Jump to content
Forums

Master loot doesn't work?


Recommended Posts

Due to the high numbers lately of A holes that bid up the drops in Heaven's mandate or completely ignore the scale = all loot which has become the norm, we decided to try setting the PT to master loot to the character that gave up the scale.

 

Well, it didn't work.. it went to the auction system and once more my friend got F out of the loot by some low level carry. Does the master loot actually work or did NCsoft do something to change it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

If I recall correctly there have been rumors that it got removed since people exploited that secretly adding it to looting system and looting everything themselves while the whole party did all the work.

As normal a few A holes ruin it for everyone. thanks luna.. good to know that was what it was and I didn't screw up something XD

Link to post
Share on other sites

They disabled it not long after launch, back during level 45 caps. People abused it on Moonwater Tears, which were the most expensive thing at the time. You would be fighting Azure/Emerald Lord, and then WHAM the party leader changes master loot before they die, and essentially scam everyone off of Moonwater Tears.

Link to post
Share on other sites

we should make a name list of the people who are being a.s.s.hole in those Heaven Mandate dungeon so that they will have to use lfp button to find a party in the future.

 

I have encountered it myself once where all my other teammates were gone as soon as the boss died, but only left me and the other guy (who was dead on the floor). Then, he just started to keep bidding and say "I bid because you didn't come and rez me, fker" in the chat. LOL...what is the point to rez people after the final boss is dead? They can just press 4 and leave dungeon. Someone just have to make excuses to turn themselves from a.s.s.hole into good player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

. LOL...what is the point to rez people after the final boss is dead? They can just press 4 and leave dungeon.

A sign of courtesy? Also there's no point re-loading mandate only to have to load csd. Just res next time. All it takes is the f key.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be optional as in my opinion. They weren't supposed to take the loots anyways. Why do we need to waste both of us 20 seconds of our time, instead of just using his own 20 seconds time to get back up? (how long will it take to load csd? I believe less than 20 seconds right? unless you have old computer.) 

 

Also, in my case, no matter if I rezzed him or not, he would still bid over the loots anyways. It made no differences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

That would be optional as in my opinion. They weren't supposed to take the loots anyways. Why do we need to waste both of us 20 seconds of our time, instead of just using his own 20 seconds time to get back up? (how long will it take to load csd? I believe less than 20 seconds right? unless you have old computer.) 

 

Also, in my case, no matter if I rezzed him or not, he would still bid over the loots anyways. It made no differences.

Not everyone has top of the line computers that load up instantly, especially in the hell known as cross server. I ask people to rez me cause there is a good chance it will take me over a minute to respawn that is if it doesn't crit me to begin with. I'm not running top of the line but i'm not running a pos either.

 

It wouldn't be that hard for them to do what Lineage 2 does for changing party loot. Make a symbol that appears next to the PT leader to show what the loot is set at, then if they decide to change it a window pops up asking for everyone to agree to the change. If someone doesn't respond or hits decline it doesn't change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Back in the days" when I played LotRO, Master loot worked just fine. The simple things that made it work were:

- When the loot is changed, everyone must vote for it (or when you get into a party underway, the first thing that would be glued to middle of the screen was that the party didn't have a standard loot option);

- If peopole would try to scam (and assign loot to himself) they would have a hard time getting into groups again, cuz the community there was really healthy :3

 

As for Heaven's Mandate... why do we have to use a 5g item to open the dungeon for the whole party? How about everyone place a fragment and the dungeon open up? or just eliminate this Ivory Scale necessity... it would be so much easier.

After I had to big 5g on a costume that I already paid with a scale, I gave up on using them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, it isn't difficult on NCsoft side to program a GUI that pops up for the whole party to accept or decline when the lead changed the loot system. It's a simple solution and I'm surprised there wasn't even a tad bit effort invested into figuring an alternative rather than to remove the system. This is poor on NCsoft side imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2016 at 2:38 AM, FrozenB said:

we should make a name list of the people who are being a.s.s.hole in those Heaven Mandate dungeon so that they will have to use lfp button to find a party in the future.

 

I have encountered it myself once where all my other teammates were gone as soon as the boss died, but only left me and the other guy (who was dead on the floor). Then, he just started to keep bidding and say "I bid because you didn't come and rez me, fker" in the chat. LOL...what is the point to rez people after the final boss is dead? They can just press 4 and leave dungeon. Someone just have to make excuses to turn themselves from a.s.s.hole into good player.

hmm sorry for quoting 2 months old chat here

 

i dont blame both of u and the one that bid your loot here. because both of u are at fault. and i just write it down here for everyone else to help each other because NA community is shit and i dont want it become shittier than this.

