we really need afk-er kick.. please...

Nopi

3 minutes ago, Raizou said:

I can just presentate my present situation now:

Since 3 weeks i have very long loading screens and also get disconnected by passing the portals. Was reported more than 20 times lol

nah... different.. 5minute loading u'll prob got error connection.. and forced closed.. in my case op loading always like that..  but we already wait for 15minute... so its not loading prob...

They don't implement the kick button/option in the dungeon party because the players may abuse the button, especially in 4m dungeon party. Let's say 3 of the 4 players are from same clan and friend with each other. After they killed the final boss, they can easily just vote to kick the 4th player to get all the loots and the 4th player will have nothing. This can even happen right before killing the final boss if they think 3 people are enough to do so. 

My suggestion would be adding a PIN code along with the vote kick button/option. For example, when 3 of the 4 players voted kick to try to kick you from party, your screen will pop up a message "Are you an afk/leecher? If not, then type in the 4 numbers PIN code shown up with 1 minute and you have up to 3 tries)." This way, it can prevent people abusing the kick button and can get rid of afker/leecher. (Usually the afker/leecher tabbed out from game and do other stuff like watching movie, etc or ran away to do something else in other places.)

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

They don't implement the kick button/option in the dungeon party because the players may abuse the button, especially in 4m dungeon party. Let's say 3 of the 4 players are from same clan and friend with each other. After they killed the final boss, they can easily just vote to kick the 4th player to get all the loots and the 4th player will have nothing. This can even happen right before killing the final boss if they think 3 people are enough to do so. 

My suggestion would be adding a PIN code along with the vote kick button/option. For example, when 3 of the 4 players voted kick to try to kick you from party, your screen will pop up a message "Are you an afk/leecher? If not, then type in the 4 numbers PIN code shown up with 1 minute and you have up to 3 tries)." This way, it can prevent people abusing the kick button and can get rid of afker/leecher. (Usually the afker/leecher tabbed out from game and do other stuff like watching movie, etc or ran away to do something else in other places.)

Or just make it so that you can't kick X minutes after combat/loot drops? Same system Tera has and it has always worked fine.

No idea why BnS don't implement vital yet simple things like this.

any system is great as long as we can kick afk-er... its more and more.. specially in the long dungeons.. like necro or gloom... they just dun wanna def coz its tiring and boring... 

4 hours ago, Maiden Jeanne said:

Some games have implemented a activity-recognition system.. kick vote can be activated when a char passes some times without move during a designated minutes

we have it.. anti afk.. just tooo loooonnggg if its use for dungeon design.. make it faster would be great tho.. only in dungeon 5m afk kicked by system...

Kick option is needed in this game, but with such toxic community you need as many fail saves as possible. You'd need to set simple yet not stupid ground rules such as:

• Everyone must vote kick in the party expect for the one being kicked.
  • Cannot kick during combat.
  • Cannot kick if boss was killed, but looting hasn't started.
  • Impossible to kick if last boss was killed.

Of course this won't help against plain trolls who wanna ruin your run, so for that I think there is quite simple solution which would get rid of 99,9% trolls and abusers altogether:

• Implement dungeon recording, every run gets recorded after you start it and after you finish it you have option to save recording or to delete it.
  • DCs would get saved automatically.
  • After player is kicked a pop up box appears and everyone else must write their reasons why the player was kicked, that would be saved along side with video recording if recording was saved.
  • NCSoft creates support section for kick abuse.
  • NCSoft must define what is kick abuse. For example kicking in middle of run if player was active during run, but not being toxic is abuse. Kicking some troll which joined after you recruit in dungeon is not abuse. Kicking someone just because you don't like em is abuse. And so on.
  • If player thinks that he was kicked for no reason he can submit recording to NCSoft where staff reviews dungeon run and if it gets decided that it was abused, player got kicked for bad intentions, everyone else in party gets straight up banned for 1 week. Anyone who abuses further more gets banned for longer and longer.

Now something like that should work, because if there is active severe punishment for abusing, not many would risk it.

• 4 weeks later...

mega bump. Ability to kick party member really is a must- it's just too many people using this flaw for currently ongoing event and other dungeons.

Also not only afkers are problem. Been in situations quite a few times where I ended up in high end dungeon and on last boss some one leaves after few fails or irl reasons- you recruit random person and its some guy with 500-600 ap doing run first time and he can't even hit boss cus he dies from reflect due to not having bracelet- everyone says to him leave cus we can't carry any weight since we already failed it few times- the guy stays and all other people have to leave nearly finished dungeon because the guy refuses to leave and insists to be "carried". If you can say "carried" to a person who literally have to stand in place (not exactly since mechanics...) and do nothing.

Let's face it, we are not asian  countries where people have some more respect in matters like this and feel ashamed of doing this, respect is in their mentality. EU/NA got different communities- gently said we are assholes and we gonna do everything to get benefit for us and if we won't get some bad consequences in the end- we sure thing gonna do it. So, differently from their versions we need some more restrains to control our assholness.

@Rog pretty much summed up how kick system should work. Just maybe for it to work first 4 dot's are necessary, other 6 kinda overkill.

The final forms of Heavenpiercer and Taikhan take like a whole minute or so to spawn. Amd I've heard of clans that actually "pray to Master Hong" for like 10 minutes after Asura's been killed. Big window to kick someone out from loot then and there.

Like Rog said, if a kick system is to be in place, there needs to be a lot of failsafes so it can't be heavily abused, and they already did heavily abuse the master loot system.

I just want to say that vote kick never works, if you think everyone is going to be listening and talking in chat it is a miracle. I always end up in group that won't even listen to a simple request such as revive please. You think the whole 5 party member will be voting kick? Just having 2 or 3 vote kick should be registered as a success to prevent unnecessary facepalm situations.

Another rough idea would be to implement an "leech" score for each account and an "report leecher" button. 

If someone gets reported from 3 or more members of the party, his leech score goes up a certain amount. If it reaches a certain threshold he will be unable to enter the xserver lobby (account leech score.. so no char of this account can enter). 

Every day the score goes down a little bit... 

Sure, the system could be abused as well...but as long as not every party you enter reports you, it wont hurt. 

To prevent excessive abuse, there could be something like: if you report more than 5 ppl a day, you get +1 on the leech score as well for every report you make starting from the 6th one. 

• 1 month later...
On 14. 9. 2016 at 0:25 AM, Susumimi said:

Or just make it so that you can't kick X minutes after combat/loot drops? Same system Tera has and it has always worked fine.

No idea why BnS don't implement vital yet simple things like this.

YES this simply works. Theres no excuse for this not working. Clans praying 10min before loot? Clan run = no need kick, and if you are pug with such clan, i would suggest just pick loot, cause their prayers wont work.

Years spent with tera kick system, its perfect. Doesnt work only, if you have some toxic jerk, who just deliberately keeps game in combat, and when real combat starts, he trolls mechanics or goes afk. Thats super rare, and must be real jerk.

Simple as that - 2min after combat, no kick works. Loot - no kick works.

Theres few thoughts tho:

- bns combat bug, pretty often combat holds forever... lol

- to get any drop from dungeon, you have to run it 500times, maybe then you get it... so few runs with leechers, or just failed run, doesnt really matter, rng is wayyyy worse

Archived