100 Battleground wins for Chilling Flame elixir

Deathchill

So yea, it came to my surprise that after you gather the necessary Bravery and Whirlwind Tokens you can't actually purchase the said item without hitting 100 wins in Battleground. While I do understand that there must be restrictions and limitations I can't imagine why those are not stated anywhere...

Just imagine, farming all the materials required to transform your weapon and then, suddenly, you're required to kill Asura (example) 200 times without  knowing it in advance... what?

As far as I know, the same thing happened with Achievement shop, although it was a more common and popular topic and was discussed everywhere. I would like to read your opinions on this.

Ehh... before the event, you need to do a tons of matches in order to gather all the tokens for it (there was no battle frenzy) so by the time you got all the tokens, you should have more than enough wins to get it, it's just that the tokens are ridiculous and people never bother to click on it and see the requirement, I think it's fair. 

I don't think it is too bad since the skills cost hundreds of gold to buy them from the market.  If you did the event everyday it would be about 2.4 wins per day, which is somewhat manageable.  I had 30 wins before the event started and I need about 15 more for 100.  It is a pretty big grind though if you didn't have any wins from before or you didn't realize the cost when the event started.

It is stated plain as day when you go to the Whirlwind Valley NPC.

No one bothered to actually click on the item though to see what is required since there's a Yellow circle covering the item. That Yellow circle generally indicates you cannot buy that item without completing something beforehand.

But with the 100 wins to buy certain items, it's a fine requirement. I've replied to something like this before; in the end you should have well over 100 wins by the time you obtain everything that is required to buy said items. But since the event came, it sped up the process by a good lot so of course it'll seem like an inconvenience to actually get 100 wins. I'm one of the people who found out that you needed 100 wins after getting the materials needed but I shrugged it off and got it anyways since I like 6v6. Was well worth the time too since I got a free HM skill(free as in not having to spend gold).

I know it's an event. The idea that I have to right-click items before purchase to inform myself on hidden conditions is pretty ridiculous to me. I believe we are not going to argue if it's currently cheap to get it or easy to farm it, that's a fact.

And where does it state that "yellow circles" over the items means I have to complete other conditions? That's the problem, I need to be informed by other players who were informed by others before that... 

if u have prem, you can buy this stuff from dragon express without 100win restriction. But it would cost you bravery only instead token/bravery combo. Chilling elixir for example costs 185braverys, which you can easily get just by doing wwv dailies. I have 150 of them on my alt just by doing this while there are 12 more days of the event.

Yeah I agree, it's kind of annoying. I'd really like to use this event to farm hm skills for all my alts but it seems impossible for weaker geared characters. What I'm thinking of doing is getting wins to 1500-ish then entering and leaving a bunch of games to derank myself, and then climbing again. That way Ill get the wins and Ill do a bunch of rounds as well. Only reasonable way low geared characters can possibly get 100 wins - by farming Bronze-low silver games.

I do not mind the restriction but completely agree the requirements are not visualized properly. So far, I have only ever seen the requirement announced when I actually try to buy the thing, and that's not something I would ever do until the last moment. It should be a pop up when you click on the item for browsing the item description.

I was surprised by this same thing too. I finally got enough bravery and tokens to get both offals that I still need only to find out that they're locked away behind an achievement that I'm just about halfway for. I'll be able to get the offals for bravery alone before I have the achievement I need to get them for tokens...

To be honest I think the achievement requirement should be the 100 battles one, not the 100 wins one.

2 hours ago, Laneera said:

I was surprised by this same thing too. I finally got enough bravery and tokens to get both offals that I still need only to find out that they're locked away behind an achievement that I'm just about halfway for. I'll be able to get the offals for bravery alone before I have the achievement I need to get them for tokens...

To be honest I think the achievement requirement should be the 100 battles one, not the 100 wins one.

Why 100 battles? The amount of materials it takes requires over 100 wins so there's no point in lowering the achievement needed.

The event just sped up the process so now it seems like it's too much to get 100 wins.

8 hours ago, Shuchin said:

I do not mind the restriction but completely agree the requirements are not visualized properly. So far, I have only ever seen the requirement announced when I actually try to buy the thing, and that's not something I would ever do until the last moment. It should be a pop up when you click on the item for browsing the item description.

