Forums

B&S - jumping puzzle shi*. Not FUN at all.

Aerows

I find out I am not qualified for dungeons because I didn't complete the old man cho quests.  The reason is because I would rather bash myself in the face with a cast iron pan than deal with the jumping puzzles.  It made me quit GW2.  I suspect I'll be quitting and canceling my subscription (hey, NCSOFT, you got some cash out of me) because I cannot stand them.  It's not challenging, it's just additional aggravation that you have to learn each one and then jump, meanwhile, you have the hell annoyed out of you.

They aren't fun, and I haven't found a single person that finds them fun, only relief that they got the hang of it but were just as irritated as any *reasonable* person would be.  To top it all off, I was going back doing the godforsaken hell inspired things and the server crashed.

I am pretty sure that someone needs to let me know if this jumping crap is going to get worse as the game progresses, because if it does, I need to cancel my subscription.  It's not healthy to get repeatedly p'od in a game that is supposed to be at the very least recreational.

jumping puzzles? You mean run on wall and do 1 jump is a puzzle for you? (not to mention little rat runs in front of you and you see all the way how to get there). You better don't even enter dungeons which require some mechanics cus that for you will be like final exam...

No, the ones where you have to figure out the angle, precisely jump on some other piece, pray you don't fall then jump again only to miss and waste your time getting back into place, figure out the angle, jump to another object ..

Oh.  I assume you mean Blackram Supply Chain.  Yes, I've run and completed that regularly.  I still hate it.

It adds nothing to game play.

I guess you prefer the type of dungeons that are like Chuanka Frost Cavern: straight to boss with barely any mobs. Sad to tell you but that's not how it works. You need to get used to the dungeon layout and learn how to use your windwalking skills. I guess you are talking about Naryu Labyrinth and yes it can be annoying but so what if you fall. Wait that someone else finishes it and then just use that spawned dragon pulse.

I'm confused, jumping puzzles? Simply jumping and use windwalk at certain points is that hard for you to the point of quitting the game?

If you can't even handle that then you're most likely going to get aggravated from doing dungeons that require boss mechanics.

Not trying to be mean but in all honesty, this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about this.

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

I guess you prefer the type of dungeons that are like Chuanka Frost Cavern: straight to boss with barely any mobs. Sad to tell you but that's not how it works. You need to get used to the dungeon layout and learn how to use your windwalking skills. I guess you are talking about Naryu Labyrinth and yes it can be annoying but so what if you fall. Wait that someone else finishes it and then just use that spawned dragon pulse.

Yeah Naryu Labrinth.  I guess if I suck enough I can wait until everybody has left and practice when it is empty.  I did that for Blackram Supply.  Now it doesn't bother me.

Don't judge - I had to practice to get it down.  I realize everybody but me can just soar right through that stuff, but it isn't all that easy for me.

3 minutes ago, Aerows said:

Yeah Naryu Labrinth.  I guess if I suck enough I can wait until everybody has left and practice when it is empty.  I did that for Blackram Supply.  Now it doesn't bother me.

Practice makes perfect. ^^ Once you have finished the dungeon 10-50 times I am sure you can do that even eyes closed. I have one tip: don't rush. Take your time and make sure you will jump to correct place. Never rush those because there might be also server lag causing you to return to the platform and fall down.

1 hour ago, Aerows said:

No, the ones where you have to figure out the angle, precisely jump on some other piece, pray you don't fall then jump again only to miss and waste your time getting back into place, figure out the angle, jump to another object ..

Oh.  I assume you mean Blackram Supply Chain.  Yes, I've run and completed that regularly.  I still hate it.

It adds nothing to game play.

Never seen a single thing like this anywhere in this game...  There is that 1 quest from Old Man Cho where ya have to jump on the roof on 1 house then the roof of a tower, took a couple try's the rest of his quest are straight run here glide there nothing complicated.

In Naryu Lab all except 1 room are simple glide to x platform then to y platform. There is that 1 room that is a little hard where you have to go to little doorways, it does suck. I just skip all that BS, drop to the bottom take 20 seconds to kill all the trash, then you can just use the dragon pulse to hop up at the end.

But I've never seen or experienced anything like what you describe in BnS.

