Sign in to follow this  
sevXone

New to BM, need a PvP build!

sevXone   

Hi, I main a KFM called Aldra and would like to know more about BM PvP :)

I'm completely new to BM and am currently level 41. Have been doing a bit of PvP while leveling and have won every game so far against level 50's but I've noticed that it's starting to get harder now cause i have just been using my PvE fire BM build(LOL), but i would like to get a bit more serious. What is like the main PvP build that people tend to go with at lvl 50? all i could find online on like BnStree etc are outdated lvl 45 builds so any help would be appreciated. 

I even bought a second skill tab just for PvP as you can see!

iNjRwmv.jpg

Edited by sevXone

One does not simply PvP with BM at level 50. The odds of a BM without HM skills winning against one with them are like 10-90 if even that. So I'm not even going to bother explaining. It wouldn't do much good anyway.

Edited by Stormpooper

xxxAoi   

I don't know your preference but I see you're trying to use the fire build. You can use these as staples:

Flicker T4 F2

Dragontongue

Lunar Slash T3 F2 (daze tab)

Second Wind T3 F3 or T3 F1 (vs grip)

Block T2 F3 or F2

Rush T2 F1

Raid T2 F2

Anklebiter T1 F1

Boot T2 F1

Lightning Rod T2 F1

Blade Call T2 F2 or T2 F1 (vs grip)

Evade T1 F1

Phoenix Wing is for PvE imo.

I would recommend you leveling to at least lvl 50 HM5 and then using Lightning Build for 1v1 since this is the "real" pvp build where you get to know BM and how to play it.

Firebuild is just the lazy and easier way out.

Edited by TwoPunchMan092

xxxAoi   
3 hours ago, Stormpooper said:

Terrible idea

It's not. Your enemies move around and have escapes so putting your tab for conflagration is a waste to losing one cc. This is a preference anyway. I'm not saying every BM should use it.

12 hours ago, xxxAoi said:

It's not. Your enemies move around and have escapes so putting your tab for conflagration is a waste to losing one cc. This is a preference anyway. I'm not saying every BM should use it.

So what's the point in using dragontongue?

If you're not using the conflagration buff just stick with honed slash T1F1.

xxxAoi   
9 hours ago, Devilwithin said:

So what's the point in using dragontongue?

If you're not using the conflagration buff just stick with honed slash T1F1.

Dragontongue still works even if Conflagration is not present. Conflagration is just there so you can spam it but it should be able to deal more damage than honer slash. What is more important in PvP is to have disables as much as possible. As I've said, your enemies move around so enabling it to spam for just 3 seconds can be useless.

So tell me, what would you do if you caught your enemy with no escapes in that 3 sec tab daze of yours? Hit dragontongue once and then wait for the CC to end? Or would it be better to strike him with honed slash thrice? Or would you only rely on your air combos to win?

xxxAoi   
On 9/22/2016 at 8:57 PM, Stormpooper said:

So tell me, what would you do if you caught your enemy with no escapes in that 3 sec tab daze of yours? Hit dragontongue once and then wait for the CC to end? Or would it be better to strike him with honed slash thrice? Or would you only rely on your air combos to win?

I know this is an old post and I just saw this. Dragontongue isn't the only skill you should rely on when you stumble into that situation. I don't know if you watched Jungho Han's and Ming Cai's match this world championship but Ming Cai was always able to pawn Jungho with Lightning draw as his finale. That should be enough since Lightning draw T5S1 is long range plus if you dazed, stunned or knocked down the enemy the damage could increase upto 20k+ in one successful hit.

Old post indeed and no I didn't but don't try to get yourself out by telling me about a random video. Lightning draw will never hit 20k+ in 1v1 arena match, 11k is the best you can get and even that rarely happens (when it does crit, mine rises up to 10,7k but let's not stray from the topic). You still haven't answered my question though, all you said was

13 hours ago, xxxAoi said:

Dragontongue isn't the only skill you should rely on when you stumble into that situation.

The only other spammable skill besides Honed slash is Pierce, but using that as your main damage source... I doubt those two guys of yours (whichever is BM) used dragontongue without Conflagration, actually, they most likely had Honed slash.

In short, dragontongue is a bad idea without Conflagration, nothing to discuss here. See how big a ground combo you can make on training dummies with that build of yours.

Apologies to everyone who wasted their time on this ridiculous idea.

xxxAoi   
4 hours ago, Stormpooper said:

Old post indeed and no I didn't but don't try to get yourself out by telling me about a random video. Lightning draw will never hit 20k+ in 1v1 arena match, 11k is the best you can get and even that rarely happens (when it does crit, mine rises up to 10,7k but let's not stray from the topic). You still haven't answered my question though, all you said was

The only other spammable skill besides Honed slash is Pierce, but using that as your main damage source... I doubt those two guys of yours (whichever is BM) used dragontongue without Conflagration, actually, they most likely had Honed slash.

In short, dragontongue is a bad idea without Conflagration, nothing to discuss here. See how big a ground combo you can make on training dummies with that build of yours.

Apologies to everyone who wasted their time on this ridiculous idea.

Ridiculous idea? You know this is why I'm telling that it's a preference and not mandatory for everyone to use daze tab. This is my style so who cares? OP asked, I answered. Don't disregard something that's outside the norm. I just hope you're not like other BMs now that all they do is run around, wait for their cd and spam flicker and dragontongue over and over again. Remember that fire build has lower range so it is important to close the gap. I did answer your question because by the time the enemy had no escape and was cc'ed don't you think you can also air combo on that? Or maybe take your time for a bit till your skills are no longer on cd. Whatever is possible. I don't know what else do you expect me to tell you.

Obviously, you don't know these two BMs I'm talking about. They are using fire build but they are using two different playstyles. One of whom was spamming dragontongue just like anyone else. If you rely on lunar slash conflagration then it's up to you. I also don't think you've seen some streams of BMs rolling 20k+ on LD.

Edited by xxxAoi

I've no more patience or hope for you, so I'll just point out one thing: I watched their match and both were using Conflagration (also can't help myself so I have to say that wasting CCs/chances for combo/time for "waiting till your skills are no longer on cd" or an air combo over ground combo when "the enemy had no escape and was cc'ed" is. A. Bad. Idea).

So are you still insisting to use dt without conflagration buff?

Lunar Slash dazes for 3sec

DT has 6sec cd what are you going to do?

Let's say your penta Slash and take a flight are on cd.

Are you gonna sit in a corner and cry?

Please learn some facts before you start suggesting something like this.

xxxAoi   
3 hours ago, Devilwithin said:

So are you still insisting to use dt without conflagration buff?

Lunar Slash dazes for 3sec

DT has 6sec cd what are you going to do?

Let's say your penta Slash and take a flight are on cd.

Are you gonna sit in a corner and cry?

Please learn some facts before you start suggesting something like this.

So you really want me to repeat myself over and over again? When did I insist everyone to use daze tab eh?

If I could increase the font and make it bold, let me say for the last time:

Daze tab on FIRE BUILD is preference NOT mandatory.

Just stop. >.>

Leodore   

My pvp build advice:

Spec dragon tongue

spam it during pvp

watch everything die

you win

you're welcome ^_^

<3

lol ( just playing, please don't murder me, lol, but we all know this is broken to hell and back :P )