Faction Balance ideas/24man

StingKun

NcSoft can we please get some sort of faction balance soon? The faction balance in EU Group 1 got way out of control. The Legion is outnumbering the Order by a approx ratio from 1 to 15. Its not fun seeing Legion-members killing lowbies in misty woods or grabbing them from the respawn tend and throwing them down to get their daily kill quest done. I am someone who is very loyal to my faction and I could never switch to the other side. I also like this whole idea behind two faction people are free to choose, but yea faction balance really needs to get done....

My idea would be to make : for example) add a new ssp channel which you can only join in a 24man pt (24man pts will be added soon,alrdy in Kr/tw/ch clients.). You need to gather 24 Ceruleans and 24 crimsons, and instead of capturing konta or the other guy to get the mining phase to start you need to defead the other faction in order to claim that channel for your faction! Upon claiming the faction which won will only be able to switch to that ch and the channel will be claimed for 24hours. I think this will be a good idea because honestly we NEED some kind of balance asap,new faction content will be added in the future and it would suck if one side can only benefit from that. Ps pls dont say : just change factions! I invested too much money on my clan and I really love the Order and everyone else in their servers "underdog" faction might understand this.

Edit : It would also help if the Crimson/Cerulean Intel quest drops from the Warriors/Colonels. This and killing Tend-Boss are the only way to get soulstones for the non-dominating faction...

Yeah well nice idea but you missing the basic problem. I mean why are all ppl in one faction? It is because the SSP-OWPvP is not rlly PvP it is only a PvE area with the slim chance that you will be disturbed while farming. And the basic problem is - that besides one single quest (killing the mining of the other faction and then killing this axe-man that will appear) that is bugged (only one player - not even the grp - can finish it) there are 0 rewards in place for doing PvP. So why exactly should ppl do it - you get nothing if you deny the other faction anything and most likely will also have nothing because as revenge they will deny you. If i compare our server with the one we merged with (Bambusdorf - Frostgipfel) the guys from "Frostgipfel" are that much richer because they were on a server with 6 SSP channels that belonged to one single faction while our server was more or less equal. 

However if there would be any rewards - preferably good ones - the factions would be more or less equally balanced and everyone is happy.

And yes even if it is not fun - changing faction is the option to go with. My clan also left behind a LvL15-clan on the other faction. And a 24-man ch would also not improve the situation because that only generates a undisturbed pve-area. So you also could say there are at least 2 ch one blue and one red...

People farm SSP over Mushin's Tower because that's what they see other people do, is easier to learn, and is easier to do with lower gear because of other people.

On my server there's a few really good and alive clans in the minority faction and I have friends, but faction chat is depressing. Nearly everyday you see new players see how dead the game looks, people leaving the game, and about how clans are dying or can't recruit. I'm geared enough to farm soulstones, keys, and once 'n a rare while a moonstone from SSP. Most people aren't though and you need to be really thick-skinned to deal with the mobs. I'd rather die from a more geared or skilled player than just raw numbers, but it's where blues sit in the minority base and do side quests while mining foes spawn.

Ideally there would be a 24-man area that required both faction where there would be PvE and PvP goals. Guild Wars had that with Altrumm Ruins and Amatz Basin where it was 8v8. It would mean two factions would have to exist. They could also remove gold site spam faction chat with alliance chat, but that would be a long term way to stop spam and make it more about a group of clans than which side is more alive.

NCwest has did a fair job at introducing stuff early, making compromises, and doing some stuff based on feedback. People have friends and clans they're sticking with, so tell someone to just switch isn't realistic. There will be people that won't and will never.

Could make SSP more PvP focused by introducing PvP rewards, but not kill-trade like misty. It would be easier than the above suggestion, though.

Archived