Devs Took Everything

Evasion Europe

Unlike other classes Soul Fighter is now useless on supporting role, healing skill is kinda just for view. Every class can support even BM.
There is no parties that looking for SF for any reason. But for other classes the roles are more important:

Grabs, healing, blue buff, shields, stealth, taxi and tanking

HM skills not even worth, just two of them that is not available yet. You gonna farm the most expensive HM skill for your class and yeah u not even gonna use it. Golden dragons is not even possible to stack with earth build unless u gonna use macros. Before people start saying hey use ice build thn or its easy to stack 3 golden dragons in mushin's tower training dolls. In actual combat u must dodge u must move u must do a lot things is not that simple. And like really after u gonna do all this u gonna go to the next level, dodge change form be super sayan 4 to stack them with earth build just to get one more useless additional healing for your p.members.

How i'm suppose to counter enemies skills to support my team with just 1 sec cd (wow very useful) on them by using Elbow smash when my LMB makes more dmg on hiting from behind, (makes no sense)  also there is always tank is not even possible to do something within 15 seconds,. Elbow smash HM is kinda broken too i don't even see any cd on my chi burst after counter the enemy.
Windstorm is broken also sometimes from 3 seconds goes to 1 on stage 5 Chi. The skill is buggy fix it at least.

Lets just change Soul Fighter class name to Potion Fighter. Thanks Dev keep going <3
Poor class just destroyed from devs.

i agree, i made a SF when they came out thinking "sweet finally a reason to come back to the game" but since they changed other classes to do what we can do in terms of support (no one wants me in shattered masts unless it is a guild run and even then barely useful).  I find it really hard to pvp against anything that isnt another soul fighter this class is just underwhelming now and till we see some changes im having hardly any fun, i pretty much wanna do my dailies and then logout because it is too annoying to get anything done because im not strong enough, or class isnt good enough it's just ridiculous.

I have to completely agree on this, the golden dragon "buff" feels more like a nerf with a nasty handicap stuck onto it almost out of spite. It turned what was one of the SF's most useful skills and made it nearly useless. I have both a summoner and SF at the same level and relatively the same gear(give or take a little) and the SF heal feels overshadowed by the new summoner heal they can spec into. Also, like it was said golden dragon is almost impossible to pull off a full three stacks on mechanic heavy bosses even with an ice build. On paper it seems like a nice buff, but in practice its a terrible idea and I almost think whoever decided on the change either doesn't like SF or has never played one.

I guess on the bright side, on SF we don't really need to get the offals for the Hongmoon chi burst now, since the changes made it pretty much useless and a waste of skill points to spec. Hopefully though they might change it back or at least rework the golden dragon effect to be more usable, like maybe making the stacks of it last as long as your in combat and consume them when you use a skill that is buffed by it when your at 3 stacks or something like that.

Soul fighters are the weakest of all the classes and not terribly good in a straight up PvP fight.  the Heal is the only decent thing they have as far as party play go but the Resurrection aspect is a joke in dungeon play 10minute recharge ..... what a joke ..... useless in a fast moving group or an average group.  you usually use it against the bosses once and that's it game over if people in the group die more than once. The constant switching and the ice range skills constantly switching back to melee messes things up..... use Tab to break stun or whatever and you're right back to melee mode from ice or you don't use it while moving or dodging it can switch right back to melee .... Stun is not effective at all against Bosses while other classes have options SFs options are limited if non-existent.

23 hours ago, Fynn58 said:

Soul fighters are the weakest of all the classes and not terribly good in a straight up PvP fight.  the Heal is the only decent thing they have as far as party play go but the Resurrection aspect is a joke in dungeon play 10minute recharge ..... what a joke ..... useless in a fast moving group or an average group.  you usually use it against the bosses once and that's it game over if people in the group die more than once. The constant switching and the ice range skills constantly switching back to melee messes things up..... use Tab to break stun or whatever and you're right back to melee mode from ice or you don't use it while moving or dodging it can switch right back to melee .... Stun is not effective at all against Bosses while other classes have options SFs options are limited if non-existent.

