Summoner DPS

Mischkaa

7 minutes ago, Jackiesaysya said:

I like it because too many ppl play with major ping issues. If one player does 1/20th the dmg of everyone else you know not to party with them because they are piggybacking.

That's too blanket a statement in my opinion. For example my PvE KFM build is spec'd for cc and tanking. I'm not going to dps more than others, sometimes 1/3rd of the damage of others. But I'm a tank build. I'm not supposed to be there for dps.

The major point is, ping issues aside (which if ping is causing less dps it's hardly "piggybacking"), DPS is over-dramatized. There are many things to a good dungeon party, such as tanking, threat, and cc, as well as some that require special mechs like Tomb/Nexus. If DPS is the main concern heading into those dungeons then you will fail them 7 times out of 10.

I completely disagree. As someone that regularly tanks, cc's, heals group, and performs various other mechanics outside of simply dpsing. Yet I would never use a build that isn't full dps. Most people don't need crutches...and it negatively affects the parties overall dps. Just wouldn't sit right for me trading dmg for survivability to compensate for bad gameplay. Instead focus on timing iframes and saving escapes til when you really need them. You will find that no dungeon requires tankyness.

9 minutes ago, Spudsy2061 said:

That's too blanket a statement in my opinion. For example my PvE KFM build is spec'd for cc and tanking. I'm not going to dps more than others, sometimes 1/3rd of the damage of others. But I'm a tank build. I'm not supposed to be there for dps.

The major point is, ping issues aside (which if ping is causing less dps it's hardly "piggybacking"), DPS is over-dramatized. There are many things to a good dungeon party, such as tanking, threat, and cc, as well as some that require special mechs like Tomb/Nexus. If DPS is the main concern heading into those dungeons then you will fail them 7 times out of 10.

10 minutes ago, Jackiesaysya said:

I completely disagree. As someone that regularly tanks, cc's, heals group, and performs various other mechanics outside of simply dpsing. Yet I would never use a build that isn't full dps. Most people don't need crutches...and it negatively affects the parties overall dps. Just wouldn't sit right for me trading dmg for survivability to compensate for bad gameplay. Instead focus on timing iframes and saving escapes til when you really need them. You will find that no dungeon requires tankyness.

Disagree with this. There had been a plethora of times I've been in Yeti or Nexus for example where people just don't do the cc they need to. As a KFM, I can spec double stun, daze, and kd so I would never need to leave it up to chance of having a party full of lazy nonces. In addition, it's not that most dungeons don't require full tankyness, it's the fact that as the KFM I am the tank. That is my role. There are no exceptions to this. It is a issue of horses for courses. I tank, you dps, everyone wins. I would not expect a summoner to really cc on command for example, just like I expect in some dungeons (i.e. Asura and Tomb) that the assassin taxis. Everyone has a role in short and as a KFM mine's not primarily dps, so I am not the primary dps dealer. Don't get me wrong, my skills do good damage and the blue buff is exceptionally helpful, but at the end of the day I am a tank, therefore my primary focus is tanking.

I agree with everyone having a role. the key difference is no one trades dps for that roles...

When you say you build for tanking could you be more specific? What traits? Whats your crit/crit dmg?

8 minutes ago, Spudsy2061 said:

Disagree with this. There had been a plethora of times I've been in Yeti or Nexus for example where people just don't do the cc they need to. As a KFM, I can spec double stun, daze, and kd so I would never need to leave it up to chance of having a party full of lazy nonces. In addition, it's not that most dungeons don't require full tankyness, it's the fact that as the KFM I am the tank. That is my role. There are no exceptions to this. It is a issue of horses for courses. I tank, you dps, everyone wins. I would not expect a summoner to really cc on command for example, just like I expect in some dungeons (i.e. Asura and Tomb) that the assassin taxis. Everyone has a role in short and as a KFM mine's not primarily dps, so I am not the primary dps dealer. Don't get me wrong, my skills do good damage and the blue buff is exceptionally helpful, but at the end of the day I am a tank, therefore my primary focus is tanking.

7 minutes ago, Jackiesaysya said:

I agree with everyone having a role. the key difference is no one trades dps for that roles...

When you say you build for tanking could you be more specific? What traits? Whats your crit/crit dmg?

It's spec'd for threat. T is spec'd for the 10% as is Flying Slam and Counter. In addition C is daze instead of iframe, Z is stun, v is stun, 4 is daze, ss leads into r kd and 3 is kd.

It's a pure PvE cc/tank build.

Archived