Why so many ppl left BNS ?

XxTenkoSlavexX

5 minutes ago, Vimi said:

I want the game to be fun, not a daily chore I have to force myself through.

You can also "take holydays from your work in the world of Blade and Soul. Instead of killing mobs and doing Dailys you can also go swim, help the ppl in windrest, travel along the world, chatting with other players and etc.".

But this will never happen and nobody will do it either...^^

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Raizou said:

You can also "take holydays from your work in the world of Blade and Soul. Instead of killing mobs and doing Dailys you can also go swim, help the ppl in windrest, travel along the world, chatting with other players and etc.".

But this will never happen and nobody will do it either...^^

if they rewards me i could do, because i have a character to upgrade

everyone has their reasons. some ppl leave become time constraints.

I took a break because of the annoying server/ping issues. It makes no sense at all with all the p2w whales that they can't afford to rent or host servers that aren't trash. And when you use a vpn or wtfast to get around using bns trash servers you get no chat:(

some people quit because of the grind of leveling alts since class balance is so screwed up.

so many issues its hard to pinpoint the main one that is causing such a decline in the player base

On 9/22/2016 at 9:32 AM, DrowningEarth said:

This has been one of my longest standing complaints with the game. The mechanics are unintuitive for the most part. It feels less like a "boss fight" and more like a round of Simon Says with some button mash thrown in. DT just takes it to an extraordinary level of stupid.

THIS.

I think this game does not understand the true meaning of "action oriented combat".

True "action oriented combat", or "skill based combat", is something like DMC, or even Castlevania boss fights. It's based on reflexes and timing, NOT some silly mechanics you have to memorize but becomes trivial after 10 runs or so. BnS combat = boss telegraphs some move -> go hit a switch -> boss telegraphs another move -> run somewhere -> rinse and repeat. Yeah literally a game of simon says.

Mmmm I just came back after months to check on the state of the game. Was mostly curious about the boting situation.

The main reason I left mainly because updates were too quick and I felt like I had to constantly log on and grind if I wanted to stay up to date with gear. The second reason was my closest friend who played the game left due to the first reason. Thirdly and to a lesser extent the bots were annoying and depressing to play with.

I am curious though what gearing up looks like now. I hate feeling pressured to log in to stay up to date with gear. Though, modern day MMOs suffer this in general as gear has been made more accessible but gear is constantly rotated out for better gear to keep people grinding.

The reason I am about to leave it is two-fold.  One, I need soulstones.  Two, I have to do the idiotic jumping Old Man Cho piles of dung quests if I am not PVPing which of course I can't because I can't upgrade my gear because ...  endless loop.

It's the same old story yet again for yet another MMO. The company keeps making the same grievous mistakes and players leave. Time and time again, MMOs get a bad reputation or even die and it is always a l w a y s because of the people managing the game. There is a point where you can not recover. Look at the hate Trion gets.

For me it's hard not to take it personally. I waited years. Kept checking the site for any updates and there was no change. No news. This was the first real sign that NCSoft was not taking the release of BnS in the west seriously. They literally sat on it. For far far to long. Then it finally released and was already half a decade old. Mistake #1.

Then the terrible servers and how you almost need to pay a sub to a vpn to fix the connection to the servers because it was unplayable if you didn't. Since I could not justify paying for such a service and living in the same state as the servers... well. Mistake # 2. They skimped on network and server cost to save a buck so they could quickly cash in on mistake #1 before all the players wised up and left.

Then, they paywalled a key feature of the game (Wardrobe) that is ffa in all the other regions. Pay vpn sub, pay game sub, pay for outfits. Pay pay pay. No no no. Mistake # 3. Greed. If I have to pay a sub to have access to a key feature of the game than I won't spend any other money on literally anything else at all ever. This is why it is FFA in the other regions. Because it is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. Also again... a key feature of the gd game. If you don't agree, you are very wrong. Start a new character. Watch the intro. Notice the very first name that shows up. This was a BIG mistake.

