You don't know how good you got it

God Himself

Lag (how about set up some hubs around the world? and make it international server)

low fps (compared to other regions)

fps drop in arena bug (weird it doesn't appear in 6v6)

Events and Promotions aren't the same ffs (Event is supposed to hand out free things for playing and Promotion is where you sell stuffs at lower prices. Don't mix it up together!!!)

Occasionally memory leak

TOI enemy shouldn't have advantages over lagging

Don't be too serious about the negative posts in the forum. Some of the players get paid by other game company to make negative posts in hope to gain more players. If you played alot of other MMORPG games, you would have noticed that almost every single games have players making complaints about their games, unless the game itself was dead. 

For some of the issues, they are real like spike lag, bug, etc. However, in terms of RNG, every game is the same. The items with low RNG make them valuable in the market, which can sell for more golds. If they make all items with good RNG, then the value of every item in the game will be the same, which is not good in long term.

Every game suffers from lag, ping, and RNG. Blade and Soul is actually extremely forgiving, and NCSoft did continuously provide quality of life changes that were exclusive to our server. I've never spent a dime, and I have maxed PvE soul shields, near-maxed legendary weapon, and maxed hongmoon accessories. The only thing really RNG is legendary accessory drops, WHICH ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS YEAR. The only thing I disagree with from NCSoft is their western localization, but frankly that's just a matter of opinion.

Honestly I'd say the biggest problem is this game's community. They pretty much take NCSoft for granted, and are pretty much driving up the AP requirements of dungeons to ridiculously overgeared lengths, and with those absurd requests I'd feel heavily discouraged if I were still a lowbie. If anything that would make me quit, it'd solely be the toxic community.

12 hours ago, God Himself said:

unexpensive, 

you haven't tried getting a legendary ultimate pet I think. this mmo is nowhere near being unexpensive. 

also, people that are into grinding... from my experience they are the unemployed people that don't really support the game by paying. there are exceptions but that's my experience. all people I've known that were into grinding, didn't go to work, had loads of free time to grind. 

36 minutes ago, Nattia said:

you haven't tried getting a legendary ultimate pet I think. this mmo is nowhere near being unexpensive. 

also, people that are into grinding... from my experience they are the unemployed people that don't really support the game by paying. there are exceptions but that's my experience. all people I've known that were into grinding, didn't go to work, had loads of free time to grind. 

- tell me in which way legendary pet is fondamental for character progression.

- what other lives have to do in game? and honestly, what ppl do with their money is their business, right?

43 minutes ago, Shukran said:

- tell me in which way legendary pet is fondamental for character progression.

- what other lives have to do in game? and honestly, what ppl do with their money is their business, right?

if the game was tailored to people who spend all day playing, the players that go to work and spend a part of their salary on their hobby would go play something better for the limited time they have to play. that's my thinking at least.

pets aren't fundamental but saying the game is cheap is a total exaggeration, and also not true.

Compared to Aura Kingdom which is the most easiest MMO I've played, Blade and Soul is by far more difficult than that game. I just wish Blade and Soul had more 1 man dungeons to help us get the mats to progress our gear. That's what Aura Kingdom did which made it easy to upgrade our gear, but you could only enter the dungeon a certain amount a times every hour or more depending on the dungeon (ex: A dungeon with really good loot came only be entered once every 6 hours).  Of course there's party dungeons to get other gear but it wasn't necessary. When the boss dies in party mode everyone gets the rng based loot. It's also really easy to make gold in that game as well since you could make like 1.5k in about an hour. You could solo that game to endgame content without paying real money unlike BnS. The only thing that sucks about that game is the controls which is why I stopped playing it.

Hey OP, I'm not mad about the grind or the mechanics in game. I love to grind, pay2grind, etc..
The real problem is NCWest and the almost nonexistence player support. DO you know what I'm talking about? Let's do this:
*Netcoding: lag everywhere, even the germans complain about getting 70-100 ping in euro servers

*Netcoding, part 2: the disconnections in the loading screens aren't solved yet, in fact, it's worse after the desolated tomb update. People getting d/c at the *cricket*ing load screen, that madness!
*Gm/mods support: If you want to complain in here, you are really lost. Not even a friendly mod in here to talk with us or ingame (dragon nest/ path of exile just for giving an example)
*The whole "hurr durr this game is perfect"  """community""" 
*Another minor bugs/exploits (wwv rewards, wwv ranks, pvp rewards, ping abusers, etc)

4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Don't be too serious about the negative posts in the forum. Some of the players get paid by other game company to make negative posts in hope to gain more players. If you played alot of other MMORPG games, you would have noticed that almost every single games have players making complaints about their games, unless the game itself was dead. 

For some of the issues, they are real like spike lag, bug, etc. However, in terms of RNG, every game is the same. The items with low RNG make them valuable in the market, which can sell for more golds. If they make all items with good RNG, then the value of every item in the game will be the same, which is not good in long term.

