Any i5-2500k + GTX 1060/70/80 BnS players out here?

YoshimuraX

Hi all,

Am thinking of upgrading my GPU at the moment. My current PC specs are as follows:

i5-2500k overclocked to 4.6Ghz

GTX 680 overclocked

16GB DDR3 ram

The issue i'm facing right now with these specs are in 24man dungeons at boss fights and with settings "optimized for combat" I'm only getting 25-35fps playing at 1080p resolution.

I'm currently thinking of upgrading just the GPU, but since this is a rather old PC and I'm still far from saving up for my ultimate gaming rig, I'd like to just change the GPU to get a stable 60fps at 24man boss fights.

Can any players here with a similar setup running a GTX 1060 / 1070 / 1080 share their fps in 24man boss fights? Preferably playing on "max settings" as compared to "optimized for combat"

Reason i'm requesting for 24man boss fights is because that is where most of the fps drops happen. I've seen countless videos of people testing in 4man-6man dungeons with GTX 1080s, but those are no concern as I already run at a respectable 50-70fps for those.

Save your money don't upgrade anything. 

I had the exact setup as you and upgraded to a GTX 1080 FTW + i7 6700k +new 16gb ram+ new mobo to support all this stuff. 

Guess what same shit, the game optimisation is poor, your current setup is fine. In 24 man just use CTRL+F. 

My only advantage i can say from all the upgrading is that i always wanted to stream, now i can a lot more smoothly than with the old setup. 

on my stream i have the fps counter running so you can see for yourself. ( nothing is OC'ed at the moment and almost all the settings are at max)

If you have other questions or wanna see how i have my setting, jump on.  

@Varakatwitch 

7 hours ago, YoshimuraX said:

Hi all,

Am thinking of upgrading my GPU at the moment. My current PC specs are as follows:

i5-2500k overclocked to 4.6Ghz

GTX 680 overclocked

16GB DDR3 ram

The issue i'm facing right now with these specs are in 24man dungeons at boss fights and with settings "optimized for combat" I'm only getting 25-35fps playing at 1080p resolution.

I'm currently thinking of upgrading just the GPU, but since this is a rather old PC and I'm still far from saving up for my ultimate gaming rig, I'd like to just change the GPU to get a stable 60fps at 24man boss fights.

Can any players here with a similar setup running a GTX 1060 / 1070 / 1080 share their fps in 24man boss fights? Preferably playing on "max settings" as compared to "optimized for combat"

Reason i'm requesting for 24man boss fights is because that is where most of the fps drops happen. I've seen countless videos of people testing in 4man-6man dungeons with GTX 1080s, but those are no concern as I already run at a respectable 50-70fps for those.

Forget it, you might as well flush those 400 EUR down the toilet...

Unless you are using SSAA, there is absolutely zero use for an Nvidia 1000 series GPU in BnS (i run a Skylake @4700 and a EVGA 1070 @2100 core). Even with my setup i am still CPU limited in extreme scenarios! Thus reduced the shadow quality a tad, disabled the advanced physics, the advanced water animations and reduced animation effects for other players (also no motion blur cause it sucks). With that the game just maintains 40+ FPS in any situation. 

Invest your money into a Skylake with high clocked DDR4 memory - or to a 5775c Broadwell (if you are an expert). And you´ll still have to cut on some of those details. That is UE3 engine for you, as stated above...

59 minutes ago, AlexHuaTian said:

680 to 1080 is a reasonable jump. You should definitely get one. Its about 2 generations of video cards. The 700 and the 900 and going straight for the 1000.

Problem is: it ´won´t help him at all in BnS. 

Now if we´re talking different games that´s a different story of course.

I am using a GTX 1070 FE and it is a wonderful graphics card (I'm sure the 1080 is as well). I play BnS with the graphics settings maxed and get great frame rates some of the time. However, as a few people say above, the FPS will drop to 20 or below in crowded areas. This seems to be a problem with the game itself and I don't think upgrading your hardware or even using a quantum computer would get you any better performance.

Poor optimization. Hardware wont solve the  probs.

I play bns on both my amd and intel rig. The x4 880k @ 4.6ghz oc with 16gb ram @ 2133mhz and  rx 480 runs with everything on max including physics, water, lighting, shadows etc, in the most intensive crowds I get 30something frames with F enabled. Normal in world and fighting I hit 50 frames average. The i7 6700 @ 3.4ghz with 8gb ddr4 ram @ 1600mhz and r7 360 gives 40something frames for the least in the most intensive crowds with F enabled. Normal in world and fighting I hit 70 frames average.

Both sets of hardware have very wide performance gaps, especially the CPUs, yet their performance in game under load there isn't a major difference. The game runs on a pos engine, boy does it look good butt it doesn't utilize resources as it should.

The game engine is circa 2003, yes it's had updates but still 2003! Unless they do a clean sheet redesign of the whole game engine then don't expect performance to get any better. I played EQ2 from beta until 2008 and it was much better at hardware optimization, I could raid, with max settings, with 50-100 people in zone without issue. I love the game but optimization is very bad overall.

Archived