Why so many ppl left BNS ?

XxTenkoSlavexX

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

People get bored -> people leave its the same in any other game. Ofc a lot of players left after the hype during release for various reasons.

The ones that like this game stay and play and defend it, the ones who decided to leave, left, or troll on forums still.

Totally. Players didnt know what they were getting into and got their hopes crushed. Overhype didnt help. Most other players who stay probably are vets of other servers. We're here cus we can play our classes better with better ping. Altho there are still unexplainable lag spikes and combat lag. 

Cant blame them for leaving if they did not get what they were looking for. The problem is that there was overestimated value for new players/new to bns to believe in, in the first place. 

3 hours ago, HateMe said:

10. Deal with it thats the game design.  Its the same in all other versions.

This. THIS. THIIIIISSSS. why hasnt a thread been spammed about this? There's 50 threads about griefing bns and its faults that na wont accept. 

Like no threads about, wake up and smell the coffee, where were you when bns was f2p (and everyone celebrated). Before the f2p asian servers u only had the p2p kr server. 

I dunno, im like, if you complain about bns for such popular reasons, you may very well be a bns virgin. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. But keep in mind or even acknowledge that there is value that other players find and love bns for. 

Those players that have CHOSEN to play despite the ping frustration, thet language barriers, and game design. They blessed the day NA was announced. Cus we can finally play with better ping/not hav to be bilingual or use google translate. Cus, we enjoy the game as it is. The added assistance from the na devs is the cherry on top. We dont get handouts in the asian servers from the devs, cus we cant even complain. 

Just, acknowledge that this game is not totally value-less. For some, we stay with this game for the things we've loved from time in memorial and have compromised with things MUCH WORSE than the issues in NA bns. This game wasnt for you bcus it wasnt a customer friendly design as would be fruitful for an american playerbase. This game is not an american game and cannot totally change to meet american valued expectations. Note, these expectations are what make the gaming evolution great because in america games profit by listening to players. 

But this isnt the game to look for that, sadly. NA developers can only do so much. They already have to negotiate with kr to implement some of the changes. They cant just boss kr around. Nor do they hav that much control over the game mechanics. (I think? Is rng specific to the regional developers or the head source in kr only)

I think people have a serious reading comprehension problem! The initial thread was as to why people left the game However must of you are replying with new changes made to the game, future updates,etc etc. Completely missed the point in the beginning.

A MAssive amount of people left when we had the premium queues, tons of people left because it was ridiculously long wait times. It lasted about 2 weeks. Then we still have the same issues since beta, Game servers are not up to the task. Server delays, ping, lag, skill delays, fps drops, etc. Then we have class imbalances, although that is a MMO issue rather than just this game. Multiple game modes requires a general class balance but then again, this is p2w game so its not happening, ever.

Then we go to the general complains of the game, farmiville 2.0 dungeon run master online, etc, etc. You need pve to pvp, you need pvp to pve, equipment upgrades are to expensive and since the question was  in reference to the past I'm referring as to how it was before not as what we have now, dummies. That is why people left. Also, they kept adding content and more content before people could catch up to the event. That is why the treasure troves were so successful because people knew they were behind and needed to upgrade asap. They created a wall that became a problem and "created" a solution involving money $$$. Scummy business practices in mi opinion. Even with the current changes to upgrades we still have the same problem, the rng, the lack of stat alternatives, the low stat gain per upgrade, etc, etc. NO matter how you look at it, if you don't like rng this is not the game for you since everything is rng,  premium stones, gem slots, dungeon runs, shield fusion, stat unsealing,  etc etc

2 hours ago, KzE said:

The majority is rly far from legendary.

I really doubt that. You probably don't go to WWV or SSP very often. And if you do, you're probably not above silver rank or simply a low-level guy or someone who doesn't check your party members' gears.

People leaving due to waiting to get in game is a lame excuse, if they was truly passionate about the game that would not have bothered them. But have to admit it NCWest did underestimate how popular this game was and did not have things in place to cope with such influx at launch.

As for grinding ect it's an asian mmorpg they are all the same that's the way they like them that's way I like them it's never going to change whatever game you go to the grind to progress is good you feel you have actually acheived something. RNG again it's the way asian mmorpg's are don't like it then don't play asian mmorps.

