Another nice outfit stuffed into a RNG Box again

Alysha Hawkeye

15 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Which is why NCSoft couldnt give two cricket squirts what you, I, or anyone else thinks of their methods. They prey on the consistent stupidity of the average consumer. Which pays. If I were them, Id do the same. It works.

After all:

"Theres a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

What?  We knew coming into this game, these RNG boxes were going to happen.  They said so.  They said they only planned to keep it from being P2W.

The real question I have, is how much more do they make by putting it in a RNG box, over just putting in the cash shop.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Brand X said:

What?  We knew coming into this game, these RNG boxes were going to happen.  They said so.  They said they only planned to keep it from being P2W.

The real question I have, is how much more do they make by putting it in a RNG box, over just putting in the cash shop.

if it has same rate as breeze, then rip! i heard it has higher drop rate

I opened 100 breeze boxes, never seen outfit, got few poh hair, and amethyst (that was reason why i opened them, im happy that i didnt like breeze outfit at all).

Now spending every day 75g for 10box, 30 so far, useles trash only, 30g value back in total.

They make alot way more this way, than regular non rng sale.

And people complain, because they hate being forced into this rng bullshit, thats it. It works for ncsoft good, especially this few lucky ones allways shout, got it in 7th box, that only pushes all others into buying more.

43 minutes ago, Fang Himura said:

I dont normally cave into RNG boxes but I've wanted this outfit for awhile now.

It doesn't seem too rare, but that's all RNG I guess. I got 2 outfits in 20 boxes.

prove that youre not evil nc agent, who wants us to spend more!

Yeah, these RNG boxes arent worth it, got 122 boxes, got absolute trash. you'd think buying 100 would be a guaranteed drop, but nope, i guess almost 6000 nccoin isn't enough, as usual NC$$$oft trying to squeeze as much juice out of you as possible, i would've rather brought the outfit for 5200 nccoin or something, but not this mess that requires you to spend +15k nccoin if you're an unlucky..duck. all that other stuff in the box other than the SPTS are useless, prices are constantly going down, so when you're selling it, you're only getting roughly 70% of what its worth - 5% (or 10%...don't remember) that goes to an NPC you'll never see or something. And speaking of percentages, apparently the outfit has a 5% drop rate, makes no sense, out of 122 boxes, why, not even ONE, would drop, "but hey that's RNG for you" as they say, i feel like they are purposefully multiplying the RNG percentages with the actual drop rates (there are only 4 purple items, so that's 25% x outfit 5% , resulting in an actual 1.2% percent drop rate). 

Probably gonna see some smart alec guy say something like "well its RNG!!! Duh!!!", saying some nonsense like i'd be if i angry brought 122 lottery tickets  and didn't win the multi-million jackpot, as someone said something similar earlier, for one that doesn't make any sense at all, because the chance of getting the card with the "multi-million jackpot" is quite literally .0000000054%, and Two its not 1 out ~185,000,00 people, its a supposed 5 out of 100 for an outfit.

If that guy doesn't appear, probably will see some dude saying "well they said there will be "other ways" of getting the outfit, don't be impatient, just wait", yeah i guess, but that's not coming anytime soon, why would i (anyone in the real world) wanna wait +6 months Lol...game might be dead by then, and tbh, that is very unfair to the people that got it, and had to spend themselves a hefty +15k nccoin when they're gonna make it a free event, or just put it in the shop for ~2100 nccoin, its not like the outfit deteriorated over time, but damn i guess my money did...these are malicious business practices, and NC$oft knows it.

2 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

That or hes lying. Took him 200 boxes at best. White knights on this board have been known to go that extra mile to shill for their fanboy material. ;kappa;

I see a whole lot of NC Bots in this thread.

Just sayin'.

Or maybe it's truth. People have different lucks and some are luckier than others. I suppose you would assume that I also bought at least 100 boxes to get one outfit.

Ps. It took only 20.

2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Or maybe it's truth. People have different lucks and some are luckier than others. I suppose you would assume that I also bought at least 100 boxes to get one outfit.

Ps. It took only 20.

Oh I know all about how fickle RNG can be. Still, two outfits in 20 boxes? Kinda hard to believe since there are peeps here sayin theyve gone 100 plus without one.

