Please give us an f2p event for amethyst and aquamarine

RockmanEXE

-I doubt that only using the crtl+c permitted you to get all the gems and moreover a fused (hepta) aquamarine gem. I really doubt that.

u're not farming efficiently then

None of those gems are hard to obtain for a f2p player.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not rlly care if you have a hepta-gem or not and if you have payed for that or not. Also i do not think that you or i as "players that play much" are the norm.

And the casual player has most likely not a single hepta gem - in many cases if he got unlucky not even an "normal" aquamarine.

I gave you a pretty good explanation whatfor can be needed in this game and if its good or not. So i would refer to my post and hope you read it this time.

29 minutes ago, FarenheitZer0 said:

-I doubt that only using the crtl+c permitted you to get all the gems and moreover a fused (hepta) aquamarine gem. I really doubt that but if that is

the case,then you are the luckiest player I ever heard about. Seriously, share your rng.

-Fair enough

-I am no casual player,I am a "farm alot" player and still donot have those gem.

-I am no casual player and even a casual player will love to have those gems simply because there are there.

I already told you,a casual player shouldnt care about +6 ap from a hepta gem which only helps u clear like 3-4 second faster,it would be really stupid for everyone to have heptas. I farmed hard for my gear and i personally dont accept anyone to "catch" up to me without spending real money or nolife farming like i did.

34 minutes ago, FarenheitZer0 said:

-I doubt that only using the crtl+c permitted you to get all the gems and moreover a fused (hepta) aquamarine gem. I really doubt that but if that is

the case,then you are the luckiest player I ever heard about. Seriously, share your rng.

-Fair enough

-I am no casual player,I am a "farm alot" player and still donot have those gem.

-I am no casual player and even a casual player will love to have those gems simply because there are there.

- i think it is possible if you spent last the gold for 10 keys every day last throve - but with the condition that you had luck ;-)

- me neither - but anyway i think the post is more for the complete masses not only payer/"farm a lot" guy

- some ppl fail to see that this alone is a good reason ;-)

11 minutes ago, Hail0 said:

I already told you,a casual player shouldnt care about +6 ap from a hepta gem which only helps u clear like 3-4 second faster,it would be really stupid for everyone to have heptas. I farmed hard for my gear and i personally dont accept anyone to "catch" up to me without spending real money or nolife farming like i did.

As i said it is not only the 5sec faster. Aslo it is not only +6 it is 5 times +6 and you have to keep in mind, that at least atm there is no sign that casuals can catch up - so most likely the gap does grow - because next time a gem is introduced - it is mb +10 (mb 5 times +10) so where is the limit?

So it would be ok for players that farmed the same amount of time (or more) but got not your luck? Besides as i mentioned earlier this is a commom problem - look at weapon or accessoiry upgrades... 

And stupid - why? Because you can not show off any more or your you know e-p.... shrinks ;-)? Tbh i of course i also like to "show off" but i would rather like to play a game that is populated - and i think many players leave due to that reasons...

2 hours ago, FarenheitZer0 said:

Having spent over 2K gold in exchange before trove started waiting for it I managed to get 4x Aquamarine, 3x Ruby (managed to restock before buying one, so had 4 drop), 1 Amethyst.

I can make 3 hepta gems (3 citrines from F2P event). I have only paid for Premium, and I farmed the rest.
I know someone who farmed his way to 9 rubies, 9 aquamarines, 9 citrines, 4 Amethysts. He even had 2-3 more Aquamarines drop while going for his last citrines, we lost count of how much gold he spent on keys, but he did it all by farming.

