Forums

The joys of leveling an alt

Susumimi

Just ran Naryu Lab for my new toon for the soul shield. There were a couple of alts in the party (low levels with very good gear). Then of course, some idiot started calling us "noobs", when my new toon is level 49 with 421AP (literally almost the max you can have since any higher gear requires level 50, average AP for pre-50 is more like 350ish). The idiot was level 50 HM 5 with only 450AP and same crit chance as me, a level 49. Lmao. And of course, some HM11 complaining he's "carrying 5 players" and "this sucks".

This is exactly the type of trash player with no brain that makes it painful to level an alt, or even for new players. They're obviously noobs (or in the HM11's case, an elitist who thinks a level 45 dungeon should only be available to HM11's with 700AP) themselves, yet the only thing their eyes look at is that huge number on the profile screen. Higher number = not noob, lower number = noob, that's their simple logic to make themselves feel better.

I don't know why they made it so you can inspect other players fully in the NA servers. I mean the player base here isn't exactly what you would call "mature" or "friendly" is it? On the contrary they should enable that in the CN servers, and disable it here. That huge AP number on the profile automatically puts a label on alts or new toons as "noobs" in the eyes of simpletons like the ones described above and gives them excuses to give us a bad time.

Instead of displaying AP so prominently, why not make it more subtle and have these more useful information instead?

• Name and level of all characters on the account
  • How many times you ran this dungeon, sum of all characters on account. Success/failure rate of said dungeon
  • Character and account age (granted older age doesn't mean more experienced, but at least it's an indicator most of the time)
  • And while you're at it, fix the damn profile photo not showing up half the time! I mean right now there might as well be no profile photo because it just shows as broken link or "take a photo" half the time

9 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

And of course, some HM11 complaining he's "carrying 5 players" and "this sucks".

Because of those, we need AP-requirements in the settings for group searching (mean not the hell requirements in the group finder), so we can prevent the joining of some "non-brain-players".

6 minutes ago, ander01se said:

I haven't hit any cap yet. :p

Screenshot_590.png

Ok your point is?

Good job you have 500g to spare on an alt when I don't, I honestly don't care. Btw I don't even have my bracelet yet. I don't have HM soul yet either since I assumed it was for level 50. So there's your 35+ AP difference. If I had 100g to spare for that HM soul, and lucky enough for the damn bracelet to drop, then I'd have about 460AP too.

Funny thing is you'd likely be called a noob too in that party since A) you're under 50, B) you're under 500AP. So 421AP or 465AP, doesn't make a damn difference.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

This is a kind reminder about the forums Code of Conduct. Note that any offensive behavior is prohibited and will lead to a suspension of posting privileges for the offending users.

Regards,

Team Blade and Soul

2 hours ago, Susumimi said:

Ok your point is?

Good job you have 500g to spare on an alt when I don't, I honestly don't care. Btw I don't even have my bracelet yet. I don't have HM soul yet either since I assumed it was for level 50. So there's your 35+ AP difference. If I had 100g to spare for that HM soul, and lucky enough for the damn bracelet to drop, then I'd have about 460AP too.

Funny thing is you'd likely be called a noob too in that party since A) you're under 50, B) you're under 500AP. So 421AP or 465AP, doesn't make a damn difference.

From what I've gathered, that's the whole point of your thread which I understood immediately from reading the first post. Why some people struggle with getting that point, which may or may not be valid, is beyond me.

41 minutes ago, K4t said:

From what I've gathered, that's the whole point of your thread which I understood immediately from reading the first post. Why some people struggle with getting that point, which may or may not be valid, is beyond me.

1) Um no, it's not the point of my thread, if you read beyond the first paragraph

2) When did I say I'm struggling to get to level 50 with 500AP?? Do you think I could afford an alt and boost her to 421 without a relatively strong main toon and some $? So by your standards a level 50 HM1 should not have to struggle to get 500 AP right? As if all the MTS, STS, moonstones, and hundreds in upgrade costs will just drop from the sky the moment you finish storyline, in order not to be considered a "noob" for something like naryu lab?

