example because before you and your friend buy the same car, you know what's included and what's not included before you pay for it. If the legendary weapon case, you know that you will have 3, 4, 5, OR 6 gem slots once you upgraded your weapon and that's what you know before hand as well. 

Let's say you and your friend both bought a lottery ticket separately and you both spent 5 dollars on the tickets. In the end, he won $500, but you didn't win anything. In this case, you know that you may or may not win anything before you bought the lottery ticket. Would you still complain to the lottery ticket that this was not fair to you?

The way I see it is one spends cash on buying the hammers to unlock all slots then loses half of them or more when upgrading to Legendary, they should be compensated for their monetary loss. I don't care how you believe this is wrong because in my mind's eye having my money taken from me after spending it for something is wrong regardless of your stance on these slots. It takes 7 legendary hammers to unlock 1 single slot on a legendary weapon. That is beyond ridiculous. Only white hat lemmings support this. You bought something they should NOT take it away from you just to make you spend more money on unlocking the very same slots.

That is called bait and switch in the REAL business world. Doing something like that can cost business a lot of money in legal fees and court costs. ToS and EULA cannot protect this game or any other when it comes to this tactic. NCsoft/west know this because I brought this up to them when I lost half of my slots upgrading. They fixed that issue immediately. Games like WoT/WoWS do NOT take away from premium tanks/ships because actual money is involved, if they do they refund the player or compensate them in some manner equal to the amount spent. NCsoft/west get away with it because no one raises hell about losing their money or people say, 'this is okay, you got a new weapon.' That's why this hasn't changed yet. This is one of the biggest faults of the F2P model.

11 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

It takes 7 legendary hammers to unlock 1 single slot on a legendary weapon. That is beyond ridiculous.

If it only took 7 legendary gem hammers for every slot, it would still be reasonable. But u have to pay more hammers, the higher number of slots u want. If u end up with 3 slots on s6, u'll need 7 hammers for the 4th, 15 for the 5th and 22 for the 6th. So if u are extremely unlucky, u'll have to buy 44 gems hammers (7+15+22), which are 30g each atm, so thats 1340g u'll have to pay extra to get on the same level as someone who got lucky.

Doesnt matter how u look at it, thats simply unfair, since everybody worked equally as hard for each stage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is simply bs, today i reached my stage 6 legendary, still 4 slots... Why should i have to pay for 37 legendary gem hammers to get at the same level as someone who got lucky? Having to buy 37 hammers will cost me 1300+g, ARE U SERIEUS??

I was already getting frustrated about the drop rates of legendary accessories, and now i get this. As a "casual" player who has been here since launch, i gotta say THIS kind of stuff will make people quit, which i probably will...

Sooo, not to put salt on any wounds or anything. But I was worried for this same reason last night when I finally upgraded to legendary. I was lucky enough to get 4 slots on s1, and even luckier with on s2 i got +2 slots. I thankfully did not have to buy any hammers. Looking at it though, I do believe the hammers are too expensive in the cash shop, especially because of the amount you need. Either gold or with cash, it's pretty fricking expensive. I think a price change is definitely in order for these hammers. 

6 hours ago, Grimstar said:

Why should i have to pay for 37 legendary gem hammers to get at the same level as someone who got lucky? 

Completely agree with you. Why don't I have $100 million dollars even though I bought a ticket for the lottery draw the same as the guy who did win the jackpot??? Total BS!!!

On 17-11-2016 at 0:46 AM, Reaper00 said:

Completely agree with you. Why don't I have $100 million dollars even though I bought a ticket for the lottery draw the same as the guy who did win the jackpot??? Total BS!!!

No need to get sarcastic here. U are either a person who got his 6 slots via luck or a whale who doesnt care to spend a few € to unlock slots.

No point in comparing a rl lottery with slots in a game, we already have enough rng with these legendary accessories.

U really think this is fair? Imagine u end up with 3 slots at stage 6, and u had to buy 42 legendary gem hammers to get extra slots, one of them costs 319 ncoin in shop i believe. So 42x 319 ncoin = 13k+ ncoin ( around 170€) or if ratio is 1:8,  around 1675g. I guess i got "lucky" i ended up with 4 slots at stage 6, so i'll "only" have to buy 37 hammers...

Archived