Want jumping puzzles go play Rift and do some Dendrome Footholds or a few of the zone puzzle achievements. Talk frustrating lol

@Aerows I totally know where you are coming from.  I remember when I first found jumping puzzles in Maple Story I tried those suckers literally hundreds of times before I completed them.  But from all that practising I am now pretty proficient at jump puzzles.  I usually find it is my own impatience that leads to me falling so just take your time.  Good idea to go into Naryu and practice, I can get a lot of jumps in there but then there are others that I seem to hit invisible walls or rubber band on. 

Does make it much easier to do solo though because there is nothing worse than a party watching you falling falling falling........  When we do Naryu if someone falls we auto all jump down and help anyway, sadly though in PUGs everyone is in too much of a hurry.

2 hours ago, Aerows said:

I find out I am not qualified for dungeons because I didn't complete the old man cho quests.  The reason is because I would rather bash myself in the face with a cast iron pan than deal with the jumping puzzles.  It made me quit GW2.  I suspect I'll be quitting and canceling my subscription (hey, NCSOFT, you got some cash out of me) because I cannot stand them.  It's not challenging, it's just additional aggravation that you have to learn each one and then jump, meanwhile, you have the hell annoyed out of you.

They aren't fun, and I haven't found a single person that finds them fun, only relief that they got the hang of it but were just as irritated as any *reasonable* person would be.  To top it all off, I was going back doing the godforsaken hell inspired things and the server crashed.

I am pretty sure that someone needs to let me know if this jumping crap is going to get worse as the game progresses, because if it does, I need to cancel my subscription.  It's not healthy to get repeatedly p'od in a game that is supposed to be at the very least recreational.

You can now say you've found someone who likes jumping puzzles cause I love the jumping puzzles in guildwars 2 and kinda wish we had something like that here.

3 hours ago, Aerows said:

The old man cho quests are there for a reason they are suppose to teach you the basics of jumping and flying before the real hard stuff starts. BTW they do get a bit worse as the game progresses so if you cant handle something simple as climbing a tree or wall, then this might not be the game for you.

Naryu Lab is hard because people rush and fly threw it,  finished the dung in like 5min with a 600+ AP party the other day. The community and most people dont give a fuk about new players so its not your fault in your regard.

my advice is: take your time, and I suggest practicing in the open world instead of dungs, explore the world ... blade and soul world is very beautiful.climb trees, buildings, ect ect mess around XD, 

Here is my personal experience with jumping mechs:

• First time I did BSH, on the first jump platform after the first miniboss, I fell down into the water and everyone laughed at me.

• First time in Naryu Lab, that room where your suppose to find the door, I kept trying to go down and dying, until people started calling me a noob and finally someone had the common sense to show me the right way.

• First time in Nexus I died during the puzzle race to the chest thingy I didn't know that the floor was a fire hell of death.

You are not alone, most of us all failed our first jumps, don't give up so easily it honestly gets easy after a while

p.s. Nexus is my fav dung now and I honestly get upset if I don't win the race to the chests every single run. 

If you will make the Old man Cho quests -you will realise after a while that the jumping things are very easy to do in this game - the quests are training you for that and you have to do them in order to progress in game-yet is nothing complicated once you will follow those quest's line.just make sure you are doing them all. I left WildStar because of insane skills required to move around-it wasn't funny at all-but since here you can practically run over walls/jump/glide -it makes it really very easy.Give it a try -you will like it after a while :) Good Luck!

15 hours ago, Aerows said:

I find out I am not qualified for dungeons because I didn't complete the old man cho quests.  

So, you're having problems with Old man Cho's quests and everyone's telling you that you'll suck as boss mechanics. What?

There's no connection. Cho's Cinder quests are the hardest quests if you have problems correctly launching and hitting the right place. Once you get past the Scorched Sands area, you're good. There's no more of that "examine angle, look for shadow, judge distance, land just perfect" stuff. Maybe you'll have to try a time or two to get to his Misty Woods hiding place, but it's not like the stuff in Cinderhell.  Pseudo-platformer style "jump puzzles" are not a thing in this game.

