Forums

One of the worst mmorpgs I've ever played.

NotTonyStark

7 minutes ago, Raizou said:

you mean riders of icarus?

Yep. I couldnt believe.

I am relatively new to mmos, started 4years ago and this tab target bullcrap just blows my mind, why it was ever thing, and how can anyone release such thing nowadays.

GW2 had tab target, they managed amazing action camera mode. But from core, game had dodges, not like riders of p2w joke.

IMO tera has even more advanced combat than this, cause one thing, you dont need to have selected anything, for most of skills, you shoot, and you miss or not, depends where you aim. But bns has better action and immersion in fight, and thumbs up for really good dungeon mechanics without trinity system.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, babeln said:

Yep. I couldnt believe.

I am relatively new to mmos, started 4years ago and this tab target bullcrap just blows my mind, why it was ever thing, and how can anyone release such thing nowadays.

GW2 had tab target, they managed amazing action camera mode. But from core, game had dodges, not like riders of p2w joke.

IMO tera has even more advanced combat than this, cause one thing, you dont need to have selected anything, for most of skills, you shoot, and you miss or not, depends where you aim. But bns has better action and immersion in fight, and thumbs up for really good dungeon mechanics without trinity system.

The combat system in RoI is really very annoying, especially when you play a priest or mage. Thats the reason why i have quit RoI and stand permanently in BnS, because of its nice combat system.

6 minutes ago, Raizou said:

The combat system in RoI is very annoying, especially when you play a priest or mage. Thats the reason why i have quit RoI and stand permanently in BnS.

funny thing is, i met many people from bns in roi "we needed to relearn this"

theres no re learning, just getting used to pure garbage, combat which relies only on gear, nothing else.

And meele have it broken even more. Mage is quite playable with action mode, just need to tab alot. Priest is most broken of all.

17 minutes ago, babeln said:

funny thing is, i met many people from bns in roi "we needed to relearn this"

theres no re learning, just getting used to pure garbage, combat which relies only on gear, nothing else.

And meele have it broken even more. Mage is quite playable with action mode, just need to tab alot. Priest is most broken of all.

I can't agree more ,the combat is utterly crappy .Played both ,mage and priest. Their air combat were even worse,least for priest.Berseker were kind of ok but boring .The slow casting skills for ranged were a pain comparing to BnS fast paced combat.My hype died straight after lvl 25.That game have a long way until it gets playable :D

On mount issue, if the place is far Windstride is the best option. How the hell does mount help you move across other continent? I don't get why you nitpick on this. The only problem I have is the cost for windstriding long distance. Anyway, buy the time you hit level cap you will earn enough money that it wouldn't impact you.

On 9/18/2016 at 4:59 AM, Marqin said:

Ride the cat! :D (Lyns are small enough)

Yo, as a summoner you should be able to change your familiar's appearance and make it a mount. Nice.

7 minutes ago, Windy said:

I can't agree more ,the combat is utterly crappy .Played both ,mage and priest. Their air combat were even worse,least for priest.Berseker were kind of ok but boring .The slow casting skills for ranged were a pain comparing to BnS fast paced combat.My hype died straight after lvl 25.That game have a long way until it gets playable :D

but! what i was wondering, both producers and kinda similar, with similar reputation

both released years old korean game now

both are kinda p2w like hell

and both have super toxic comunity lol - this what amazes me why! it is internet? no, there are games with nice comunity

dont take me wrong, im staying with bns, i just sometimes wanna throw up after experiences in f8 lol

and to answer, i played both too... as priest you gotta switch to lance, if you wanna heal yourself, then switch back to crossbow, lol

-The game progression is linear you just have to walk to the town or hub manually once then use teleporter after that. The reason is to have you immerse and appreciate scenery.

-Teleporter cooldown of 2 min is not really a problem you just have to think about what you want to do at each zone and don't forget anything so you don't have to travel back and forth. There are other games with longer cooldown and I haven't seen anyone complained.

-Teleportation cost is one of the cheapest among games and it's negligible.

-Combat mode prevent you from escaping? Other games with combat mode are worse. At least in this game you can iframe or pet taunt out of leash distance.

-Oh potion have cooldown and you can't spam it to facetank everything? Because the game concept revolves around timing block and iframe so if you get hit it's your own duty to maintain your health. If you want to spam potion and facetank everything you should play other typical mmorpg like trickster online or ragnarok online.

-Oh you can spam potion in this game too by using hongmoon riceball and fortune potion but normally "good players" don't want to waste them on regular combat.

To me "Mounts" are just band-aids in most cases.

It's not like you have mounts like Flyff or DOMO in most games.

