CrimsonKitsune

Why Lie?

Recommended Posts

Tell me why is it when people ask legitimate questions about why there are so few people and if the game is dying some people feel it necessary to either be slightly dishonest with them, half truth and half lie and fully dishonest with them. You do realize they will eventually see through your lies and it won't help the game. Lets come up with solutions to attract new people instead of being dishonest :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   

I dont think ppl lie. There are many players at lvl50, but the truth is, the player base is in rapid decline. With this rate, we will need another merge around winter/spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
22 minutes ago, KzE said:

With this rate, we will need another merge around winter/spring.

I doubt that. There is no content where you need really many people.  Most people do dungeons via F8 and there it doesnt matter if the people are from the same server or not. Having more people on the same server would not affect most of all players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
15 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

I doubt that. There is no content where you need really many people.  Most people do dungeons via F8 and there it doesnt matter if the people are from the same server or not. Having more people on the same server would not affect most of all players.

You will need ppl for 24 man content later. F8 is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
18 minutes ago, KzE said:

You will need ppl for 24 man content later. F8 is a joke.

And you want to tell me that there will be no 24 people on your server? It will be like ssp. There will be enough people because it's a useful 24 man raid. Also good to have a clan for that. And to be honest: The raid is not that hard that you need the top 24 players from the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avalyn   

Even F8 is half dead, the people who are top gear run tomb over and over and the people who are low gear run 6 mans, the people caught in the middle end up having barely anyone to farm the other 4 mans with. And F9 is like 70% dead because even though a lot of people enjoy PvP soulstone prices have absolutely tanked and if you want to get anywhere in the game you can't spend all your time in F9 anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
7 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

And you want to tell me that there will be no 24 people on your server?

For a weekly raid? What if i miss that single group? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
1 minute ago, KzE said:

For a weekly raid? What if i miss that single group? :D

Ah, you are talking about even later raids. Ok, but honestly, no one knows what will happen until then and we wont get that content anywhere soon. I was referring to midnight plains.

 

Many people even with ~ 700 ap run 6 man, no idea why. I dont see a problem finding people in F8. Its just that many people wanna join groups, not look by himself. Its the same in every game. People can do 4 man with 550 ap or even less but they dont want that because most "low" gear people are simply not that good. But thats not the fault of others or of the developer. Saying they dont have people to do dungeons is just an excuse. F9 doesnt Need any discussion. Ist not half dead because of soulstones. Its dead because the pvp is unbalanced shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
58 minutes ago, Avalyn said:

Even F8 is half dead, the people who are top gear run tomb over and over and the people who are low gear run 6 mans, the people caught in the middle end up having barely anyone to farm the other 4 mans with. And F9 is like 70% dead because even though a lot of people enjoy PvP soulstone prices have absolutely tanked and if you want to get anywhere in the game you can't spend all your time in F9 anymore.

So you are saying the soulstone prices are the issue and not the fact that 3v3 and 1v1 rankings are utter bs because people just trade wins and no legitimate player gets rewarded for his effort? mkay...

 

1 hour ago, Avalyn said:

Even F8 is half dead, the people who are top gear run tomb over and over and the people who are low gear run 6 mans, the people caught in the middle end up having barely anyone to farm the other 4 mans with. And F9 is like 70% dead because even though a lot of people enjoy PvP soulstone prices have absolutely tanked and if you want to get anywhere in the game you can't spend all your time in F9 anymore.

The undergeared players as you call them, just need to start upgrading. Weapon upgrades are super cheap now. I do F8 daily for the daily challenges and my dungeon runs and have no issue finding people. Maybe ppl should make normal requirements and not ask for 650AP+ for a nerfed yeti dungeon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avalyn   

Well let me ask you, what constitutes F9 being alive and well? When there's consistently a lot of people in queue throughout most of the day. If people are in there for ranking which is the only thing that would be affected by win trade, they are only going to queue a few times to boost their rating up (unless they tilt hard), and then get out and hold onto that rank. They are not going to be the kind of people that create an F9 with a large number of people consistently in queue throughout the day so it's pretty obvious that this is not the problem.

 

The kind of people that do create a healthy F9, are only 2 types (which are not mutually exclusive):

1) People who enjoy PvP for the sake of PvP

2) People who want to farm beans (there are HM skills from this, yes, but those are finite and soulstones are the only things that people will farm indefinitely). Or XP farming. But this isn't a very efficient way especially at high HM level and requires you to have a high win rate, so we can exclude this part.

 

Obviously as you can see from the current status of F9 (or just by inference as this is almost guaranteed to be the case in any game except pure PvP games), the 1st type of people are only a very small portion of the population. Back in the day, even bots wanted to farm beans. The 2nd category was huge,and it was the major thing keeping F9 alive. The overlap between 1 and 2 is people who like PvP and found that the soulstones they got were enough money to allow them to devote their time to PvP over PvE and farming dailies for gold.

