Balance Whirlwind please.

PsyFu

On 3/17/2017 at 1:32 PM, Space Jesus said:

6v6 definitely broken.

2 players 840+ AP, even "bad" in arena, can carry all the game.

In fact, all the wins belong to whales (the players who do Black Tower, actually) and the 4 others ("only" 700+) are totally carried.

No strats, no challenge, I'm deranking to 1450 while I was in top 50 (and even top 20) last season.

Nice "how to break 6v6 in 1 update".

Only 840+? Read 'em and weep;

6v6 is utterly, completely broken, and its not even the gear... its the matchmaking system and how it assigns teams. Every game is ALWAYS a landslide, one way or the other.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams with low geared silvers and a bronze vs nearly all golds with many having Raven. A lot of people brought ideas and some are a bit extreme for what I'd expect, but really...

It doesn't look at skill, gear, or any factors than a vague wide bracket where it matches people with RNG.

and people wonder why so many leave at the beginning of match. I tell anyone about to queue to full expect to get several 400 apers in party while fighting against multiple raven weapon users in low silver. even during clan 6v6 if you are unranked and queue you immediately will fight 6/6 raven users. blame the p2w servers selling off upgrade mats. now anyone can just swipe, get carried without learning a single mech, then be insanely op in 6v6. I wish they separated the groups. p2w ranking and f2p ranking.

There are indeed Raven users in silver ranking that do not know how to tech chase, will blow their tab first thing and cannot "2" a grab. It is therefore unlikely that they will ever be anywhere else.

I can only advise to not be intimidated too much by gear. Unless you are crit-def-less or do not at least have a galaxy, you can still hold your own if you are 1v1 gold rank material.

Too often i have seen parties lose against Raven users simply because they anticipated defeat, go afk after one death and start whining or shouting at each other.  Even in matches that were eventually lost by only a sliver, e.g. 1600-1800. =_='

2 hours ago, Shuchin said:

There are indeed Raven users in silver ranking that do not know how to tech chase, will blow their tab first thing and cannot "2" a grab. It is therefore unlikely that they will ever be anywhere else.

I can only advise to not be intimidated too much by gear. Unless you are crit-def-less or do not at least have a galaxy, you can still hold your own if you are 1v1 gold rank material.

Too often i have seen parties lose against Raven users simply because they anticipated defeat, go afk after one death and start whining or shouting at each other.  Even in matches that were eventually lost by only a sliver, e.g. 1600-1800. =_='

Well...all I can say is that with Raven gears, you will have alot easier time in battleground because you can hit insane damage by ignoring other people critical defense. For a BM with raven stage 6 weapon, literally, all he/she has to do is HM Z anyone (with no tab escape) and fire blade RMB. Boom...2-3 hits KO even if the person has over 3k critical defense. If the BM only had galaxy or seraph/baleful stage 10 weapon, at least the person can survive 6-7 hits before KO, which most likely he/she can move before dead.

Another example is when the summoner with raven stage 6 weapon. They can hit through BD's 400% defense spin like there is no defense at all. 1 hit 15% hp gone. Yes...I am talking about 1 hit while in 400% defense boost spin. Unless people using hacks or whatever to keep unlimited iframe on, they can't survive for more than 10 seconds there.

Sometimes winning or losing is about the team as well. For example, yesterday I was in WWV and i got my ass kicked by a BM with raven stage 6 and full legendary accessories and soul (yes, literally 2 hit KO after HM Z) in a few matches. Then afterward, we happened to be in the same team and he started to harass me like telling to go sleep or something after i died several time to raven players. (well...he died to them as well in 1vs2) Later in last 5 minutes of the match, he started to flame the rest of the raven users for why defending mid (2 players sitting at mid spawn and doing nothing) while he had a hard time capturing the sides (yes he died alot). I know this game is full of toxic people, but the amount of toxicity in battleground is increasing drastically recently. There were few times that raven stage 6 players calling their own teammates trash or garbage at the end of the match because they did so little damage and work in the match. Oh please, they are comparing raven users with stage 6-7 legendary weapon players. It is like players with raven gears are looking down on the players without them. It is just sad to play in a game like this. We play game to enjoy, not to get harassed or insulted by other players and this problem/situation was mostly created by the company that rushed the content too fast without having a good plan beforehand.

