Stop butchering this game with RNG

Beleth

Yet another complain about RNG. I've seen posts about people complaining that legendary stuff is hard to get and then people saying that "Uh that's legendary it shouldn't be handed to everyone" But the problem is that lately they pretty much treat everything like it's legendary. I haven't even gotten there yet to complain about legendary but my issue at the moment is "Purple Breakthrough weapons / wheel outfits" Since I've created alt it's literally impossible for me to get an outfit and I know what literally means, I'm not exaggerating. And weapons? It's like hey before you get a weapon for your own class here check other weapons too and stack them 3-4 times~ Now my problems might not be as significant as others issues with legendary stuff but at the moment for me it really kills the fun and it's really annoying. And it's not only for me, I was doing Profane Jiangshi with few other players and eventually they gave up on outfit and left. 2m451k0.jpg

I was going to put a long winded post about this but ill sum it up for you. 95% of the outfits are rng deal with it. Certain outfits you can buy from achievement merchant or get them from events. Even the new outfit is rng.  They are not going to change that for you. You do not need the outfit and it is not affecting new players leveling development. They are making it easier for you to get boxes. 30+ tries for outfit. I don't see anyone complaining about the lycan outfit being RNG

I did 1000 runs for my red mask in last 2 days,some dude got it in 10 runs.

This game is purely rng,from outfits to material drops,tower of infinity or 6v6 matchmaking even.

The way koreans like it sadly,deal with it.

the issue for me which the prize wheels, at least for weapon chests, it that it is multiple levels of rng for a single item, that is stupid. it should be EITHER rng to get the chest from the wheel and class weapon is guarunteed OR weapon chests is guarunteed and class weapon inside is rng, NOT BOTH. this is meant to be a fun game, not a gambling simlulator

15 hours ago, KaVeN said:

7 month ago when i was leveling my character i spent hours and hours and hours grinding field boss to get my weapon or my outfit, and i never complained.

when i was leveling my first character those months ago, i ran out of keys on stalker wheel, needed to reroll another character and level it again

80x farm asura 3man, nothing of value dropped

not lazy ass for sure, and lol causal = someone with family, work, friends, healthy one - obviously bns is not intended for such kind of people

So basically just because you are not dedicated to the game you want everything to be easily obtainable ? Its not because you play only 1hour a day you should get 10 moonstone everytime you kill a monster or a guaranted asura ember everytime you do this dungeon, that doesnt give you the right to have a legendary for 1 silver either.

They already made all the content before silverfrost casual friendly by giving weapon and stuff in the main quest

They also boosted the xp from the main quest so a new player can reach HM4 once the main quest is done.

Cost of every upgrades are reduced by 30%, theres a new weapon path with even more reduced cost if you just DO YOUR DAILIES.

They doubled the xp from most quest.

Economy crashed and stinger worth nothing, moonstone too, so basically it cost a new player something like 3 time less gold to get something like legendary weapon

They will upgrade the droprate of legendary accessories

Etc...

And now you want a guaranted weapon for your weapon on chest ? come on, theres viridian, cinderlands, silverfrost, moonwater keys for that. Maybe you could buy some if you are not meant for grinding and support this FREE game instead of bashing it.

10 minutes ago, KaVeN said:

So basically just because you are not dedicated to the game you want everything to be easily obtainable ? Its not because you play only 1hour a day you should get 10 moonstone everytime you kill a monster or a guaranted asura ember everytime you do this dungeon, that doesnt give you the right to have a legendary for 1 silver either.

They already made all the content before silverfrost casual friendly by giving weapon and stuff in the main quest

They also boosted the xp from the main quest so a new player can reach HM4 once the main quest is done.

Cost of every upgrades are reduced by 30%, theres a new weapon path with even more reduced cost if you just DO YOUR DAILIES.

They doubled the xp from most quest.

Economy crashed and stinger worth nothing, moonstone too, so basically it cost a new player something like 3 time less gold to get something like legendary weapon

They will upgrade the droprate of legendary accessories

Etc...

And now you want a guaranted weapon for your weapon on chest ? come on, theres viridian, cinderlands, silverfrost, moonwater keys for that. Maybe you could buy some if you are not meant for grinding and support this FREE game instead of bashing it.

Reducing upgrade prices only crashes economy more = people get less money for running anything or farming... besides ridiculously low drop of book or something of value. There are other ways which would help new players way more, but thats not what publisher really wants. 

And so many "dedicated people" already left game, without any income of new players, that you should rethink your white ride, as you might find yourself playing alone with really low ammount of other fanbois, pretty soon.