I need some more information on that "Tab puts you to melee" because that has never happened once for me. Tab has a melee version and a ranged version, it will use one or the other depending on your stance. Also ranged form only ever resets back to melee if you fall out of combat, though I will admit there might be a bug that throws you out of ranged, since that has happened to me a few times, rarely though.

I don't understand how switching back and forth messes everything up. The highlight of the class is the fact that you can be at both ranged and melee (and Dragonfist, but that's not the point here), if you can't utilize the ability then maybe Soul Fighter isn't the class for you. Perhaps the Force Master or the Kung-fu Master? I personally have no problems with it and rather enjoy the uses of being able to go in both stances anytime I want.

2 hours ago, Nuruo said:

I need some more information on that "Tab puts you to melee" because that has never happened once for me. Tab has a melee version and a ranged version, it will use one or the other depending on your stance. Also ranged form only ever resets back to melee if you fall out of combat, though I will admit there might be a bug that throws you out of ranged, since that has happened to me a few times, rarely though.

I don't understand how switching back and forth messes everything up. The highlight of the class is the fact that you can be at both ranged and melee (and Dragonfist, but that's not the point here), if you can't utilize the ability then maybe Soul Fighter isn't the class for you. Perhaps the Force Master or the Kung-fu Master? I personally have no problems with it and rather enjoy the uses of being able to go in both stances anytime I want.

sometimes I think these guys picked the wrong class to play as well.

if they just give sf aggro buff we d be fine.

or give our critbuff a speccable Party Version ( blue buff or soulburn like)

or reduce the grp rezz cd to 5 or even 3 min...

only good thing atm bout sf is decent dps and that sf basicly never dies except to insta kill/wipe mechanics... But thats hardly worth taking a sf to 4 mans. Since grab patch sf has lowest Party support of all classes :-( really hope they give us some utility or fm/sum like dps ( both classes with More utility then us...)

• 1 month later...

well how about

Golden dragon is now a state available when Qi master and/or Party have full Qi respectively.

chi burst A (30s duration, 30s cd)
20% self burst heal
40% party burst heal, party healing  elevates threat level equal to the summoner cat for 30s
Reduces cooldown of all counters to 1s for duration of elevated threat

chi burst B (30s duration, 60s cd)
double Qi cost of all skills
Restore 1 Qi to all party members per Qi master attack
Defense x 500%
Restore 1% hp to self per your attack

Focus chi stage 1
Golden dragon state required for tier 4 on activation otherwise default to tier 3.

Focus chi stage 2
Same as stage 1  but applies to party @ 25% reduction to all.

Recovers 15 focus over 15 sec
Increases critical hit chance by 15%
Increases critical hit damage by 15%
Increases movement speed by 30%
Increases critical hit damage by an additional 20% when used while at Golden dragon state

And when we have to pvp you just go back to the PRE "healing over time" patch where he had BURST healing and everyone is happy.
If NCsoft does this verbatim I'd say Soul fighter would be great even if they dont offer the same level of raw DPS as top tier classes.

14 hours ago, Leodore said:

SF being the worst class? lol, this is a joke thread right? XD 

:: slaps my knees in laughter ::

this is a good joke, kudos to you ^_^

I needed a good laugh after today's server problems <3

I hear aside from destroyer they're not that special in pve parties.
Destroyers, and Blade dancers have grabs and party iframes to compliment the fight.
FM also has those i frames alongside lovely dps
BM's have HM block, and currently highest dps?
KFM's and Sin crit buffs
WL has SB
Summoner's have a 60% party heal, stealth,  cc and pet taunt for shifting aggro
SF have a 40% party heal with +200% def for 5s and chi restore

with LMB on grab dps from destroyers and LBM and destroyer being stated as the only class SF outdamages in NA ... then yes the take away would be that they're arguably the worst in party class for pve.

Archived