Suggestion: Make draken necklace tradable

surosync

I've been doing almost 150 over tomb runs lately on 4mans and 6mans to the point I've had all the costumes and soulshields but I have yet to see a single necklace drop while luckier players tend to see it multiple times before hitting their 100th run. I know this is RNG based but it deeply demotivates players who don't run on a great luck streak. 

Now reason why it would be great if draken necklace is tradeable:

1) Players with no luck are able to purchase it off other players. This eliminates the rng factor. Give up on farming for it yourself? Earn some gold and buy it off market.

2) It gives a source of income generation for those farming tomb. As of right now there is nothing worth farming for in tomb if most of the team owns the necklace. Unlike other dungeons eg. Mast etc, tomb doesn't have a high end tradable loot worth farming for after obtaining the necklace. This makes 4man feel like a waste of time considering its difficulty compared to 6man.

3) Gives the necklace a certain value. Right now the necklace does not have a value. Should it drop, the player with the highest amount of gold will win it. Given the fact that sometimes the player with loads of gold might alrdy have the necklace, he would not want to risk bidding the necklace to raise its price after winning it in the end and having it stuck in the inventory. In the end the lucky guy wins it at a low 300g bid. You might think, yea that actually gives u a chance to obtain it at low amounts of gold, but you are not thinking for the 5 or 3 other players in your party, who got a sad share of a few gold instead of much more for such a rare item.

4) Gives those who alrdy have the necklace a reason to bid for the neck. Some may not like this idea, but think again, it will provide a higher probability that the draken necklace will be bidded to close to its market value. Everyone gets a fair share of the gold and even if u did not win it, you can purchase 1 after earning enough in the marketplace.

5) Giving players with alts an easier chance to obtain it. No one with 3-4 chars would want to run a few hundred runs over a few chars. 

6) Noting the fact that making it tradable devalues the intended rarity/legendary status of the item. Yes true enough it gives players who have no experience being able to obtain a neck without stepping into desolate tomb once. But again, is RNG giving it its intended value? Luckier players have seen it so many times it feels like junk to them cause they alrdy have 1. You can always have a choice to note down toxic players who owns a necklace but knows nuts abt the dungeon, so u don't have to play with them in the future.

These opinions are raised just to improve the current situation on the RNG based loot like draken necklace. Feel free to critic if you have a stronger reason why this would negatively impact the BNS community.

No thanks.

Better suggestion - increase the droprate.

1) Players with bad luck will get it too.

2) Income for farming guys (25g 4er - 17g 6er)

3) The neck has a value at the moment - the only thing at tradable would be a stupid high amount of gold. And does only support the "arms race" also you wold get more gold if it drops more often - furhtermore rng is more supported this way.

4) No because ppl that have it have an severe advantage and also higher droprate = more gold without stupid rng.

5) Also solved - also i do not believe that they can afford it for many chars.

6) The intend rarity stauts is BS nothing more nothing less. Also even if someone means it has the satus it is devalued because ppl can only invest gold and need neither gold nor skill.

Your suggestion does not improve the rng situation. It enforces it. Because some ppl get rich with stupid rng while others get nothing at all. Also it would only improve the toxity because ppl get stuff that they have not earned. 

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

Is the necklace in a box or something bid on?  Because there was a pic of someone with 2 of them and I can only wonder why they would have 2 legendary necklaces unless he was just being a *cricket* to people.

It is bound. The guy tried to bait bid it to higher prices, but the party was too poor to afford. So he gained another neck for nothing.

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

So he was being a *cricket*

Nah, he just wanted to make profit. Unless it is a clan run and people agree how to share beforehand, there is no way you would let a necklace worth 500-2,000g being sold at 100-200g in a pug group. 250g is actually a good starting prices, which was what the guy aimed for when bait-bid. Too bad, he got in a poor party who could not even afford that.