5 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

2) When did I say I'm struggling to get to level 50 with 500AP?? Do you think I could afford an alt and boost her to 421 without a relatively strong main toon and some $? So by your standards a level 50 HM1 should not have to struggle to get 500 AP right? As if all the MTS, STS, moonstones, and hundreds in upgrade costs will just drop from the sky the moment you finish storyline, in order not to be considered a "noob" for something like naryu lab?

A fresh HM1-2 can easily have 420ish AP without having a boosting main at all. Main issue is that people don't know where to spend their gold they get from main quest and that way we have those even HM4-8 with less than 400 AP. Main issue here is that you simply managed to find toxic party and you shouldn't let it get to your bone as you do know yourself what you are capable of doing at your level and AP. Also majority people in NA/EU think stats are everything in a dungeon and tbh I don't get it why HM11 who has to complain would even LFP when everyone knows there WILL be low AP/lvl players.

Yea it is, you said it.

3 hours ago, Susumimi said:

Then of course, some idiot started calling us "noobs", when my new toon is level 49 with 421AP (literally almost the max you can have since any higher gear requires level 50, average AP for pre-50 is more like 350ish). The idiot was level 50 HM 5 with only 450AP and same crit chance as me, a level 49. Lmao. And of course, some HM11 complaining he's "carrying 5 players" and "this sucks".

This is exactly the type of trash player with no brain that makes it painful to level an alt, or even for new players. They're obviously noobs (or in the HM11's case, an elitist who thinks a level 45 dungeon should only be available to HM11's with 700AP) themselves, yet the only thing their eyes look at is that huge number on the profile screen. Higher number = not noob, lower number = noob, that's their simple logic to make themselves feel better.

3 hours ago, Susumimi said:

Point: Low AP/AP below 500 == being considered a full blown noob.

Then someone proceeds to post a toon with higher lvled gear on a low lvl toon but still missed the main point of your post. 

37 minutes ago, K4t said:

Then someone proceeds to post a toon with higher lvled gear on a low lvl toon but still missed the main point of your post. 

I didn't miss his point, I corrected him since it's annoying when people exaggerate / openly lie about stuff to give their argument more weight.

I get discriminated all the time on my alts. I just brush it off as trash people. :C 

I try to wear outfits that make me look less nooby when I'm on my alts. I'm wearing pale wanderer from 4 man yeti and merry potters hat. :x but people still think i'm a noob. They aren't exactly great for my alt anymore since i'm hm 5 now and yeti was nerfed. But I had it since I was hm 2 and people generally knew I was on an alt because of it back then. :x 

12 hours ago, Susumimi said:

Just ran Naryu Lab for my new toon for the soul shield. There were a couple of alts in the party (low levels with very good gear). Then of course, some idiot started calling us "noobs", when my new toon is level 49 with 421AP (literally almost the max you can have since any higher gear requires level 50, average AP for pre-50 is more like 350ish). The idiot was level 50 HM 5 with only 450AP and same crit chance as me, a level 49. Lmao. And of course, some HM11 complaining he's "carrying 5 players" and "this sucks".

I don't know why they made it so you can inspect other players fully in the NA servers. I mean the player base here isn't exactly what you would call "mature" or "friendly" is it? On the contrary they should enable that in the CN servers, and disable it here. That huge AP number on the profile automatically puts a label on alts or new toons as "noobs" in the eyes of simpletons like the ones described above and gives them excuses to give us a bad time.

Instead of displaying AP so prominently, why not make it more subtle and have these more useful information instead?

• Name and level of all characters on the account
  • How many times you ran this dungeon, sum of all characters on account. Success/failure rate of said dungeon
  • Character and account age (granted older age doesn't mean more experienced, but at least it's an indicator most of the time)
  • And while you're at it, fix the damn profile photo not showing up half the time! I mean right now there might as well be no profile photo because it just shows as broken link or "take a photo" half the time

I agree, your post remind me of my "nub days" have similar issues, hell still have same kind of problems from time to time.  

I think it would be cool to show how many times a person has done the dung , but no idea how they would implement such a thing. 

+1 on the profile pic XD

just a question: did you guys do mechs wrong or something? usually people dont say anything untill someone messes up at something then all hell breaks lose lol

2 hours ago, Solidarius said:

just a question: did you guys do mechs wrong or something? usually people dont say anything untill someone messes up at something then all hell breaks lose lol

When im on my alt, they start complaining when we begin with the dungeon. It happened also in WWV with my hm8 lol.

