Sign in to follow this  
Raizou

Update "Ebondrake Citadel" (05.10.16)

Recommended Posts

KzE   
12 minutes ago, Raizou said:

- Accessory Evolution Discount

Finally something for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unicorns   

How much harder is citadel compared to tomb?
I remember people saying how almost impossible tomb would be for NA, and impossible to pug, and ive pugged 90% of my runs.

I know i read somewhere too that we got nerfed version of tomb ( i dont know if this is true or not).

So anyone knows actually how hard citadel is compared to tomb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rog   

New content?

 

Well *cricket* gotta farm that 100 tomb achiev before dungeon dies and everyone failing in citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
2 hours ago, Unicorns said:

How much harder is citadel compared to tomb?
I remember people saying how almost impossible tomb would be for NA, and impossible to pug, and ive pugged 90% of my runs.

I know i read somewhere too that we got nerfed version of tomb ( i dont know if this is true or not).

So anyone knows actually how hard citadel is compared to tomb?

Citadel is considered to be slightly easier. HOWEVER you are required to have 2x Stun, 2x Daze, 2x Knockdown, a Sin/Sum, and every non-Sin/Sum/WL with Daze Second Wind. Unlike Tomb, there is no "two people being carried"; all players must be on point and do mechanics.

 

Nerfed version doesn't do anything for us. All they did was make the final boss's mechanics no longer a one shot on fail, however that damage is reportedly 90k, which is still a one shot in NA/EU. Even if you miraculously survive, you've eaten away a good chunk on the enrage timer, and you don't get the buff that helps kill the boss.

2 hours ago, Raizou said:

Here is a good Ebondrake-Citadel guide:

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-ebondrake-citadel-guide/

That's from China. Their HP is way more inflated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unicorns   
34 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Citadel is considered to be slightly easier. HOWEVER you are required to have 2x Stun, 2x Daze, 2x Knockdown, a Sin/Sum, and every non-Sin/Sum/WL with Daze Second Wind. Unlike Tomb, there is no "two people being carried"; all players must be on point and do mechanics.

 

Nerfed version doesn't do anything for us. All they did was make the final boss's mechanics no longer a one shot on fail, however that damage is reportedly 90k, which is still a one shot in NA/EU. Even if you miraculously survive, you've eaten away a good chunk on the enrage timer, and you don't get the buff that helps kill the boss.

That's from China. Their HP is way more inflated.

Im glad to know the nerf wasn't much of a nerf then, i heard we got "simplified" mechanics, but i guess that was not the case.
I heard for citadel you need a party stealth, which i guess is what you need the sum/sin for, is that correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Susumimi   

Accessory evolution discount.

 

Sigh, just evolved some accessories yesterday.

Well it's a good change, guess there won't be any accessory upgrading for me from now til Oct 5. >_>

 

Anyway have details on exact changes? Same 30% discount like silverfrost weapon change?

Edited by Susumimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
6 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Im glad to know the nerf wasn't much of a nerf then, i heard we got "simplified" mechanics, but i guess that was not the case.
I heard for citadel you need a party stealth, which i guess is what you need the sum/sin for, is that correct? 

Emm ok just saw JP patch notes, they are getting the nerf version of Ebon today so high chance for TW to get it and NA/EU later on as well.

 

Security bots in tomb are also removed once the trap are disarmed.

 

Yes you will need SIN/SMN party stealth for this otherwise it's impossible to clear since NA/EU doesn't have the gears required to do it without stealth.

Edited by vita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
9 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Im glad to know the nerf wasn't much of a nerf then, i heard we got "simplified" mechanics, but i guess that was not the case.
I heard for citadel you need a party stealth, which i guess is what you need the sum/sin for, is that correct? 

They're not going to simplify mechanics too much, or it'll defeat the purpose of the challenge. The very least they did for Lord of the Flame was nerf his lightning spheres from a 1.0 charge to a 0.5 charge, meaning if you took both lightning and sphere you'd die; the nerf was to make the fight more realistically doable, but it's still quite complex.

