Brethren and sisters We have done it part 2

CrimsonKitsune

Thats a nice change, strange that NCSoft actually listens lately o.O.

I would love it, if jewel powders/weapon powders became account bound to, since i leveled an alt which is lv 50 now , and still has awk infernal accesories. Cause it sucks not having any jewel powders, while i have 1000's on my main.

31 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

I would love it, if jewel powders/weapon powders became account bound to, since i leveled an alt which is lv 50 now , and still has awk infernal accesories. Cause it sucks not having any jewel powders, while i have 1000's on my main.

That could be a viable alternative

they didn't really listen to the players. Stop begging for a grind free game. anyway they are making it slightly cheaper because  we are getting legendary ring in ebondrake citidial. It would make sense to make the jewelry  path. As we get more and more into the legendary path. The more expensive things get. Actually think about it for once

new legendary accessories  use legendary jewels which are 20g each. You need around 60+ for max. That around 1.2k gold for one item.

hence why they made it cheaper so players will be prepared for the legendary spend. Again please stop  thinking that community is the reason things got cheaper. Unless you show me actual response from ncsoft stating it because  of communtiy.

if Ncsoft Na listens to community all the time. This game will die right away. Grinding is good remember  that. Having everything handed to you is not

loving this so much... how can new/casual player broke free from the ap barrier if they won't do something like this... just like someone posted that I read from other threads "it's just like a car" value never go up in time there is always new and people just tend to accept the fact that the old one will be less valuable...

45 minutes ago, Kuronee said:

they didn't really listen to the players. Stop begging for a grind free game. anyway they are making it slightly cheaper because  we are getting legendary ring in ebondrake citidial. It would make sense to make the jewelry  path. As we get more and more into the legendary path. The more expensive things get. Actually think about it for once

new legendary accessories  use legendary jewels which are 20g each. You need around 60+ for max. That around 1.2k gold for one item.

hence why they made it cheaper so players will be prepared for the legendary spend. Again please stop  thinking that community is the reason things got cheaper. Unless you show me actual response from ncsoft stating it because  of communtiy.

if Ncsoft Na listens to community all the time. This game will die right away. Grinding is good remember  that. Having everything handed to you is not

Actually they did listen to the majority and they will be rewarded for this, you sir need to accept that you and your ilk are in the minute minority (I know double negative). Nobody is asking for a grind free game we are just asking that the game be less grindy than it is now. Sir that is complete nonsense they're not doing this for high lvs " We’ve taken your posts and comments on the game systems and progression pace seriously, and look forward to your continued feedback. " this proves they're trying hard to please the actual majority which is the low lvls, if you read their post entirely you would not come to such a ludicrous conclusion. Again with your delusions thinking its all about you high lvls when its not, its laughable really to think they will lessen the accessories for people who already had them, tell me how does that help them.  "We’ve taken your posts and comments on the game systems and progression pace seriously, and look forward to your continued feedback. " Actual response from NC soft :). If Nc listens to its player base the game will die?? that has to be the most insane comment I have ever read do you honestly think that LOL that reaching far out there man. Grinding is good in proper proportions but this grind is insane and the main reason why the game is dying LOL say player base is wrong lol

46 minutes ago, Kuronee said:

Grinding is only "good" because it seems like most ppl think BnS is lacking in "End Game Content". Besides that - i just want to mention that Grind != Rng. And i think the last one is more annoying for most ppl Especially if some guys are luckier and do not have to grind than others that have to grind very much.

1 hour ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Actually they did listen to the majority and they will be rewarded for this, you sir need to accept that you and your ilk are in the minute minority (I know double negative). Nobody is asking for a grind free game we are just asking that the game be less grindy than it is now. Sir that is complete nonsense they're not doing this for high lvs " We’ve taken your posts and comments on the game systems and progression pace seriously, and look forward to your continued feedback. " this proves they're trying hard to please the actual majority which is the low lvls, if you read their post entirely you would not come to such a ludicrous conclusion. Again with your delusions thinking its all about you high lvls when its not, its laughable really to think they will lessen the accessories for people who already had them, tell me how does that help them.  "We’ve taken your posts and comments on the game systems and progression pace seriously, and look forward to your continued feedback. " Actual response from NC soft :). If Nc listens to its player base the game will die?? that has to be the most insane comment I have ever read do you honestly think that LOL that reaching far out there man. Grinding is good in proper proportions but this grind is insane and the main reason why the game is dying LOL say player base is wrong lol

