Forums

PvP-PvE damage (suggestion)

Donthink

Just a thought- what if skills would have separate damage for PvP and PvE.  Why separate? Because as it is now burst classes can do a burst of dmg of around 100k-200k in few sec- that is not bad for pvp as most players rarely even reach 100k hp (for now), but in PvE where boss hp reach millions and it surely won't die in 1 burst, these classes start to lack of dmg compared to classes which have more or less steady dps output.

Making higher burst damage to catch up with steady dpsers in PvE would mean that bursters would become insane on PvP. PvP fight would end in few sec (even now it's something like that vs destro on his fury) while on PvE where enemy have more hp than bursters can do on his burst, one stays far behind steady dpser.

In other words, you cannot adjust PvE dmg without screwing up PvP and vice versus. But separate skill damage would allow to lets say "Cleave" hit in pvp for 2k dmg and in PvE for 4k dmg. While now, if you would make "Cleave" hit for 4k in PvP and PvE you would have destros running around in every PvP event one hitting everyone  like  bms are doing now.

I think this is unnecessary, as this adjustment has already been made over the HP amount of NPC vs PC adversaries. Instead of doubling PvE damage, you can just as well halve NPC HP. Besides, high crit def already pretty much results in a similar effect (of course also adjusting randomness in PvP).

Giving two different skill damage values would only unnecessarily blow up tooltips and confuse people.

TBH I have never noticed a strong difference between steady and burst play styles in the long term. Usually steady is slightly higher but burst can take advantages of boss weak phases and / or have synergies when several buffs go together. I certainly also do not know of a class that cannot burst, so that distinction also escapes me. ^_^'

Archived