Mistake #4. Treating the game as nothing more than a stupid korean mmo to quickly make a buck on off of dumb mmo players and watch die instead of a game with actual e-sports potential. Arena sucks for us in the US. See mistake #2. They had a golden egg in their hands with BnS and they threw it all away. Zero problem addressed. Exploits abound. Bots run rampant. They don't care. Why spend time and money fixing anything when it was just a quick cash in in the first place? That would cut into profit margins. No... lets do nothing instead.

Mistake #5. Who is to blame? Is it NCWest that thinks its smart to have outfit rotations and thinks that arbitrarily limiting access to outfits so strictly that players will sit around weeks and months for the 1-2 costumes they really want to buy to rotate into the shop? I mean... woooow. Players are there with money ready to be given and they stop players from giving them money? lol... Stupid fails to describe it. But does KR tell them to do it or threaten to fire them or is it NCWEst that decided to pay wall a key game feature? So mistake #5 is hard to pin down. Either NCWest won't stand up to the big guys and tell them they're killing their own game with their idiotic bs or NCWest is run by a pile of rocks with googly eyes stuck to them.

RiP Blade and Soul. You could have been big.

2 hours ago, Ghennkins said:

It's the same old story yet again for yet another MMO. The company keeps making the same grievous mistakes and players leave. Time and time again, MMOs get a bad reputation or even die and it is always a l w a y s because of the people managing the game. There is a point where you can not recover. Look at the hate Trion gets.

For me it's hard not to take it personally. I waited years. Kept checking the site for any updates and there was no change. No news. This was the first real sign that NCSoft was not taking the release of BnS in the west seriously. They literally sat on it. For far far to long. Then it finally released and was already half a decade old. Mistake #1.

Then the terrible servers and how you almost need to pay a sub to a vpn to fix the connection to the servers because it was unplayable if you didn't. Since I could not justify paying for such a service and living in the same state as the servers... well. Mistake # 2. They skimped on network and server cost to save a buck so they could quickly cash in on mistake #1 before all the players wised up and left.

Then, they paywalled a key feature of the game (Wardrobe) that is ffa in all the other regions. Pay vpn sub, pay game sub, pay for outfits. Pay pay pay. No no no. Mistake # 3. Greed. If I have to pay a sub to have access to a key feature of the game than I won't spend any other money on literally anything else at all ever. This is why it is FFA in the other regions. Because it is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. Also again... a key feature of the gd game. If you don't agree, you are very wrong. Start a new character. Watch the intro. Notice the very first name that shows up. This was a BIG mistake.

Mistake #4. Treating the game as nothing more than a stupid korean mmo to quickly make a buck on off of dumb mmo players and watch die instead of a game with actual e-sports potential. Arena sucks for us in the US. See mistake #2. They had a golden egg in their hands with BnS and they threw it all away. Zero problem addressed. Exploits abound. Bots run rampant. They don't care. Why spend time and money fixing anything when it was just a quick cash in in the first place? That would cut into profit margins. No... lets do nothing instead.

Mistake #5. Who is to blame? Is it NCWest that thinks its smart to have outfit rotations and thinks that arbitrarily limiting access to outfits so strictly that players will sit around weeks and months for the 1-2 costumes they really want to buy to rotate into the shop? I mean... woooow. Players are there with money ready to be given and they stop players from giving them money? lol... Stupid fails to describe it. But does KR tell them to do it or threaten to fire them or is it NCWEst that decided to pay wall a key game feature? So mistake #5 is hard to pin down. Either NCWest won't stand up to the big guys and tell them they're killing their own game with their idiotic bs or NCWest is run by a pile of rocks with googly eyes stuck to them.

RiP Blade and Soul. You could have been big.

I agree with most, i got so sick of game after traveling merchant event, 120x coldstorage (buying resets throu ctrl+c) for damn dumb peridot. Also when you got legendary, it becomes just grind for stupid rng premium trans stones. Bots, ssp hackers, hell spammers. I quit right before soulfighter came up.

I tried to return to A, which i played 3years, didnt work, after month, meh bleh. I tried to return to B, week chance, no go. I tried to return to C, exactly same.