You do realize that they take in our thoughts and opinions, but didn't mean they did it because community told them to do it. Like I mentioned before and you fail to understand. We are getting legendary gear for accessories. Which cost a lot more money then a normal upgrade for a necklace to true python. They are making it easier for new players by little bit. In order to prepare people for the legendary struggle. You keep thinking the game is dying but it is not.  Show me proof that is game is dying. Don't tell me because of server merges. In my server group I have not see a drop of player base at all. Yes the population dropped from the start of the game to now. Because the hype at release was over. They had made to many servers causing the player base to split. Everyone is obsessed with going over to Mushin and Poharan anyway . If the game was dying we wouldn't be having a official pvp tournament

1 hour ago, JatoJato said:

Grinding is only "good" because it seems like most ppl think BnS is lacking in "End Game Content". Besides that - i just want to mention that Grind != Rng. And i think the last one is more annoying for most ppl Especially if some guys are luckier and do not have to grind than others that have to grind very much.

This is a Korean game buddy. Grind is a good thing and so is RNG. I seen much worse RNG in other games then I do in Blade & Soul.  Sure luck has a roll in everything. I have been grinding the necklace for a while and have not seen it drop. Am I complaining  no, because it is giving me something to work for. Think about it because it s not hard.. If they handed you everything and make it so you can get to end game super fast. To the point of giving you legendary necklace and gear within in a week time. What are you going to do with your time on the game then. Because you pretty much have the gear and nothing to grind anymore besides pvp. I am not denying grind is not annoying but this is a Korean MMO. Most Americans hate grind and want everything handed to them. If you played Aion, WoW, PWI and games like Warframe. Then you would see what grind really is

10 minutes ago, Kuronee said:

This is a Korean game buddy. Grind is a good thing and so is RNG. I seen much worse RNG in other games then I do in Blade & Soul.  Sure luck has a roll in everything. I have been grinding the necklace for a while and have not seen it drop. Am I complaining  no, because it is giving me something to work for. Think about it because it s not hard.. If they handed you everything and make it so you can get to end game super fast. To the point of giving you legendary necklace and gear within in a week time. What are you going to do with your time on the game then. Because you pretty much have the gear and nothing to grind anymore besides pvp. I am not denying grind is not annoying but this is a Korean MMO. Most Americans hate grind and want everything handed to them. If you played Aion, WoW, PWI and games like Warframe. Then you would see what grind really is

Yeah well it is - but so what? I do neither live nor play in KR. Also is said sth in an ather thread that does apply here as well (do not stress the rng part the context was slightly different but the general idea applies here as well):

And while we are talking about other regions lets discuss some other things for example:

- Ping and Server Stability

- Payable Stuff in F10

- Gold income

- Available Items/Weapons

- HM Level after finishing the story

As you can see other regions have many different things - so it is a little bit funny that ppl try to compare 1 single part and this is everytime the rng...

As you can see - the game might be KR but we have different versions and adaptations of it. So KR principles does not necessary apply to us. So just because in KR it is grind it does not have to be so by us. 

Furhtermore rng is a method to make the game more exciting. While this is good in a dungeon at the loot it is not so good for the transmuting of materials because ther it generates unfairness - and contradicts your statement about grind - grind generally means you have to "work" so that you get something, not the luckiest one gets the most. Due to that it is called "Grind Game" not "RNG Game".

If you complain or not does not matter - because as it seems there are more players unhappy than happy about the current rng. 

Just because everyone says it it does not become true. Noone wanted to have all stuff within a single week. Also even if you would have the neck - i think upgrading it to max costs about 2k gold - dont think you have this "within a week".

Things that could be done in a game -> raids, getting max ss, getting cosmetics, doing fun things like pvp/hardmode dungeons, leveling twinks, ... - i think there is plenty to do - or would be if PvP would be more popular for example.

And to the last remark - the game we are playing is BnS not some other game. So just because they do other stuff is not a reason for BnS to do the same. It can be used as examples for good/intersting stuff but thats it. In any case it is not a excuse that in other games worse situations exist and ppl just have to live with it if they are trying to improve the game of their choice.

