A few question before i start with the game

Panca21

10 hours ago, Slyce said:

When you reach max "normal" level, you'll start getting HM (Hongmoon) levels.

Ok this clarify the thing :D

So those "Festival Experience Charms" that can be won at the Daily Dash are uset to increease that exp. Are those charms rare (in this case i ll save them for my future main, when  ill find a char that suit me better), or there are a lot around (so i can use them on any char) ?

They are not really rare but also not as common as you may like later on.
The story quests will carry you to HM 5 or so. After that it's just daily quests and killing mobs/bosses. From HM5 to HM6 you'll need 2 million exp.

Current max HM level is 15 but most characters only reached 10 or 11 as you need 32 million exp to go from 10 to 11 and then 58 million to 12.

Saving the charms will help you catch up later. You can never have enough exp.

But Festival Charms have a 24 hour cooldown that prevents you from using any other exp charms so if you have lots of them, you might want to use some on yor current character.

You can get a similar charm with only a few seconds cooldown every 1-3 days from lvl 50 dungeons / daily challenge.

Successful runs in Infinity Tower will also give you some charms for 10 thousand exp.

There are also a few tokens you can collect at level 50+ which can be exchanged for exp charms.

Just to add a bit more depth to the explanation about HM vs regular levels:

Although regular levels 1-50 seem less important compared to HM levels when just reading the stat increases, they are actually game changing on a mechanistic level!

Hongmoon levels just increase your stats and skill points, but regular levels change the whole balancing of all of your statistics.

If you pay attention to the tooltips, you will notice in your P stats window that all the percentages are given for a target of the same level as yourself. This is highly important because on a target of higher than your own level, these values will change to your disadvantage, often by a lot.

Where is this important?

Firstly, this means that a lvl 45 HM5 would be at a huge disadvantage against a lvl 50 HM 0 character. Not relevant 99% of times, but looking to the future, this means that on the day they have a level increase to 55, all your gear will start feel very weak indeed and you will have little choice but to upgrade to lvl 55 items.

Secondly, you have to pay attention to boss enemies that have higher levels than 50. Some legendary bosses in the game are lvl 51 for example, and against those your displayed stats will be reduced. 55% crit might become 50% crit rate.
This also affects the value of stat increases. So while 500 more crit stat might mean 2% crit rate increase against a lvl 50 target, it will likely be a 3% improvement against a lvl 51 target.

1 hour ago, Slyce said:

But Festival Charms have a 24 hour cooldown that prevents you from using any other exp charms so if you have lots of them, you might want to use some on yor current character.

My chars are still not 50 at the moment...should i wait till 50 or they get HM  exp anyway, and i notice it later on when i turn to 50?

To tack onto the Charm and HM conversation, I don't think they're tradeable either, so even if you saved them, I don't think you can trade them to other alts/mains. 

Depending on your 'luck' and playstyle, you can grind experience through dailies/dungeons and probably net yourself a good 500-600k exp a day if you fully max out your dailies.  You'll probably hit a wall in terms of "easy leveling" when you're at HM 9.  But once you hit HM 6-7, you should be good in terms of skill points.  It's only when you PVP or get HM skills where you start to wish you had more :p.

Woops, I forgot you can get them through your mail.  In that case, you can definitely save them for another character if you decide to switch around.

And nope, there's no timer on the mailbox.  I usually use it as a secondary storage until I need to use something that I really need :).

I keep using this topic and updating the opening post with all the question...useless to keep open one million topics.

A little conversation i got today :

Other guy : Ehi can i have your outfit?

Me : sorry but its untreadable

Other guy : Sure but i can always bid on it

Me : i dont know what do you mean, but atm ill keep this untill i can get a new one.

Other guy : Ok

so...

11) Is it really possible to "bid" untradeable items? How eventually this thing work and more important...its safe for the seller/buyer?

yes not really making sense here. Maybe helpful to know what costume we are talking about. If it was a costume dropping from a dungeon boss, maybe that person was hoping to bid on it in group and not have you drive up the price. But normally ou would not do that anyway since you have the untradeable) costume already. Or maybe they were asking about where to get the costume from? But then I would not understand the part about bidding either...

Generally costumes are not tradeable, ever. The only exception being B&S West specific, that you can trade most shop costumes with stamps to your alts on the same account.

And finally moved to silvelfrost place...and everything got millions of HP...so hard to solo them with not super gear...and that lead me to guilds...

12) How does they work?

I read a lot of "invites" in the chat and all talks of level requirement (easy and obvious), a number with a + (that i think is the attack power), discord (that from what i know is reddit internal chat), outfit (this is unknow...all wear the same? and always? does it cost?) and someone also said "no tax" (people have to actually pay to join one?).

Accepting any other important info about guilds anyway, always better to know before picking the wrong one.

Discord is actually a voice/chat application.  Not tied to reddit.  Most clans prefer you to have it as it makes dungeon mechanics easier to coordinate.

Guilds will often talk about having outfits just as an added benefit.  Once a guild reaches lvl 5, they can create guild outfits that clan members can wear.  Depending on the guild, they can require you to donate materials to make it or not.  Not sure what people say about 'no tax'.  I assume, some guilds may require members to pay a weekly tax to the guild in order to stay in it.  (Kind of dumb, but to each his own).