Then i tried some new mmo with mounts, and crappiest combat ever seen, and such horrendous p2w, and even from launch most toxic comunity i seen.

After month (in total 2-3months pause) i decided to return, started new weak toon, letting my 690ap warlock dormant.

I must say, i am happy that i did. Leveling is total trash, solo, but its pretty fast and easy now.

There are no bots, i didnt see any for 3weeks what i am back. Theres like 1/10of spam compared to past.

There are things which lessen insane grind needed, and more comes soon, jewellery getting way cheaper. Sadly this also caused crash of market with stingers, so grinding dungeons doesnt really bring much income now, just rng of radiant essence, and superbad rng of offals and some rare things. Its ok, its all bearable.

Sadly what happened, and is worst, community getting more and more toxic, its disgusting, 90perc experience in f8 as lowbie, are etreme frustrating.

What we farmed with 490ap 4man runs, now is 6man minimum 600ap or gtfo, you have sticker on your head low ap trash! thats how i felt when i was gearing my new main. She is quite strong now, but... what the hell is with this people, they do it also themselves. No income of new players, you will be alone soon. 3 servers merged, and theres fewer people everywhere. Half problem was extreme hard gearing up, this is now solved, ncsoft did their part, but bns comunity oh my. Example: 700ap guy makes pug asura6 500+, it takes half hour to fill up, 630ap guy makes 650+++++++++++ and it fills in few seconds. I believe people have some ###### in their heads or something.

Well... i am happy game got better technically, way better(you can ignore cashgrab events, exactly same as you ignore ads in tv or on the street), but comunity got more toxic, its (i repeat) disgusting.

I wonder why, game with mounts very similar producer, famous with p2w, both producing years old korean game, and both games have worst comunity ever, compared to others (no its not internet). Its very similar.

But either way, i am happy that i am back in bns, cause for me its still best choice atm, from all others. 

Depends which genre and even in the same genre your taste plays a role.

I like the combat and asian artwork in BnS.

Only good asian developer/publisher I know is Square enix.

Rest of the developers that care about the western market are located in Western countries like Blizzard/Arenanet. Their MMO's don't have much asian influences aesthetically and the combat is still far away from BnS combat. They do really listen to the community and can make changes without the approval of some Asian company.

When an Asian mmo is being published by a Western company, there will always be a bottleneck with making changes and getting approval.

36 minutes ago, luzt said:

Depends which genre and even in the same genre your taste plays a role.

I like the combat and asian artwork in BnS.

Only good asian developer/publisher I know is Square enix.

Rest of the developers that care about the western market are located in Western countries like Blizzard/Arenanet. Their MMO's don't have much asian influences aesthetically and the combat is still far away from BnS combat. They do really listen to the community and can make changes without the approval of some Asian company.

When an Asian mmo is being published by a Western company, there will always be a bottleneck with making changes and getting approval.

yes well asian games are grindy, have rng everywhere, boxes, chances of this and this... no problem with that. What makes thou bns comunity so cancerous, just makes me wonder. Its most probably total crap lobby, without any evidence how skilled people are and p2w noobs with 600-700ap fail everything, its how game is built, ninjaing from others, etc. Or they are all just annoyed that they spent so much and they dont wanna quit, so they are so poisonous lol. I dont know.

Icarus also leads people to ninja tame heroic mounts from others like dirtiest ### and comunity is also nice trash. Never seen this in gw2 or tera, people are 99perc extreme nice and helpful. Not this.

Example Tera - rookie in party - buff loot, buff them. Full party = bonus loot. Inspectable skilled status with given dungeon. Ilvl, which tells you way more than single one AP lol stat. Minimal ilvl for dungeon entry. Bonus rewards for clicking LFP and finishing with random pickup. Asian mmo, never seen such toxicity.