Fast content release's this was down to the community they complained so much they wanted content out, then the same people cry over or have quit they are the one's who brought it on themselves.  Just think that KR had the game way back and got content over years not in less than 9month's

Those who have stuck it out from CBT,OBT to launch you will find a lot of them knew what was coming due to playing on kr,jp,ch servers and they also had the advantage to know which item's would be required for upgrades ect.

To many people want it easy mode if not that's why many left it's not a console game you can play and win in a few hour's, mmorpg's are meant to be about longevity,teamwork, progression by how much you put into the game.

Yes all the trove event's and money event's have hit the game hard sadly it has done the most damage over all, but again it was player's who brought it on themselves because they wanted it easy mode.

Last thing server's are poor but that's NCWest for you they don't want to spend the money to have decent server's they will keep the game going milk it as much as possible then close it down, game is old by todays standard but is still one of if not the best out there in it's class.

So yes NCWest has to shoulder some of blame but also those who demanded,begged,whined for game change's also have  lot to blamed for.

1 hour ago, xxxAoi said:

I really doubt that. You probably don't go to WWV or SSP very often. And if you do, you're probably not above silver rank or simply a low-level guy or someone who doesn't check your party members' gears.

And do you think that same 50-60ppl on SSP is the majority? Low AP ppl does not even go there, because they do not get anything. WWV is the same. Ofc the high ranks are legendaries... thats why they are there. But you will have right soon, everyone below legendary will give up and leave.

21 minutes ago, KzE said:

And do you think that same 50-60ppl on SSP is the majority? WWV is the same. Ofc the high ranks are legendaries... thats why they are there. But you will have right soon, everyone below legendary will give up and leave soon.

The reason why I gave ranking on WWV or SSP as an example is because we have more people with HM10+ now compared when NA/EU was fairly new. High level = Old players = More chances to have higher rank. And yet, you still want gearing fast-paced? Really? With the reduced costs now, wouldn't that suffice to cope with the content? Not sure what you're trying to pull here. Players can have 50HM4 by the time they finish the main quest up to this point. Pretty much a complete newcomer can have a legendary in a couple of months unlike before when you have to grind everyday to get a legendary weapon in 4-5 months and shell out cash.

Some people had already mentioned this but the hype train is long gone yet the game is still alive. People just have short attention span because they are enticed by other games that have the same setup as BnS. And guess what? It's another P2W lol.

5 hours ago, KzE said:

Then make gearing fast-paced too.

3 hours ago, KzE said:

The majority is rly far from legendary.

Guess I'll be that "1%" to whomever stated to someone that the reason why they left was because they were bored is not true or whatever.

I left a long time ago and came back recently simply because I was bored.  Not like I even did the most hardest dungeons out there or pvp like a madman.  Did not care about rng or p2w crap cause I've seen a lot worse in other games and this ain't nothin.  So I left, came back, and having a good time.  Can't complain.  I think the greatest time I have on B&S is trolling the forums.  Too bad I'm just not giving a crap about it like I used to since I'm usually in game, but I sometimes come and check these forums to see the usual crap I've seen in 40584085048504850485084 other games.  I can find the same topic on Black Desert's forums or any other forum for a game in a heartbeat.

Think some folks just need to take a long break and come back, but of course they wont' do it and will complain via forums.  And if you're one of those who left the game and continue to troll the forums, well......seems like you got your priorities mixed up since that got old for me after a few wks lol.  So its like everyone else said, typical hype > boredom > go to next game > come back > boredom > go to next game > hype > go back to game > boredom > go to next game 

The only reason I get on is to enjoy the story. I'm not into PVP or grinding dungeons. My main is level 50 HM 1. EZ mode summoner. I tried the new soul fighter class for fun. I was in a guild for a while. They were into grinds and working on getting guild outfits. Too much for me to deal with. So now I work on coding a Minecraft mod, watching anime, and dropping into Tera, or BnS for the heck of it sometimes.

21 minutes ago, KzE said:

Yes.

50 stingers,30 moonstones,50 soulstones, 5 ornaments / hour would be a nice start.

Sounds like something that would be suited for private servers but not for official. Though 50 soulstones an hour is understatement due to SSP, and you can make way more than 30 moonstones an hour with good luck but I guess people wouldn't be interested because hey that actually would require playing the game.

