Another nice outfit stuffed into a RNG Box again

Alysha Hawkeye

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Maybe read what I said instead of reading what you want to flame about but I guess it was hard task to understand long sentences so let me rephrase is in shorter sections to make it easier to understand.

Pvp rankings: 500-1000 BEST players of each class can be seen from there and there are 9 classes = fair share of 5000-9000 people. Only pvp population is included here.
Pve: no way to estimate real numbers as it includes players who never pvp.

How do you evaluate player count after 9 months of server being up? No player will ever know the real amount but there will always be people who say it's dead because no one wants to help low level players leaving those people alone and assuming there's no one in the game. Also what amount of players in the game is the limit for saying game is fully dead as in player count?

I already said the amount has been declining since start as the game hype died as people expected way more than what they really understood they will get. It is natural course of nearly every MMO that the player count will lower. There are people who got bored as they reached high enough to be at endgame and best thing they can do is to stand around doing nothing as they have no motivation to farm more since their gear is sufficient enough or is too expensive to reach in few days. Also the player mentality has changed considerably towards grinding.

Game hype died with first trove, first huge p2w event, with release of silverfrost and people realising what crazy grind are they expected to do.

I quit game at soulfighter patch, after traveling merchant event, and hype was long way gone. Returned few weeks ago. Since that time, theres about 40perc population on 3 servers combined, compared to one, it is my estimate. How acurate, thats question, but not too far from exact imo - look at elite lvl15 clans, and try to remember few months ago, how many more of them were around, and how many are now. Too many people are cricketted off, give game shot for week two, etc, then become inanctive for 2months again - theres your arena rankings. 

I havent said its dead, imo it cant even die, because theres too many whales feeding it, and why would ncsoft shut it down. It will live, but with this progress, there will be soon just low population of whales. 

Besides, this thread is about another shady cashgrab event, cricketting people off. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1.10.2016 at 0:55 PM, Arcayne said:

Ever wonder why NCSoft hides the actual % numbers even though right next to each item theres an actual "%" icon?

That % icon means that this item is randomly given, it's not meant for percentage. As you can see, in asian versions they use chinese character for that:
demon-lair-box-loot.jpg

随机 which means "random", not percentage(百分比). Probably writing "random loot" was too long to fit in that place, so they just wrote "%" symbol to symbolize random loot.

P.S. before you start calling me whitesomething or NCbot - I've not played BnS since July (I wait for next story Arc).

18 minutes ago, Marqin said:

That % icon means that this item is randomly given, it's not meant for percentage. As you can see, in asian versions they use chinese character for that:
demon-lair-box-loot.jpg

随机 which means "random", not percentage(百分比). Probably writing "random loot" was too long to fit in that place, so they just wrote "%" symbol to symbolize random loot.

P.S. before you start calling me whitesomething or NCbot - I've not played BnS since July (I wait for next story Arc).

% means - if you wont open hundreds, you can just dream of it

The outfit is confirmed to be released later on.
This is merely the first chance to get the outfit, not the only one :)
So save your gold, the world isn't ending yet :D
(I know it can be very frustrating, but seriously, these RNG boxes aren't worth it)

57 minutes ago, Yunim said:

The outfit is confirmed to be released later on.
This is merely the first chance to get the outfit, not the only one :)
So save your gold, the world isn't ending yet :D
(I know it can be very frustrating, but seriously, these RNG boxes aren't worth it)

totally arent, extreme frustrating bullcrap... im at 60 too, trying luck every day with 10hmcoins ones, with this logic - later = 2-3 months... last 2-3 months i had pause with game, its population decreased extreme, to 20ish percent, most optimistic 30perc. Who knows what will be in the next 2-3months, revelation comming, and too many people just waits in bns for that (theres atm nothing much good to play). 

I mean like I don't know how you can complain about an outfit being rng. Ingame outfits are rng too. Ive spent like 30 hours trying to get spirit veil at forsaken crash. And I still don't freaking have it. At least with this outfit you can spend your paycheck getting it (or ingame gold which just equates to how much time you spend playing the game). 

Like, there is always going to be more and more outfits that you will end up liking more as time goes on. 

And if you're a collector, then bruh amp up your game. collecting is a hard life. 

Take responsibility for the fact you may have a gambling addiction for pixels. May rng be with us. ;-; 

I bought one box.

Got: No hooka outfit, just 3 ss, 1 Silverfrost Refining stone and 2 exp fragments. 

Went to get a second box? NOT =P

Wasn't worth it to me for the ncoin spent. If I can't get the ncoin gold exchange value for items in the box for the same amount I'd get in game, its just not worth it to me.

Even if I wanted the outfit really bad, I'd still spend the amount of ncoin on it that I would for and outfit, 1k max. And idk if I'd do that bc more often then not, 2 months later there's that rgn box outfit in an event or DD reward or some where else.

Ooh also about the % on the boxes, I was wondering this as well. The green, blue, purple and orange designates its rarity but it doesn't give your percentage chance values for the colors..like green is 100 to 50% or blue is 50 to 10% and purple 10 to 5% and orange 5% to zero?

30 minutes ago, LilMsQT said:

I bought one box.

Got: No hooka outfit, just 3 ss, 1 Silverfrost Refining stone and 2 exp fragments. 

Wasn't worth it to me for the ncoin spent. If I can't get the ncoin gold exchange value for items in the box for the same amount I'd get in game, its just not worth it to me.

Even if I wanted the outfit really bad, I'd still spend the amount of ncoin on it that I would for and outfit, 1k max. And idk if I'd do that bc more often then not, 2 months later there's that rgn box outfit in an event or DD reward or some where else.

Ooh also about the % on the boxes, I was wondering this as well. The green, blue, purple and orange designates its rarity but it doesn't give your percentage chance values for the colors..like green is 100 to 50% or blue is 50 to 10% and purple 10 to 5% and orange 5% to zero?

59hmcoins how many golds are?

38 minutes ago, Shukran said:

59hmcoins how many golds are?

What's the exchange rate right now. 1:8? So 7.35 gold. Ss are going for how many silver....Silverfrost sell for...add those up. Just saying, thats my guide and this gives me an idea if its worth it. And there's 2 guarantees, 2 greens and 10 blue chances, rest are purple.

And the outfit, if I really wanted it, I'd get about 17 boxes to try for it. 

19 minutes ago, LilMsQT said:

What's the exchange rate right now. 1:8? So 7.35 gold. Ss are going for how many silver....Silverfrost sell for...add those up. Just saying, thats my guide and this gives me an idea if its worth it. And there's 2 guarantees, 2 greens and 10 blue chances, rest are purple.

And the outfit, if I really wanted it, I'd get about 17 boxes to try for it. 

there s a flaw in your idea. since 59= 7golds, u should not be capable of getting items worth more than 7g. instead it is a gamble, u can win less than value as u can win way more than value. that s the gamble.

On 2.10.2016 at 3:18 PM, Marqin said:

Err... But you realize you can express probability with %, right?

On 10/4/2016 at 1:50 PM, LilMsQT said:

I bought one box.

I get the feeling that some of the blue rarities are rarer than the purples.  100 Moonstones?  1000 Gold?  Never gotten either of them.

Archived