Make SF antidote a requirement for queuing for Sogun

Susumimi

Wall dash is a requirement for BSH, while gliding is a requirement for BSC, the same logic should apply for Sogun, SF antidote should be a requirement, without this in your inventory (not stash) you will not be able to x-server for Sogun.

Before you start arguing, I admit sometimes I run out of antidote and forget to restock as well, everyone does this, there is nothing wrong with it because you can't see your inventory in x-server lobby. The only purpose this would serve is a reminder that you need to restock before you join a party. There's no harm is there? Win-win situation, no one's time is wasted on Asura fight if 5 out of 6 people in the party forget to bring antidote, then you literally just spent half an hour trekking through the place for absolutely nothing.

Yes I know you can ask everyone to "link their antidote", but what about LFG? Also most leaders don't ask people link antidote to start with. You might also say "just because you have antidote in inventory, doesn't mean you're gonna use it", well there's nothing you can do against trolls. Also, like mentioned before if this was put in place, all it does is serve as a reminder for people who genuinely forgot to restock and aren't stingy trolls too cheap to use an antidote.

Well, the devs and the game designers are laughably bad (they aren't paid well plus constant high turnovers). The antidotes should be purchasable inside the dungeon. And the party should be allowed to kick a scrub or bot out. I doubt the company will do anything major because they are operating at low budget.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I nearly never use antidotes because i dont have to. With a proper spec i can easily heal more than i loose from the poison debuff .-.

Just because you can doesn't mean everyone can. Not every person has also Aw Oathbreaker belt which resists brand so the heals are super minor compared to those people. Scorpio belt and Imperial Wine doesn't resist but reduces which doesn't really do much. Also if you don't have antidotes, go to 4-man it's sure someone else has to have them to be able to take 2 or more life blooms unless you can heal enough to heal 2-3 bloom stacks. It's not about can you survive, it's about can the party survive and do it and having antidotes is also respecting the party.

14 minutes ago, Sonozaki said:

I have not seen a single flower phase in 4-man for about 2 months. And if they spawn i can take 2 of them without antidot.

So having this as a set requirement would be kind of stupid. However, i'm almost never doing any PUGs, only premade.

And I assume your party's average AP is closer to 700 AP? You need to remember this is also about those 6-man pugs that possibly have 450s in.

Yeah a reminder would be nice, don't really want them to make it mandatory ... if they do this they should give us the option to buy the antidote from the merchant or inside the dung/ect. 

I always forgot to bring or buy antidote, so I end up tanking like 2-5 flowers with pots and general healing via skills throughout the entire fight so I don't be "that guy"

16 hours ago, ancillary said:

Instead of checking antidotes, they should make it so that antidotes are not required for this dungeon.

11 hours ago, Solidarius said:

if they do this they should give us the option to buy the antidote from the merchant or inside the dung/ect. 

I always forgot to bring or buy antidote, so I end up tanking like 2-5 flowers with pots and general healing via skills throughout the entire fight so I don't be "that guy"

7 hours ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

It would be better if they sold those at the cross server vendor.

So, make Silver Cauldron useless and the dungeon completely faceroll-able right?

The very least they could do is just make Marketplace available in Cross-Server, given that Marketplace is already region-wide.

15 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

yeah that is a better idea.

Yeah well then goodbye cheap drops in a dungeon. And i do not want to know how many players stay and do bargain-hunting while in a dungeon. This will only cost time.

And btw the problem is not only the AH - even if you could buy the antidote - atm you cannot open your mailbox in a dungeon... So you bought it but can't get it anyway...

"I don't need antidotes, I could heal/lifesteal/blablabla"

Good for you. 90% of 500AP's don't have oathbreaker belt, argument invalid. It won't cost you an arm and leg to spend 14silver to buy 1 antidote and keep it in inventory if you're so pro at your gears. That "if I can do it, then others should be able to as well" classic.

"Putting marketplace in x-server"

While this might work, it won't happen. You're gonna end up with way longer runs with people wasting time browsing marketplace instead of actually doing dungeon.

"Give Asura some toilet paper so he doesn't poop all over the place and you gotta clean it up"

Yeah everyone would love this but obviously it won't happen. I can see it already, NCS claiming this "mechanic" (if it can even be called that, just some lazy designer's attempt at making something that appears different but really isn't) is intended as a gold sink, same as repair hammers. Lol. Yeah right I'm sure economy will totally balance if everyone spends 50silver a day on antidotes and another 10silver a day on repair hammers.