13 hours ago, Talinoth said:

I mainly left because I couldn't stand my 250-300ms ping from Australia.

Pvp was challenging but still fun, but what really screwed me is Infinite Tower, which you pretty much can't do well in unless you have low ping and you don't run into AI summoners.

I also HATED the addition of the DPS meter - I can't do any more than 15k dps with 687 AP, 61% crit chance and 210% or so crit damage. Meanwhile I've run into warlocks with 600 AP who can do 17k dps easily, and FMs with the same stats as me who do 20-22k dps. It's utterly unbearable to feel so slow and useless even after putting in the same amount of work as them.

Also, the new dungeon, Desolate Tomb, feels really gimmicky. It feels like it just has arbitrary mechanics just for the sake of having arbitrary mechanics, and I'm not sure how it makes for a fun fight when you have to read a guide to people for half an hour each time you try and do a dungeon. The cash reward doesn't match the trickiness/arbitrarily unforgiving nature of the dungeon - completion should reward at least 10-15 gold, no buts, no questions.

It also doesn't help that my guild disbanded not that long ago, and now I don't have any dedicated teammates to work with anymore. I didn't even really like the game that much these past few months, I just stayed because I really liked the people I played with. Now that they're gone, there's nothing left for me here.

Even if I tried joining another guild, I've been gone for a month or so now, and 687 AP is probably considered substandard by now. 15k dps is also pretty pathetic, and I'm not sure anyone would take in an Australian FM, even if they were familiar with all the dungeon mechanics.

Awww don't be too discouraged! I also play an FM with the same ping range as you. It's tough to compete with players from NA. Comparing FM vs FM they literally fire off more skills than we can in the same time frame. Of course we will lose. Just know that you have done the best that your ping allows. Ignore the haters if they give you shit. And your gear is far from substandard. Which server group are you in?

15 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Thats dishonest and you know that they leave because rng is hard and game right now sucks, to say they got bored is an understatement  they got bored for a reason

1. Weapon upgrade costs are lowered but over 50%, accessories will be lowered after october 5th (True)

2. You now get the weapons you need through quests and surveys. (Thats semi dishonest you only get this up to moonwater and barely silverfrost this still does not help the community)

3. Barely see any bots anymore and spammers, its a cintinuous battle with them not something they can fix.(Lies,Lies and more Lies the game is basically bots gone wild)

4. Exactly what support do u expect? (umm IDK maybe the kind of support that sticks with you to make sure the problem is resolved)

5. Just because you have ping spikes does not mean its the server. 9/10 times its your ISP and not the server. Other games being fine does not mean anything. (This is garbage my isp invest millions of dollars in infrastructure and you telling me this rag tag dev team game is messing that up lol, also LOL so the isp only craps up internet for when he plays bns only huh?)

6. As in any other game. (No this games rng event is terrible and is literally theft in a sense)

7. Long and behold, its the internet! (True)

8. Super easy to gear up an alt, i know cause i started one 2 weeks ago and am 50 hm6 with true oath accessories and true scorpio wep, and i didnt even have much gold. (This is such a lie its not even funny unless you spent money on gold you couldn't have done this.)

9. The game is from 2007/2009 dont expect wonders. (I expect less garbage in a video game)

10. Deal with it thats the game design.  Its the same in all other versions. (No I don't have to deal with it the players are leaving and the devs are starting to listen to the player base       :)

2. Silverfrost is still current conetnt. do you expect people to get everything hadnded to them? You already burst through super fast when leveling. I was level 47-48 in my alt when i entered moonwater area.

3. Its not lies. I occasionally see 1 bot spamming every 2 days as opposed to 15-20. also dont see them as much in mistywoods anymore. There still are some but not to extent as before

4. You missunderstood my question. you said "Ncsoft support for the pvp community". What do you mean by that exactly?

5.Just because your ISP does that doesnt mean its not his fault. the spikes are on the connection route from your ISP to ncsofts ISP.

6. Every game has rng, you dont wanna know tera's loot boxes. and it is no theft. Its the game.

8. Spend no money on gold. The only thing i used money on were dragon pouches cause i needed the inventory space. The rest i leveled up just by playing and doing dungeons. If i would wait till 5th october i would prolly have true scorpio accessories aswel. Its much easier now that you think.