If you cannot afford something due to your wallet limit when the chance rises, it is pretty much your own fault for running the things without preparation and let your opportunity slip away. Unless you are excepting for a whale buying the necklace for you at hefty prices.

I say no to this.
Make people actually farm for their gear. You can already buy all the mats needed to upgrade all your gear, meaning people can just throw money at the game and have end game gear with little to no effort.
What id like to see is the necklace in the achievement store, for 100-300g, or maybe for x amount of stones of wisdom, with the requiremnt of having the 100 or the 300 tomb runs achievemnt unlocked. Think that would be the most fair way of getting rid of the RNG. If by 100/300 runs you havent gotten your neck (coz your luck sucks, you run with pugs and you cant outbid them, or whatever reason) you can just straight out get it from NPC with a fair amount of effort and gold.

39 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Nah, he just wanted to make profit. Unless it is a clan run and people agree how to share beforehand, there is no way you would let a necklace worth 500-2,000g being sold at 100-200g in a pug group. 250g is actually a good starting prices, which was what the guy aimed for when bait-bid. Too bad, he got in a poor party who could not even afford that.

If you cannot afford something due to your wallet limit when the chance rises, it is pretty much your own fault for running the things without preparation and let your opportunity slip away. Unless you are excepting for a whale buying the necklace for you at hefty prices.

Sorry, gotta disagree.  If you have it and bid on it, you're being a *Cricket*

It's like bidding on an outfit you already own.  You have it, you can only have one of it, don't bid on it so you can sell it for 1 copper.  Same applies for the necklace.  You have it, no reason to stop others from getting it.

It'd be like if I decided to bid on every naryu piece in Naryu Lab.  I don't need them, it's a *Cricket* move to bid on them.

2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Yes, actually he was what the other guy said.

The starting bid is 100 and that is the value not the 1-2k some guys dream about or wish it to be. And that is btw exactly the reason why it should stay bound. If some idiot that has it bids on it he should have the risk to lose at least money.

And btw bidding on stuff that you do not need is also a great part of why the BnS-Community is so toxic. I mean even it is more or less the same as if you bid on an upgrade weapon that you don't need just because you know another player might desperately search for it and just that the neck is better than a weapon stage it does not make it better.

Also this has nothing to do with "preparation" because noone said that 2 or more players could not bid for it. It is as alway the guy that pays the most gets it faster. But bidding on an object that has 0 value just because i do not begrudge it to some other dude (because mb he has to bid less than me) or i have some idiotic value-dreams is just very sad for the community. For example i would have the money but i would not support another ones greedy-dreams if someone thinks he has to bait-bid 250g fine - i laugh at him and accept his money-offer. If he does this more than once and more players think so he hopefully will lose more money than he earns if he find some stupid guy. Which is the beauty for the thing to be bound because greedy idiots have to take more risks. 

1 hour ago, Unicorns said:

I say no to this.
Make people actually farm for their gear. You can already buy all the mats needed to upgrade all your gear, meaning people can just throw money at the game and have end game gear with little to no effort.
What id like to see is the necklace in the achievement store, for 100-300g, or maybe for x amount of stones of wisdom, with the requiremnt of having the 100 or the 300 tomb runs achievemnt unlocked. Think that would be the most fair way of getting rid of the RNG. If by 100/300 runs you havent gotten your neck (coz your luck sucks, you run with pugs and you cant outbid them, or whatever reason) you can just straight out get it from NPC with a fair amount of effort and gold.

As soon as we reach the point that the neck is needed we will get to this or mb the droprate will be increased. I think in other regions you can buy it from a npc or a treasure-throve like box.

But in general - yes i think making things bound to achievements for example would be a very good thing. Or for example getting some special credit for finishing a dungeon and with this credit you can buy some rare-drops. I mean this game is supposed to be a "grind-game". So i though grind means do much and get rewarded not do much to hope for a single time you get good rng and get rewarded due to this - but tbh if you are more lucky you can have it with far less effort.