Where come this noobs from - necro 6 superfast run 650++++++++++++++ when necro is timegated, cores cant be done faster and boss takes max 2,5min lol. What is this. Theres no difference if it is 500 or 650party. Who makes this trend, is very hard for me to understand. If it would be labeled 450ap dungeon, if there would be buff drops if you go with rookies, etcetc, might be way better.

look at lfg window 

650+ or kick no exception

650+ or gtfo

for 500ap dungeons, some can be faster, some not, but in this parties usually 2ppl just afk, because its so ridiculous, that in the end it ends same as 550 clear speed. 

Run with guild or friends - is not answer for newbies, is not answer for normal player who sometimes plays at different times than guild active time, etc.

Point is, if there wont be income of new players, those few 750++++++++++++++++++++++++ or kick whales will be playing alone, soon. In last 2months population loosened 3x. Merged servers less population than one server before.  And thats long after initial peak boom was gone.

I think 6v6 is worth playing during this event, but when it ends, it will be dead again. the rewards during "normal non-event time" are so poor. what worries me is where the game is going with the "legendary non-existent loot" which only extremely lucky players are getting. it feels so unfair when someone has to do 180+ runs of the same dungeon and get the same reward as a person who did 3 runs and just got lucky. there is nothing legendary about that. stop with stupid rng on gear :/

I was a really active player and community member for months after launch but I stopped playing several months ago for the reasons others already explained. It's boring, that's all. The fighting gameplay is interesting but not used at all so the vast majority of the content is extremely boring and just a DPS check. To progress in the game, you have to do the same DPS check hundreds of times in a row in order to get one or two stuff enhancements. Which allows you to... try another DPS check! There is no real progression feeling (that's the difference with other games), you just farm to get a better gear to farm more. And if you can't play 10 hours a day, you have to use your credit card to keep your stuff up-to-date. On top of that, the game is extremely alt unfriendly.

I spent a lot of time on all of my characters so I really want to come back and to play again with them, but I just can't find the motivation. I know that if I come back, it will be to once again farm the same brainless content for hours without any real objective in the game other than "farm to get stuff to farm more". So I just can't play again seriously. At most I log in a few hours a month to wander with my characters, that's it. I've put another MMO on hold for a lot longer (FF) and started playing again, and it's just not the same thing at all. I can make several alt classes easily (and a lot of players do), I have a lot of reasonable daily and weekly objectives and the stuff progression is just smoother and a lot more user friendly (and it evolves with the content really faster than in B&S), with a lot of really different and more interesting content and hard end-game content as a long-term objective. Even with an initially less interesting gameplay, it's overall a lot more enjoyable and interesting. B&S is just too close to its Korean roots and is not designed to be enjoyable and user friendly. If a game is not enjoyable, the majority of players will quit, and only a few hardcore gamers will stay. It will be enough for the game to stay alive for a little while because those whales keep paying their costumes and other chests, but it most likely won't work for years.

5 hours ago, Fael said:

I was a really active player and community member for months after launch but I stopped playing several months ago for the reasons others already explained. It's boring, that's all. The fighting gameplay is interesting but not used at all so the vast majority of the content is extremely boring and just a DPS check. To progress in the game, you have to do the same DPS check hundreds of times in a row in order to get one or two stuff enhancements. Which allows you to... try another DPS check! There is no real progression feeling (that's the difference with other games), you just farm to get a better gear to farm more. And if you can't play 10 hours a day, you have to use your credit card to keep your stuff up-to-date. On top of that, the game is extremely alt unfriendly.

I spent a lot of time on all of my characters so I really want to come back and to play again with them, but I just can't find the motivation. I know that if I come back, it will be to once again farm the same brainless content for hours without any real objective in the game other than "farm to get stuff to farm more". So I just can't play again seriously. At most I log in a few hours a month to wander with my characters, that's it. I've put another MMO on hold for a lot longer (FF) and started playing again, and it's just not the same thing at all. I can make several alt classes easily (and a lot of players do), I have a lot of reasonable daily and weekly objectives and the stuff progression is just smoother and a lot more user friendly (and it evolves with the content really faster than in B&S), with a lot of really different and more interesting content and hard end-game content as an long-term objective. Even with an initially less interesting gameplay, it's overall a lot more enjoyable and interesting. B&S is just too close to its Korean roots and is not designed to be enjoyable and user friendly. If a game is not enjoyable, the majority of players will quit, and only a few hardcore gamers will stay. It will be enough for the game to stay alive for a little while because those whales keep paying their costumes and other chests, but it most likely won't work for years.