 

The current soulstone prices have killed off type 2 and the type 1+2 overlaps. Only the really diehard type 1's are remaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
15 minutes ago, Avalyn said:

Well let me ask you, what constitutes F9 being alive and well? When there's consistently a lot of people in queue throughout most of the day. If people are in there for ranking which is the only thing that would be affected by win trade, they are only going to queue a few times to boost their rating up (unless they tilt hard), and then get out and hold onto that rank. They are not going to be the kind of people that create an F9 with a large number of people consistently in queue throughout the day so it's pretty obvious that this is not the problem.

 

The kind of people that do create a healthy F9, are only 2 types (which are not mutually exclusive):

1) People who enjoy PvP for the sake of PvP

2) People who want to farm beans (there are HM skills from this, yes, but those are finite and soulstones are the only things that people will farm indefinitely). Or XP farming. But this isn't a very efficient way especially at high HM level and requires you to have a high win rate, so we can exclude this part.

 

Obviously as you can see from the current status of F9 (or just by inference as this is almost guaranteed to be the case in any game except pure PvP games), the 1st type of people are only a very small portion of the population. Back in the day, even bots wanted to farm beans. The 2nd category was huge,and it was the major thing keeping F9 alive. The overlap between 1 and 2 is people who like PvP and found that the soulstones they got were enough money to allow them to devote their time to PvP over PvE and farming dailies for gold.

 

The current soulstone prices have killed off type 2 and the type 1+2 overlaps. Only the really diehard type 1's are remaining.

Players that just do it for the rank + season rewards, get to the rank and then dont do arena anymore so they do not derank -> F9 dying out

For farming beans 3v3 is much easier and faster hence no one who just wants to farm that will do 1v1.

 

Why bother with beans for soulstones if you get 3-4 times the amount from a few 6v6 matches and SSP?

 

That leaves only a handful of people who actually do arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avalyn   

The people that wanted rank were always there but I don't believe most of the top players who are in a position that actually matters for the rewards actually care about it that much, and even if they did it would only matter at the last week of the season. Also because by mid season gold is fairly easy for most people and plats and diamonds are quite few without the inflation, holding onto the medal by not queuing isn't really as big a thing anymore.

 

Even 3v3 is quite dead now though. If you go in you barely see anyone posting lobbies like before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Tell me why is it when people ask legitimate questions about why there are so few people and if the game is dying some people feel it necessary to either be slightly dishonest with them, half truth and half lie and fully dishonest with them. You do realize they will eventually see through your lies and it won't help the game. Lets come up with solutions to attract new people instead of being dishonest :)  

Does anyone know what the 'health' (population wise) of the game is in Korea, Taiwan or Japan? I'm curious if the issue in question is one specific to NA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, studioMagicalFox said:

Does anyone know what the 'health' (population wise) of the game is in Korea, Taiwan or Japan? I'm curious if the issue in question is one specific to NA.

I dont hav numbers but I can say TW has had notas many disolving of players. I presume KR too. This is what I am inclined to believe an NA specific problem. 

 

NA players feel (rightfully so) that a game shud offer more fruitful reward for any and all efforts. The swipe has created quite some disparity. Altho I also do not think this is the only reason ppl quit. I wonder if the current state of the game's functional stability is also largely frustrating. Frankly, NA players feel they have a right to a better gaming experience between player and company/game; which is important. In other asian servers they just accept the game as it is. They may hav diff economies there in their own player communities. I do think that no one does get left in the dust because veterans there are still willing to help new and gear struggling players. 

 

I was obviously a foreigner and requesting assistance with the plog boss where a breakthru is needed. I get pmd in mandarin and express that I dont understand. This person proceeds to send me the actual wep. As well, in BSH i was a noob with awakened profane and struggled a lot compared to other players at breeze or higher. The players there specifically ensured to help my poor dying toon (lol) and offered some friendly regard expressing sympathy through the language barrier. A kind of, lets help ya out. 

The community there seems to be more communal in the way they engage in content and are very patient with noobs and gear. They were willing to explain confusing dungeon mechanics to me despite the language barrier and to keep trying a few times after a few wipes. Pls note that these experiences were basically all F8 tw players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

I dont hav numbers but I can say TW has had notas many disolving of players. I presume KR too. This is what I am inclined to believe an NA specific problem. 

