Returning player with 250+ ping

Loy

I play as Blade Master with a 400 ms ping but no, I suggest going for a Summoner instead.

If you do PvP, BMs are very ping reliant.

PvE isn't too much of a hassle with high ping but to fully enjoy the gameplay with high ping, Summoner is best as it's not as punishing.

+1 for sum... but me as summoner having a good ping vs bad ping sum is like having extra 100ap.... lol I've partied up with 3 sum with 600+ap and I'm at 520ish ap at that time but 1 got the agro and 1 in dps... and i ask about thier ping and it was on 200+... and that explain why I over dps them...

9 minutes ago, KzE said:

Why you guys dont play on TW or JP server?

There are more english speakers than Mandarin or Japanese speaker in SEA.

Language barrier is the only thing that barred me from playing Chinese or TW server. and i heard japanese server has IP block. To penetrate that meaning proxy and proxy add ping. So i would face both language and ping at same time.

NA server, well i only have ping to worry about.

If OP is anything like me, he probably is more comfortable with an English speaking community as opposed to a predominantly or entirely Chinese or Japanese speaking one.  Yes there are English patches this and that but for me even seeing Chinese characters tilts me hardcore.  Even Chinese characters in a player's name triggers me.  Despite myself being Chinese I hate the language so much taking the hit in latency is worth it over the PTSD I would get from playing in TW.  My ping as an FM is also in the high 200s when it's good and usually past 300.  You can still do alright and save your party when you need to but you need to know exactly when the hit is going to occur because your reflex isn't going to cut it due to latency.  DPS wise people will shit talk you and stuff but just ignore them and know that you did the best your ping allows and carry on.  I'm doing fine (except for ToI...nightmare...)

5 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

There are more english speakers than Mandarin or Japanese speaker in SEA.

Language barrier is the only thing that barred me from playing Chinese or TW server. and i heard japanese server has IP block. To penetrate that meaning proxy and proxy add ping. So i would face both language and ping at same time.

NA server, well i only have ping to worry about.

A lot of ppl played CH server with translated game. If i am close to TW, never ever install EN version.

1. Na/Eu worst version again

2. super toxic community

3. i am from EU and still need VPN to play EU because of potato server

Yes i can talk to ppl, the answers are like : silence..., stfu, noob, gtfo, etc...

Just now, KzE said:

A lot of ppl played CH server with translated game. If i am close to TW, never ever install EN version.

1. Na/Eu worst version again

2. super toxic community

3. i am from EU and still need VPN to play EU because of potato server

Yes i can talk to ppl, the answers are like : silence..., stfu, noob, gtfo, etc...

At least in here we have people which can understand. can coordinate and do some evaluation when wipe occurs.

If i play TW or CH Version i would expect that there would be problem when time comes to run full mechanics dungeon where people really need to coordinate. 

Silence is scary and i seen it too here BUT i expect more people can understand what i said.

If i play Taiwan or Chinese version.. coordination become problematic for me as i can't into mandarin Thus cannot hold Normal conversation with party member or general public. 

I take social side of online game highly, and the way i want to achieve that is actually make friends, swap stories, coordinating and not limit myself to my countrymen or some specific community.  

My main is Sin and I play FM too with stupid high ping usually 350-400. I can party save with either about 90% of the time. My DPS, for my gear(750ap), is total shit, roughly 13k. With my ping all 4 man's are out, after the epeen meter was added, ToI is a bust above floor 20, Naksun is completely undoable, DT I won't even bother trying, and I can rarely iFrame anything(by the time I see the damage indicator on the floor the mob has already pushed the damage to the server and I eat it). The only reason I still play is I am moving in about 3 months back to the States so hopefully my ping will improve, if not I will quit then.

I have done a lot of testing and can confirm that with my ping and gear I am playing at about what a player with 500-550ap has.

2 hours ago, Kounat said:

Why is your ping so awful if you don't mind me asking?

yeah mine is 300+ at all times from Australia, this game would be so much more enjoyable if i could play with a decent ping, as i cant do arena at all, i cant do 6v6 well, i cant do ToI well, and while i can do mechs in dungeons, my dps is abysmal, i can barely hit 10k as a destro

50 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

My main is Sin and I play FM too with stupid high ping usually 350-400. I can party save with either about 90% of the time. My DPS, for my gear(750ap), is total shit, roughly 13k. With my ping all 4 man's are out, after the epeen meter was added, ToI is a bust above floor 20, Naksun is completely undoable, DT I won't even bother trying, and I can rarely iFrame anything(by the time I see the damage indicator on the floor the mob has already pushed the damage to the server and I eat it). The only reason I still play is I am moving in about 3 months back to the States so hopefully my ping will improve, if not I will quit then.

