One of the worst mmorpgs I've ever played.

NotTonyStark

2 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Personal insults on the poster will get you no where and you wonder why new people leave the game

Except he's not attacking him. Merely claiming the irrelevance. I am in agreement with Shukran.

2 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

I agree some of his complaints is nitpicking but still to just say buh bye is just rude

Honestly it's not rude. This kind of topic (especially given the OP can't be arsed to get to lv 50 minimum) is non-sense to begin with and deserves about as much time and effort as just telling someone good bye.

46 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

PvP - I'd rather push a stick down my throat and throw up than touch PvP in this game. If I want an "e-sport" I'll go and play something that's actually BALANCED and DOESN'T RELY ON PING, like Street Fighter. Being in any country other than the US automatically means you have much higher ping due to shitty servers. I'm in Canada and every night I regularly experience 300-400ping, I hate to imagine it for other places like SEA. How're you supposed to PvP, especially with melee classes that relies on reflexes (assassin, BM, KFM) if you have twice the ping as others?

Few things. #1 I have a horrible ISP (3mbps down, 0.3 mbps up) because I live remotely (Walmart is 1/2 hour drive away) and my ping is about 200-250 so honestly it's not that bad in BnS. #2 Are you seriously comparing BnS an FTP MMORPG to Street Fighter V? That's like biting into chocolate and expecting it to taste like an orange.

32 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

You do realize SF5 can do peer to peer (in fact I think it doesn't even have servers)? It doesn't rely on shitty servers like NCS has? I.e. it doesn't rely on shitty server ping?

So what else did you find wrong with my statement? Next time do some more research.

But at most the fight is between 2 people? MMOs won't ever be peer-to-peer the interface can't be built to handle the number of users and inputs for that. In addition the responses in a game like SV5 are relevant to each other. For example the moves/counter or whatever are only relevant to the inputs given by the user opposite. BnS requires the game to give input/feedback/load based on requests. Pressing F to access the marketplace vendor is never going to be peer-to-peer because there's no 2nd user to base the input off of.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally would love to see mounts in game, purely because it adds another thing to collect like with outfits and because it'll make getting around more fun ^.^

The game I played before BnS, Tera, it had loadssss of really nice mounts and I can only imagine how awesome BnS's mounts would be in comparison...

TERA_ScreenShot_20151021_004631_zps80knw

TERA_ScreenShot_20150120_121753_zpsr7pen

TERA_ScreenShot_20150310_094722_zpsmyvgv

TERA_ScreenShot_20150330_160853_zpsxfde3TERA_ScreenShot_20140925_210122_zpsvfdqu

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

PS. Personally I am torn between should we have mounts or not but as summoner I would find it rather stupid looking to have mount and cat running behind or sitting on the mount. Wouldn't look too good.

Ride the cat! :D (Lyns are small enough)

OP forgot to point out an actual, legit problem with the game. It wasn't properly westernized and its western community is appalling at best from a general perspective. Tbh I've had a better time dealing with people in EU than in NA if I'm to sum up my entire experience in both regions.

1 hour ago, Spudsy2061 said:

But at most the fight is between 2 people? MMOs won't ever be peer-to-peer the interface can't be built to handle the number of users and inputs for that. In addition the responses in a game like SV5 are relevant to each other. For example the moves/counter or whatever are only relevant to the inputs given by the user opposite. BnS requires the game to give input/feedback/load based on requests. Pressing F to access the marketplace vendor is never going to be peer-to-peer because there's no 2nd user to base the input off of.

Arena is not 1v1?

I'm talking about PvP, when was I talking about PvE lag? That's a completely different story. BnS has the worst lag of any MMO I've ever played anyways.

5 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

Arena is not 1v1?

I'm talking about PvP, when was I talking about PvE lag? That's a completely different story. BnS has the worst lag of any MMO I've ever played anyways.

But then how do you build an interface that runs ping-to-sever to peer-to-peer just to go into arena? You can't build that kind of system, it's impossible. You'd have to log in order to swap over.

5 minutes ago, Spudsy2061 said:

But then how do you build an interface that runs ping-to-sever to peer-to-peer just to go into arena? You can't build that kind of system, it's impossible. You'd have to log in order to swap over.

