Did a small test on Narrows

Susumimi

One of the dailies today is narrows (no idea why this is part of the dailies but w/e), so I did a little test on the % of level 50's who are assholes to lower level players, since I keep hearing about people talking about tons of trolls killing level 20s on purpose with firewall. I started a new toon, she's level 21 atm, so she's actually the right level with this dungeon. Below are the results:

Total # of runs: 20

# of runs where the level 50s helped kill mobs because they knew level 50s don't attract aggro, but level 20s do: 4

# of runs where the level 50s weren't asswipes and waited until everyone's safe from firewall: 3

# of runs where trolls PURPOSELY wait until level 20s get near boss entrance, then immediately start fight just to torch them: 3

# of runs where the level 50s waited until everyone crossed portal before fighting final boss so people get credited for quest: 7

So I'm pretty confident the complaints are legit. Conclusion? Most level 50s are selfish assholes whose 10 seconds of waiting is more important than a team of level 20s getting credit for the quest and not having to restart entire dungeon. Excluding me of course. Pretty good cross-section of this game's community.

By the way still didn't get my Blight weapon after all that. Got pretty much every other weapon except my own, of course. Don't you just love RNG bullshit right at the beginning of the game? Available only on pay2win Korean MMO's at a store near you.

Let the flaming begin. /party hat

from what i read:

4 players didnt care about lowbies along the dungeon BUT didnt say if they didnt wait or not..how can it be bad? missinforming us is not helping.

3 players waited  lowbies from dieing to flames. isnt it good?

3 players TROLLED

7 players let lowbies complete

-----------------------------------------------

20 runs. 15% of runs were ruined. which is a low stat.... i dont get the thread

1 hour ago, Susumimi said:

# of runs where the level 50s helped kill mobs because they knew level 50s don't attract aggro, but level 20s do: 4

# of runs where the level 50s weren't asswipes and waited until everyone's safe from firewall: 3

# of runs where trolls PURPOSELY wait until level 20s get near boss entrance, then immediately start fight just to torch them: 3

# of runs where the level 50s waited until everyone crossed portal before fighting final boss so people get credited for quest: 7

There are 3 missing runs.  What happened during those runs ?

As for the last one.. well Did you really got credited for the quest ? I did a run with some lowbies.. we have rusher who wait that way.. but we haven't reached final boss room. We don;t get credited.  Thus we need to restart.

As a lvl50 myself I usually avoid those dailys cause of reasons (not enough profit), but when I decide to run them, I always wait for everyone cause I know where the fire walls are and kill the mobs in the process (1-shooting them ofc if we talk about narrow). If those tarded 50s cant wait for the new players, they can just run the dungeon alone, its much faster like that. Ive been killed countless times in the higher level dungeons because of people who cant wait for the others, so this problem is not limited to just low lvl dungeons, but all dungeons that have the anti-death-rejoin-fight mechanic in them.

What can I say? Retarded communities are the best :D

4 minutes ago, Shukran said:

from what i read:

4 players didnt care about lowbies along the dungeon BUT didnt say if they didnt wait or not..how can it be bad? missinforming us is not helping.

3 players TROLLED

It's just someone's fail attempt at trying to start a flaming thread I guess.

Probably out of boredom?

It's not just level 20's.  Second time I've had to just run it solo, because no one would wait for everyone to get past the load screen.

Last time, I ran the lowbies through it again, to make sure they got credit (and I always kill the mobs along the way if there are lowbies...and I always wait for others myself).

Today, none of the lowbies said they missed out, so it was likely just me.

17 minutes ago, Shukran said:

from what i read:

3 players TROLLED

/facepalm

Can you read?

Those numbers I listed were the # of runs that WEREN'T ruined. If 15% of runs WEREN'T ruined, it means 85% were. What's so hard to get?

nutes ago, Zuzu said:

It's just someone's fail attempt at trying to start a flaming thread I guess.

Probably out of boredom?

Yes I'm bored so I started a new toon. And good thing it didn't turn into a flame thread?

I'll take that as a compliment.

5 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

/facepalm

Can you read?

Those numbers I listed were the # of runs that WEREN'T ruined. If 15% of runs WEREN'T ruined, it means 85% were.

What's so hard to get?

your POOL of runs were 20, as u stated. it means that u do your calculation on that POOL. which was 20.

hence u described 17 runs and i let those 3 more like good.