As somebody currently waiting an hour and counting because I have a 401 AP player parked in my ASURA party refusing to leave I'm really close to just moving back to Guild Wars 2 unless they can sort out an AP requirement for dungeons. These people know they can't contribute anything valuable and they're way under level (clearly states recommended HM 7 and they're HM 2). They expect just because they've been carried through it once with a full team of 5 other 600+ AP players that they will get the same service every time, when in reality my 580 AP that I've worked hours every day for months on should be absolutely plenty for this with just a regular team of ~500s. Ofcourse, with Asura their accuracy is also far below sufficient, they have the wrong belt on and they won't contribute with antidotes. And this shit happens a lot too. Some days I can't complete dungeons I'm way overgeared for because I just get party after party full of undergeared people. I spend hours trying to complete a dungeon I've completed so many times before because people feel so entitled and have no shame about completely screwing the game experience for others. This happened commonly with Avalanche Den pre-nerf, still happens a lot with Sundered Nexus, Shattered Masts and Sogun's Lament. When I was 400 AP I manned up and did Bloodshade, Necropolis and Lair like a normal 400 AP and didn't expect people to carry me every time, and I still do that on my alts because funnily enough, knowing how a dungeon works and it's mechanics is not enough to make a fair contribution.

Well a while back some real wonderful guy decided to tell all the noobs to run these dungeons on daily challenge days and so these days you get into labyrinth which is already an extremely long dungeon (travel time alone through a fully cleared lab is like 15 min lol) and it's all 300 AP players and you can't even carry them through minotaur because you're a class that can't stack bleed so it just heals and heals. Basically what his message was saying was "If you're a noob and you need these dungeons, you're going to get stuck with other noobs if you run the rest of the week, but if you run on the daily challenge days, the strong people will carry you!"

And then you have some clueless guy who was complaining on F8 about why people were recruiting for 600+ naryu lab lol. These days if I even see something low 400's it's like oh great I have to bring out the fire build to carry them.

28 minutes ago, Kryzz said:

As somebody currently waiting an hour and counting because I have a 401 AP player parked in my ASURA party refusing to leave I'm really close to just moving back to Guild Wars 2 unless they can sort out an AP requirement for dungeons. These people know they can't contribute anything valuable and they're way under level (clearly states recommended HM 7 and they're HM 2). They expect just because they've been carried through it once with a full team of 5 other 600+ AP players that they will get the same service every time, when in reality my 580 AP that I've worked hours every day for months on should be absolutely plenty for this with just a regular team of ~500s. Ofcourse, with Asura their accuracy is also far below sufficient, they have the wrong belt on and they won't contribute with antidotes. And this shit happens a lot too. Some days I can't complete dungeons I'm way overgeared for because I just get party after party full of undergeared people. I spend hours trying to complete a dungeon I've completed so many times before because people feel so entitled and have no shame about completely screwing the game experience for others. This happened commonly with Avalanche Den pre-nerf, still happens a lot with Sundered Nexus, Shattered Masts and Sogun's Lament. When I was 400 AP I manned up and did Bloodshade, Necropolis and Lair like a normal 400 AP and didn't expect people to carry me every time, and I still do that on my alts because funnily enough, knowing how a dungeon works and it's mechanics is not enough to make a fair contribution.

Did you put your AP requirement in the register tab? If you put 500 AP as requirement, but a 401 AP player joined, you should have kicked him so that you don't have to wait for an hour. By the way, player with 401 AP should join 6m Asura dungeon? I thought people should have at least 500 AP as minimum in that dungeon although nowdays, people often require 550+ AP for 6m Asura. Also, I highly doubt that 401 AP player carried antidote for this dungeon.

Now ever since we have legendary weapon, all the people increased the AP demand for all the heroic dungeons. Like 6m Yeti, i often see people ask for 600+ AP for it. Seriously, even for 4m yeti, you can finish it with 500-500 AP if everyone knows the mechan.

Sometimes I also see that a 550 AP player asks for AP 700+ players to join his party for quick run. =.=" How can it be a quick run when there is a 550 AP player involved? I usually not care if the players are a little bit lower in AP than what I asked for in register tab. For example, if I asked for 550+ AP and a player with 525 AP joined, it is fine for me as well, but not 450 AP. Nowadays, upgrading is so easy and you can gather all the mats and golds within a week or so to go above 450 AP.