OMG bb, and dont play, mounts really? dont need on this game will destroy it

teleport 2m ? take premium lvl 4+ will be faster. i have lvl 9 and have 0s

this gave have uniq combat system. is best game ever, and other

p.s. - ya have minuses , bad optimization, spike lag ping , i find only 2 problem disappointed me 1 ip block for CIS . 2 market fess (not about register but sell fess)

On 25. 9. 2016 at 4:39 AM, Dominator said:

OMG bb, and dont play, mounts really? dont need on this game will destroy it

teleport 2m ? take premium lvl 4+ will be faster. i have lvl 9 and have 0s

this gave have uniq combat system. is best game ever, and other

p.s. - ya have minuses , bad optimization, spike lag ping , i find only 2 problem disappointed me 1 ip block for CIS . 2 market fess (not about register but sell fess)

Yes from all mmos out there it has probably best combat, cool mechanics, important. Some cool looking, some too sexist, but great outfits, important.

Thats why it wins for me, still.

But dev never failing with uber cashgrab events, but failing with almost everything else, from bug fixing, optimalisation, to simple banning hackers, sucks.

Super toxic comunity sucks probably even more.

So its just mediocre, atm theres nothing better to play, ya.

8 hours ago, Akebika said:

Yep the game is dead,  ☺️

It always put a smile on my face whenever I read comments like this. First I saw comments like this here on BnS was after 2months of its release and look it seems someone predicted it's death..... again. :3

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, CJade said:

It's nice to have mounts that can carry you while doing Quests in Silverfrost region. Since you haven't unlocked the Dragonspire for that location the walk and run is tedious. 

Yea mounts are awesome and all... but you.. necro´ed a 6 months old thread..

What do I like about BnS? The story. The visuals. The character's looks. The environment. The music. Mostly the story! It gets more and more interesting as you progress and now I'm desperately waiting for more. BnS is the very first game in my life where I actually read the text for the quests/main quest! The characters are interesting and I love to see how the story advances. Yes I'm mostly here for the story.

Gearing up/upgrading?.... Nope, not really my style. I have 2 mains with 600-ish AP and a bunch of alts. I could've just geared one character but I love lvling alts. I love to see them get stronger. BnS is very visually pleasing and honestly I just love the music. It gives me a good option to destress. I love to see my pretty characters doing pretty skill combos on pretty places, listening to pretty music. I think that's why I still like BnS. It changed a lot ever since I started to play 1 year ago. I'm not playing it religiously (not enough free time), but when I do, I enjoy.

Edit: LOL I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS THREAD WAS NECRO'D. MY BAD

I can understand if people don't like this game. There're many real reasons for it. But I disagree with thread opener in most of the points. Seams like the typically causal player problem, where you need everything quite easy. I know alot of people who're not that strong ingame and they know many other people are much stronger. But they never complained about healing potion cooldown or not having mounts. They just give there best and have fun with the game.

I would agree with you if you say "stamina bar is not long enough" (20s max at 45 ... 40s or 60s would be really nice - with upcomming updates you will have 30s), 3min waiting time for next port is too long for this kind of gameplay or E-Mail Code for login is stupid. I also agree it's hard to get gold below level 50 (but you can farm alot of gold if you know how to do it) or that you don't like instance based games (same for me). But except last one I don't see any (of your) arguments which makes the game to the worst mmorpg (and the last one is not enough to make it the worst one, because there're other instance based games with worse gamplay).

Mounts in this game dont make sense yes is cool but no use for mounts in this game.

This game is not a open world game (and this yes is 1 big failure in BS)

Yes this game have to many teleports and can be very boring all the time in loading but is the least problame in game.

And guild system is this game is so bad and no this 6v6 guild dont help.

1 hour ago, KzE said:

I dont think he will care if you agree/disagree

18 Sep 2016 
  • LAST VISITED

22 Sep 2016

Ops, why someone posted in this thread after so long time? I just wasn't few days not active in forum an saw this thread and just answered. ^^ But ty.

@Fufia The game not being open world is kinda understandable to a degree. If you think about it, it was the only design choice which would make this game with it's combat system work. If you aren't paying attention here's a thing - every boss out there in B&S is always placed on a flat surface. Just let that sync in and what it means in the context of open world.

20 minutes ago, Half said:

Ops, why someone posted in this thread after so long time? I just wasn't few days not active in forum an saw this thread and just answered. ^^ But ty.

Necromancers attacking forum again :D

1.What i dont like is the rng but we have that on many games but not to that extend, example premium silverfrost transformation stones, i have only 1 and i failed 8 times now to make another, thats absurd for the amount of money and mats it recruires.

2.New content thats weekly....wtf is that. first time i see this.

3.Healing potions cooldown are bull if u ask me since the better ones have less cd(30sec) than the lower ones(60sec) you would expect the opposite to be true.

4.Fire/cores in dungeons that can kill u if u go to close to them....why? wasnt a simple wall easier.....

5.Also pointless the whole we are not like any other mmo, u dont need tanks or healers here.....since for end game not only do u need certain classes but also cannot do some dungeons without them, see EC.

6.Has a huge beautifull world and doesnt use it, at high/end game lvls u spend your time in instances than in the open word which kinda a waste of all the beautiful places you could visit while doing dailies.

7.Clan size limit...just why? so i cannot have my friends join my clan and play all together?