Yup.  It's unfortunate that the dev team and NCWest localisation team can't seem to capture the feel of progression from the leveling part of the game.  Rewards were dealt out more regularly and you got  the feeling every day of accomplishing something even if you didn't spend all day playing.  Now it's just endless grind to get itty bitty progress in progressing your gear and even smaller amounts for HM levels.  It's been said many times that monotonous, repetitive tasks that give no meaningful progression makes a game feel like work.  Not working toward and regularly achieving goals but just endlessly rolling a stone up an ever steeper hill.  The WK's will defend it all and say we want something for nothing, but the rest of us know that isn't true.  We just want better realized and achievable goals without everything being unnecessarily grind gated to encourage spending money to avoid it.  

This was a great game for a time, and I feel it could be again but the people in charge are going to have to make more concessions to folks who are heavily discouraged by the current way things are set up.  They have made some baby steps like what is planned on the 5th of next month, but much more needs to be done to make this game FUN again.  And BTW, there is nothing fun about the way this game handles the many many things that are RNG gated (unless you are one of the lucky few blessed by RNGesus).  There is also nothing fun about competing with players who pay their way to the top.  This has created a toxic elitist community where the haves constantly exclude the trying to haves.  If NC (East and West) can't see that and feel the need to do something to bring these groups together then there truly is no hope for this game's future.

Roughly in severity order:

- Atrocious grind

- Censorship

- Atrocious grind

- Melee classes are *cricket*ed up and at a tremendous disadvantage to ranged ones.

- Atrocious grind

- P2W

- Atrocious grind

- Alt unfriendly

- Atrocious grind

- Unbalanced pvp

- Atrocious grind

- Lack of too many basic quality of life features (shared wardrobe, shared bank and so on)

- Atrocious grind

Edit: I forgot "atrocious grind".

On 9/21/2016 at 0:03 AM, XxTenkoSlavexX said:

I just want to listen what you guys are thinking about this topic. Because I'm curious why some ppl said this game sucks and some ppl are defending this game.

Tabasco here. I typically just spectate these threads and keep going, but for once I feel like sharing a perspective. Forgive me, this is a maximum-strength text wall, but then again I rarely say anything so here goes lol.

On 9/24/2016 at 1:31 AM, babeln said:

Sadly what happened, and is worst, community getting more and more toxic, its disgusting, 90perc experience in f8 as lowbie, are etreme frustrating.

What we farmed with 490ap 4man runs, now is 6man minimum 600ap or gtfo, you have sticker on your head low ap trash! thats how i felt when i was gearing my new main. She is quite strong now, but... what the hell is with this people, they do it also themselves. No income of new players, you will be alone soon. 3 servers merged, and theres fewer people everywhere. Half problem was extreme hard gearing up, this is now solved, ncsoft did their part, but bns comunity oh my. Example: 700ap guy makes pug asura6 500+, it takes half hour to fill up, 630ap guy makes 650+++++++++++ and it fills in few seconds. I believe people have some ###### in their heads or something.

Well... i am happy game got better technically, way better(you can ignore cashgrab events, exactly same as you ignore ads in tv or on the street), but comunity got more toxic, its (i repeat) disgusting.

I wonder why, game with mounts very similar producer, famous with p2w, both producing years old korean game, and both games have worst comunity ever, compared to others (no its not internet). Its very similar.

You have got to understand, and realize that the segment of people you're referring to no longer have fun in the game. For those people this mmo is no longer entertaining. The veil of immersion and context is rescinded, and the value of patience and kindness has eroded. This behaviour is no mystery, but i'll save that discussion for a different post...

It can be useful to try to visualize the community by their perceived behaviour toward each other. Helpful players, humorous players, listless players, nonplussed players, disengaged players, malicious players --and non-player-character players.(bots) As it turns out, your experience with F8 is an informal method of shedding light onto how large each segment of the community was for you at that time.