I have done a lot of testing and can confirm that with my ping and gear I am playing at about what a player with 500-550ap has.

Ugh, i feel your pain so much dude, i am at 689 ap right but my bd clannie with 200ap less than me can out dps me in Mushin's tower, I cant even beat 14f in mushin's tower cuz my dps is too low, floor 27 in ToI is as high as i can go, making 6v6 just horrific for me and dungeons are so much harder for me as i need to memorize the mechanics and timers so that i can iframe in advance of the attack. If my japanese or chinese was better i would just play on JP or TW, but right now NA is the best i can do

At least in my server, there are quite a lot of SEA clans and players around, so having mediocre ping isn't really a deal-breaker if you're thinking of coming back. What made me stay is my friends and clan mates, kinda compensates for this ugly ping I'm having. I main a BD with 280-350 ping on average (with Pingzapper), even though I wish I could do better but so far I think I'm doing just fine. If you prefer melee, I can suggest BD, from my personal experience

11 minutes ago, Kiddou said:

At least in my server, there are quite a lot of SEA clans and players around, so having mediocre ping isn't really a deal-breaker if you're thinking of coming back. What made me stay is my friends and clan mates, kinda compensates for this ugly ping I'm having. I main a BD with 280-350 ping on average (with Pingzapper), even though I wish I could do better but so far I think I'm doing just fine. If you prefer melee, I can suggest BD, from my personal experience

which server?

250ping is perfectly normal for this game's shitty servers.

I live in Canada, the country closest to where NA servers are, yet I suffer through 400+ ping every single night due to higher player traffic. My normal ping is ~150, which is pretty pathetic for a MMO in 2016 to start with but at least playable. Have you ever heard of a single MMO in 2016 where you get 400 ping daily, in a country so near the servers?? I highly doubt it.

All the $ probably went to brainstorming more RNG bullshit or pay2win "events" that has extra large serving of RNG bullshit.

I play a warlock and i normally sit on 350+ ping depending on the time of day. I have 680 ap and i can quite  comfortably do  all dungeons on 4man i mean my dps is low compares to other warlocks with same gear i normally average around 12k depending on the fight but this is enough to do dungeons on 4man (i have had people complain about me on the dps meter but if the boss is dead who cares). Iframing can be difficult but once you have the mechanics down pat you can easily predict what the boss is going to do just iframe earlier than what most players would to compensate for your ping. ping is only a major problem if your melee as you need to iframe a lot more using much lower duration iframe abilities. as for pvp its true high ping ruins you. but you can still do 6v6 easily i mean i just normally take the defensive role and stay defending bases even with high ping i can normally keep myself alive long enough for my team mates to show up and help defend. i still do 1v1 and 3v3 granted i am only silver but its still fun. you can still do tower of infinity ive got to floor 37 but i know warlocks with same gear sitting at floor 50-60. ive can reach naksun without a problem but i have not killed him but i think this is more because i have no put the time in to try and learn the mechanics i normally stop after the iron juggernaut.

all high ping does is limit you on how far you can get in the competitive scene which if this is what you are playing for probably should find another game. i mean ive seen top pvpers in the game complain about having 80 ping being too high.

My entire clan is from SEA and we all have the same issue. I stopped doing ToI(i get the 2 free tickets a day so when I get to some good net I can stay in there for hours) because my Sin has 2k crit def after just 2 weeks running ToI/Naksun. I didn't bother doing Naksun since I have all the SS from him I need. I am pretty hard to kill in 6v6 and with the endless AFK cancer in arena I don't do any of it when the 3v3 is on DC. I do have to iFrame way earlier then I should and frequently miss it, which isn't a big deal since I rarely die(if I'm dead all members of the party are already dead).

I play BM with 160-200ms average on a good day. I remember back when lightning build was the meta for BMs ani-cancelling was a pain in the arse.

My dps still subpar even with fire build not that care cuz my job is to tank but I cant even imagine myself on you guys shoes with that ping.

Shame the devs dont give a flying duck bout it.

Archived