9 minutes ago, Susumimi said:

/facepalm

Can you read?

Those numbers I listed were the # of runs that WEREN'T ruined. If 15% of runs WEREN'T ruined, it means 85% were.

What's so hard to get?

Well, you could start by reading what you just replied... cuz you missread it as well.

Considerations you should do, that will help people read your conclusions:

A run where a 50lvl killed all mobs can be included in the runs they waited for lowbies at the boss? or once categorized it can't be placed in another category?

Guys come on, some basic statistics skill here.

eHBR6tm.png

For example, run #1 means that no one helped with mobs (just ran straight through), no one bothered waiting at boss for fire, there weren't any trolls, and no one bothered waiting for final boss.

Capiche?

This is just a vent thread, no need to get all serious about the data. The trend is here, it doesn't matter if 15 or 16 groups ruined, the conclusion is there are more unhelpful people than helpful people.

As a side note, I love forcing all the assholes to sit through the 2 cutscenes at the end if I'm party leader, since no one else can skip it. Sweet revenge.

1 hour ago, Susumimi said:

Long comment, so feel free to ignore. Bottom Line? If you do not care about others, do it by yourself and don't inflict your selfishness on others.

Why are Level 50s there if not to help a friend or clanmate get the drops that they need to advance their gear? The rewards for them are negligible. And lower-level dungeons/bosses are no challenge. 

The first line/entry, number of runs Level 50s helped kill aggro'ed mobs, 4. So that on the OTHER 16 runs, they just ran/flew as fast as they could and left the Lowbies to fight their way through. And then probably complained that the Lowbies were taking too long! My least favourite part of dungeons. Always rushing. "You should check Youtube to know what to do!" Yes, but all those videos show real teams working together, progressing through the dungeon. Together. Not one or more Jackasses rushing through doing nothing while the remaining players, new to the dungeon, try to figure out the shitstorm that you have left for them and still make it to the Boss before you set off the Firewall. Because you are "tired of waiting."

Second line/entry, number of runs L50s waited for everyone to pass beyond the firewall, 3. So, 17 runs in which they did not wait for everyone. 17 of 20 runs, AT LEAST one Lowbie getting his or her time wasted. Patience. Making sure that your partner(s) finishes too is a good thing. ;)

Third line/entry, clear enough, 3 times L50s actually behaved such that the Lowbie was guaranteed to have time wasted. Above and beyond issues mentioned in the first 2 entries above. Are you trying to get added to the Ignore List? Reducing the number of people who want to interact with you? Genius.

Fourth line/entry, 7 runs in which L50s made sure that everyone was in the Final Boss's Chamber before starting. So, like entry 2, 13 times all Lowbies did not all get credit for the quest. So, 3 runs that L50s waited, (Entry 2), and 4 more runs in which Lowbies just happened to make it.

L50s-well geared L40s as well-can run this dungeon solo easily. If you team with Lowbies, try not to let selfish tendencies out and instead, be decent. Not sure why anyone sees these numbers, (Which are a small sample size, but fairly representative.), and thinks that THIS is good.

20 Runs. 16 in which the L50s rushed to each Boss, offering no help. Again, if you do not want the bother of helping, do it solo. You are no better for the team than the weaker player who EXPECTS to always be carried. 17 Runs in which members of the team did not get past the firewall. SEVENTEEN. If you are in a team, the team needs to work and/or finish together. 3 Runs in which Lowbies were trolled. That MIGHT not have been so bad if the first two entries did not exist. 7 runs of 20 in which everyone in the team was credited with the quest. So, 13 Runs in which there was no concern for the team.

For those of you who have actually experienced it with another person, imagine Team Dungeons like sex. If you feel like you need to rush it, that it's boring, you are doing something wrong, need to add some spice or actually learn how to do that team part/consideration for others thing. Stop wasting people's time if you have no intention of thinking of anyone besides yourself. Do the dungeons commensurate with your level. Do it alone. Or try to focus on someone besides yourself. Helping others complete a dungeon that THEY find difficult-Narrows, difficult? Shocking, I know-will give them pleasure. That's a good thing. You will find that doing something "nice" for others can create more opportunities for you to get what you need. And if making sure that your partner or team finishes as well as you finishing is not part of your goal, then you are definitely doing it wrong and would certainly not be in my dungeons ever again.

Sorry for the long comment.

