Some basic BM questions

Susumimi

Just started a new BM, so far I've only played ranged classes so this is an entirely different playstyle. Have some basic questions:

• Why doesn't flying sparrow (sprint + LMB) stun most of the time? Is it random? On skill description it says it's supposed to stun?
  • Is shoulder charge the only skill that Take Flight can link with? You can't really expect to use flying sparrow in the middle of a flight since it requires exiting combat mode. Also I didn't find another skill that can stun/daze enemy?
  • How do I link the 2nd air launch after using Take Flight? It looks like some kind of Shoryuken move? I don't have any points in Take Flight, but sometimes I'm able to pull it off
  • What is the point of Stomp? It does the same damage as a regular hit, less damage than any skills, and has no CC effects
  • How to handle groups of mobs while leveling? Single boss fights are very easy with block, but my character usually ends up dying when attracting groups of mobs due to not having enough AoE skills. Spamming tab usually just gets killed

Flying sparrow stuns if you hit the enemy's back like it says on the description.

Take a flight can be casted on a stunned or dazed enemy.

Rush stuns if spec'd , Flicker stuns if spec'd , Boot stuns if spec'd and Divine retribution also stuns.

Shoulder charge, Lunar slash, Lightning retribution and 5 point strike can daze if spec'd.

As soon as your target is airborne you can use RMB and then LMB or RMB / RMB or LMB /RMB or vice e versa just watch the cooldown on your RMB which is 45sec.

The shoryuken-like skill you talking is called Ascend.

Stomp generates 2 focus (3 if spec'd) but other than that is pretty useless, don't bother.

For groups of mobs you can use anklebiter when you gather them for an aoe KD then Blade Call is your best friend (honestly can't remember at what level you unlock it) then use warding spirit (resitant to projectiles)  if you are facing ranged mobs. Lunar slash/ Flash step/ Flicker also have a good aoe to kill them 5point strike gives a 1 sec resist upon cast, take advantage of that. Just don't turtle behind your block and iframe when needed.

Hope it helps

8 hours ago, Devilwithin said:

Flying sparrow stuns if you hit the enemy's back like it says on the description.

Thank you.

How do I make sure enemy's back is turned though? For PvE, it seems doesn't matter if enemy's facing away when I initiate charge or not, it's all random whether or not they turn around. For example if enemy's facing me when I charge, technically it's supposed to be facing away from me cause I end up behind it right? But no, most of the time it doesn't stun either. For PvP, I'm guessing it just depends on if other player turns around in time?

Ugh think of it like a sneak attack.

For pve is not that great, but for PvP it can help a lot on certain situations for instance on 6v6 when you catch someone trying to cap the brazier.

You just sprint and Lmb, off you go for your stun.

Well, I might be wrong about how it actually works but thats how i see it.

Stomp is the attack that reacts the fastest, meaning it's useful on KD'ed enemies in PvP (when they use their skills to get up) and that's pretty much it. But don't underestimate KDs if you ever PvP, they're very useful baits.

Flying sparrow moves behind the enemy and stuns if the enemy is attacked from behind, so he has to be facing you when you launch flying sparrow. However, monsters "notice" (when you come in 10m range for most of them) you as you launch the skill and immediately turn around. You see, when you launch the attack, you are teleported to the place you'll end up in instantly and the animation there is misleading. This causes the problem you mentioned + two others in PvP. Seriously annoying.

Archived