Please remember that you have the choice to join any guild and you can leave any guild whenever you want.  Find a good one within your game time play and experiment.

19 hours ago, Panca21 said:

And finally moved to silvelfrost place...and everything got millions of HP...so hard to solo them with not super gear...and that lead me to guilds...

12) How does they work?

I read a lot of "invites" in the chat and all talks of level requirement (easy and obvious), a number with a + (that i think is the attack power), discord (that from what i know is reddit internal chat), outfit (this is unknow...all wear the same? and always? does it cost?) and someone also said "no tax" (people have to actually pay to join one?).

Accepting any other important info about guilds anyway, always better to know before picking the wrong one.

The first zone you get to in Silverfrost - Skypetal Plains - is actually the highest level zone and the mobs there are meant to be farmed by parties. They are only useful for some crafting mats and the extremely rare chance of dropping an item needed for an HM skill. You'll probably never need to kill them. Also most daily quests in that zone are meant for higher leveled characters.
Just follow the storyline to Zaiwei (the big city) and you'll reach the zones in the north and east where mobs are below lvl 50 again.

If you finish the story, you'll be lvl 50HM4 or so and have some gold to upgrade your weapon which will get you closer to the requirements of some clans if you do not find one willing to take you in.
Don't join a clan that requires you to provide gold or items on a regular basis just to stay in the clan unless they carry you through dungeons that pay off at least that much or you get something else in return. Even if you are able to pay the fee, at your level you still need that for your own advancement.

These fees are usually meant to level the clan or for clan crafts and should be payed by higher level players who can afford them.

The main (game mechanic) benefit of a clan is the chat, some items you can only get by clan crafting, and a small cost reduction depending on the clan level.

The rest is just about the community behind it.

So joining a clan is like finding a few friends to play the game together. Unless you are aiming for endgame stuff where a big clan is much more likely to organize dungeon runs and raids (we don't have raids yet) and you'll be able to get rare drops for a cheaper prize than in a random group.

So i think ill actually wait to get the char i like more and then move to a clan...not very useful lto enter in one if i dont play that char too much.

Meanwhile i moved to 50 and doing some part of Zawei story quests...

13) I ve heard about a thing called daily challenge that said to be available when i got all the place on sivlerfrost valley...does that mean that it will be available after i finished the storyline or something else is required?

EDIT ON 13 ) after restarting the game the daily challenge appeared, showing me what quest i can pick and what i still cant...good to know :D

14) After hitting 50 a lot of quests popped up leading me to new dungeons, but i always see people asking for xxx+ attack to join in those ones...how can i know if im good enought to enter any of them? Dont really like to join and be the cause of a failure or only a burden to the team.

15) And crap the storage is super full of different tipe of coin, stones and whatever else to use on a millions of different merchant trader (and atm i really dont know what is usefull and what not)...is there a way to get backpacks from the game other then the F10...there they cost really a lot?

13)  Daily challenge should be unlocked once you reach lvl 50.  You'll see a little side bar - (credit goes to screenshot owner).  Daily quests that are for the Daily challenge are usually denoted by a different icon as you can in the picture.  You can simply use the Daily Challenge screen to accept the quests easily unless you don't have them unlocked, and then there will be a note saying that you can't accept it (in which case you need to unlock it whether via finishing up story quests or doing some side quests).

d5fuhSa.jpg

14)  The required AP for the dungeons is more or less a fail-safe requirement.  The higher the AP, the less there is to worry about certain mechanics or certain failures.  If you understand the game and know how to do mechanics and iframe correctly, then AP really doesn't matter (until later dungeons where certain gear is required for certain dungeons).  If you press P, you can go to the Dungeons tab, and you can get a good look at where your gear and level is compared to the game's dungeon requirements.  (although this can be ignored if you're veteran) but it's a nice little guideline.

And to give a reality check, everyone's going to be a burden to someone at some point regardless of AP level or skills.  It depends on the party makeup, communication and coordination.  This is where being in a clan is really beneficial because clans will more than often offer the time to teach members how to run a dungeon while people in cross-server are usually looking for that quick run before they go off to do their daily challenges in real life :p.

The best preparation you can do is to watch videos and read posts about the dungeons to give yourself a head start before you go into the dungeon.  You can either 'fake it until you make it' or simply state in the party chat that you're new to buy yourself some 'slack' if you end up dieing.  You might run to people that will give you pointers and tips, and you might run into people that will call you 'noob' and whatever bad words they can find in their limited vocabulary book.  Either way, you just need to persevere through the dungeon experience in F8 and hope to find a good clan to help you out as well.  You won't know you're good unless you actually do it :)  Just because you have 500, 600, or even 700AP, it doesn't guarantee success.

15)  You can always sell gold on the currency exchange to get HM coins to by pouches or you can get lucky and get Venture Tokens from chests to transmute into HM Coins.

13) It popped up after a reboot but then the page its quite easy, it also say what quest i need to unlock one of the 5 required.

14) Gear is aroun 45/48 lvl and AP 360 at 50 hm1 forcemaster...i ve got the feeling that i lacked a bit into pimping gear cause theb items required are a bit costy...

15) tried, and that why i say its expansive :D

Archived