Forums

Ultimate Pet - RNG Factor

Hong

I'm at 20 re-rolls now. I wasted over 5,000 gold on this RNG system - gathered across several months of daily income and farming. Still no ultimate pet. Honestly, RNG wants to make people want to quit the game. 2 end-game items are being gated by RNG: Legendary Necklace and Legendary Pet. Another item, the Legendary Ring, is going to be gated again by RNG in the next content patch.

There needs to be way to handle this better. Low rate RNG progress system is dumb and punishing.

Just out of curiosity, anyone here re-rolled over 20 times and finally got an ultimate pet?

Commonly obtainable or not shouldn't be gated by RNG but more on player effort. If you know there is a target to be met like X amount of gold required to be spent to obtain X item would diffinately be better than like spending gold mindless without knowing when u might get it. Things can also be "not commonly obtainable" for their value. Same with the other post I've made on draken necklace. Even if the necklace is tradable or not. They may have put it as an achievement reward behind maybe 400-500 runs for those who might not be lucky enough to obtain it before meeting this ach. All this changes eliminates the RNG factor in the game, much like player A who just did 1 run of tomb and got lucky with the RNG drop be more deserving of a "Legendary" compared to someone who has done the dungeon loads of times or rephrased in TO's post, someone who spent less than 5k gold who got lucky with the pet roll be more deserving den TO who spent his whole fortune without knowing how much more he will have to spend to have a chance at it. 

Legendary status of items =/ RNG

Before you go on flaming me, I would like to update you that I do own a Ultimate pet myself in 11 tries. And have stats higher than 99% of the players of the game. But I would like to defend my fellow brethren who are not as lucky to be able to experience the game further thru effort, rather than what we have now. Legendary gear or not they are all there to be obtainable by players and players would always try to obtain the best gear possible that the game would offer.

I have two for my characters: 3 tries and 5 tries. However, in 100+ runs I haven't got a single Wildwater chest to drop from that shit RNG daily box. Other RNG shenanigans? 100+ floor20+ victories in ToI and I either get no SS or 1 and 2, this is on one character. My other character has the full Sparring set in about 30 victories.

The rampant spread of poor odds RNG throughout the game mixed with the gold sink aspect of many upgrades is a disheartening thing to those without unlimited money to throw at the game.  Either through gold seller sites or more legitimate means the P2W "elite" have been given many opportunities to rise above the peons less generous with their monetary contributions to the game.  I still can't figure out how creating massive gear gaps that have destroyed other games will work in NCWest's favor, especially with the low intake of new players and massive attrition of current ones caused by these and many other problems of NCWest's making.  A good way of juggling the handling of rare items would have some sort of mercy rule RNG system that adds additional chances of success to each failure, so even after 20 fails you aren't completely disheartened as you can feel next time your odds should be a bit better.  I kind of hope they don't do this though as then the game would be truly addictive.

Pets are defensive stats mostly, they are fun but I don't feel like they are needed in any way. Cool for 6v6 but I just feel like mine is "nice to have". You can skip most of the RNG anyway by buying stones off mp. the Ultimate Pet is like a luxury rich paying players have D:

Archived