EDIT: Figured I'd append this too instead of making another post: Future events will DROP Hepagonal Gems, so it's not like you will need 3x aquamarine events to ever have a chance to make the hepta. Not sure when this will start though and it's based on what happened in other regions

2 hours ago, JatoJato said:

- i think it is possible if you spent last the gold for 10 keys every day last throve - but with the condition that you had luck ;-)

- me neither - but anyway i think the post is more for the complete masses not only payer/"farm a lot" guy

- some ppl fail to see that this alone is a good reason ;-)

As i said it is not only the 5sec faster. Aslo it is not only +6 it is 5 times +6 and you have to keep in mind, that at least atm there is no sign that casuals can catch up - so most likely the gap does grow - because next time a gem is introduced - it is mb +10 (mb 5 times +10) so where is the limit?

So it would be ok for players that farmed the same amount of time (or more) but got not your luck? Besides as i mentioned earlier this is a commom problem - look at weapon or accessoiry upgrades... 

And stupid - why? Because you can not show off any more or your you know e-p.... shrinks ;-)? Tbh i of course i also like to "show off" but i would rather like to play a game that is populated - and i think many players leave due to that reasons...

first of all:

There are players that farm a dungeon 50 times a day and those who can only farm it 10 times aday (call them casuals as you may) the one and only difference here is, the guy doing 50 runs a day will get what he needs in 10 days while the other one will get the same in 50 days.

They both get the same just in a different time span. what you are asking is basically "give players free stuff because they cant play as much" which is not how it works.

So this isnt a good reason to make them freely obtainable.

Weapon and accessory upgrades are with no comparison here. And most players "leave" for many other reasons but not because of gems which are not required at all for any current or future content to come, they are purely a luxury item.

Everyone can sell gold on currency exchange and buy for example Trove keys but dont hate someone who is more lucky than you, since you know very well its all a gamble in the first place.

51 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

first of all:

There are players that farm a dungeon 50 times a day and those who can only farm it 10 times aday (call them casuals as you may) the one and only difference here is, the guy doing 50 runs a day will get what he needs in 10 days while the other one will get the same in 50 days.

They both get the same just in a different time span. what you are asking is basically "give players free stuff because they cant play as much" which is not how it works.

So this isnt a good reason to make them freely obtainable.

Weapon and accessory upgrades are with no comparison here. And most players "leave" for many other reasons but not because of gems which are not required at all for any current or future content to come, they are purely a luxury item.

Everyone can sell gold on currency exchange and buy for example Trove keys but dont hate someone who is more lucky than you, since you know very well its all a gamble in the first place.fof

For freely obtainable stuff this might be very true. By limited obtainability it is not. Also events give you (sometimes) things w/o rng but surely not w/o effort - so please spare me the "for free" argument - beacuse fact is you normally have to do something to get it - most likely play - which helps the game in general.

Ah we are back at the "it is not needed" argument - the most common one besides the "in other games it is worse" one. I am very well aware that it is not needed, but to be fair legendary is also not needed, yet not even true scorpio is needed atm - same goes for max accessoirs. But as i said - i think you can classify the game into 4 major areas and in 2.5 out of 4 ap matters (*).

I hate nobody that has more luck - things are as they are. But because of this there are throves and events - first stuff is introduced by a throve - bound by gambel or (much) money. and followed by an event after. I do not condemn the first (because it is needed to finance the game) - but you should also not do so with the second (because this is needed to "fill the gap" one the one side for the casuals and on the other for the not so lucky farm-players, besides payers also profit from free gems -> think about their alts).

A populated game is not a reason? Hm, i remember the start of BnS there was no time in that you have to wait too long to go into a dungeon (that is not in the daily rotation or gives lots of xp like CS or HM) - tbh i liked that much more than today were you nearly everytime have to wait before you can do anything that isn't in an event or the daily rotation - sometimes even if you have more than the "casual-ap".