 

first: whats the point to rez people after the final boss is dead? -> u need to rez all the people that died after final boss is dead because they cant claim the dynamic quest reward box when they are dead and if they press 4 (revive), the dynamic quest box will be lost and cant be claimed anymore. especially when someone kill the another person by starting the fight while not everyone in the battle area (ex: cold storage last boss is very easy, so people tend not to wait for everyone and start the fight immidiately, wall of fire kill all the people outside the battle area and no one help to rez them = 35k exp lost because it cant be claimed). so your way of thinking is wrong, and ressing someone is easy enough, without any use of chard that cost our money, only press F and u can help all the people out there

 

second: i bid because you didnt come and rez me, fker -> this guy also wrong, bid it once to 2 copper for adding more time to type, and tell them please rez me so i can take my dynamic quest box. this solve all the problem. why adding insult when u beg for someone help ==

 

 

Edited by Qei
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Qei said:

hmm sorry for quoting 2 months old chat here

 

i dont blame both of u and the one that bid your loot here. because both of u are at fault. and i just write it down here for everyone else to help each other because NA community is shit and i dont want it become shittier than this.

 

first: whats the point to rez people after the final boss is dead? -> u need to rez all the people that died after final boss is dead because they cant claim the dynamic quest reward box when they are dead and if they press 4 (revive), the dynamic quest box will be lost and cant be claimed anymore. especially when someone kill the another person by starting the fight while not everyone in the battle area (ex: cold storage last boss is very easy, so people tend not to wait for everyone and start the fight immidiately, wall of fire kill all the people outside the battle area and no one help to rez them = 35k exp lost because it cant be claimed). so your way of thinking is wrong, and ressing someone is easy enough, without any use of chard that cost our money, only press F and u can help all the people out there

 

second: i bid because you didnt come and rez me, fker -> this guy also wrong, bid it once to 2 copper for adding more time to type, and tell them please rez me so i can take my dynamic quest box. this solve all the problem. why adding insult when u beg for someone help ==

 

 

What game are you playing? I've died several times at the final boss and hit Rez and never lost the dynamic box. You only lose it if you leave the dungeon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

What game are you playing? I've died several times at the final boss and hit Rez and never lost the dynamic box. You only lose it if you leave the dungeon.

oh really? last time im dying and revive i lost my dynamic quest reward tho. dunno about it now. everyone just coming and ress me lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

I've died several times at the final boss and hit Rez and never lost the dynamic box. You only lose it if you leave the dungeon.

 

32 minutes ago, Qei said:

last time im dying and revive i lost my dynamic quest reward tho. dunno about it now.

If you revive (with 4) in the last seconds BEFORE boss dies, you wont get neither the dynamic box nor the fullfillment for the daily, because boss died while you had a loadingscreen (my experience). Thats the reason, why i wait till boss dies before pressing 4.

Edited by Raizou
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raizou said:

 

If you revive (with 4) in the last seconds BEFORE boss dies, you wont get neither the dynamic box nor the fullfillment for the daily, because boss died while you had a loadingscreen (my experience). Thats the reason, why i wait till boss dies before pressing 4.

oh maybe that what happened to me before. il try it later lol. yah but pressing F isnt difficult tho to help the others

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Qei said:

oh maybe that what happened to me before. il try it later lol. yah but pressing F isnt difficult tho to help the others

You have to physically be there when the boss dies. If the boss dies while you are in load screen it doesn't register you as there. As the poster alive said just wait till the boss dies then rez.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 9:14 PM, Qei said:

hmm sorry for quoting 2 months old chat here

 

i dont blame both of u and the one that bid your loot here. because both of u are at fault. and i just write it down here for everyone else to help each other because NA community is shit and i dont want it become shittier than this.

 

first: whats the point to rez people after the final boss is dead? -> u need to rez all the people that died after final boss is dead because they cant claim the dynamic quest reward box when they are dead and if they press 4 (revive), the dynamic quest box will be lost and cant be claimed anymore. especially when someone kill the another person by starting the fight while not everyone in the battle area (ex: cold storage last boss is very easy, so people tend not to wait for everyone and start the fight immidiately, wall of fire kill all the people outside the battle area and no one help to rez them = 35k exp lost because it cant be claimed). so your way of thinking is wrong, and ressing someone is easy enough, without any use of chard that cost our money, only press F and u can help all the people out there

 

second: i bid because you didnt come and rez me, fker -> this guy also wrong, bid it once to 2 copper for adding more time to type, and tell them please rez me so i can take my dynamic quest box. this solve all the problem. why adding insult when u beg for someone help ==

 

 

You will get the dynamic quest box even though you pressed 4 with the 2 following criteria:

1) You were in the area that could be counted as participate (usually separated by portal) (You don't need to hit the boss to finish the dynamic quest) (That's why there are alot of people afking at the entrance of blue dungeons in lower level bracket for leeching)

2) You didn't press 4 before the boss died (if you were in loading screen while the boss was killed, you also wouldn't get the credit, so no dynamic quest box.)

 

If you pressed 4 after the boss died, the only thing you lost is the box dropped from the boss. Since in HM, I was the one who used scale, all the loot from the box was supposed to be mine. He can simply just press 4 and take the dynamic quest and quit party. I think that'll be faster than wasting both of us 30 seconds to rezz him, instead of using his own 30 seconds in loading screen, right? In other dungeons, I always rezz people who are killed by the boss because if we don't rezz them, they can't take the loot dropped from the boss, especially now in MSP.

Edited by FrozenB
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...