Warlock for PvP?

Drevas

I've been trying to get better with PvP ( And Warlock isn't the best start ) It's my main and I'm always getting dominated. Any tips anyone can give me for arena? Rotation? Stuff like that. I know that they aren't the best for it but I can't just give up on the main </3 

17 minutes ago, Nowaki said:

You gotta play different against different classes, so unlike you are more specific about what classes are giving you troubles this is all i can say:

Check mysaria https://www.twitch.tv/mysaria

He is best WL in EU (and in NA if you ask me) on the info tab you can see what build he uses against different classes.

Thanks you so much! I don't know anyone who plays warlock to give me these builds. <3 

Warlock is one of the weakest PvP classes, you need to know what your opponents are doing, what their cooldowns are, and then blow them up after baiting out their escapes when you still have your leech available and thrall up. If you can do that you will probably win, otherwise you don't have much of a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

You pretty much need a good hongmoon level and some of your important hongmoon skills to compete well. Don't get me wrong; we all need the skill points and skills, but it's not like KFM. You don't have a lot of diversity for your build, and can't get away with not working on the skills as you progress. 

The dragoncall skill book is pretty useful. The one that unlocks hongmoon helix and dragoncall (the double dragoncall on critical... It is nice in PvP imo and great for fighting assassins).

Get hongmoon soul shackle as well. That double aerial along with some instant cast dragoncalls is an important part of my combo. 

I don't suggest being reliant on thrall. Outside of void slash, i have no points in thrall passives for PvP.

Your tab skill is up to you. Soulburn is probably your best bet in the long run, as you can do your combo, soulburn and repeat it with insane damage. 

As a general rule, don't cast thrall right away. I try to cast him in the middle of my combo while the target is in the air, then use onrush filed by a soulburn. I advise not opening with your thrall stun, and open Ruth tether blade. 

By no means am I perfect at PvP. A large part of it is how you want to play. Some warlocks prefer helix and some like using defense thrall and time distortion. 

I prefer to keep my skill points into my character itself though. Thrall is secondary.

Oh, and fyi sanctum knocks assassins out of hide. It's pretty handy for countering them. But you need some hongmoon levels before you can really conduct putting points in it to a useful level..

I am missing a lot but I could go on and on lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/9/2016 at 1:59 PM, xNina said:

WL is hard for pvp, need no mistake and accurate movement since we are trash tier for pvp compared to other class

i think the same, sum/destro/chi master/bm, fm have immune for a long time, stealth too sin/sum, hard healing to bm/sum/chi master, but no for wl is ridiculous

On 28/9/2016 at 10:06 PM, Dresmyr said:

Warlock is one of the weakest PvP classes, you need to know what your opponents are doing, what their cooldowns are, and then blow them up after baiting out their escapes when you still have your leech available and thrall up. If you can do that you will probably win, otherwise you don't have much of a chance.

loooooooooooooooooooooolgo 6vs6 pleaseeee WL is a garbage in there...

On 19/10/2016 at 11:44 PM, Joelvtx said:

You pretty much need a good hongmoon level and some of your important hongmoon skills to compete well. Don't get me wrong; we all need the skill points and skills, but it's not like KFM. You don't have a lot of diversity for your build, and can't get away with not working on the skills as you progress. 

The dragoncall skill book is pretty useful. The one that unlocks hongmoon helix and dragoncall (the double dragoncall on critical... It is nice in PvP imo and great for fighting assassins).

Get hongmoon soul shackle as well. That double aerial along with some instant cast dragoncalls is an important part of my combo. 

I don't suggest being reliant on thrall. Outside of void slash, i have no points in thrall passives for PvP.

Your tab skill is up to you. Soulburn is probably your best bet in the long run, as you can do your combo, soulburn and repeat it with insane damage. 

As a general rule, don't cast thrall right away. I try to cast him in the middle of my combo while the target is in the air, then use onrush filed by a soulburn. I advise not opening with your thrall stun, and open Ruth tether blade. 

By no means am I perfect at PvP. A large part of it is how you want to play. Some warlocks prefer helix and some like using defense thrall and time distortion. 

I prefer to keep my skill points into my character itself though. Thrall is secondary.

Oh, and fyi sanctum knocks assassins out of hide. It's pretty handy for countering them. But you need some hongmoon levels before you can really conduct putting points in it to a useful level..

I am missing a lot but I could go on and on lol

bla bla bla bla... go 6vs6 and down from ur cloud ... WL is to weak to pvp is a garbage

On Thursday, November 03, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Albastaid said:

i think the same, sum/destro/chi master/bm, fm have immune for a long time, stealth too sin/sum, hard healing to bm/sum/chi master, but no for wl is ridiculous

loooooooooooooooooooooolgo 6vs6 pleaseeee WL is a garbage in there...

bla bla bla bla... go 6vs6 and down from ur cloud ... WL is to weak to pvp is a garbage

Hahahahahaha nice1, im good at 6vs6 but when i fight vs other i feel like they are trolling me example ------destro spin i can do almost nothing

-Fm heal himself to full hp like 3 time

-Sumoner can be invisible 85% of the fight while the cat fk you up

-Kfm lol they press one button and troll you(button 1 hm block)

-Sf we can deal with this class

-sin we can deal with this class

-BD almost like another destro

-BM hm block you cant do nothing vs bms they can block all your skills but you cant block their skills is this fair?

-WL i alway kill wls they so weak

Weakest class is WL the only class i can kill easy is my own class.

On 11.11.2016 at 3:51 AM, Joelvtx said:

It's annoying to fight classes with infinite iframes, but you can burst them down too. Especially with the new awakened skills. 

You can only burst other classes down WHEN you can aim and hit them. And thats really hard when they iframe the most of your skills or be invisible for the most time or have range protection for a long time or something else, :)

Archived