I never said gems are the sole reason why players leave BnS - but the discrepancy between f2p, "grinders" and p2w/p2p players is definitely one point. And the gems are one aspect of this point, other aspects are for example expensive PSTS (that are bound by rng - bad in times were you can not farm gold very efficient any more) and therefore gear-differences in Legendary/Souls and Pets that are not rlly suitable for our content - because legendary ultimate is a joke in 6v6 and purple pets do drop once in a lifetime. Of cousre there are other reasons like:

- Stupid Rng (as explained earlier - sockets for legendary for example)

- Grind intensity (some do not like the grind - but that cannot be helped - should also not be a complaint)

- Bad infrastructure (can not be helped - because this costs money )

- Payers (some ppl do not see the importance of that group for refinancing - should also not be a complaint)

- No real Endgame-Content (as said before RNG is not Endgame, also making things just very expensive isn't endgame either, raids are not here yet)

- Problems in Pvp besides Servers (for example you do not get all skills and not all HM-Points -> you have to play at a disadvantage for some time or have to spent gold - therefore it is not rlly possible to play pvp with more chars than your main/good geared twink)

- No class change ticket if ppl get bored with their class - changing is just very expensive

- Idiotic char bound items (if you wanna play a twink you cannot just take stuff that you grinded with your main - especially SS, Weapons, ...) 

- Players get bored because some things are only gated by rng and not by achievments as i would be better, imho (for example the nec)

Remarks:

(*)   

the areas are (as i posted before):

-Pvp (gear equalized) - No

-6v6 - Yes, i think it matters to have more ap, can be the difference between a kill or no kill - especially if we think about some funny pets (also a problem for f2p players)

-PvE - Maybe, generally you do not need that much ap to successfully do a dungeon, but with more ap you can skip mechanics that can possible kill other groups (for example in yeti before patch you could kill him faster than the ice phase or in tomb you are not needed to correctly do the grabbing, ...)

-SSP - Yes, AP = dmg = Prestige (the one and only thing that brings players in this lame area)

As you can see in 2.5 out of 4 cases of the game - more ap matters. And if there is a steady increase in additional ap f2p players will only get into a deeper disadvantage.

12 hours ago, Hail0 said:

as someone who only paid 5 € to this game to unlock mail feature,i have all ap gems and even an hepta aquamarine just from selling gold and buying trove keys with hmc.

I fail to see your drama.

i suggest you try to live real life as well

I hate nobody that has more luck - things are as they are. But because of this there are throves and events - first stuff is introduced by a throve - bound by gambel or (much) money. and followed by an event after. I do not condemn the first (because it is needed to finance the game) - but you should also not do so with the second (because this is needed to "fill the gap" one the one side for the casuals and on the other for the not so lucky farm-players, besides payers also profit from free gems -> think about their alts).

Here is the thing, whenever there is a trove or any other rng box event, everyone literally has the same possibilities and chances to get the reward.

Given some get more lucky than others but chances are the same for all, whether some get it by money or by gold in-game.

A populated game is not a reason? Hm, i remember the start of BnS there was no time in that you have to wait too long to go into a dungeon (that is not in the daily rotation or gives lots of xp like CS or HM) - tbh i liked that much more than today were you nearly everytime have to wait before you can do anything that isn't in an event or the daily rotation - sometimes even if you have more than the "casual-ap".

This has nothing to do with any p2w events or gems, this is the community, players are responsible for this and not any event or ncsoft.

If players dont want to run some dungeons they wont, its their free choice. If you cant find a party for it, well tough luck thats how it is.

I never said gems are the sole reason why players leave BnS - but the discrepancy between f2p, "grinders" and p2w/p2p players is definitely one point. And the gems are one aspect of this point, other aspects are for example expensive PSTS (that are bound by rng - bad in times were you can not farm gold very efficient any more) and therefore gear-differences in Legendary/Souls and Pets that are not rlly suitable for our content - because legendary ultimate is a joke in 6v6 and purple pets do drop once in a lifetime. Of cousre there are other reasons like:

- Stupid Rng (as explained earlier - sockets for legendary for example)

- Grind intensity (some do not like the grind - but that cannot be helped - should also not be a complaint)

- Bad infrastructure (can not be helped - because this costs money )

