Desolate tomb question about '3'

Natello

Hi guys, 

I've tried the desolate tomb today for a few runs and I'm still a bit confused about the last boss.

So people assigned me to be the '3'. Now I understand that the '3' has to share the lightning buff with the marker and tank on some occasions, but what if there are only two man needed in a phase? What should I do? Where should I stand? Do I need to absorb a lightning ball? Do I stand behind or beside the boss? People told me my positioning was way off.

This is 6 man btw. Thank you for your time.

4 minutes ago, Natello said:

Hi guys, 

I've tried the desolate tomb today for a few runs and I'm still a bit confused about the last boss.

So people assigned me to be the '3'. Now I understand that the '3' has to share the lightning buff with the marker and tank on some occasions, but what if there are only two man needed in a phase? What should I do? Where should I stand? Do I need to absorb a lightning ball? Do I stand behind or beside the boss? People told me my positioning was way off.

This is 6 man btw. Thank you for your time.

During the 2 person chain, it's best to stand on the opposite side of where the marker is. The reason is that the lightning balls will move towards the marker. So if you're on the opposite side, there's no way you'd get the balls or the chain lightning. It also makes everyone's life easier if the marker is able to make the boss face one direction always.

If you're doing 6p mechanics, there will be 2 people assigned to just grabbing all the lightning balls on every phase. If you're doing 4p mechanics, the person who's sharing the chain lightning with the marker has to grab the balls. In a 2p chain, the marker and the other 2 grabs them. In a 3p chain, the two 3's grab them and the marker doesn't.

Here's a really nice guide posted on reddit by Atoll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/52ohg1/guide_lord_of_flames_desolate_tomb/

5 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

During the 2 person chain, it's best to stand on the opposite side of where the marker is. It makes everyone's life easier if the marker is able to make the boss face one direction always.

If you're doing 6p mechanics, there will be 2 people assigned to just grabbing all the lightning balls on every phase. If you're doing 4p mechanics, the person who's sharing the chain lightning with the marker has to grab the balls. In a 2p chain, the marker and the other 2 grabs them. In a 3p chain, the two 3's grab them and the marker doesn't.

Here's a really nice guide posted on reddit by Atoll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/52ohg1/guide_lord_of_flames_desolate_tomb/

Ty for your reply.

So in 6 man, the '3' doesn't have to absorb a lightning ball right? He just stands behind the boss when there are only two people needed?

What about the two people who are assigned to absorb the balls? Do they need to do something besides absorbing the balls?

1 hour ago, Natello said:

Ty for your reply.

So in 6 man, the '3' doesn't have to absorb a lightning ball right? He just stands behind the boss when there are only two people needed?

What about the two people who are assigned to absorb the balls? Do they need to do something besides absorbing the balls?

'3's don't touch the lightning balls assuming the ball takers are doing their job. It is, however, safer to play the 4-man role in the 6-man role, that is the 3s take the lightning balls, in case the ball takers fail to do their role. If the balls are left unchecked, they will kill the marker, and then everyone has to scramble for a replacement or in a 4-man party its a wipe.

All the ball takers need to do is stand to the 9 and 3 o'clock positions of the boss and facetank the balls, then go behind the boss and butt stab him.

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

'3's don't touch the lightning balls assuming the ball takers are doing their job. It is, however, safer to play the 4-man role in the 6-man role, that is the 3s take the lightning balls, in case the ball takers fail to do their role. If the balls are left unchecked, they will kill the marker, and then everyone has to scramble for a replacement or in a 4-man party its a wipe.

All the ball takers need to do is stand to the 9 and 3 o'clock positions of the boss and facetank the balls, then go behind the boss and butt stab him.

That means in the 6men mode, just to be safe, the lightning ball takers would take turn while the chain lightning will be taken care of by the tank and the marker?

Sorry, if that is a noob question but I just want to understand it correctly :)

54 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

That means in the 6men mode, just to be safe, the lightning ball takers would take turn while the chain lightning will be taken care of by the tank and the marker?

Sorry, if that is a noob question but I just want to understand it correctly :)

Yes. Only marker, 2, and 3 takes chain lightning, otherwise they butt stab the boss when they're not assigned to take chain lightning. Lightning Ball takers just eat balls and butt stab the boss.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

Yes. Only marker, 2, and 3 takes chain lightning, otherwise they butt stab the boss when they're not assigned to take chain lightning. Lightning Ball takers just eat balls and butt stab the boss.

So everyone except the people who share the lightning in front of the boss stand have to stand behind the boss? (after taking the lightning balls of course.)

Everyone who isnt taking balls and share lightning should stay behind the boss. Most groups do 4 man mode even with 6 people so 2 people do nothing but dps.

To sum it up for role "3":

6 man mode: share lightning with the marker on phases 2,4,6,8; dont take any balls

4 man mode: take the balls on phases 2,4,8 (6 is the last phase of 60% special phase and there are no balls) and share the lightning with the marker (also on phase 6)

15 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Ah ok, so at least that confirm my job :) I was assigned as the Marker in the last run and I was wondering why I got zapped to death twice...

Archived