I think it is normal for a MMORPG have its content becoming easier as time passes.

The original material costs would be what NCSoft wants player to grind, until they feel ready to shift players to another grind of higher-level. When that happens, they reduce the costs, for new players to catch up, preparing a shortcut for them to access the latest grindfest content.

Thus, I believe it is just a coincidence that the cost reduction happens to be the same with what players have wished for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 1:56 PM, Kuronee said:

You do realize that they take in our thoughts and opinions, but didn't mean they did it because community told them to do it. Like I mentioned before and you fail to understand. We are getting legendary gear for accessories. Which cost a lot more money then a normal upgrade for a necklace to true python. They are making it easier for new players by little bit. In order to prepare people for the legendary struggle. You keep thinking the game is dying but it is not.  Show me proof that is game is dying. Don't tell me because of server merges. In my server group I have not see a drop of player base at all. Yes the population dropped from the start of the game to now. Because the hype at release was over. They had made to many servers causing the player base to split. Everyone is obsessed with going over to Mushin and Poharan anyway . If the game was dying we wouldn't be having a official pvp tournament

First off I havent gotten back to you because I was busy with work and I've been playing tera , but I digress. Now I never said they don't listen to everybody but the main driving force behind  this change is people messaging them about the accessories cost dropping because nc soft dropped weapon costs earlier. Thats a nice spin you have on the issue but what you say still says that they lowered it for the new people and low lvl people irregardless of legendary or not also if this game is about grinding why change to a less grindy way isn't grind good and rng perfect why abandon those ideals to cater to what you describe them as lazy people. I don't think the game is dying I know its dying I base my view on my server I put so much work in lvling my character. When you say things like from your perspectives you need to know that it is not fact but rather opinion and also you further go on to spin things as if I thought the server merges were the cause of the sharp drop of players( I have never stated this) but thats not true. I pinned the problems on a multitude of factors ranging from rng to pvp its alot of small problems that combines to make a huge colossal problem. Lastly an official pvp tourney is not the ultimate defense agaisnt the game dying rather thats a way to generate new players so if you actually think about your ending comment proves to me you do agree the game is dying and that I won. 

Actually reading Kuronee's post made me think back to the time when i played World of Warcraft and come to think of it the grind in that game was way more intense than in BnS. People, entire guilds would grind and grind the same instances for their tier gear for months at a time. In fact the highest level of gear was not even obtainable by a huge chunk of the player base. The non-raid spec'd population. This stuff took long coordinated efforts with raids composed of 25-40 players. Imagine running with 25 other people and having one item (mabey) drop, then everyone has to wait an entire week for the raid to reset. I once spent six weeks farming a pet drop just circling around a lake in Ashara killing the same mobs over and over, every day, day in day out. When it dropped I was elated. Yeah. And I am not talking about a Korean game. Wow is made by a company based in Irvine, CA. So when saying grind here is excessive, it might be good to put it in perspective.

16 minutes ago, studioMagicalFox said:

Actually reading Kuronee's post made me think back to the time when i played World of Warcraft and come to think of it the grind in that game was way more intense than in BnS. People, entire guilds would grind and grind the same instances for their tier gear for months at a time. In fact the highest level of gear was not even obtainable by a huge chunk of the player base. The non-raid spec'd population. This stuff took long coordinated efforts with raids composed of 25-40 players. Imagine running with 25 other people and having one item (mabey) drop, then everyone has to wait an entire week for the raid to reset. I once spent six weeks farming a pet drop just circling around a lake in Ashara killing the same mobs over and over, every day, day in day out. When it dropped I was elated. Yeah. And I am not talking about a Korean game. Wow is made by a company based in Irvine, CA. So when saying grind here is excessive, it might be good to put it in perspective.

It also took many people YEARS to hit max level :p

On 9/21/2016 at 5:13 AM, Grimstar said:

Haven't they always been listening? They keep giving stuff that weren't originally in any other server.

Change is good and all, but honestly when will the community stop antagonizing NCSoft and effectively taking them for granted?

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

Haven't they always been listening? They keep giving stuff that weren't originally in any other server.

Change is good and all, but honestly when will the community stop antagonizing NCSoft and effectively taking them for granted?

yes, especially LAG

And they dont do it cuz they listen, they do it cuz they see that population lowers rapidly, and theres almost zero income of new players. Sadly it doesnt solve much, that pugging in f8 with 500ap or 480ap even most primitive dungeons, is almost impossible.