- Payers (some ppl do not see the importance of that group for refinancing - should also not be a complaint)

- No real Endgame-Content (as said before RNG is not Endgame, also making things just very expensive isn't endgame either, raids are not here yet)

- Problems in Pvp besides Servers (for example you do not get all skills and not all HM-Points -> you have to play at a disadvantage for some time or have to spent gold - therefore it is not rlly possible to play pvp with more chars than your main/good geared twink)

- No class change ticket if ppl get bored with their class - changing is just very expensive

- Idiotic char bound items (if you wanna play a twink you cannot just take stuff that you grinded with your main - especially SS, Weapons, ...) 

- Players get bored because some things are only gated by rng and not by achievments as i would be better, imho (for example the nec)

Again:

- rng is present in every game, adn everyone goes through it, regardles if its p2w or f2p.

- the problems in PVP you decribe arent problems. thats how the game works, you farm youhm skills, you do your dailies / grind to increase your hm level.

the way you state it is "pvp is unfair because someone spent a week killing mobs to grind a hm level and i didnt so i am at a lost position".

- No class change because if you want to play a new class you can level it from scratch, especially where it takes u max a week to get to 50 HM6.

- Ofc its logical, its the same in other games aswel, take for example Tera, you also need to level up any alt, also gear it from scratch no difference here. to me people asking this are just plain lazy.

- This because there isnt real end game content, therefore the grind to progress kicks in.

Remarks:

(*)   

the areas are (as i posted before):

-Pvp (gear equalized) - No

-6v6 - Yes, i think it matters to have more ap, can be the difference between a kill or no kill - especially if we think about some funny pets (also a problem for f2p players)

-PvE - Maybe, generally you do not need that much ap to successfully do a dungeon, but with more ap you can skip mechanics that can possible kill other groups (for example in yeti before patch you could kill him faster than the ice phase or in tomb you are not needed to correctly do the grabbing, ...)

-SSP - Yes, AP = dmg = Prestige (the one and only thing that brings players in this lame area)

As you can see in 2.5 out of 4 cases of the game - more ap matters. And if there is a steady increase in additional ap f2p players will only get into a deeper disadvantage.

- 6v6 - Yes 4 AP will give you such a HUUUUGE boost you will solo the enemy team. Be real here other stats matter way more than AP.

- SSP - Crit damage would help you way more than just 4 AP extra just saying

And there is no disadvantage between more ap and less ap. Again everything can easily be cleared with less AP. it would be an issue if you couldnt do content because of it but thats not the case.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Here is the thing, whenever there is a trove or any other rng box event, everyone literally has the same possibilities and chances to get the reward.

Given some get more lucky than others but chances are the same for all, whether some get it by money or by gold in-game.

This has nothing to do with any p2w events or gems, this is the community, players are responsible for this and not any event or ncsoft.

If players dont want to run some dungeons they wont, its their free choice. If you cant find a party for it, well tough luck thats how it is.

Again:

- rng is present in every game, adn everyone goes through it, regardles if its p2w or f2p.

- the problems in PVP you decribe arent problems. thats how the game works, you farm youhm skills, you do your dailies / grind to increase your hm level.

the way you state it is "pvp is unfair because someone spent a week killing mobs to grind a hm level and i didnt so i am at a lost position".

- No class change because if you want to play a new class you can level it from scratch, especially where it takes u max a week to get to 50 HM6.

- Ofc its logical, its the same in other games aswel, take for example Tera, you also need to level up any alt, also gear it from scratch no difference here. to me people asking this are just plain lazy.

- This because there isnt real end game content, therefore the grind to progress kicks in.

- 6v6 - Yes 4 AP will give you such a HUUUUGE boost you will solo the enemy team. Be real here other stats matter way more than AP.

- SSP - Crit damage would help you way more than just 4 AP extra just saying

And there is no disadvantage between more ap and less ap. Again everything can easily be cleared with less AP. it would be an issue if you couldnt do content because of it but thats not the case.