That tells me that costume sits at no more than a 3% chance of dropping at best. 2 in 20 isnt "luck", thats hacking. That, or guess he made a deal with the devil.

28 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Oh I know all about how fickle RNG can be. Still, two outfits in 20 boxes? Kinda hard to believe since there are peeps here sayin theyve gone 100 plus without one.

That tells me that costume sits at no more than a 3% chance of dropping at best. 2 in 20 isnt "luck", thats hacking. That, or guess he made a deal with the devil.

Unless you have statistics from 1000 players at minimum you cannot assume any droprates. It would be hacking only if he got 2 outfits from a same box. Plus having the chance at 3 % doesn't mean you will get it from 3 boxes while opening 100 boxes but every single box has the chance of 3 %. So it is possible to get 3 outfits in a row and then 97 boxes won't give any. All that is possible. Also it would be possible to have 200 failures in row and then 10 succeeds in row but chances for that are extremely low.

Lucked out, don't like that outfit at all, so I won't be compelled to spin NCvegas's slot machine. Got that stupid Black Coat last time everyone was pissed about it being in an RnG box and I broke that ugly shit down for fabric :)

4 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Unless you have statistics from 1000 players at minimum you cannot assume any droprates. It would be hacking only if he got 2 outfits from a same box. Plus having the chance at 3 % doesn't mean you will get it from 3 boxes while opening 100 boxes but every single box has the chance of 3 %. So it is possible to get 3 outfits in a row and then 97 boxes won't give any. All that is possible. Also it would be possible to have 200 failures in row and then 10 succeeds in row but chances for that are extremely low.

Ever wonder why NCSoft hides the actual % numbers even though right next to each item theres an actual "%" icon? Almost as if they forgot to remove the symbol even though they clearly purposely omitted the number. Fact is selling costumes via RNG scam boxes is a shady money grab at best. You wanna make money? Sell the freakin costume in this store like every other cosmetic item on there. Period. 

"Oh I gots it with only two boxes, RNG must be great!" Oh yeah, awesome! So those individuals that bought 150 boxes and got squat, what...theyre just crap out of luck? "Oh well too bad so sad?" Pfft...garbage.

No matter how hard you white knight, (or covert NCSoft employee shill), and attempt to rationalize NCScams RNG "events", the non whales will continue to be repulsed by it and this game. On top of all the other crap this game puts players through. Further dwindling this games meager population.

Oh wait, you're one of those deniers that also doesnt believe that the populations are low cause "20 peeps in Mushin Tower last night!" ;kappa

Oh well. Keep on fighting for the cause mate! 

kek

23 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Ever wonder why NCSoft hides the actual % numbers even though right next to each item theres an actual "%" icon? Almost as if they forgot to remove the symbol even though they clearly purposely omitted the number. Fact is selling costumes via RNG scam boxes is a shady money grab at best. You wanna make money? Sell the freakin costume in this store like every other cosmetic item on there. Period. 

"Oh I gots it with only two boxes, RNG must be great!" Oh yeah, awesome! So those individuals that bought 150 boxes and got squat, what...theyre just crap out of luck? "Oh well too bad so sad?" Pfft...garbage.

No matter how hard you white knight, (or covert NCSoft employee shill), and attempt to rationalize NCScams RNG "events", the non whales will continue to be repulsed by it and this game. On top of all the other crap this game puts players through. Further dwindling this games meager population.

Oh wait, you're one of those deniers that also doesnt believe that the populations are low cause "20 peeps in Mushin Tower last night!" ;kappa

Oh well. Keep on fighting for the cause mate! 

kek

You are jumping to assumptions and flaming others for white knighting. Not sure what part of my comment was being white knighting to be honest. If simply stating normal facts and logic is white knighting then sure I am doing that. I am not saying RNG boxes are awesome as I don't really like them that much due to very poor droprates for their price. Yes I did buy them but only with HMCoins and only those 20 so I was lucky to get the outfit with just that. Would not have bought more even if I hadn't gotten the outfit.

Did you maybe forget that the % icon indicates that it is CHANCE item. Those which do not have the % marking on them will drop from the box even if there were listed 50 such items while % items only have a chance. It would be anyway too messy to have actual numbers in that also. The % is also indicating that if you didn't get it from the box you just had bad luck with it. Not having the % icon would be false advertisement.

Though this wasn't related to the topic in hand but anyway I wouldn't say population is low to be honest just by seeing rankings on pvp. There are still tons of people and that only includes those who ranked or like pvp. There are people who never even touch pvp while some players rarely touch pve content. I am not saying the population isn't in decline but at least I won't accuse biased numbers such as 20 players in whole server.

31 minutes ago, Shukran said:

6 boxes is tryhard?

i mean, i have opened 20 in 2 days. today i got a 10pack moonstons and 1 sts. i feel rich.

I'm speaking in general if I wasnt clear enough before. That toon is my alt, I have 2 other toons that have outfits and other prem stuff I purchased overtime. I've put considerable time and money into bns. I have about 6 or 7 cash shop outfits per toon, all bought with ncoin.

I've grinded hard during the lvl 45-50 first hm set cap and got burnt out so getting cash shop outfits that look good on my toons and doing dailies was literally all I looked forward too in bns. So, like I said earlier but just more clear this time, I've tried hard with this game. I've tried hard to like it and to play it ignored some of the cons and focused on what I liked doing in the game instead, now that what I looked forward isn't certain anymore I think I'm done playing the game, doing dailies, helping/grinding with clan etc.

I'll probably be back when the publisher finally caves and starts giving out all the good shit for free/no major investment some months before they pull the plug on the game or the game grinds to a complete standstill.

On 29/09/2016 at 6:49 PM, Arcayne said:

No, not at all. However...continuously pissing people off is. Cause you know, this game doesnt need even emptier servers.

Besides, whats the point of getting costumes cheaper or otherwise and costume whoring, if theres no one around to see it?

^This. When wales and other titan players realise they've got little to no one to kill, show off on, talk to, grind with etc, they too will get pass their gambling addiction and pack up to go elsewhere. I for one will not be fooled or pulled into such rng addiction. I've tried a few boxes and thats that. No one can say I didnt try.

13 hours ago, Arcayne said:

cant agree more, people get continuously cricketted off, by this, and other things as well. Just seeing how devs are active, resourceful, and so good in cashgrab, and INCOMPETENT in all other areas - fixing stuff, balancing, bots, lol profile photos, etc - just seeing this and playing this rng with 0 rewards makes me sick, i feel scammed as many others who quit.

13 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Though this wasn't related to the topic in hand but anyway I wouldn't say population is low to be honest just by seeing rankings on pvp. There are still tons of people and that only includes those who ranked or like pvp.

lol, so, after pause with game few months, i clearly see in all areas theres less than half population, perhaps 1/3 only, and this is with 3 merged servers, comparing to one server before. Your argument is, theyre all stuck in arena? What all this dead, sooner famous big, lvl15 elite clans? Theres more of them dead now, than active. So this population, theyre all now clanless, cuz clan sucks, and stuck in arena? Youre just pure whiteknighting here, sir.  

53 minutes ago, babeln said:

lol, so, after pause with game few months, i clearly see in all areas theres less than half population, perhaps 1/3 only, and this is with 3 merged servers, comparing to one server before. Your argument is, theyre all stuck in arena? What all this dead, sooner famous big, lvl15 elite clans? Theres more of them dead now, than active. So this population, theyre all now clanless, cuz clan sucks, and stuck in arena? Youre just pure whiteknighting here, sir.  

Maybe read what I said instead of reading what you want to flame about but I guess it was hard task to understand long sentences so let me rephrase it in shorter sections to make it easier to understand.

Pvp rankings: 500-1000 BEST players of each class can be seen from there and there are 9 classes = fair share of 5000-9000 people. Only pvp population is included here.
Pve: no way to estimate real numbers as it includes players who never pvp.

How do you evaluate player count after 9 months of server being up? No player will ever know the real amount but there will always be people who say it's dead because no one wants to help low level players leaving those people alone and assuming there's no one in the game. Also what amount of players in the game is the limit for saying game is fully dead as in player count?

I already said the amount has been declining since start as the game hype died as people expected way more than what they really understood they will get. It is natural course of nearly every MMO that the player count will lower. There are people who got bored as they reached high enough to be at endgame and best thing they can do is to stand around doing nothing as they have no motivation to farm more since their gear is sufficient enough or is too expensive to reach in few days. Also the player mentality has changed considerably towards grinding.

Archived