9. Old game = old engine = not everything can be optimized or fixed.

10. Yes you have to deal with it. You specifically mention bay Lee, well thats the game not gonna change, Dragon Pulse - you get autokicked on DC anyway so it does not matter anymore.

16 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

No I don't have to deal with it the players are leaving and the devs are starting to listen to the player base       :)

Luckily they are listening the reasonable players and not the people who would pretty much kill the game with their biased suggestions. Regardless there are and always will be leavers. The thing is who and how many are leaving. *cricket* off the paying player base with biased suggestion and there won't be a game to get fixed as there will not be any funds to it. Sad truth, isn't it? There is no such thing as free game as someone has to pay for it. Nothing is free in this world.

16 hours ago, Talinoth said:

Pvp was challenging but still fun, but what really screwed me is Infinite Tower, which you pretty much can't do well in unless you have low ping and you don't run into AI summoners.

I also HATED the addition of the DPS meter - I can't do any more than 15k dps with 687 AP, 61% crit chance and 210% or so crit damage. Meanwhile I've run into warlocks with 600 AP who can do 17k dps easily, and FMs with the same stats as me who do 20-22k dps. It's utterly unbearable to feel so slow and useless even after putting in the same amount of work as them.

Also, the new dungeon, Desolate Tomb, feels really gimmicky. It feels like it just has arbitrary mechanics just for the sake of having arbitrary mechanics, and I'm not sure how it makes for a fun fight when you have to read a guide to people for half an hour each time you try and do a dungeon. The cash reward doesn't match the trickiness/arbitrarily unforgiving nature of the dungeon - completion should reward at least 10-15 gold, no buts, no questions.

It also doesn't help that my guild disbanded not that long ago, and now I don't have any dedicated teammates to work with anymore. I didn't even really like the game that much these past few months, I just stayed because I really liked the people I played with. Now that they're gone, there's nothing left for me here.

Even if I tried joining another guild, I've been gone for a month or so now, and 687 AP is probably considered substandard by now. 15k dps is also pretty pathetic, and I'm not sure anyone would take in an Australian FM, even if they were familiar with all the dungeon mechanics.

I know that feel, bro. 

Dps, pvp, everything is about ping. Playing NA from EU, I was struggling to get to floor 30 TI. I just went to NA for a trip in beginning of September and got straight to floor 45 on a single attempt with crappy hotel's wifi, lol. The difference is insane. 

If you ask why NA and not EU, it's because I had an international clan. We started here and chose which best fits to everyone, but now, all quitted for other games and I'm only here because I don't have time to restart again.

Besides, pet is super p2w and it is killing 6v6, even for high gear ppl. I managed to get to 680 without spending a dime, but how am I supposed to deal with ppl with almost 800 AP, 100k+HP and full legendary and hepta gem? Even with 2k crit def, they melt me in a matter of seconds. And there, I'm hitting a wall, every small upgrade now requires an insane amount of money. It makes the daily income become insignificant, to the point that I do not want to farm anymore. I used to play a lot but now I'm only on for less than 2 hours a day.

17 hours ago, Talinoth said:

I get 350-500 ping so ToI is a nightmare and any arena is pointless. I never have done DT and I could easily. I don't even attempt 4 man becuase my ping is so bad I will be asked to leave. When you have 750ap and can't even hit 10k dps as a Sin it's embarrassing. 

I think a lot of people still play. Is it the same from launch of course not. I took a break myself not because I wasn't enjoying the game but because I was having a hard time finding a class to get into a groove with. I now have 3 50s (2 HM5, and HM6) my Destroyer is my main, but I wouldn't rule out leveling another character and even changing which is my main if I feel my style is better suited to another class. Waiting to see what the next class might be that they've hinted at.

I've seen threads though of people leaving because content was coming too fast. others where it's too slow. some just get bored and that doesn't mean BnS is doing something in theory just that they're doing something wrong for that person. sure the grind gets frustrating at times but a lot of games of some sort of grind in them. I'm not bothered by grind as long as what I'm doing is still fun and for the moment it is to me. But to others it equals boredom.

Archived