You first statement is only true for real money. Because you are right in theory if everybody gets an infinite amount of boxes the chances are (/or should be) the same. But Buying boxes with ingame gold is limited - so the results are not necessary equal and there can be lucky players and some that are not so lucky. 

it is the free decision which dungeon to run, yes. But you are wrong nonetheless. Due to the fact that NCW controls the game and the rewards a dungeon holds they also control what players are doing. For example - why should you run "older dungeons" when there is nothing that you need from it (the new wepons only drop in new blue-dungeons for example - not in the old ones), why should you run a 24-man instance if there is not a suitable reward for your time, why should you run Tomb if you have SS and the Nec - there is no value for you. And with reward i do not only mean gold alone but also mats, ss, weapons and XP. So you see NCW has at least a strong influence on that - also the things i talked about were leaving because of dissapointment and this is also a point that NCW can and have to influence.

Again - i do not care about other games - i care about this one. Also rng is a mechanic to make things more exciting - as i said - but noone has yet explained me the "excitement" in the things i mentioned. And i admit the fact that rng is needed - but it had to be well placed.

Of course that is a problem, many pvp-only player pointed this out. Because in theory you could play PvP only - but as the game is you cannot do it atm. Also PvP should be skill based not "money"/"rng-drop-luck"/"gold based" - to say it with your words you can see that in any other PvP game.

I doubt the HM 6 - but besides - most classes need to be around HM10/11/12 to be played comfortably. Also you are missing the point - if the level would be the only problem i would say ok - but what is with your gear/non-tradable stuff/gems/ss/skills/achievments/... - also you namend a (not so good) alternative - you did not explain why it should not be there.

Farming with my main (becaus i get things done with less players in a grp, be a bit faster, encourages me to do other dungeons especially 6-man versions) is beeing lazy? Ok if you say so - i say grinding is grinding, the same effort regardless of the char.  I rlly hate the in other games thing - but anyway - i also heard from a game in which you can freely change your class due to the requirements your grp has (and you can keep all your gear and stuff) - so what do you say now - unfortunately i never played the game myself and i forgot the name.

Grind is not Endgame, RNG is not Grind, RNG is not Endgame.

I think i did a rlly good overview - and it is not "only 4 AP" this was true at the beginning - nowadays it is way more ;-). But yeah lets reuse old arguments even if they are not true anymore.

Gear stats are equalized - so you cannot have mor critdmg than others - only way to get more dmg now is AP. And then even 4 do matter - but as said it is more than only 4.

I never doubtet the clearability. But the opportunity to skip mechanics of bosses is definitely an advantage - because this is where most of the rmd-grps fail and therefore lose time... And the list of dungeons where this is possible is very very long.

On 10/3/2016 at 3:45 AM, Hail0 said:

u're not farming efficiently then

None of those gems are hard to obtain for a f2p player.

If you're completely f2p and you have a heptagonal gem, there is no way that you are farming EFFICIENTLY. Maybe "efficiently" compared to what other f2p players are doing but not efficient in the sense that you didn't have to grind or sacrifice time for it.

There are so many players who like to brag how they got things done so easily when the reality is that you had to spend much time and gold to achieve something like a heptagonal gem if you're purely f2p.

1 hour ago, Rokusan said:

If you're completely f2p and you have a heptagonal gem, there is no way that you are farming EFFICIENTLY. Maybe "efficiently" compared to what other f2p players are doing but not efficient in the sense that you didn't have to grind or sacrifice time for it.

There are so many players who like to brag how they got things done so easily when the reality is that you had to spend much time and gold to achieve something like a heptagonal gem if you're purely f2p.

Efficiency can only be compared to your peer-group - because the swiper would be the most efficient -> 0 time, full reward ;-).

The problem is also not that you need time - but that you cannnot have all gems (if you are not lucky) and that atm causals are unable to catchup.

Archived