8.NO KICK OPTION.....you already hurt my feeling and made me feel unwelcome not letting me join a clan i want because of size , dont worry u wont hurt my feeling by having me kicked.....SERIOUSLY.

9.no ap limit to dungeon....yeah if u are 33lvl and want to join gloom its cool everything is fine....its all perfect

*adding more now that i remember

1 hour ago, Jack Meoff said:

One of the worst MMORPG's I have played every, indeed. However, nothing comes close to being the worst staff and bending rules though. 

- Clan name got changed once a year ago (I understand)

- Character name got changed a year ago (I understand)

- Banned a year ago for 3 days (No reason, I told them before I got warned about my name, and apologized beforehand)

- Character name change today for no reason, after 1 year. The staff saw my name, other people saw my name, for one year, they didn't care or mind, it didn't break any rules, but suddenly now that someone reported my name, they mind it and it apparently breaks rules. Funny part is, even the forums approved of the name.

- Game becoming more and more pay2win, no matter how much you play, the people who pay will be ahead of you always and rek your ass. (NCoins>Gold/GoldRMT/TroveEvent)

- Bad optimization and patches (FPS issues, crashing and GameGuard)

- New patch and 64-bit gave me blue screen of death error, can't turn on PC anymore(Have to reformat or fix somehow and I am not the only person)

- Bending rules and hypocritical/contradicting staff (If you want more information, just ask)

Most games are p2w these days and u know what as a f2p im fine by it, only 1% would be very ahead of u, the rest might have a little bit advantage but idc since they are paying to keep the game alive and healthy.If u are willing to spend your lifes savings to a game im cool with it , its your money u should do what u want.A publisher needs ways to make money since the game is f2p unless it was p2p in which case p2w is unaccetable.

27 minutes ago, MasterYoda said:

1.What i dont like is the rng but we have that on many games but not to that extend, example premium silverfrost transformation stones, i have only 1 and i failed 8 times now to make another, thats absurd for the amount of money and mats it recruires.
Totally agree 110% The rng in this game is sickening. I know its rng but ive never came across rng like this in any game, ever. The amount you put on the line for such a high and constant failure rate is just absurd. Not to mention NCSoft actually ninja nerfs cash shop rng overtime. For example they would release a box and the rate for getting most sought after prizes(eg. outfit) would be a certain amount from the get go to lure in would be buyers/gamblers, then they'd silently nerf the rng later on. Thats pretty god dammed shady, more so when real money is involved. Thats why I've stayed away from cash rng after rough customer.

2.New content thats weekly....wtf is that. first time i see this.
Dunno about this, stopped grinding for a while.

3.Healing potions cooldown are bull if u ask me since the better ones have less cd(30sec) than the lower ones(60sec) you would expect the opposite to be true.
Neither here nor there where potions are concerned. Neutral

4.Fire/cores in dungeons that can kill u if u go to close to them....why? wasnt a simple wall easier.....
Same as previous, neutral.

5.Also pointless the whole we are not like any other mmo, u dont need tanks or healers here.....since for end game not only do u need certain classes but also cannot do some dungeons without them, see EC.
Yea this is true somewhat but only with certain class patches. The most recent one has made destro near useless in terms of valuable role in a party.

6.Has a huge beautifull world and doesnt use it, at high/end game lvls u spend your time in instances than in the open word which kinda a waste of all the beautiful places you could visit while doing dailies.
Totally agree 110% the scenery and sheer size of the world is put to complete waste because majority of one's time is spent inside of instances

7.Clan size limit...just why? so i cannot have my friends join my clan and play all together?
Im not sure what you mean with this. Clan size can go higher than 70 if i remember correctl(after leveling up clan ofc). What would be cool however is clans being able to create a union among themselves. And have clan wars like every weekend or something where Unioned clans fight other Union clans/stand alone clans for dominion over lets say a certain territories. So for example a viridian coast terrirory, a cinderlands terrirory, a moonwater plains terriory. But the instance for the battlefield for each terrirory is not in world.

8.NO KICK OPTION.....you already hurt my feeling and made me feel unwelcome not letting me join a clan i want because of size , dont worry u wont hurt my feeling by having me kicked.....SERIOUSLY.
Dont understand what you mean with this.

9.no ap limit to dungeon....yeah if u are 33lvl and want to join gloom its cool everything is fine....its all perfect
You need to finish certain stories/quest stories to be eligible to DO certain dungeons. lvl 33 doing gloom is impossible I think.

*adding more now that i remember

one thing i complain about this game also i believe im not the only one for it and which is the lag, im in australia and for me the game has high ping, my main is warlock, so as soul burn and dragon call they have like 2 or 3 secs delay after i pressed down the key and with that spike some team member complain about the bad soul burn timing

8 hours ago, K4t said:

The clan size is 80 max at clan lvl 15.The leader of my clan is looking to kick people who havent logged in recently so he can add new ones.And the clan max lvl is 15 it doesn't go above that so max 80 people only.

With no kick option I mean when in dungeon and I have a player afk

And we are 4man I need the option to kick so I can recruit.

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived