Another nice outfit stuffed into a RNG Box again

Alysha Hawkeye

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda expected it to happen with so many people commenting on it, and along the same lines its most likely the original statement about red business casual being put in the wardrobe by "mistake" was more likely removed and replaced with the pink version so they can drop the red version into an RNG box later $_$

I also noticed that in the earlier thread discussing the new outfit rotation that 'Rough Customer' was the most commented on of all the costumes. Someone even posted something to the effect of 'better not talk it up to much or NCS will put it into a RNG box. And then it happened. It is probably just a coincidence but who knows.

I'm just curious. As far as these boxes go does anyone have a 'rough' idea of what kind of % chance there is for the outfit to drop based on previous RNG boxes? Given that anyone buying these are doing so for the outfit, and that NCS knows this, what kind of drop rate do you think they anticipate the buyers will tolerate? 

Also, say someone bought a ten pack of the boxes and did not get the outfit. What is the chance that the items they did get would equal or exceed the value of the NCoin that was spent?

90 boxes and no costume, the box drop mostly only those basic craps. Imma cancelling my prem subscription, this is not a proper way to treat the players. They might think "Hey I already got your $$ so who cares about you" so I wont care about them either.

2 hours ago, Shukran said:

yeah because a bad outfit in RNG box is a first world problem for this game.

No, not at all. However...continuously pissing people off is. Cause you know, this game doesnt need even emptier servers.

Besides, whats the point of getting costumes cheaper or otherwise and costume whoring, if theres no one around to see it?

6 hours ago, studioMagicalFox said:

I also noticed that in the earlier thread discussing the new outfit rotation that 'Rough Customer' was the most commented on of all the costumes. Someone even posted something to the effect of 'better not talk it up to much or NCS will put it into a RNG box. And then it happened. It is probably just a coincidence but who knows.

I'm just curious. As far as these boxes go does anyone have a 'rough' idea of what kind of % chance there is for the outfit to drop based on previous RNG boxes? Given that anyone buying these are doing so for the outfit, and that NCS knows this, what kind of drop rate do you think they anticipate the buyers will tolerate? 

Also, say someone bought a ten pack of the boxes and did not get the outfit. What is the chance that the items they did get would equal or exceed the value of the NCoin that was spent?

I can't tell you the percentages, but I can tell you, it took me 17 boxes to get it, but I also decided that I liked the other items in the boxes enough, that I'd risk up to 30 tries (I didn't need to buy another 10 obviously) and I only decided I'd risk it because I had those coins sitting around for weeks.

I don't see how people get mad, because they didn't get the outfit in X amount of boxes. There's no gurantee you will get outfit, if you purchase the 50 bundle etc. etc. That's no reason to rage over the game. The moment you buy the box, you tell yourself "I will risk opening 50 boxes, while leaving empty handed without X item". Otherwise, don't buy those boxes.

43 minutes ago, Azumizan said:

I don't see how people get mad, because they didn't get the outfit in X amount of boxes. There's no gurantee you will get outfit, if you purchase the 50 bundle etc. etc. That's no reason to rage over the game. The moment you buy the box, you tell yourself "I will risk opening 50 boxes, while leaving empty handed without X item". Otherwise, don't buy those boxes.

Thats the thing. People arent mad cause theyre not getting it due to RNG. Theyre mad cause theyre forced to gamble for it cause its hidden behind RNG in the first place.

Im willing to bet NC would make twice as much money selling it on a regular rotation, than trying to scam people into gambling their money away in an attempt to get a costume with a 1% chance of dropping.

Its a nickle and dime scheme and frankly it sucks.

Funny thing is, I bet the only reason this costume was hidden behind an RNG wall to begin with was cause NCWest scans social media to see which costumes are most talked about and anticipated. Then chooses those costumes to try and trick people into paying more for them

Same thing happened with Spring Breeze. Ironically, as popular as Spring Breeze is, we were then supposed to believe that a costume as popular as Spring Breeze didnt somehow get voted into the last Players Choice vote?

Yeah right NCSoft. Nice try.

3 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Funny thing is, I bet the only reason this costume was hidden behind an RNG wall to begin with was cause NCWest scans social media to see which costumes are most talked about and anticipated. Then chooses those costumes to try and trick people into paying more for them

Same thing happened with Spring Breeze. Ironically, as popular as Spring Breeze is, we were then supposed to believe that a costume as popular as Spring Breeze didnt somehow get voted into the last Players Choice vote?

Yeah right NCSoft. Nice try.

I'm sure they are not guessing but has solid marketing behind this. It must be working otherwise they would put it in regular rotation.

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

2 days, 20 boxes with hongmoon coins and I got the outfit! When you calculate the cost it was around 1200 HMcoins which is exactly similar to usual outfit prices not to mention I got extra items also! ^^ I'm so happy with my luck.

I got a few spare coins before, so I decided to buy like 12 boxes to check my luck. Then would bought once per day as a replacement of Windrest pouch.

Got in at 10th box.

Client%202016-09-29%2023-34-21-15%20010_

I'm so done with the event, lol.

Did my Dailies to earn 20g then sold it at exchange currency then tried my luck on this trap box and got it on my 2nd day (7th box)

Edit: I hate this kind of event.. I didnt get the Spring Breeze outfit from the previous one, even voted for it during the players' choice event too. They wanted money fast.

1 hour ago, Lexter said:

Is funny how you are so mad and still buying rng boxes. Only three words. Your fault crictets.

It's funny, how people complain about the price of gas, yet keep buying it.  Or about the price of air travel, yet keep flying.  Or about the price of *name something*.

We knew RNG boxes where coming to BnS from day 1.  They can't release the outfits in those boxes to soon, onto the market (without a gimmick anyways...like player voting), without people going "Oh, I can wait two months, then it will be on the market."

My guess is, they do make more money with the RNG box for outfits than selling them out right, because that's why it's in the RNG box, though, I do think that info may be a bit biased, in so much as, they could be comparing a crap outfit no one wants (people just aren't buying them directly off the market) to a great outfit everyone wants (everyone wanted this outfit here that was in the RNG box).

Now, you might say "That's non-sense."  but having worked for a few big companies, I can tell you, dumb stuff happens.

2 hours ago, Draelth said:

People at this topic complain but at the same time they buy those boxes. Yeah, you won't get rid of RNG costumes any time soon.

1 hour ago, Prototypemind said:

It is pretty fun to see half of the complainers having spend stupid amounts of money on the boxes. That doesn't really send a strong message against NCSoft selling them.

1 hour ago, Lexter said:

Is funny how you are so mad and still buying rng boxes. Only three words. Your fault crictets.

Which is why NCSoft couldnt give two cricket squirts what you, I, or anyone else thinks of their methods. They prey on the consistent stupidity of the average consumer. Which pays. If I were them, Id do the same. It works.

After all:

"Theres a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

17 minutes ago, Brand X said:

It's funny, how people complain about the price of gas, yet keep buying it.  Or about the price of air travel, yet keep flying.  Or about the price of *name something*.

best argumentation ever

you are the real MVP!!!

sarcasm off

Archived