(tips for Sands: the visual graphics do not line up at all with hitboxes. It's possible to stand on "nothing", if you think you need a lil extra space to sprint. If you have problems getting to the floating outpost near Mirage, go to the other end of the horseshoe. Those jumps are closer. Once you get to the post, you'll have the stride pt open.)

In reality, the whole glide/wall walk system is really just a gimmick. They can be useful running around the open world but that's mostly it.

There are only a few places the abilities are needed:

BSH requires Cho's quests because you have to wall walk out of a few boss rooms. WW is easy and doesn't offer the same problems some have with gliding (glitching, rubber banding mostly). The problem here is when you can't WW because you're stuck in combat. That happens to everybody. PUGs will WW and glide over 2 mazes of trash mobs. An over leveled group can easily just smash through and bug-stomp instead. I recommend practice gliding the mazes unless you're over leveled enough to survive groups of trash mobs. Sometimes ppl get mad if everyone doesn't get thru the maze the way *they* did but most groups are patient as long as no one's just standing AFK, in my experience.

Nayru Lab has glide puzzle rooms but they are not required. Every single room has a pulse to get you up. At the other side, the door opening lever triggers a floor-sweeping kill laser. I often rubber band when launching in xserver, esp. in Nayru, and it's never been a problem to stand and wait till the lever gets pulled then race to the pulse. Not only has nobody ever complained, other players will stand and wait too (complaints about banding are common).

It's not game-required but you *should* have wall walk for Awak. Necro. Pugs wall walk and glide to the first boss to avoid unnecessary mobs. This stretch can be tricky because the path is narrow with crooked, invisible walls and trees which have parts you can get caught on. You can practice by yourself, if necessary. Wall walking and gliding is useful to avoid mobs in the city area but not necessary.

Nexus has a glide course. I actually haven't attempted Nexus yet because of this. I expect to rubber band and die regularly. I will probably have to find a friendly party and do it on my server since banding is worst in cross server.

I can think of nowhere else advanced gliding or wall walking is necessary or useful. Maybe I forgot something but these are the main ones. It's barely a handful. The vast majority of all (blue and purp) dungeons have no need or use for gliding. So no, jump/glide puzzles are not a large part of endgame. It just shows up for a few dungeons and you wouldn't be alone if having problems with it.

Lmfao he called the Old man Cho quests "jumping puzzle shit" omg I'm crying

There's no "puzzle" to the quests, they tell you what to collect, you collect it and bring it back to the short fat man and voila, you can run longer, run up walls, dive in the sky, or whatever other magical thing - what's got you so angry? The upgrades for your movement are handed to you in this day and age, back when the game launched these quests could have been considered difficult, not now though lol

I can't believe what people are complaining and finding difficult enough to call it a "puzzle" if that's what you find difficult enough to make a topic on forums and whine and you might quit the game because of silly quests then just quit the game because later on if and I mean IF you get there, you'll face challenges that will drive someone like you crazy. 

There are 0 jumping puzzles in this game. A jumping puzzle implies you have to use your brain to time multiple actions correctly to get to an area. There is no such thing in BNS.

Also, you were not required to complete the jumping puzzles in GW2 so it's a pretty interesting reason for you to quit given that game has so much more going on for it than BNS.

When I first started I was cussing those jumps to cho out like you would not believe.. my husband had to come out and show me how to do them.  A lot of that for me was I came straight out of Lineage 2 which was a click to move game with no jump ability or free camera movements, so going from that play style of this was challenging. Now though after running and jumping for a while it's second nature.. Just give it a chance and play around with it.

I think you'll just get used to it. You should invest in completing those quests simply for more run from place to place. And the quests aren't hard it's usually bring back an item and try to jump into a large cliff or tree to get to him to turn it in. I was initially very bad at jumping stuff. But since nothing is changing in this game. All of it is just repetition. So it's easy when you do it so many times. And it's personally very fun. In dungeons it's like a game of how much shit mobs you can dodge or a race between party members in naryu to get to the switch. There's like 0 community aspects in bns. So i think things like these are very fun sometimes. They bring a dungeon run kind of close. "My bro died to the naryu lab laser. Gotta go res him" failed the short cut jumps at bsh. Party members: "you ok bro?" It's kind of nice. 

Archived