TalonShina

My ideal class

There's been some talk about a "New Class" and what it might be. There has been postings about it not really in game at all as well which would be cool.

My question is what is your ideal class? What does it look like?

Weapon: Duel Fans (Like my charmer from heroes of three kingdoms that I played way back in the day)

Abilities/Use: A buffing class that buffs while it does damage with some healing as well (I like support classes and my all time favorite character was my Archon Mage from rift. I soloed as a 51 pt Archon 15 pt chrolomancer, because I was told it couldn't be done post archon nerf)

I love being able to support my parties and boost them up while also being able to survive when I want to play solo. I feel like I shine in this playstyle and would love to see a class that takes a back seat to damage but can support it's party buffing them while they do damage as well has provide useful CCs and maybe a party save type button for dungeon that need it.

Maybe Water element class with wind skills (Water not frost/ice)

What does your ideal class look like? No judging from me, it's fun to see what others find fun or interesting to play

Race: all but Gon maybe, since I don't see the Gon race fitting the playstyle and that's saying something because I love my Gon

I love my gon destroyer

Maybe it wouldn't fit Lyn either and i'd be okay with that it would make it a Yun and Jin class.

Edit: i'll add this the reason I said Gon was because I didn't feel it would fit the male side of the race. That is my personal taste though. I am female and would play a female character anyways so if they opened it to all races I wouldn't complain.

Yes it's an imaginary class I just wanted to see what people wanted to maybe see, knowing it likely won't happen I was curious as to what people enjoyed playing. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by TalonShina

Kasugai   

I would love to see an Iron Fan class or monk pole class, and do away with Destroyer's and drowned all lyn's. Lyn was never a playable class when game 1st launched in Korea even if they are now they should not have cat's there skill's should be same as Iksan realm Walker. rarrrr  :o

15 minutes ago, Kasugai said:

I would love to see an Iron Fan class or monk pole class, and do away with Destroyer's and drowned all lyn's. Lyn was never a playable class when game 1st launched in Korea even if they are now they should not have cat's there skill's should be same as Iksan realm Walker. rarrrr  :o

A monk class I like that idea

Kounat   

Give the game an Archer already, we don't need another kfm with some ranged/elemental abilities.

Kasugai   

Yeah i am really liking the idea of Monk and 3 section interlocking staff you could have dual stance with it. 6-foot-three-section-converta-staff.jpg6db3241d8b846aa2502e5a0b455935b4.jpgff574b09ef26877fc9baf84f82208404.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kasugai said:

Yeah i am really liking the idea of Monk and 3 section interlocking staff you could have dual stance with it. 6-foot-three-section-converta-staff.jpg6db3241d8b846aa2502e5a0b455935b4.jpgff574b09ef26877fc9baf84f82208404.jpg

Okay yeah cool thoughts there

Beleth   

I'd love to see dual sword master. Fell in love with that class when I was playing Cabal Online.

7 hours ago, iritsuchan said:

Water element sounds cool. Will be nice to have something new like that. 

That's what I was thinking tidal wave skill mix it with wind maybe a tornado skill maybe? I was thinking this morning of a geysur (spelling is off this morning) as like a party save type skill where the player and party is launched into the air on a water geysur and resistant to things like Yeti's freeze. Crazy of course and I know that curse maybe of my author brain my imagination runs super wild at times.

8 hours ago, Beleth said:

I'd love to see dual sword master. Fell in love with that class when I was playing Cabal Online.

Ah cabal I remember that game think I played an archer

14 hours ago, iritsuchan said:

Water element sounds cool. Will be nice to have something new like that. 

Imagine a magic-monk class that use staff as their weapon.

They main water element and lightning element.

Water element represents their flexibility and adaption to all form of battles. Sometimes, the monk "flows" gently to avoid attack, like a water part around a rock. The other time, the monk is like a torrent near the waterfall, hit hard with sustainable AoE attack and CCs.

Lightning element represents their lightning-fast and furious attack than can crush even the toughest defense. And for who dares to touch a lightning, he will surely get shocked. Guard-break, single-target burst, and damage reflection is this element's specialization.

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

8 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Imagine a magic-monk class that use staff as their weapon.

They main water element and lightning element.

Water element represents their flexibility and adaption to all form of battles. Sometimes, the monk "flows" gently to avoid attack, like a water part around a rock. The other time, the monk is like a torrent near the waterfall, hit hard with sustainable AoE attack and CCs.

Lightning element represents their lightning-fast and furious attack than can crush even the toughest defense. And for who dares to touch a lightning, he will surely get shocked. Guard-break, single-target burst, and damage reflection is this element's specialization.

Hey I'm game for something like that. This thread was more for fun I wanted to see what ppl were thinking. I like being creative and just writing down something that would sound fun.

We got enough ninja stuff going on, we need something unique.  I would vote for a gun class, at level 50 get pohara's chain gun that would be epic.  Game is full of guns, would be only fitting for a gun class.  Like Phoara, have abilities like gadgets: Bombs, missiles, instead heal from some chi skill get it from a adrenaline shot.

24 minutes ago, Lelouch Lamperougie said:

We got enough ninja stuff going on, we need something unique.  I would vote for a gun class, at level 50 get pohara's chain gun that would be epic.  Game is full of guns, would be only fitting for a gun class.  Like Phoara, have abilities like gadgets: Bombs, missiles, instead heal from some chi skill get it from a adrenaline shot.

I kinda want an arsenal of multi firearms and art of explosive. Let gather all pickable firearms in the game into one single class called Firearms Master, that can change his weapons at will depend on situation.

Kinda like Engineer in Guild War 2, where each firearms or devices give the class a set of separated skills.

Wanna hard-hitting from afar on single target? Go with rifle where you has limited mobility but can pierce through block and counter.

Wanna kite? Go with dual pistols where you can do hit-and-run.

Wanna hamper enemy's movements with CC? Go with a machine gun where you can  spread bullets that will cause slow, stun and even knockback, if your opponents get hit too many times. It can also be used for air combo, where you aim your machine gun on the airborne opponent and spam bullets, juggling him for a good long while.

Wanna AoE burst? Let get some rocket launchers with various types of ammo. Gravity ammo to pull the enemy in. Napalm ammo to burn them. And explosive ammo that hit them hard.

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

I would like the see a Shrine Maiden/Onmyoji Priest type class. The outfits are iconic with the red and white belted robes for the priestesses and the tall conical hats for priests.

This class would not be focused on healing at all but would have abilities which allowed them to cast barriers (Kekai) and use them in innovative ways. Everything from binding an opponent inside one or using one as a defensive shield to casting a series of them horizontally in the air which they could use to stand on or hop across the sky. They would be users of paper talismans (Jitsu) with strong elemental affinities which could be crafted and imbued with various effects like damage, buffs/enchantments, summoning helpful spirits, or banishing foes in various ways. Another major characteristic of this class would be the use of Shikigami, folded origami dolls which when brought to life by the Onmyoji take varied forms and serve as familiars both in combat as well as for more practical tasks like messenger or item fetching. Of course the weapon would be a Khakkhara staff, one end of which has rings which sound like bells when it's struck or waved about  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khakkhara).  This is actually a class that I have thought about quite a bit as it's to be part of a Japanese themed RPG my employer is in the early stages of developing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmy%C5%8Dd%C5%8D