Paid to get on a forum to bad mouth?  How much does that job pay >_>;;

On 10/6/2016 at 5:36 AM, K4t said:

Not only that. OP conveniently left out the crap rng the game has along with other ailments some people(not all) face, such as bad ping etc.

Imagine you're paying prem or spending on the game every month, your internet connection is god like, but you still have to turn around and pay for a vpn service to pvp high tier. No?

Spending money on a broken game only for them to shamelessly try to suck more money out of you by putting the good outfits into rng boxes while the reskinned outfits go up quickly in the cash shop for rotation. No? Not yet?

How about how exploiters and plagiarizers are dealt with such leniency , the pvp exploiters for example. Still no? Ok.

Not only that, op had 2 posts before with this thread being their third and this happens to be the topic they talk about. Not strange at all, just convenient. Like I said earlier, I'll just be here waiting for when they're giving out all the good stuff for next to nothing, when the game grinds to a complete standstill like the clogged drain it is.

I hav to agree with both points. Op and yours. But your point is still within the context that OP provides. 

Its not perfect but paying money for premium stuff is much nicer than paying money for items that are essential for gameplay but are cashshop exclusive items. 

Many MMOs implement the chance to fail wep upgrade system and provide cash only items to guarantee success. And with that, so many other similar unnecessarily aggravating things. 

What your money is paying for is essentially convenience or fashion and a pingbooster. None of these are NECESSARY for basic gameplay where you actually progress somewhere. I personally think RNG in acquiring your weapon for upgrading is much better than RNG failure of upgrading weapons if not also including breaking said weapon and starting from a +0 weapon. And you can only buy guaranteed success. Otherwise, you elect to go insane. 

Yes weapons r a wall. But you can get what you need eventually thru farming, guaranteed. That to me is better than farming for that and also having the chance for that upgrade to fail. A matter of time vs. A matter of chance putting your time to waste. 

We do have it good. But no mmo company is going to work its market entirely towards players and fairness. Especially f2p. Whales fund the f2p games(i presume for the most part?). The fact that these devs a)speak to us b) take into account our complaints and c) play the game is a miracle compared to other mmos (with the exception of games like tera? Not sure)

19 hours ago, Almerinde said:

Hey OP, I'm not mad about the grind or the mechanics in game. I love to grind, pay2grind, etc..
The real problem is NCWest and the almost nonexistence player support. DO you know what I'm talking about? Let's do this:
*Netcoding: lag everywhere, even the germans complain about getting 70-100 ping in euro servers

*Netcoding, part 2: the disconnections in the loading screens aren't solved yet, in fact, it's worse after the desolated tomb update. People getting d/c at the *cricket*ing load screen, that madness!
*Gm/mods support: If you want to complain in here, you are really lost. Not even a friendly mod in here to talk with us or ingame (dragon nest/ path of exile just for giving an example)
*The whole "hurr durr this game is perfect"  """community""" 
*Another minor bugs/exploits (wwv rewards, wwv ranks, pvp rewards, ping abusers, etc)

Hrm I did not see that the communication was so bleak. I too am frustrated with the ping/dc issues but I also appreciate that devs do respond to upgrade complaints and other requests in the past. 

It is very um lopsided? In terms of which issues to prioritize. I can only hope that with each maintenance the game gets better to play, and feels like you're playing within the same country. 

20 hours ago, Quantum said:

Compared to Aura Kingdom which is the most easiest MMO I've played, Blade and Soul is by far more difficult than that game. I just wish Blade and Soul had more 1 man dungeons to help us get the mats to progress our gear. That's what Aura Kingdom did which made it easy to upgrade our gear, but you could only enter the dungeon a certain amount a times every hour or more depending on the dungeon (ex: A dungeon with really good loot came only be entered once every 6 hours).  Of course there's party dungeons to get other gear but it wasn't necessary. When the boss dies in party mode everyone gets the rng based loot. It's also really easy to make gold in that game as well since you could make like 1.5k in about an hour. You could solo that game to endgame content without paying real money unlike BnS. The only thing that sucks about that game is the controls which is why I stopped playing it.

Oh wow. That sounds pretty amazing. I never imagined that a goal for mmos was to be able to solo endgame content tho. To be able to do that is amazing. But I guess that begs the question of mmo/rpg ratio and which to favor. It sounds like ur game favored the game aspect as opposed to the mmo aspect. 

17 hours ago, Brand X said:

Paid to get on a forum to bad mouth?  How much does that job pay >_>;;

I am not sure, but usually they are the staffs from other game company. To be honest, this bad mouthing posts don't happen in game forum only. It happened in other type of forums as well. My friend got paid 50 cents per post on other forum (not gaming) just to cause troubles. (at least that's what he told me.)

I would say just go with your feeling. If you don't feel like the game, just quit. If you feel like it, then stay. It is just this simple.

4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

I am not sure, but usually they are the staffs from other game company. To be honest, this bad mouthing posts don't happen in game forum only. It happened in other type of forums as well. My friend got paid 50 cents per post on other forum (not gaming) just to cause troubles. (at least that's what he told me.)