I didn't say it was possible. If you read my previous post I was saying if I want balanced and non-laggy PvP I'll just go play a game that's purely PvP, i.e. Street Fighter. If a MMO is going to focus on PvP at least it should have proper servers that don't explode every night due to higher player traffic. It's entirely pathetic that I live in the country closest to the US (where the servers are) yet suffer 300-400+ ping every single night, making both PvE and PvP non-enjoyable. Tera had PvP too, yet I rarely if ever go over 100ish ping on that game, why? Cause better servers that run on something that's not hamsters.

19 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

I didn't say it was possible. If you read my previous post I was saying if I want balanced and non-laggy PvP I'll just go play a game that's purely PvP, i.e. Street Fighter. If a MMO is going to focus on PvP at least it should have proper servers that don't explode every night due to higher player traffic. It's entirely pathetic that I live in the country closest to the US (where the servers are) yet suffer 300-400+ ping every single night, making both PvE and PvP non-enjoyable. Tera had PvP too, yet I rarely if ever go over 100ish ping on that game, why? Cause better servers that run on something that's not hamsters.

Couple of things wrong with this. #1 Stop comparing an MMO vs a Fighter. There's no relevance or base for anything Street Fighter to come into BnS, especially since SFV is more console focused (yes it's available on PC, but more played/built for console play). #2 You make the assumption BnS is PvP focused. It is not. It's balanced focus from PvP to PvE in my eyes and even slightly more PvE focused.

In addendum to that it's less about country proximity to where the servers actually are. For example my League ping reduced when they moved from Seattle to Chicago with their servers as I'm on the east coast. If you're in Toronto and the servers are in SoCal you're not getting much love compared to if the servers were in say, Detroit.

The applying of a verification code every day is likely on your end.  I know I had a problem with my provider and when they FINALLY fixed it, that daily verification ended.

Are you still leveling?  Because I hear often about these extreme costs to wind stride and I've never seen it.  Even when I started, I was wind striding everywhere to save time :p  Yeah, I have to run to the next area, but after that, there's generally a wind stride and BAM I'm there.  :p  I've hardly ever had to wind stride so much that I had to wait for a cool down of it to finish.

Are you crawling away when you die?  Because I do.  Yeah, it's a bit slow, but I didn't find it that terrible and the places I've died the most where level 50+ places anyways :p

You have to verify your IP address when it changes. In Germany for example it's common to be disconnected from the internet every 24 hours. When reconnecting you will get a different IP. The providers offer static IPs for businesses but they are very expensive.

I'm glad NC asks me to verify my IP because it saved me from beeing hacked once while I played Aion.

Windstriding at lower levels is wasting coins unless you have premium and killing 5 mobs will provide the cost for a windstride. But the cost does not rise much in higher level zones while the quest rewards do. So windstriding is cheap later on.

On 9/18/2016 at 9:24 PM, SilentOne said:

PS: If you judge the game after 4 days, when you did not reached even 20% of the game content, i assume you are just silly filly

Reached lvl50, I still don't like the game and I found more cons. Crafting is extremely bad, you have to wait 24 hours to craft a transformation stone, which makes them very expensive. There is no decent way to make money until you reach higher levels (48-50) because you have nothing to sell. You need 2g 50s to upgrade the weapon (lvl 45) and 2 gold for a moonwater trans stone so there isn't much left for teleporting.  And the other jobs seem to really matter only when you reach endgame, some of them aren't important at all (like Earthseers, Merry potters, Silver Cauldron). 

1 hour ago, NotTonyStark said:

Reached lvl50, I still don't like the game and I found more cons. Crafting is extremely bad, you have to wait 24 hours to craft a transformation stone, which makes them very expensive. There is no decent way to make money until you reach higher levels (48-50) because you have nothing to sell. You need 2g 50s to upgrade the weapon (lvl 45) and 2 gold for a moonwater trans stone so there isn't much left for teleporting.  And the other jobs seem to really matter only when you reach endgame, some of them aren't important at all (like Earthseers, Merry potters, Silver Cauldron). 

You seem pretty naive when it comes to this game.  You do little to no research but spend time complaining about things that could be resolved after a few minutes of searching.  Go google the crafting transformation stone issue you're having and tell us how long it took you to get the answer. 

I thot aggro mobs was in most games?