 

And yes, a Sin/Sum is required or you'll never be able to kill the final boss. However, everyone has to a play a role; it's not like Lord of the Flame where you can carry two people in a 6-man.

3 hours ago, vita said:

Emm ok just saw JP patch notes, they are getting the nerf version of Ebon today so high chance for TW to get it and NA/EU later on as well.

Security bots in tomb are also removed once the trap are disarmed.

Yes you will need SIN/SMN party stealth for this otherwise it's impossible to clear since NA/EU doesn't have the gears required to do it without stealth.

Nerf isn't going to do anything for us if that one shot damage is 90k, which is what KR players have been reporting. Even if you miraculously survive there is an incredible amount of downtime for just failing mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

I just want to point out:

 

And you all were complaining about summoners and their stealth :P

 

This dungeon will be fun ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
1 minute ago, vita said:

I doubt anyone in NA/EU can survive that 90k damage and you do get bind when you fail the stealth mechanic. Even with my 114k HP I probably won't survive it. Though the 1 shot wipe mechanics for failing CC after suction has been removed though.

  • Get lifted by Jinsoyun World Breaker for failing to stealth mechanic? Eat 90k.
  • Get hit while under Darkness lock debuff? Eat 90k.
  • Fail to CC after-suction? Eat 90k.

All the one shot mechanics were nerfed to 90k. Still death for us.

Edited by Shadovvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
25 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

They're not going to simplify mechanics too much, or it'll defeat the purpose of the challenge. The very least they did for Lord of the Flame was nerf his lightning spheres from a 1.0 charge to a 0.5 charge, meaning if you took both lightning and sphere you'd die; the nerf was to make the fight more realistically doable, but it's still quite complex.

And yes, a Sin/Sum is required or you'll never be able to kill the final boss. However, everyone has to a play a role; it's not like Lord of the Flame where you can carry two people in a 6-man.

Nerf isn't going to do anything for us if that one shot damage is 90k, which is what KR players have been reporting. Even if you miraculously survive there is an incredible amount of downtime for just failing mechanics.

I doubt anyone in NA/EU can survive that 90k damage and you do get bind when you fail the stealth mechanic. Even with my 114k HP I probably won't survive it. Though the 1 shot wipe mechanics for failing CC after suction has been removed though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
16 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:
  • Get lifted by Jinsoyun World Breaker for failing to stealth mechanic? Eat 90k.
  • Get hit while under Darkness lock debuff? Eat 90k.
  • Fail to CC after-suction? Eat 90k.

All the one shot mechanics were nerfed to 90k. Still death for us.

Exactly the nerf is only a nerf for other region where they have higher gear and HP, for other it's not much of a different, you still die from not doing mechanics properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
51 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

The very least they did for Lord of the Flame was nerf his lightning spheres from a 1.0 charge to a 0.5 charge, meaning if you took both lightning and sphere you'd die; the nerf was to make the fight more realistically doable, but it's still quite complex.

1.0 makes sense for 6 man but would make 4 man nearly impossible because people would die over and over. I call that a needed nerf.

 

The update should give all people enough time to catch up before midnight plains comes in the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raizou   
13 hours ago, Susumimi said:

Anyway have details on exact changes? Same 30% discount like silverfrost weapon change?

Sry, the site was removed :/

 

But i got this mail today:

 

A new, extremely difficult, endgame dungeon will arrive in Blade & Soul on October 5 – Ebondrake Citadel. This underground ruin is home to the Phantoms, a vicious division of the Ebondrake Cult led by Bale Phantom Zakhan.

The much-requested Spectator Mode also arrives for the 1v1 Arena!

Sharpen up your PvP skills, as we’re celebrating this feature by holding our very first official tournament. More details to come!

Lastly, in continuing our efforts in making quality-of-life changes to the game, we’ve reduced the evolution costs of all Silverfrost accessories.

Before the launch, check out the new preview site for an overview and insight on the exciting new changes this content update brings. The patch notes will also be posted in the very near future, so stay tuned!

 

 

 

Edited by Raizou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this