IMO the best way to "give everyone chances to have one necklace", is creating somekind of token, that drops for everyone on the last boss and after X runs, u can trade it for the necklace too, like, 35 runs, It's better than rely on rng always.

That's my 2cents about the Legendary Necklace.

I've ran this dungeon to the point where most people would have maybe seen one necklace drop whether they won the bid or not. I have hoard up enough gold to be sure I'll win the first and next time I see the necklace drop, but apparently the RNG won't allow me so. Whether NCsoft considers this or not I'll still continue to run the dungeon till hopefully the RNG goddess shines on me one day.

I say make it tradeable. This game suffers from having too many untradeable items that are essential to progression, despite these untradeables constituting a large pool of quest loot and rewards. The end result is a heavily lopsided/binary economy consisting of mostly worthless items and a few super expensive ones. Making more rare items tradeable would mitigate this, as this would shift the buyer demand curve by creating a new priority/incentive for their spending.

5 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

I say make it tradeable. This game suffers from having too many untradeable items that are essential to progression, despite these untradeables constituting a large pool of quest loot and rewards. The end result is a heavily lopsided/binary economy consisting of mostly worthless items and a few super expensive ones. Making more rare items tradeable would mitigate this, as this would shift the buyer demand curve by creating a new priority/incentive for their spending.

You can bet -> making the neck tradable just generates a new "super expensive" item. Nothing more nothing less.

12 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

You can bet -> making the neck tradable just generates a new "super expensive" item. Nothing more nothing less.

What you don't understand is the microeconomic concept of substitute goods. People are in the market to increase their DPS by any means possible - hongmoon skill items (of which there are 3 tradeable volumes, ember, 2 offals), evolve materials, AP gems. As messed up as this game's economy is, some basic concepts still apply.

When you introduce a new item into the market, you are going to lower demand for other items since a portion of buyers will be prioritizing acquisition of the necklace. You will see slower turnover rates for volumes/offals/embers and as a result, sellers will have to compete by lowering prices. The result will not necessarily materialize in the short-term, but over the long run it will.

I would also like to add, for the people claiming that "legendary" has some sort of significance. It does not. Plenty of players already have "Legendary weapons," they are uncommon, but definitely not rare. Look at the purple "Heroic" items you get from loot. Most of those items wind up getting trashed or salvaged. Rarity labels mean very little in this game.

9 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

What you don't understand is the microeconomic concept of substitute goods. People are in the market to increase their DPS by any means possible - hongmoon skill items (of which there are 3 tradeable volumes, ember, 2 offals), evolve materials, AP gems. As messed up as this game's economy is, some basic concepts still apply.

When you introduce a new item into the market, you are going to lower demand for other items since a portion of buyers will be prioritizing acquisition of the necklace. You will see slower turnover rates for volumes/offals/embers and as a result, sellers will have to compete by lowering prices. The result will not necessarily materialize in the short-term, but over the long run it will.

Yeah well this did not work the times before (i mean there is constantly new stuff - for example offals - but the price of an ember did not drop - only the event dropped it). So you can be sure it will not work with the neck either. Making the neck tradable would only generate a new overpriced item. 

And the long-term effect is based on the fact that everbody just need 1 per char. While ppl keep farming constantly.

20 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

Yeah well this did not work the times before (i mean there is constantly new stuff - for example offals - but the price of an ember did not drop - only the event dropped it). So you can be sure it will not work with the neck either. Making the neck tradable would only generate a new overpriced item. 

And the long-term effect is based on the fact that everbody just need 1 per char. While ppl keep farming constantly.