I believe that what you saw is the end result of a community migrating toward the disengaged segment of the spectrum. the over powered group fills quickly, while the others take forever to begin.

That's because too many of the people who still log in to this game no longer want to play it. Attack power is the metric associated with success, and success means less time spent on the game. Because time spent playing the game is time LOST. It is the mindset of a person tired of running the same instance ad infinitum. For these people the payoff in Blade and Soul has become disassociated with the gameplay in Blade and Soul. Until NCWest solves this problem, the paradigm will. Never. Change.

But does it need to change?
Blade and Soul is a strikingly traditional gear treadmill mmo. Get things, to do things, to get things, to do things etc. Level requirements, stat requirements are static. New things become relevant, old things become irrelevant. You want things, because wanting things is the avenue through which entertainment is derived.

This works, and there is nothing wrong with it. Though if that is true where's the problem?

In the months since this game has launched, we have already experienced several content updates worth of game play. Gameplay that was originally delivered in the form of progression capstones that may have lasted upwards of a year each time. (Someone correct me here, I don't know the exact cadence the KR version has been following) The equipment grind was calibrated for the original length of each of these episodes.

In my opinion the problem is that grind has not been successfully re-calibrated for the shorter episode cadence we will experience here in NA/EU until we are caught up with the current content. These capstones are being delivered like regular patches, --our time to enjoy them is compressed-- resulting in an immense time sink for anyone who wants to stay current. The experience of grind to attain gear that feels satisfying is exacerbated. Exacerbation leads to fragmentation. Fragmentation leads to exhaustion and attrition, and a dozen categories of players that I'm sure I don't need to list.

So what to do about it? I could write chapters, but I think I'll just stick to one of the problems I enumerated, and just one solution and leave the rest for some other text wall.

If NCWest wants to treat these content capstones as if they were common patches, then I feel they ought to re-calibrate the material grind to reflect it right out of the gate. Don't compress up to a year's worth of grind into a couple of months. There have been too many casualties to the player base (every single person I know included), people who felt the treadmill had no payoff because the pseudo-endgame kept teleporting further and further away. And it will continue to be a pseudo-endgame until we reach, what... act VII? ..When the game finally FINALLY stabilizes and the true current endgame content is available, and the normal content cadence is revealed.

:S

My two cents, anyway.

*returns to spectator mode*

On 25. 9. 2016 at 1:38 AM, Tabasco said:

Tabasco here. I typically just spectate these threads and keep going, but for once I feel like sharing a perspective. Forgive me, this is a maximum-strength text wall, but then again I rarely say anything so here goes lol.

You have got to understand, and realize that the segment of people you're referring to no longer have fun in the game. For those people this mmo is no longer entertaining. The veil of immersion and context is rescinded, and the value of patience and kindness has eroded. This behaviour is no mystery, but i'll save that discussion for a different post...

It can be useful to try to visualize the community by their perceived behaviour toward each other. Helpful players, humorous players, listless players, nonplussed players, disengaged players, malicious players --and non-player-character players.(bots) As it turns out, your experience with F8 is an informal method of shedding light onto how large each segment of the community was for you at that time.

I believe that what you saw is the end result of a community migrating toward the disengaged segment of the spectrum. the over powered group fills quickly, while the others take forever to begin.

That's because too many of the people who still log in to this game no longer want to play it. Attack power is the metric associated with success, and success means less time spent on the game. Because time spent playing the game is time LOST. It is the mindset of a person tired of running the same instance ad infinitum. For these people the payoff in Blade and Soul has become disassociated with the gameplay in Blade and Soul. Until NCWest solves this problem, the paradigm will. Never. Change.

But does it need to change?
Blade and Soul is a strikingly traditional gear treadmill mmo. Get things, to do things, to get things, to do things etc. Level requirements, stat requirements are static. New things become relevant, old things become irrelevant. You want things, because wanting things is the avenue through which entertainment is derived.