It's right there, when you talk to the npc, dont you see a HUGE YELLOW BADGE/SEAL over the item? What do you think that means? It means you do not meet the achivement requieremnts. Right clicking on the item even when you do not have the items require to buy it, will tell you exactly what achievemnt you need. Maybe you guys were just not aware of it, but its visualized properly... the badge/seal literally covers 80% of the item.
2n9hxd3.jpg

Like this for example.

7 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

It's right there, when you talk to the npc, dont you see a HUGE YELLOW BADGE/SEAL over the item? 

C'mon now, you've either tried to make multiple purchases of such items or were told by someone about it. There's no way people, new to the game, would have access to that information.

6 minutes ago, Deathchill said:

C'mon now, you've either tried to make multiple purchases of such items or were told by someone about it. There's no way people, new to the game, would have access to that information.

Back in misty wood, faction npcs, the masks, there is one for a lot of gold (1k? 100? idr) and the same one for 1g, that one has that seal, so i was like why does it have a seal on it! Right click on it to buy it, tells me i need 1k kills achievemnt to get it. So i found out myself out of curiosity, but its something players have been exposed to for a long time. Achievemnt merchant has them too. I know the information is not exactly out there, but it requires a bit of comon sense + curiosity. Doubt someone trying to get flame elixir is a new player, that has never been exposed to those npcs before.

1 hour ago, Unicorns said:

Doubt someone trying to get flame elixir is a new player, that has never been exposed to those npcs before.

No, but I never really bothered to right-click an item that I do not have the materials to buy. You are notified only because of your curiosity, not common sense. I'm not at all annoyed by the need of 100 wins in battleground (currently at 60), I just wanted to ask if other people think this should be the way it is.

Personally, I would like to see all the requirements for purchase at one place, plain and simple.

Premium Dragon express tab, has discounts on some of the items available on in game vendors. 

On this tab, the chilling flame liquor, offals, etc, are purchasable for bravery alone (vendor sells for red whirl tokens and bravery), at battlepoint amounts less than the wwv vendor.

In Addition to being discounted, the premium tab DOES NOT REQUIRE the achievements apon further inspection.

l'd like some consistency in the purchase requirements (100 wins necessary from both sources or neither).

On 24.9.2016 at 9:35 PM, ElectricPotato said:

Premium Dragon express tab, has discounts on some of the items available on in game vendors. 

On this tab, the chilling flame liquor, offals, etc, are purchasable for bravery alone (vendor sells for red whirl tokens and bravery), at battlepoint amounts less than the wwv vendor.

In Addition to being discounted, the premium tab DOES NOT REQUIRE the achievements apon further inspection.

l'd like some consistency in the purchase requirements (100 wins necessary from both sources or neither).

So what? A) its for premium - which you could buy and B) im sure you are aware that you can get Braverys from WWV as well as Pvp-Arena - so it would be a bit idiotic to bind it to only WWV-wins. And btw even if the amount in WWV-Coins is not as much as with tokens - atm you get the tokens more or less for free by doing the event...

It is a simple matter of caution not to attempt a purchase if you do not really want to make it, as you have no guarantees of how many pop up confirmation boxes or whatever you will get for safety to prevent a mispurchase.

So detail information about a purchase requirement should be accessible without having to make a purchase attempt. A badge, however visible, does not tell you the actual requirement details and it also does not offer enough re-assurance to make a purchase attempt to find out.

Acceptable in my book are only:

- as part of item description

- as an info box when hovering over the item

- as an info box when selecting the item (as if you want to check the description)

• 1 month later...
On 23-9-2016 at 7:39 PM, Zuzu said:

Why 100 battles? The amount of materials it takes requires over 100 wins so there's no point in lowering the achievement needed.

The event just sped up the process so now it seems like it's too much to get 100 wins.

Reviving this thread because Beluga Lagoon actually made your question more relevant. You can get Bravery from duels, tag matches and another battleground now, so it makes little sense to me to lock it behind a 100 win achievement for WWV. If anything, an achievement for 20 wins in each type of content that rewards Bravery (or 100 wins in any of these) would make more sense.

Archived