 

NA players feel (rightfully so) that a game shud offer more fruitful reward for any and all efforts. The swipe has created quite some disparity. Altho I also do not think this is the only reason ppl quit. I wonder if the current state of the game's functional stability is also largely frustrating. Frankly, NA players feel they have a right to a better gaming experience between player and company/game; which is important. In other asian servers they just accept the game as it is. They may hav diff economies there in their own player communities. I do think that no one does get left in the dust because veterans there are still willing to help new and gear struggling players. 

 

I was obviously a foreigner and requesting assistance with the plog boss where a breakthru is needed. I get pmd in mandarin and express that I dont understand. This person proceeds to send me the actual wep. As well, in BSH i was a noob with awakened profane and struggled a lot compared to other players at breeze or higher. The players there specifically ensured to help my poor dying toon (lol) and offered some friendly regard expressing sympathy through the language barrier. A kind of, lets help ya out. 

The community there seems to be more communal in the way they engage in content and are very patient with noobs and gear. They were willing to explain confusing dungeon mechanics to me despite the language barrier and to keep trying a few times after a few wipes. Pls note that these experiences were basically all F8 tw players. 

I am Chinese and I think that it is obviously a difference in culture. Perhaps the liberal upbringing of Americans and Europeans actually makes them more self centered and competitive?

 

Also think about it this way. I know Chinese people spend lot of money on games. Pay 2 win is very real for Chinese people. Our credit cards do our grinding. Therefore we have room to be more patient with newcomers because we don't need to be running dungeons for efficiency, for money. We just swipe our cards and get everything we want instantly. In this server indeed people feel they need to get good things in minimal time spending the least amount of money. Some of course do spend a lot of money. But the whole culture is of competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuronee   

See the game is not dying. I constantly see abundance of players and new players. See the difference between  our region and others us simple.

 

Na/eu=hate grind and want to be spoiled brats having everything handed to them on a spoon. Hates anyone who higher them in gear.  So Na/Eu wants blade & soul to be super easy and give them max gear instantly

 

CN= Has the grind but China loves p2w. So they buy Thier way to gear but some do grind for it.

 

Tw= grind but not as much as other regions. also little p2w from what I heard. Generally nicer the Na/Eu

 

jp=know nothing about them

 

Kr=much nicer to Thier players  but they don't like allowing  non korean speaking players talking in Thier chat. More grind and home to the game.  Competitive and have amazing ping/skill compared to other servers. Home of all changes  What they say goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

I wonder if the current state of the game's functional stability is also largely frustrating. Frankly, NA players feel they have a right to a better gaming experience between player and company/game; which is importante

I think this gets to the heart of the matter for sure. It's not only that  EU/NA players expect a certain level of quality control in their games (Japan also because that country's game industry has a lot of  industry cross-over with EU/NA) but also the game BnS was heavily hyped prior to being released by the gaming press/media. I remember reading about it in gaming magazines for several years always being listed as one of 'the most anticipated mmos of 20??-2016. I also remember gaming wags on YouTube and elsewhere posting early look type videos (back when the founder's packs were for sale) and they were all 'nyan cats' over the game telling us we were going to be getting a 'true F2P model' and that the developers were  promising a full port, undiluted with no censorship. They also went on about how awesome the game's mechanics such as combat were. I don't think the media was lying about their perceptions at this point but I wonder if perhaps EU/NA players came to BnS with very high expectations only to not have them met. The western mindset is pretty brutal when dealing with product that fails to live up to expectations.

3 hours ago, Lone Dragon said:

I was obviously a foreigner and requesting assistance with the plog boss where a breakthru is needed. I get pmd in mandarin and express that I dont understand. This person proceeds to send me the actual wep. As well, in BSH i was a noob with awakened profane and struggled a lot compared to other players at breeze or higher. The players there specifically ensured to help my poor dying toon (lol) and offered some friendly regard expressing sympathy through the language barrier. A kind of, lets help ya out. 

The community there seems to be more communal in the way they engage in content and are very patient with noobs and gear. They were willing to explain confusing dungeon mechanics to me despite the language barrier and to keep trying a few times after a few wipes. Pls note that these experiences were basically all F8 tw players. 

You are really making me want to go play with these Asian gamers. Unfortunately my Mandarian is likely worse than yours. I do speak some Japanese but I have a feeling the experience of being a foreigner playing on their server would not match the one you had with Taiwan. Japanese players are notorious for not being of fans of games that put them in the position of having to play with strangers (let alone foreigners), this is one reason World of Warcraft never came to Japan and why games like Monster Hunter Online do very well. I'm not saying people there are unfriendly mind you, perhaps just a bit shy when it comes to hanging out. Anyway yeah now I want to check the Chinese servers and gamer community out for sure they sound cool (so who cares if they are wallet warriors).

 

3 hours ago, Lone Dragon said:

I am Chinese and I think that it is obviously a difference in culture. Perhaps the liberal upbringing of Americans and Europeans actually makes them more self centered and competitive?