The key here is the antidote is not optional, it's mandatory. No one in PUGs will know if you can lifesteal/heal through the poison, or if you're even gonna help clear it. This requirement of having at least 1 antidote in inventory at least gives SOME assurance of reliability.

On 27/9/2016 at 8:03 AM, Grimoir said:

I nearly never use antidotes because i dont have to. With a proper spec i can easily heal more than i loose from the poison debuff .-.

even if i do the same, u should think about average player, which is bad, which barely take flowers, which probably can even fail counters on balls.

It doesn't need to be mandatory.  If a person dies to poison, they're likely to die from other mechanics of the fight.  Obviously it would help if everyone did have antidotes but it's not necessary for every person.  If a 700+ ap person can face tank 3-4 flowers and not die, why force that person to buy antidotes?  There's no perfect solution to this but it shouldn't be mandatory since it's mainly a pug issue.

On 9/28/2016 at 0:20 PM, mrpeeng said:

It doesn't need to be mandatory.  If a person dies to poison, they're likely to die from other mechanics of the fight.  Obviously it would help if everyone did have antidotes but it's not necessary for every person.  If a 700+ ap person can face tank 3-4 flowers and not die, why force that person to buy antidotes?  There's no perfect solution to this but it shouldn't be mandatory since it's mainly a pug issue.

I agree with you

Thats the sad truth, out of 6 people, only 1-2 people really needs to do the "flowers" and pop the antidote... if your group is exp you don't even need the antidote, that is why I think they created the dung and did not make the "antidote" mandatory like ivory dragon scale..... because its not "required" to  start/finish the dung it just helps you finish the last boss smoother and easier. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.9.2016 at 1:15 PM, Lunakitty said:

And I assume your party's average AP is closer to 700 AP? You need to remember this is also about those 6-man pugs that possibly have 450s in.

I won't deny we are running an average of 740 in our 4man party. But that's not the point.

The point is, since people like us are running via F8 as well, those requirements would suck for us. I don't want to waste my inventory space for a (in my case useless) antidote.

You always have to keep in mind both sides, which are in this case low AP pug vs. high AP pre-made.

1 hour ago, Sonozaki said:

I don't want to waste my inventory space for a (in my case useless) antidote.

Do you honestly want to tell us that your inventory doesnt have space for an item what is not neccessary but highly recommended for that dungeon because it is full of other stuff you really need? I highly doubt that.

Make having an antidot as requirement would not change anything. People who dont want to spend money on them simply take 1 with them and dont use them even when they die. There is no use, you have to carry such people.

6 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Do you honestly want to tell us that your inventory doesnt have space for an item what is not neccessary but highly recommended for that dungeon because it is full of other stuff you really need? I highly doubt that.

Make having an antidot as requirement would not change anything. People who dont want to spend money on them simply take 1 with them and dont use them even when they die. There is no use, you have to carry such people.

It's not about space, it's about carrying an item around for all eternity which i don't ever need.

Would you like to carry aound a grey lvl 1 item just because you need it to enter some dungeon?

In this sense, having a vendor in the dungeon who sells the antidotes would be the better solution.

Maybe only avaiable when going via F8 so pre-mades going via Zaiwei would still have to buy them of other players.

On 17.10.2016 at 2:21 PM, Sonozaki said:

I won't deny we are running an average of 740 in our 4man party. But that's not the point.

The point is, since people like us are running via F8 as well, those requirements would suck for us. I don't want to waste my inventory space for a (in my case useless) antidote.

You always have to keep in mind both sides, which are in this case low AP pug vs. high AP pre-made.

So you are telling me that you can actually take up to 3-4 blooms and have enough to survive it? I find that really hard to believe unless you are the type who never takes more than 1 and expects others to carry antidotes so they can take more than 1. The effect of 1 bloom is harsh enough so I have really really hard time believing someone could take more than 1 if they don't have antidote.

You have to keep in mind that he is running a group with average 740 ap. So no flowers before 70% and no before 50%. And after that not that many you have to take at once. It's absolutely possible to take 1 and that's it. He is not alone. There are 3 more people there. Depending on the class you can take more than 1 without antidot anyway without dying. Many people in F8 ignore them that's why you have to take 2 or more. Then you need the antidot for sure.

Archived