I would say just go with your feeling. If you don't feel like the game, just quit. If you feel like it, then stay. It is just this simple.

I still love this game.  Why I'm here.  Totally need to find a new guild though, mine died :(

Some people act like getting kicked in the stomach isn't so bad when your former acquaintances used to kick you in the head; both suck. NCSoft as others have mentioned finally toned down the grind because it was ridiculous trying to keep up with one char, let alone multiple on a game with so many classes and races to try. The game is clearly what it is, NCWest's push to milk as much as they can out of the Western market after the miserable failure that was Wildstar. They run this game in a way that makes it seem less than likely that they have real long-term plans for it. The amount of grind and RNG in all these Eastern MMOs is just stupid. When a game's systems actually move people to anger it says that they aren't very well done. Emotion should be invoked by the story and the challenge & reward of game play, not from gambling engines and frustrating grind.

1 hour ago, Prototypemind said:

Some people act like getting kicked in the stomach isn't so bad when your former acquaintances used to kick you in the head; both suck. NCSoft as others have mentioned finally toned down the grind because it was ridiculous trying to keep up with one char, let alone multiple on a game with so many classes and races to try. The game is clearly what it is, NCWest's push to milk as much as they can out of the Western market after the miserable failure that was Wildstar. They run this game in a way that makes it seem less than likely that they have real long-term plans for it. The amount of grind and RNG in all these Eastern MMOs is just stupid. When a game's systems actually move people to anger it says that they aren't very well done. Emotion should be invoked by the story and the challenge & reward of game play, not from gambling engines and frustrating grind.

mind to tell some moorpg with that philosophy and some in dept mechanics of such games that act like u preach? because moorpg= grind. whatever kind of, but means taking time on a character to upgrade it.

I was actually enjoying the story of Blade and Soul... until I entered Cold Storage, Sogun's Lament, Sundered Nexus and Shattered Masts that is. I have no clue what's supposed to be happening in these places or why and how they connect with the present story we have. Then I looked around online and found out that they're just rushing dungeons out without releasing the actual story points that introduce you to these places and have changed parts of names or dialogue... why? I get that they want to catch up with other regions but why can't they release stuff in chronological order with all its related content with it!?! I feel like I've learned Snape is going to kill Dumbledore while reading book 4 instead of finding out as it happens in the later book...

On 10/6/2016 at 0:54 AM, God Himself said:

Coming from other MMOs like WoW, Perfect World, Lunia, Aika, Priston Tale and whatnot, I would just like to tell the people that complain about the game in this forum: you don't know how good you got it.

This is one of the most forgiving, balanced, unexpensive, straight up EASY, quality MMO's in the market. But I shouldn't say "in the martket", cause it's also F2P.

Any low-tier game looks good when compared to a bunch of absolutely shitty games.

On 10/6/2016 at 6:25 AM, God Himself said:

I personally think that the RNG in BNS is fine. I got the entire sacrifice soul shield in 4 runs of the Tomb of the Exiles. That's 8 pieces in 4 runs. I got the Lycan outfit on the fly, while passing by and doing quests. I progressed through the main story seemlessly getting all I needed and I already got all true infernal accessories on my BM with some 5 days of playing. Now maybe there's some godlike drops out there that are really, really rare and that's what you're talking about? If that's the case I'm all in favor that superpowered equipment continue to be rare cause I don't like godlike players walking all around. That's just my view at it. But in general I think that the RNG as now is completely fine and gives better odds than most games out there.

You got a complete SS set from a few runs of a level 36 dungeon, wow, totally awesome! Rad!1!!!1!!!1!!!1!!

Just wait till you get to level 50+ content. Let's see your luck on repeated 4-man loot runs or scraping together BIS Asura pieces and getting maxed fuses. From the sounds of it, you haven't even gotten to unlocking your HM skills either.

15 minutes ago, Meginb said:

I was actually enjoying the story of Blade and Soul... until I entered Cold Storage, Sogun's Lament, Sundered Nexus and Shattered Masts that is. I have no clue what's supposed to be happening in these places or why and how they connect with the present story we have. Then I looked around online and found out that they're just rushing dungeons out without releasing the actual story points that introduce you to these places and have changed parts of names or dialogue... why? I get that they want to catch up with other regions but why can't they release stuff in chronological order with all its related content with it!?! I feel like I've learned Snape is going to kill Dumbledore while reading book 4 instead of finding out as it happens in the later book...

Sogun's Lament is only to foreshadow Julia's role in Act 5-7, and Shattered Masts is a plot part of Act 6. The rest are basically sidequests that have nothing to do with the main plot.

They weren't rushing anything, we've gotten the exact same content path as KR/JP/TW. A lot of dungeons either are briefly touched on but have no major impact to the story, or have absolutely nothing to do with the story at all and are basically on the same level as sidequests.

Archived