There are other things than lowering mats, which would help more tho. Less consumption of mats = they will go down in prices = running dungeons even more worthless, except daily (at least small income from stingers) or expecting some book or offal drop with 0,000001 chance lol.

Rewards for having rookies in party, rewards for finishing dungeons through LFP, rookie/skilled status inspectable in lobby, recommended ap for dungeons, which would greatly eliminate this BSH 600++++++++++++ bullshit lol, etc.

Sadly it seems that programmers are greatly incompetent and all changes are made just most primitive ways. No need examples here.

All and all, not so optimal change, doesnt solve much, ap requirements in f8 will be only higher, just wait and see. And even if at least bit positive, bit too late.

15 hours ago, babeln said:

yes, especially LAG

And they dont do it cuz they listen, they do it cuz they see that population lowers rapidly, and theres almost zero income of new players. Sadly it doesnt solve much, that pugging in f8 with 500ap or 480ap even most primitive dungeons, is almost impossible.

There are other things than lowering mats, which would help more tho. Less consumption of mats = they will go down in prices = running dungeons even more worthless, except daily (at least small income from stingers) or expecting some book or offal drop with 0,000001 chance lol.

Rewards for having rookies in party, rewards for finishing dungeons through LFP, rookie/skilled status inspectable in lobby, recommended ap for dungeons, which would greatly eliminate this BSH 600++++++++++++ bullshit lol, etc.

Sadly it seems that programmers are greatly incompetent and all changes are made just most primitive ways. No need examples here.

All and all, not so optimal change, doesnt solve much, ap requirements in f8 will be only higher, just wait and see. And even if at least bit positive, bit too late.

|I like your take on this and it would be nice to see this implemented

me personally, and im sure others too, would be way happier if mats needed for upgrades were same, but this rng bullcrap zero chance got better. Hell they could make it even double expensive to upgrade. Speaking as someone who freshly started new toon and needed to go through all that siren oath gold sink, its bearable, but rng, constantly being frustrated to hell, that sucks!

41 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

|I like your take on this and it would be nice to see this implemented

i dont see it possible, because that would require some coding, not just changing few numbers of mats needed. Considering how game is old, what kind of programmers are hired usually in asian countries on this work, and how are they doing fixing other stuff, solving problems with profile pics etc... i dont see it possible =(

41 minutes ago, babeln said:

me personally, and im sure others too, would be way happier if mats needed for upgrades were same, but this rng bullcrap zero chance got better. Hell they could make it even double expensive to upgrade. Speaking as someone who freshly started new toon and needed to go through all that siren oath gold sink, its bearable, but rng, constantly being frustrated to hell, that sucks!

i dont see it possible, because that would require some coding, not just changing few numbers of mats needed. Considering how game is old, what kind of programmers are hired usually in asian countries on this work, and how are they doing fixing other stuff, solving problems with profile pics etc... i dont see it possible =(

we're not doubling mat requirement unless the rng is improved two fold

On 21/09/2016 at 11:10 AM, CrimsonKitsune said:

We have did it again BNS has listened to the Majority of the community and reduced accessory costs. Please post your congratulations and thanks to dev team, but note this is not the end we need changes in rng and mats so we can expand to more people

They did this because they LOST a lot of customers because of the stupid heavy grind.

This is why they're lowering the costs for everything, because the majority of west players doesn't like this kind of thing.

"oh it's a korean game", and?? So why they brought this to the west then? 

44 minutes ago, WLraik said:

They did this because they LOST a lot of customers because of the stupid heavy grind.

This is why they're lowering the costs for everything, because the majority of west players doesn't like this kind of thing.

My sentiments exactly

5 hours ago, WLraik said:

personally i have no problem with grind in general, used to korean games, but this rng grind, means you grind and you get nothing at all 100times, thats what i find totally frustrating and pointless

lol so they "lowered" petal drop in asura. I havent seen single petal since that time, only in cs. Rng boxes = lol. Offal ember etc drop = lol. Hundreds times opened, hundred times looted, nothing. So you kinda stop believing that it even exists, but on forum theres allways some special lucky one, who gets 2 in 10tries. Interesting.

Archived