There are no mounts BCUS of the windwalk system. But it sucks at low levels. 

Im not sure what game youre looking for but...basic attacks aoe? How wud that be balanced?? (Pvp????!!!!) 

And i guess this game is instance based cus its easier programing? (No idea honestly) 

Also, the tutorial TEACHES you that you need to meditate outside of a aggro circle. :/ 

Ur vision of realistic is a little ridiculous for an actual game. If you cud just 1 shot a mob thatd be game over. I mean, classes all can cc mobs and just move on. But ur still in combat mode. I'd rather just kill them. Also I like killing trail mobs on alts for the exp. 

Altho I think its fair to ask what other mmos you've played? Ive never played overwatch or LOL or what have you so I cannot compare my experience to those. 

I hav played tera, and the things you are frustrated over are the same there. Maybe not the teleporting. And I dont recall if it has wep repair. 

On 9/18/2016 at 0:59 PM, Faline said:

I personally would love to see mounts in game, purely because it adds another thing to collect like with outfits and because it'll make getting around more fun ^.^

The game I played before BnS, Tera, it had loadssss of really nice mounts and I can only imagine how awesome BnS's mounts would be in comparison...

TERA_ScreenShot_20151021_004631_zps80knw

TERA_ScreenShot_20150120_121753_zpsr7pen

TERA_ScreenShot_20150310_094722_zpsmyvgv

TERA_ScreenShot_20150330_160853_zpsxfde3TERA_ScreenShot_20140925_210122_zpsvfdqu

I gotta agree that, while I dont particularly want or need mounts for bns, seeing cool mount creatures based on the bns world or lore would be cool. And I DONT mean using alredy ingame models as mounts. I mean creating a new model, even if its based off of an in game mount (not reskinned either!!)

4 hours ago, NotTonyStark said:

I had to respond- congrats on making me post something. Merry potter is so so so so very important. I feel like you're just rushing content and never bothering to look at the game in more detail. Consider looking up guides, joining a guild to ask for help, or going with friends? 

Regarding of Mount vs Windwalk, I prefer Windwalk, cuz:

From what I know, mounts in most MMORPG are pretty much just a mean to travel on ground on on sky, except for Lord of the Rings Online where you can do horse fight, but not that big of an impact to the game. You cannot bring them to dungeons, and you tend to not have much freedom of movements with your move.

Meanwhile, even though limited by stamina bar, Windwalk offers you a greater degree of freedom. You can jump high. You can glide. And, you can run on wall, vertically and horizontally. A big plus is that you can use them everywhere, from open world, dungeon to pvp. This makes mob-skipping very accessible in some dungeons, such as Blackram Supply Chain, Bloodshade Harbor...

Not mentioned that except for Skypetal Plains cuz of how big it is, there is not much of a place that needs a mount to travel too when Windwalk already covers it pretty well. Quests are given along the way from one teleport point to another, and you might as well spend only a few bars to reach your new destinations. If you know the trick, you can even arrive there with nearly full stamina bar.

Plus, mounts that are too big are often an eye-sore, IMO. I don't want to see the vault of House of Pleasure full of people riding oversized Iron Ox overlapping each other. It would make the place look like a stable instead.

1 hour ago, studioMagicalFox said:

Regarding the cool down for windwalking. It resets to 0 if you switch channels. Not that I have ever even noticed the cool down was there.

I've only noticed it a couple of times and it's never been very long, and usually when I went to the wrong place to begin with that I did notice :p  But didnt know about the switching channels, so that's good to know :)

16 hours ago, Brand X said:

I've only noticed it a couple of times and it's never been very long, and usually when I went to the wrong place to begin with that I did notice :p  But didnt know about the switching channels, so that's good to know :)

Yeah that's the only time the cooldown has ever gotten me and I can't really blame the game because I went to the wrong place so my fault I eat the cooldown. I didn't know about the change channel either good to know

On 18. 9. 2016 at 10:00 PM, Sikanda said:

It may be bad all you want, it won't be as bad as those MMORPGs where the mob starts the auto-attack animation and hits your even though you're 10 Parsec away.

This reason is enough to keep people playing this game.

This, lol, cant believe such games exists, and they do! even freshly "released". One with mounts. Couldnt believe wtf is this.

Archived