3 hours ago, Lone Dragon said:

In this server indeed people feel they need to get good things in minimal time spending the least amount of money. Some of course do spend a lot of money. But the whole culture is of competition.

Hammer ---->>> Head of Nail  <----@Lone Dragon, sir you have hit it with resounding precision. 

 

Edited by studioMagicalFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kuronee said:

See the game is not dying. I constantly see abundance of players and new players. See the difference between  our region and others us simple.

 

Na/eu=hate grind and want to be spoiled brats having everything handed to them on a spoon. Hates anyone who higher them in gear.  So Na/Eu wants blade & soul to be super easy and give them max gear instantly

 

CN= Has the grind but China loves p2w. So they buy Thier way to gear but some do grind for it.

 

Tw= grind but not as much as other regions. also little p2w from what I heard. Generally nicer the Na/Eu

 

jp=know nothing about them

 

Kr=much nicer to Thier players  but they don't like allowing  non korean speaking players talking in Thier chat. More grind and home to the game.  Competitive and have amazing ping/skill compared to other servers. Home of all changes  What they say goes.

 

Na/Eu will always make the most money for bns because those other countries currency will never equal to us. I can take 1,000 and live like a prince in all of those countries you listed just now. Also its insulting for you to list us as cry babies, when we voice our displeasure that is our right and if it bothers you too bad your feelings don't trump rights. What we want is the game to be a little easier and to be less grindy thats all but thats an egregious sin apparently, To put it blunt cn,tw,kr and jp can't compare to the us dollar if I had to choose between those 4 and these two I'd choose these two any day of the week. I can make triple what I make in those four combined in two countries, hell I think korea prefer koreans to use usd rather than their own dollar. So BNS better listen to the country with the money instead of the other ones.  

Edited by CrimsonKitsune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

 

Na/Eu will always make the most money for bns because those other countries currency will never equal to us. I can take 1,000 and live like a prince in all of those countries you listed just now. Also its insulting for you to list us as cry babies, when we voice our displeasure that is our right and if it bothers you too bad your feelings don't trump rights. What we want is the game to be a little easier and to be less grindy thats all but thats an egregious sin apparently, To put it blunt cn,tw,kr and jp can't compare to the us dollar if I had to choose between those 4 and these two I'd choose these two any day of the week. I can make triple what I make in those four combined in two countries, hell I think korea prefer koreans to use usd rather than their own dollar. So BNS better listen to the country with the money instead of the other ones.  

But how can NCWest control the game design itself? I've seen they can adjust drop rates and the ways key items are supplied. So for that your claim is on the mark. 

 

But like I am not sure if they can actually install new content or drastically change content. But for the sake of access, making things easier definitely helps the game's population growth. I also agree and somewhat admire NA's openness for requesting due quality entertainment. The only thing to keep in mind is, you can't make this foreign game become everything you're looking for. At least I don't think, since its only a branch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

But how can NCWest control the game design itself? I've seen they can adjust drop rates and the ways key items are supplied. So for that your claim is on the mark. 

 

But like I am not sure if they can actually install new content or drastically change content. But for the sake of access, making things easier definitely helps the game's population growth. I also agree and somewhat admire NA's openness for requesting due quality entertainment. The only thing to keep in mind is, you can't make this foreign game become everything you're looking for. At least I don't think, since its only a branch. 

If I recall correctly from one of their streams NCwest cannot do any big changes to the game but they need to contact dev for permission to change things. If dev team gives thumbs up they can change things, if not then they cannot. We already have some exclusive things just for our version tbh but people want more and more and they will never ever get satisfied until the game would be too easy and everyone quits because there is no point playing a game that gets you instantly op. If that were to happen people should expect more bots as there is no money to maintain the game etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

until the game would be too easy and everyone quits because there is no point playing a game that gets you instantly op

Stop this nonsense please. We are far from too easy. The game is not even rewarding your invested time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KzE said:

Stop this nonsense please. We are far from too easy. The game is not even rewarding your invested time.

I said people won't be satisfied until then. Please read properly the whole post and not just parts of it. And yes I know we are far from it but guess what, I find the gearing difficulty just fine for my personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leyren   

"This game is dying", "The playerbase is declining rapidly". Are those nonsense phrases or do you actually check the numbers and facts? Even if you have, in your personal experience, for a single action (e.g. 1v1 pvp), the conception that there are less players playing, it won't mean anything. Of course it is good to think about how to improve this game, but those "this game is dying" comments were and will for a long time be wrong. I heard those in every game I played, some games were said to be dying 10 years ago, and they still exist. So if you want to be taken serious in your suggestions, try to avoid inexperienced predictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now