I earned ~75 silvers all of a sudden for no reason! WTF

BillyDarkcrash

i was in cross-server dungeon (Tomb of the Exiles) with a party. i was left behind because i was checking out something, and they started the final boss without me. so i was left out of it and i couldnt group with them. so i raged and ,as i was the captain of the group, i went to the settings and in the bids options i put minimum bid 3 Golds :D.

now then, seconds before i do that, i was sure i had around 5 silvers or something. after i changed the setting, and after they passed/won the first 2 items from the auction (after defeating the boss), i looked again and WTF i had 80 silvers on my account.

i am level 28, i am still noob in this game, and i never had more than 10 silvers. :D wtf was that ? can some1 explain me ?

The problem with stuff like this is you just made someone pay 3g for some crap and he may not have even been the person who started the boss fight. It only takes one person to start a boss fight then everyone kind of has to follow even if they know they left someone behind since waiting for someone to die and reset the boss for an easy boss is kind of a waste of time for everyone. And if you're already mad and plotting revenge over something like this that could also have been a mistake, then you can just quit because this shit happens all the time. And if you're trying to point out at how the bidding system can be abused, a lot of people already know. I just think the Korean devs don't want to fix something that possibly the other servers don't deal with. O.o 

8 hours ago, Shelly said:

The problem with stuff like this is you just made someone pay 3g for some crap and he may not have even been the person who started the boss fight. It only takes one person to start a boss fight then everyone kind of has to follow even if they know they left someone behind since waiting for someone to die and reset the boss for an easy boss is kind of a waste of time for everyone. And if you're already mad and plotting revenge over something like this that could also have been a mistake, then you can just quit because this shit happens all the time. And if you're trying to point out at how the bidding system can be abused, a lot of people already know. I just think the Korean devs don't want to fix something that possibly the other servers don't deal with. O.o 

Meh, I just kinda leave them be. Hopefully being the odd one out gets other ppl to follow suit. Ive seen that happen sometimes in tw, where someone incidentally or intentionally initiated before all r rdy, and they just watch that player die. 

To answer your question:

Everything that is paid via dungeon auction is divided among the players that didn't bid or were outbit.

So if someone paid 3g for an item in a dungeon auction, that 3g is divided by the remaining players that are INSIDE the dungeon the moment that auction finishes (you wont get anything is you're outside the dungeon or in another zone of the dungeon, where you can't see the auction).

That's how you got those coins.

2 hours ago, Arken said:

To answer your question:

Everything that is paid via dungeon auction is divided among the players that didn't bid or were outbit.

So if someone paid 3g for an item in a dungeon auction, that 3g is divided by the remaining players that are INSIDE the dungeon the moment that auction finishes (you wont get anything is you're outside the dungeon or in another zone of the dungeon, where you can't see the auction).

That's how you got those coins.

He was being sarcastic about how the bidding system can be abused by the party leader setting the minimum bid.

Is the very reason I always watch when going inside a dungeon and while inside . If pty leader changes loot or bid - i call him out ,warning the party members imideately.If he does not want to change loot back as everyone wants - i leave instantly.

I always play with sounds on -and even if i miss the chat ,I won't miss the audio warning.Care for each other ppls,don't allow someone to scam you out -if you see such behavior and you don't agree with party settings -least warn the others .Have a good play!

There are a lot of rude people playing the game that don't wait on others. They normally just run through the dungeon and avoid monsters they don't want to fight pretty much leaving lower level players to fend for themselves. These are also normally the players that if a person dies, they just leave them. Regardless of how they try to justify what they do, it's just selfish and rude. They don't understand that just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should do it.

I'm LVL50-HM8 and I do my best to clear the mobs and I try not to leave people behind or dead...I guess it's because I'm ex-military and I have higher morals than most.

Needless to say, I'm sorry you had a jerk or a few of them in your party.

As for your increase in money, that, as someone has already said, is because you got a portion of the auction price of an item.

Regardless of what others did, by changing the starting bid price you basically became no better than the jerks in your party.

As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

my first question... did u told  them u gonna brb or not ? if not then its ur fault.. how long they gonna wait for u ? time is active-relative.. 1 minute to u who left the game different from 1 minute to the ppls who waiting u w.o news...

Archived