I agree, toxicity is what troubles me most in battlegrounds. And a steep gear difference is not very helpful of course.

But then it can only get better. Right now gear differences are pretty maximal because Raven is relatively inaccessible for more players than usual.

Once we get Emperor Weapons and Beluga Soulshields this should become a bit less horrible...

• 4 weeks later...

6v6 is the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen, clearly devs are mentally challenged to even allow stuff like this to happen.

Game praises itself for being balanced when clearly nothing is actually balanced. 

BnS gone to shit with these patches where only 1 or 2 characters get decent stuff while others get the dick.

Whales need a good place to show off their gear, and nothing better than 6v6 battleground where they can enjoy grinding non-Raven non-True Soul people.

NCWest delays the launch of Belguga SS and Emperor weapon on purpose, I believe. So that Raven whales can have time enjoying their uber gear. When Emperor weapon is out, it would be still a war between Raven whales and Emperor whales for a good while, and anyone coming between them will be squished.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

It will be even more "fun" after releasing vortex temple. The mystic badges will kill so many people instantly. The mode has nothing to do with pvp anymore.

and eventually vortex people fight vs vortex people, but better cry here ofc 

32 minutes ago, Charas Blade said:

and eventually vortex people fight vs vortex people, but better cry here ofc 

And? Your defense doesnt get really higher but the damage taken increases extremely with every patch. Some HP doesnt compare the higher damage. Vortex gear wont increase your survivability.

On 9/10/2016 at 2:14 PM, Slyce said:

If someone actually stands out with his teamplay or stalling he often will get more votes.

Cute, let me show you something.

Screenshot_170221_000_zps7dnpkf4c.jpg

In this game I sit mostly on top, I alone kept 3 players busy there for more then 2:30 mins, not only that, they never succeed in capping, I got all 3 to around 50% hp then 1 left, it was now me against 2, then I got those 2 at <30% then one left, it was now me against someone else, and then I killed that one.

Fact is.... they do NOT look at you stalling more then 1 person or even the amount of caps you do, they ONLY look at the damage / damage taken difference when rewarding. By your logic, I should have gotten 7+ votes here, I got 0

And I do this sort of thing in 80%+ of my matches, I'm a sin, what do you expect? I shine when capping / defensing, yet I never really get any credit for it, even if I'm keeping 4 morons busy for the entire match, they still only look at who dealt damage

Apparently that game no one wanted to rate at all, or it was the "no-end-window" bug, as there is only one vote in total for all groups. I often look at capturings and might place my vote  there, especially in Belugas. However stalling usually only nets you votes from the opposing team, as it is rarely witnessed by your own team. And some people never vote for the oposing team on principle, and some will always vote for their partners in principle, which is all fine in my book.

By the way non-Raven user here, currently rank 19, hoping to make it to a costume season reward next Wednesday for the first time! Wish me luck! =:3

True that, your team won't notice, but I often say "west point as 4 people here, go balls deep on the other points" and such, so they SHOULD know what I was doing -_- and I have this photo as the point I was like "Ungrateful basters..." but this sort of thing happens more often then it should.

P.S I also vote for my mate so, you are right there xD

If NCsoft wants to leave it 6v6 as not gear equalized that is fine. But I think some tweaks are needed.

1. A class limiter needs to be in place. Being against 6 Summoners or 6 Assassins will always result in them winning. Having a max of 2 of the same class per team should be fine. Limiting to 1 unique class would definitely slow the queue times. 

2. Maybe it's just me, but most of the matches I been in the teams are generally one-sided in terms of gear. I'm going to assume there is no matchmaking system outside of it randomly putting people on teams. 

Archived