This works, and there is nothing wrong with it. Though if that is true where's the problem?

In the months since this game has launched, we have already experienced several content updates worth of game play. Gameplay that was originally delivered in the form of progression capstones that may have lasted upwards of a year each time. (Someone correct me here, I don't know the exact cadence the KR version has been following) The equipment grind was calibrated for the original length of each of these episodes.

In my opinion the problem is that grind has not been successfully re-calibrated for the shorter episode cadence we will experience here in NA/EU until we are caught up with the current content. These capstones are being delivered like regular patches, --our time to enjoy them is compressed-- resulting in an immense time sink for anyone who wants to stay current. The experience of grind to attain gear that feels satisfying is exacerbated. Exacerbation leads to fragmentation. Fragmentation leads to exhaustion and attrition, and a dozen categories of players that I'm sure I don't need to list.

So what to do about it? I could write chapters, but I think I'll just stick to one of the problems I enumerated, and just one solution and leave the rest for some other text wall.

If NCWest wants to treat these content capstones as if they were common patches, then I feel they ought to re-calibrate the material grind to reflect it right out of the gate. Don't compress up to a year's worth of grind into a couple of months. There have been too many casualties to the player base (every single person I know included), people who felt the treadmill had no payoff because the pseudo-endgame kept teleporting further and further away. And it will continue to be a pseudo-endgame until we reach, what... act VII? ..When the game finally FINALLY stabilizes and the true current endgame content is available, and the normal content cadence is revealed.

:S

My two cents, anyway.

*returns to spectator mode*

OK thats exhausting answer, and mostly you are right.

After month i managed to push my new main to 650+++++++++++ ap (lol quoting f8 requirements for almost anything, even necro 6 sometimes)

And behold what the hell.

For me it was usual to farm asura4 580ap was pretty smooth run, today 630+++++ 650+++++++ pugs fail fail fail at gen and ken. With these ap values (with my old main) we were farming asura 3man, flawless speed runs.

So its kind of strange measurement of success, and it means totally nothing. Problem is that you can get 650ap pretty soon now, it took me month, didnt spent penny, used 3 hongmoon hexa gems from my old main, and had like 500g to start, most of which i spent for some outfits and stuff. Oh and it would take me way less if i didnt care about perfect stats, max fuses on best roll soulshields, using asura bracelet instead of ap bloating evolution one etc.

Causal player, who pours not so much real money into game, would make it even sooner, many of these have like 4k crits 1600crit damage, and know nothing about mechanics, they are used to do 6-0 from 6man. Other dungeons as well.

F8 answers to this with even higher ap demands, which is uber ridiculous - see Tomb6 700+++++++ (80perc tomb pug demands) in dungeon which is breeze for 600ap group, only needs brain.

At least for tomb people try to solve issue with linking achievements, which almost never works, people simply dont link anything, or troll it.

Ammount of P2W (oh yes its P2P sure sure) in bns causes endless inflation of demands, and decreases quality of all runs. And ncsoft never fails with new and new cashgrab events, they are so good in this, sadly other areas of their effort, fixing stuff etc, kinda sucks.

Inspectable skilled status in lobby (10+runs f.e.),

bonus rewards for finishing dungeon through LFP,

bonus stats or free res to rookies,

increased drops with rookie in party

recommended ap for dungeon etc. 

Small qol improvements, which would absolute change this mess, and other games have it. Problem is - it doesnt bring money to ncsoft, on the contrary, f8 700++++++++ trend only plays in goldseller and cashgrab event cards.

For me, and many people, having at least bit pleasant social enviroment, would mean alot. Im not saying this is only reason, why people quit, but one of them, and important. People play mmos because they are social.

4clans i been in, all lvl 15, famous, all dead, friendlist 45 people, 4 active playing now, after less than 3 months away from game. Visibly less population on 3merged servers, than on single one before.

10 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

People leave because they dont like it or wanna do something else. No need to try to tell everyone always how bad the game might be. I also dont like everything on earth but I dont whine about every shit like some people here do.

but this thread is about why they dont like it

Archived