Oh profane <3 I remember those times.
My 1st char KFM- had this wep on 4th box

My 2nd char WL- took me 117 weapon boxes and still didn't had it - bought key
My 3rd char BM - took me 1 box
My 4th char FM - took me 14 wep boxes
Costume on KFM took me another 140 essences before I even droped 1st costume box

My FM got 3 boxes out of 30 essences.
RNG is lolzd

43 minutes ago, Shîro said:

Oh profane <3 I remember those times.
My 1st char KFM- had this wep on 4th box

My 2nd char WL- took me 117 weapon boxes and still didn't had it - bought key
My 3rd char BM - took me 1 box
My 4th char FM - took me 14 wep boxes
Costume on KFM took me another 140 essences before I even droped 1st costume box

My FM got 3 boxes out of 30 essences.
RNG is lolzd

Lol not only Profane but ever since I made BM alt it's been cursed or something. First Jiangshi outfit took me at least 50 tries to get that outfit then I tried to get Pinchy and gave up completely after hours of trying, got only tail also tried Lycan outfit got only adorntment and now Profane. I'm not really one of those hardcore diehard fanbois so compared them I might be lazy but I think getting an outfit shouldn't be this difficult. Let's not even mention Hado's hat. But they are putting costumes in RNG boxes so I guess now outfits are luxury many can't have.

15 hours ago, KaVeN said:

7 month ago when i was leveling my character i spent hours and hours and hours grinding field boss to get my weapon or my outfit, and i never complained.

I dont care what you did or how you didn't complain the point is now new people are finding it difficult, I really don't care if you farmed it or not you doing it is not the end all experience for the game

15 hours ago, babeln said:

Reducing upgrade prices only crashes economy more = people get less money for running anything or farming... besides ridiculously low drop of book or something of value. There are other ways which would help new players way more, but thats not what publisher really wants. 

And so many "dedicated people" already left game, without any income of new players, that you should rethink your white ride, as you might find yourself playing alone with really low ammount of other fanbois, pretty soon.

Couldn't said it better myself

2 hours ago, Ilka said:

If everything were easy, this game would be a dressing dolls game, deal with it somethings are hard.

no

The wheels are no problem, it might take a bit of time but you will eventually get your costume or whatever. What is really a pain are the desirable costumes that drop from places like Tomb of Exiles and Daggerbeak Rookery. Not only do you have to deal with the RNG drop rate but then you have to enter a bidding war with other players who also want the costume. Even if there are no players who are after the costume, some will bid it up if they see you are wanting to get it. That is what I am finding is a problem.

OMG, listen to yourself. This is one of the most forgiving, balanced, unexpensive, QUALITY F2P games out there. You are free to retrain your skills at will, while in most other games you have to pay cash. Your items do not break or retroced during item evolution. Everybody gets an opportunity to have the best endgame items through the hongmoon evolution system. PvP is balanced. Literally everything is a piece of cake when compared to 99% of the games out there, and you are here crying because you have to give it a couple spins at the wheel before you get to your next guaranteed evolution? The way I see it you're a lazy casual not used to the grinding, and that's fine, but don't ask them to make the game any easier than it is cause it's already easy as can be. Drop rates are just FINE for someone who's not a self entitled lazy casual. You go out there and play some other MMOs and then you come back here and tell me about your experiences.

5 hours ago, God Himself said:

OMG, listen to yourself. This is one of the most forgiving, balanced, unexpensive, QUALITY F2P games out there. You are free to retrain your skills at will, while in most other games you have to pay cash. Your items do not break or retroced during item evolution. Everybody gets an opportunity to have the best endgame items through the hongmoon evolution system. PvP is balanced. Literally everything is a piece of cake when compared to 99% of the games out there, and you are here crying because you have to give it a couple spins at the wheel before you get to your next guaranteed evolution? The way I see it you're a lazy casual not used to the grinding, and that's fine, but don't ask them to make the game any easier than it is cause it's already easy as can be. Drop rates are just FINE for someone who's not a self entitled lazy casual. You go out there and play some other MMOs and then you come back here and tell me about your experiences.

Silkroad Online's grind for example is way harder and longer than blade and soul. Thing is, that game had a lot to do on the way as the player progressed to end game content/cap and even on their way to the top, winning events, wars etc wasn't totally based on their gear, skill was a major factor. A guy with a plus 7 set could beat another guy with a +5 seal of moon set if he had the skill and timing.

I played silkroad back in 2007 up to 2011 when I stopped because the game got totally ruined by gold botters inflating prices of basic items because gold was sooooooo abundant and they weren't cracking down on the bots, that coupled with the end game content being near unreachable is what caused the game to burn out. But to date it has been, for me, the most grindy MMORPG game I've played in my life *yet* it was the one I enjoyed the most.

The game had lots to do and its events and tasks wasn't locked to toons that were fully geared. The rng in the game(upgrading weapons) was the most painstaking thing I've experienced to date but it was worth it, not only that, they had items that increased your rng/luck ingame and instore, yes they had micro transactions only theirs actually had short and long term benefits.

They could at least put a cap on what you get from rng, like limiting you to getting two of each item from the wheel of fortune, guaranteeing you get an item within 12 rolls (or however many rolls the devs decide).  Same with using keys.  Open-ended rng is the most ridiculous system ever.  What if your paycheck was operated on open-ended rng?  This month, you might paid in pesos, or get a new work uniform.  You may go 20 years without getting money.

Archived