20 minutes ago, MichelleZhivago said:

For those of you who have actually experienced it with another person, imagine Team Dungeons like sex. If you feel like you need to rush it, that it's boring, you are doing something wrong, need to add some spice or actually learn how to do that team part/consideration for others thing.

+1 for this GREAT! example :D

I'm a lvl 50.Sometimes this particular dungeon have extremely long loading screen at the entrance before last boss.I make sure i help and support the lvls 20 along the way.I hate the idea to rush any dungeon ,rushing kills the fun ,least for me.I like to run all dungeons in party -no need to solo content if some others can benefit from,so I always take a pty with me on any kind of low dungeons.You will laugh,but lowbies (some of them might be alts and used with the rush) burnt me in fire few times,while ,myself i was waiting for others to pass toghether or i ressed some low lvl that remained behind and just died toghether after.Fun times.Lowbies rush too.I guess is this game curse.

OP, since you're being so condescending towards people confused about you're thread, you might want to learn some statistics as well since you're missing a bunch of information. /facepalm

Second, most lvl 50s just solo narrows. I used to help low levels, only to find that the majority of them are incredibly rude. Those lvl 20s whine like hell for no reason.

1 hour ago, BirdSpirit said:

OP, since you're being so condescending towards people confused about you're thread, you might want to learn some statistics as well since you're missing a bunch of information. /facepalm

Second, most lvl 50s just solo narrows. I used to help low levels, only to find that the majority of them are incredibly rude. Those lvl 20s whine like hell for no reason.

This and some low levels are just plain slow... is their shift key broken or something?  Some times they would just stand in a spot for 5+mins not moving (despite the path being cleared of trash).  So it's alright for a low level to make 5 other people wait while it's not right to start without said person...

WARNING. we dont not do math in bns forums.

this is not a thinking-friendly place.

pls refrain

On 9/9/2016 at 3:31 PM, Shukran said:

from what i read:

3 players TROLLED

Im glad that I can solo these dungs now. If I see any 50+ after entering with party inside, I leave and run alone. I can help lower levels, but if I see any potential speedrunners, I do not expect to get credit for doing it. So far it has not yet happened that Im helping anyone. Indeed, entering solo from f8 should be possible, cause I dont need any help with abandoned/low dung, I can do it myself, but I dont want to travel all the way to the original entrance.

1 hour ago, Ulrezaj said:

Im glad that I can solo these dungs now. If I see any 50+ after entering with party inside, I leave and run alone. I can help lower levels, but if I see any potential speedrunners, I do not expect to get credit for doing it. So far it has not yet happened that Im helping anyone. Indeed, entering solo from f8 should be possible, cause I dont need any help with abandoned/low dung, I can do it myself, but I dont want to travel all the way to the original entrance.

Those 3 loading screens alone make it slower than just Tp to the original entrance.

13 hours ago, Lalilulelo said:

This and some low levels are just plain slow... is their shift key broken or something?  Some times they would just stand in a spot for 5+mins not moving (despite the path being cleared of trash).  So it's alright for a low level to make 5 other people wait while it's not right to start without said person...

Do you even ask why ?

When such happened i ask.. and i found out a bid war.  Still i waited until they clear and we proceed.

14 hours ago, BirdSpirit said:

This is intriguing.. Im still helpin lowbies till now and not even once they acted rude.   They thanked me..they talked.. they smile..they added me to friendlist. 

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

This is intriguing.. Im still helpin lowbies till now and not even once they acted rude.   They thanked me..they talked.. they smile..they added me to friendlist. 

I've probably had one run where ppl were actually amicable. There are 3 instances that stick out in my head, and I've probably run this 5 times total with low lvls. One time someone asked me to not rush and I said ok. Ran past mobs while drawing all their aggro so I could kill them with one skill. It was like 30 sec into the run. Same guy complained I was rushing and continued to whine.

Another run someone actually complained I was killing everything and that they didn't get to do anything . Really no comment on that one.

The last run, in which I completely gave up on running the dg with low lvls ever again, I was trying to teleport the party on sin. Killed the first dude while they were bidding on the first boss stuff and told them to stay where the flower is once everyone was in. Ran ahead and got "WTF can we kick him", "I hate lvl 50s", "troll" and yada yada. I don't expect ppl to know that sins can teleport ppl, but when I try to explain to that I can help you guys skip mobs fast and then get such a response, I might as well solo and do it 3x as fast.

Archived