Did a small test on Narrows

Susumimi

17 hours ago, BirdSpirit said:

I've probably had one run where ppl were actually amicable. There are 3 instances that stick out in my head, and I've probably run this 5 times total with low lvls. One time someone asked me to not rush and I said ok. Ran past mobs while drawing all their aggro so I could kill them with one skill. It was like 30 sec into the run. Same guy complained I was rushing and continued to whine.

Another run someone actually complained I was killing everything and that they didn't get to do anything . Really no comment on that one.

The last run, in which I completely gave up on running the dg with low lvls ever again, I was trying to teleport the party on sin. Killed the first dude while they were bidding on the first boss stuff and told them to stay where the flower is once everyone was in. Ran ahead and got "WTF can we kick him", "I hate lvl 50s", "troll" and yada yada. I don't expect ppl to know that sins can teleport ppl, but when I try to explain to that I can help you guys skip mobs fast and then get such a response, I might as well solo and do it 3x as fast.

I see. So at the first run the lowbies concerned that the mobs may switch aggro.

The second run.. that's just strange

3rd. A capability shock.  I noticed similarity when someone try to open portal in lv50 dg and ppl keep attacking.  Did you explain about the ability before or after it done. If it's after then..it's a shock to lowbie.

Anyway when i run this thing with lowbies.. I stick with them, maintaining the same pace, let them kill  mobs to hone their lethal skill.  and kill mobs one by one.  and actually wait during bidding.   Not a single hate message i received so far.  No skippin mobs at all as i considered it unnecessary.

7 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

I see. So at the first run the lowbies concerned that the mobs may switch aggro.

The second run.. that's just strange

3rd. A capability shock.  I noticed similarity when someone try to open portal in lv50 dg and ppl keep attacking.  Did you explain about the ability before or after it done. If it's after then..it's a shock to lowbie.

Anyway when i run this thing with lowbies.. I stick with them, maintaining the same pace, let them kill  mobs to hone their lethal skill.  and kill mobs one by one.  and actually wait during bidding.   Not a single hate message i received so far.  No skippin mobs at all as i considered it unnecessary.

In the first run, I ran from that bamboo guard you need to talk to, crossed the bridge and to the middle of the boss area, where I killed all the mobs. Wasn't that far. They shouldn't switch aggro unless you attack them.

As for the teleport thing, like I said ppl probably don't know what a sin can do, so I did explain. 

I mean, if you want to keep helping lowbies, then go for it. Ppl run ahead even in lvl 50 dgs. It's pretty common. Ppl don't wait for lvl 45s in bsh and blackram either, and you will actually die to mobs if you get left behind. I get that there's a line between being a dick and a normal teammate, but a lowbie should not expect their hand to be held when we can run ahead and kill everything for you so that there is no danger if you want to walk at your own pace. If they want us to be considerate then they should do the same.

56 minutes ago, BirdSpirit said:

I mean, if you want to keep helping lowbies, then go for it. Ppl run ahead even in lvl 50 dgs. It's pretty common. Ppl don't wait for lvl 45s in bsh and blackram either, and you will actually die to mobs if you get left behind. I get that there's a line between being a dick and a normal teammate, but a lowbie should not expect their hand to be held when we can run ahead and kill everything for you so that there is no danger if you want to walk at your own pace. If they want us to be considerate then they should do the same.

for the last point i think we  have differences in philosophy and i respect your way.

Mine however is No men/women left behind.   My common sense is to wait even ppl rushing in BSC or BSH even when everyone just rush ahead.    Well i don't expect to carry too as i mostly just let lowbies handles mobs but i don't see a reason why i should rush even if i can.

Stuff like this wouldn't be an issue if there were more options when creating a dungeon lobby.  Options such as level requirements and/or indicators that x lobby is for speed runs, multi runs or first time runs would greatly reduce a lot of stress and speed up lobby times.

No offense to the lvl 20s, but I do see a lot just standing around like they are afk.  So we move on.  If 2 guys are just standing around we're not going to wait for them to come around and start moving.  We're going to go ahead and clear the boss.

If someone is moving, I will wait.  If they're standing still then sorry I'm continuing.

Solution: NCSoft should stop including those low lvl dungeons, that noobs need for their weapon/accessory evolution, in the daily challenge where only lvl 50s can do. Dungeons from Moonwater and Silverfrost are fine, remove those from veridian and cinderlands. Lvl 50 has nothing to gain from doing those dungeons anyways except for more junks in inventory... Just my thoughts tho :D

4 hours ago, Gothi said:

Solution: NCSoft should stop including those low lvl dungeons, that noobs need for their weapon/accessory evolution, in the daily challenge where only lvl 50s can do. Dungeons from Moonwater and Silverfrost are fine, remove those from veridian and cinderlands. Lvl 50 has nothing to gain from doing those dungeons anyways except for more junks in inventory... Just my thoughts tho :D

Or all Lv 50s go F8, and then leave and do the dungeon solo, but if someone is lazy...

Archived