Up to date Sin Build?

DatChief

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had an up to date Light build (perma stealth)? Considering they made a lot of changes to the skill tree and also one of the main ones like " Spinal Tap " <- no longer think its even worth putting points in it anymore.

Thanks.

Gonna say about perma stealth only.

Staying in it is super easy now. Shadow drain and hook kick both have 12s cooldown. So you just have to time it right and you can go hook -> 1 -> hook -> 1 -> hook -> 1... till infinity. Well have to make sure you have poison stack but thats extremely easy now since lightning pierce now procs venom pierce every 8s and hook kick stacks poison plus all other poison stacking methods.

Right i see, is there any skills you MUST spec into then in terms of that build? I'm only currently level 27 so there will be some skills that i cant spec into till later on but just for future purposes once i get there.  In terms of specing (non HM skill), apart from:

Stage 1 Tier 4 - Heart Stab ( 4 Points )

Stage 3 Tier 2 - Lightning Pierce ( 2 points )

Stage 1 Tier 3 - Shadow Dash ( 3 points )

Stage 1 Tier 2 - Bolt Strike ( 2 points )

Stage 3 Tier 2 - Shadow Drain ( 2 points )

Stage 3 Tier 3 - Lighting Rod ( 3 points )

Stage 3 Tier 3 - Landmine ( 3 points )

Stage 4 Tier 4 - Fighting Spirit ( 3 points )

Stage 1 Tier 3 - Poison Breath ( 3 points )

Stage 3 Tier 3 - Shuriken (3 points )

Stage 1 Tier 1 - Shadow Dance ( 1 Point )

In total : 29 Points

Is this okay or is something missing in terms of the build at the end?

Yes, that build is good once you are available to spec into all of em. If bnstree isn't lying then right now you can't spec into lighting rod which quite a handicap because lighting build eat focus real fast. Without it you can't regen your focus and that will become a problem since lighting pierce doesn't regen focus on hit. So until you can get that skill I'd recommend trying out dark build because dark strike does recover 1 focus point on hit.

So if you wanna play a bit in dark build you will need some points in mist slash and spec into dark strike instead of lighting pierce also, at your level it will be hard to keep up 5 poison stacks for ani cancel, but at your level it doesn't really matter. 

Of course one thing you are missing is decoy, it is essential since higher level mobs have true sight, having at least one point in it will be helpful since it will put you in stealth.

Once you will get more points to spare you should put em into lotus fury and shunpo, both are for iframing purposes.

Bnstree isn't updated right now so I can't show you some few builds, but in the future if you will confused you will find a lot of help there.

8 minutes ago, Rog said:

Of course one thing you are missing is decoy, it is essential since higher level mobs have true sight, having at least one point in it will be helpful since it will put you in stealth.

Which stage & tier of decoy is it? 

Skill Tree Priority:

• Mandatory:
    1. 4 points in Heart Stab or Bombard (RB). 1 point is an absolute must as it keeps you in stealth, while the extra 3 points reduces its focus cost by 1. Heart Stab is a single target area spec, while Bombard is for area of effect.
    2. 3 points into Shadow Dash down into Stage 2 Sidewinder (1). Stacks poison on hit and lowers the minimum range from 5 meters to 0 meters, but increases the cooldown from 9 to 12 seconds.
    3. 2 points into Cyclone Sweep (Stealth 1) for Shadow Drain. Refreshes stealth duration to 6 seconds if hitting a poisoned target.
    4. 3 points into Poison Breath (4). 8 meter cone dealing very high damage, inflicts poison, and heals you.
    5. 3 points into Lotus of Escape (V) for Fighting Spirit. Gives a critical rate and damage bonus, heals you for a percentage of damage dealt, and resets Poison Breath's cooldown.
    6. 2 points into Landmine (Z) for Set Landmine. Stronger targeted skill that adds 1 poison stack.
    7. 3 points into Lightning Rod (Stealth 4)'s right tree. Doesn't break stealth and refunds focus. This is a level 42 skill.
    8. 2 points into Dark Strike (F) for Dark Strike or Lightning Pierce. Deals high damage out of stealth for Dark Strike, or high damage in stealth over Lightning Crash for Pierce. Until you've learned Lightning Rod, however, neither are viable as they eat a lot of focus.
  • Extra Helpful things:
    • 1 point into Stealth (Tab) to remove Stun and Daze in addition to Knockdown and Unconscious.
    • 2 points into Bolt Strike (Stealth 3). Refreshes stealth duration to 6 seconds.
    • 2 points into Shadow Dance for Sidestep Left (Q). Sidestep Left is 8 meters over Shadow Dance's 3 and can be used to approach.
    • 2 points into Shunpo/Sidestep Right (E). 8 meter dash that has invincibility frames for the Shunpo, the "right" equivalent for Sidestep Left with longer invincibility frames in Sidestep Right. This is a level 46 skill.
    • 1 point into Lotus Fury ( C ). Gives invincibility frames for the entire duration. Extra points gives healing and extra invincibility.
    • 2 points into Stomp (Tab) for Stomp or Flash Kick. Puts you in stealth or deals high damage on knocked down targets.
    • 1 point into Spinal Tap (Stealth LB). Stacks 1 poison on hit. Extra points gives double joint Stun or stunless increased damage.
  • Avoid:
    • Other trees in the Mandatory/Helpful. They're not very beneficial or just straight up useless.
    • Mist Slash (LB), Shuriken/Smokescreen (X), Throwing Dagger/Sneak Attack (Stealth X), Decoy (2), and Shadow Slash (3). None of these offer much until the very endgame, so points are better spent elsewhere.
    • More than 1 point into Stealth (Tab). It gives Grab escape and healing off of a Grab escape, but very rarely you'll get grabbed in PvE.
    • Swiftstep (F). You don't benefit from a knocked down target until the endgame instances.
    • Time Bomb (Stealth 2). The unspec'd form refreshes poison duration to 10 seconds, but that changes to a Daze/Knockdown if there are any points in it, which is only useful for PvP.
    • Dark Strike/Close Shave/Lightning Pierce (F). Dark Strike relies on 5 poison stacks which doesn't happen in the lower levels; Close Shave is weak and meant for PvP; Lightning Pierce eats too much focus without Lightning Rod, a level 42 skill.
6 hours ago, DatChief said:

Right i see, is there any skills you MUST spec into then in terms of that build? I'm only currently level 27 so there will be some skills that i cant spec into till later on but just for future purposes once i get there.

Stage 3 Tier 2 - Lightning Pierce ( 2 points )

Stage 1 Tier 3 - Shadow Dash ( 3 points )

Stage 3 Tier 3 - Shuriken (3 points )

You DO NOT touch Lightning Pierce until you have Lightning Rod at level 42. Pierce alone has a monstrous appetite for focus and you will be focus starved at the lower levels.

Take Stage 2 Tier 3 Sidewinder instead of Shadow Dash. It gives a free poison stack and has no minimum distance for 12 second cooldown, so you can basically alternate Drain -> Sidewinder -> Drain -> Sidewinder -> repeat by just standing behind your target.

You don't take Stage 3 Shuriken, in fact it is one of the worst things to bring into party play simply because it triggers Protection Decoy's and Enhanced Seed Shroud's internal cooldowns, and if you pop it at random you can potentially cause your teammates to die. What you want is Stage 2 Tier 2 for the focus regeneration and negate projectiles.

Archived