I don't know what server you're on, but pre-Masts/Gloom update, NA Embers were about 500-600G, and now they seem to move at 300-400. You also need to consider that they're not going to fall super low - the fact is not as many people are running Asura-4, so lowered supply prevents them from becoming entirely worthless (despite the fact that the ember skill is useless for quite a few classes in our patch, i.e. BMs and summoners)

2 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

I don't know what server you're on, but pre-Masts/Gloom update, NA Embers were about 500-600G, and now they seem to move at 300-400. You also need to consider that they're not going to fall super low - the fact is not as many people are running Asura-4, so lowered supply prevents them from becoming entirely worthless (despite the fact that the ember skill is useless for quite a few classes in our patch, i.e. BMs and summoners)

I am on an EU-Server. And yes Ember was about 500-600g after Masts and there it was steady until the treasure throve that got the price to round about 300g (because as it seems the ember did drop very often there) and now it is slowly rising again. Of course not everyone does asura and not everyone needs the ember. But this is not the point - point is making the neck tradable will only make the deram of all gold junkies come true because they might be able to sell it at the market for about 1k (or even more) gold. 

Ergo - we made a new way overpriced item.

How about this: When you kill the last boss, the box from Dynamic Quest gives you 1 Desolate token, you can buy the necklace with 200 tokens. At weekends the number of tokens is doubled.

-People still have to work their ass off grinding this shit

-zero RNG. You KNOW you gonna get your reward after all the grind.

4 hours ago, JatoJato said:

I am on an EU-Server. And yes Ember was about 500-600g after Masts and there it was steady until the treasure throve that got the price to round about 300g (because as it seems the ember did drop very often there) and now it is slowly rising again. Of course not everyone does asura and not everyone needs the ember. But this is not the point - point is making the neck tradable will only make the deram of all gold junkies come true because they might be able to sell it at the market for about 1k (or even more) gold. 

Ergo - we made a new way overpriced item.

Gee, I wonder what happened to all the 2500G Embers, 1000G Silverfrost Potter recipes, 900G Sealed Flowers at the start of the Silverfrost/Soguns updates. You do realize that prices will eventually go down as supply increases?

Making the necklaces tradeable won't hurt the economy anywhere near as much as Trove did. FYI, on the other BNS Asian servers they do have resealing charms which can even make your Hongmoon weapon tradeable.

4 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

Gee, I wonder what happened to all the 2500G Embers, 1000G Silverfrost Potter recipes, 900G Sealed Flowers at the start of the Silverfrost/Soguns updates. You do realize that prices will eventually go down as supply increases?

Making the necklaces tradeable won't hurt the economy anywhere near as much as Trove did. FYI, on the other BNS Asian servers they do have resealing charms which can even make your Hongmoon weapon tradeable.

Lol. Sure the prices will go down - but tbh you compare apples with bananas. I mean for example if the neck would have been tradable the "first" ones would have gotten ~5k gold i would assume (so they would have been totally overpriced as the first recipes were). Then the price would have dropped to 1-2k gold because some players think it is worth that much - and they might be right if we compare the stats of the neck to the stats and costs of other things you can buy. 

Besides that - the recipes drop in lair - a dungeon that can be done round about 3 times faster than the tomb...

And for the flowers - hm yeah - most likely payers (or players with too much gold) bought them because they wanted to be the first that have their legendary weapon. But everybody was aware of the fact that 900g is totally overpriced. Same goes for the mast-skin btw. But those players did not care because they wanted it first. Additionally both items (skin as well as flower) were pushed into the market by Ncsoft due to some events and other stuff.

So it is a very good thing that the thing is not tradable because besides the drop-rng it also would most likely give some players huge amounts of gold, which would just further deepen the inequality in the gold-spread.

8 hours ago, WLraik said:

How about this: When you kill the last boss, the box from Dynamic Quest gives you 1 Desolate token, you can buy the necklace with 200 tokens. At weekends the number of tokens is doubled.

-People still have to work their ass off grinding this shit

-zero RNG. You KNOW you gonna get your reward after all the grind.

That couldn't be fair for those ( like me) that been running and already open the boxes.

Another idea could be putting it in merchant or achievement merchant and needs the "beat lord of flame 300 times" achievement + 100g to buy it

Archived