For low AP players, i think they should join a helpful clan and ask them to carry you through dungeons. 

5 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Did you put your AP requirement in the register tab? If you put 500 AP as requirement, but a 401 AP player joined, you should have kicked him so that you don't have to wait for an hour. By the way, player with 401 AP should join 6m Asura dungeon? I thought people should have at least 500 AP as minimum in that dungeon although nowdays, people often require 550+ AP for 6m Asura. Also, I highly doubt that 401 AP player carried antidote for this dungeon.

Now ever since we have legendary weapon, all the people increased the AP demand for all the heroic dungeons. Like 6m Yeti, i often see people ask for 600+ AP for it. Seriously, even for 4m yeti, you can finish it with 500-500 AP if everyone knows the mechan.

Sometimes I also see that a 550 AP player asks for AP 700+ players to join his party for quick run. =.=" How can it be a quick run when there is a 550 AP player involved? I usually not care if the players are a little bit lower in AP than what I asked for in register tab. For example, if I asked for 550+ AP and a player with 525 AP joined, it is fine for me as well, but not 450 AP. Nowadays, upgrading is so easy and you can gather all the mats and golds within a week or so to go above 450 AP.

For low AP players, i think they should join a helpful clan and ask them to carry you through dungeons. 

Sadly they didn't join at the start. Somebody had to leave midrun and then they joined and we began to struggle, people left as a result of the struggle until it ended up just me and him, and I refuse to have a 400AP player steal my party and recruit a party full of people high enough AP to carry him through the remainder, it goes against my principles.

On a side note though, even when they do join during the lobby, they often join in packs or last so the game auto starts without giving me an opportunity to kick, so I have to go back and work on a new party. That's wonderful too.

15 minutes ago, Kryzz said:

Sadly they didn't join at the start. Somebody had to leave midrun and then they joined and we began to struggle, people left as a result of the struggle until it ended up just me and him, and I refuse to have a 400AP player steal my party and recruit a party full of people high enough AP to carry him through the remainder, it goes against my principles.

On a side note though, even when they do join during the lobby, they often join in packs or last so the game auto starts without giving me an opportunity to kick, so I have to go back and work on a new party. That's wonderful too.

Were you using lfp button?

If you were the leader of the party and were NOT using lfp button, even though they joined in packs or last, the game won't start until the leader pressed "enter". I don't understand your points there.

Well..if you use lfp button in the dungeon to replace a leaver, then it is all about luck. Also, to be honest, it depends on how far you were in that dungeon? If it is just a first boss, then probably it is faster to leave party and remake a new one t run the dungeon again from the beginning. If it is at the last boss, just finish it. 

5 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Were you using lfp button?

If you were the leader of the party and were NOT using lfp button, even though they joined in packs or last, the game won't start until the leader pressed "enter". I don't understand your points there.

Yes I don't see why I should be denied the use of the LFP button because people not fit to contribute can join. Trying to manually create a party takes significantly longer and people will still keep rejoining your party no matter how much you kick them, just to ruin your experience

To elaborate on what I mean about an AP requirement, you should be able to set a minimum AP to join for your party in the lobby, and that should hold throughout the run so if you need to recruit it will only search for players with that AP requirement, that way lower levels can still access the dungeon but they will find it harder to find a party.

Then, why don't you join the party in the register tab if you fit their requirement? You don't necessary have to create a new party for each dungeon by yourself. If you meet their AP requirement, I see no reason why they would kick you out from party. Also, the party in register tab is usually more reliable and free of leechers/bots (at least I only saw one leecher in like 100+ parties I have joined so far).

Your suggestion is good, but that won't eliminate the leechers/bots when using lfp. For me, I hate them a lot more than the hard working low AP players.

The best thing you can do is get gold in pvp so you are shiny and they respect you cuz they suck at pvp :)

More srsly, having a gold medal is one way to show that you are not a brainless guy and that you are skilled enough to reach 1600 pt in arena.

But still only a few veterans like me take into account pvp rating when we recruit ppl with lower ap than the actual ap requirement.

Imo someone in gold elo is someone that has mastered at least 3/4 of his class and can perform well enough.

Archived