Forums

Desolate Tomb is too difficult for too little reward.

WLraik

1 hour ago, Emma Frost said:

I find the rewards suitable for the not so hard difficulty level of this dungeon.

That's having low standards in your case and nobody cares for that.

Rewards do seem to be pretty lousy for the dungeon's supposed difficulty if the reports and screenshots are anything to go by. It's so counterproductive to even try to overcomplicate and argue otherwise, frankly.

A few Moonstones in there would go a long way in making this dungeon more rewarding. Not being limited to SSP, WWV or Naksun (and I only do the latter... sometimes) to get them would be swell.

6 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

That's having low standards in your case and nobody cares for that.

Rewards do seem to be pretty lousy for the dungeon's supposed difficulty if the reports and screenshots are anything to go by. It's so counterproductive to even try to overcomplicate and argue otherwise, frankly.

A few Moonstones in there would go a long way in making this dungeon more rewarding. Not being limited to SSP, WWV or Naksun (and I only do the latter... sometimes) to get them would be swell.

If anything, you have low standards for dungeon difficulty

We all know you love frozen stingers, but the rest of the playerbase would like some better rewards from the current hardest dungeon in the game.

Not saying its hard, but it is the current hardest dungeon. We're getting the same loot as the first lvl50 dungeons.

1 hour ago, luzt said:

We all know you love frozen stingers, but the rest of the playerbase would like some better rewards from the current hardest dungeon in the game.

Not saying its hard, but it is the current hardest dungeon. We're getting the same loot as the first lvl50 dungeons.

plus chance to get a legendary necklace.

On 10/09/2016 at 4:17 AM, Emma Frost said:

If anything, you have low standards for dungeon difficulty

Nope, my standards are well within accordance of what game has offered us up to this point. So nope, it's just you having low standards for rewards.

On 10/09/2016 at 6:38 PM, Emma Frost said:

If it's almost non-existent, why do so many in my clan and faction chat have it? Don't let your salt cloud your sense of logic

Because RNG is a thing. Don't let your luck diminish other people's rights to be legitimately salty.

IMO, it's fine.  Once you get past 15+ runs, it becomes pretty simple in 6 man so the difficulty isn't a factor.  In those runs, you'll be lucky to get the perfect SS so you'll be running this any way until you do.  While doing that, you're getting stone of wisdoms which are still worth a few gold or you'll need a few for this necklace and likely other legendaries later.  Then you have the 100 and 300 achievement for more AP.  After all of that you have a chance to get the best possible necklace in the game.   

The 2 Stingers are a joke. It's not even funny just like someone spitting in your face.

The dungeon is not hard but if you compare the time/effort spend in it with 2 stingers per boss 6 overall and nothing else it's the worst dungeon ever.

Noone gives a damn about the necklace if it never drops.

I don't farm that garbage dungeon. I'm only at like 50 4man runs but one member of our clan is at around 150 runs. ~120 4man and ~30 6man mode. He has never seen the necklace.

Some ppl just shit luck and get it within 5-10runs while others get just trolled by this 0.0000001% RNG droprate.

And it's not like NcSoft ever tells us if they nerf droprate of mats/items. (Stingers, HM Book Yeti/Necro for example) :)

GL with the necklace boys. You will need it.

14 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Nope, my standards are well within accordance of what game has offered us up to this point. So nope, it's just you having low standards for rewards.

Because RNG is a thing. Don't let your luck diminish other people's rights to be legitimately salty.

You can pretend to be something you're not (in this case correct), but if you were to put your opinion up against the majority of the active player base, you would be disappointed 

I rather see the necklace being dropped in 4-man only instead. At least it gives me an incentive to run the thing, and a worthy reward for the skilled and the lucky.

People tend to do things in lazy and effective way, so all they do is spamming 6-man until the get lucky loot. Achievement counts for 6-man too, so they grind their AP along the way too.

The 4-man might have higher chance, but no one knows how much higher. 5% in 6-man and 10% in 4-man? Or 1% in 6-man and 2% in 4-man? No one knows, except the guy who inputs the rate and his buddies. If you want to tackle something that is RNG-based, better go with quantity instead of quality. Thus 6-man spam with high-AP group, enough to skip some mechanics and faster boss burn-down time.

What 4-man has over 6-man is the outfit. If you already have the outfit, or not interest in it, then you have nearly no reason to run 4-man, where it is more punishing with less reward : effort : time ratio.

This trend will continue to Ebondrake Citadel when it is released, I guess.

Only to manage to run one 4-man since the patch comes out so far. Still keep the 4-man box as a memory, until I get like 40+ runs to meet the recruitment requirement.

On 9/9/2016 at 4:59 PM, Ganhur said:

Meanwhile...

Screenshot_160908_002.jpg

Woah! And in 6man! Nice to see it can drop in 6m too. And I agree that the effort to reward ratio is a lil taxing. 

The point that this dg and more to come are exponentially harder is moot. Personally I'd rather farm a faceroll yeti4 for rng drops than put hours into farming this neck from tomb. I think the precision aspect makes this dungeon fun possibly. But when it comes down to it in terms of actual lived reality, I wouldn't want to be spending like 10 or more hours farming tomb for the neck. 

If that's the rarity, I'll find another route for stats. I also dont think future content will require the level of stats u get from such a legendary piece. Correct me if I'm wrong tho. I understand that MMOs are grindfests but you have to consider

that games  shud    be     fun    to     play.

This is why mmos are criticized by game grumps on yt in that they are chore driven tasks that make the rewards offered more valuable than they are.  Thus it gives the illusion that you're having fun. Cus your hours paid off in a highly valuable item.  But as Arin Hansen says, games shud be fun to play all the time not some of the time. Ppl hav different thresholds for grind tolerance probably. But game design doesn't seem effective when it comes to a balance between patience/tolerance to occasional reward. Thats why we always get grief threads that threaten bnsNA's longevity. Because they're jaded. We try to believe the grass is greener. (Then again that's how gambling functions too). 

Im a casual who only plays when I feel like and when I am having fun. I used to farm dailies and such cus I had gear goals but with those met, I've been spending a few hours a day to have fun on alts. When it gets boring I put my learned obsession about leveling/maxing/progressiin aside.  I dont need to breed another wel geared lvl 50 alt. If I want to, that time wi) come. At my pace. 

But if a leg neck is ever required for content, I will not be grinding tomb endlessly. I'll take my rng chances with maybe 3 runs a day. I don't kno how long the runs are since I've not stepped foot in there. 

9 hours ago, Nattia said:

the combat bug in Desolate Tomb is so annoying I really wonder how people can be farming this.

Without sum and wl its ok so dont take them with you for farming. ;D Its not always that these classes can solve it or the bug stops if they die or escape but in all my runs in every dungeon I never faced a combat bug without these classes.

About the topic: The necklace is the only real good thing there. Stingers are almost useless and even ornaments dont drop enough to make 4 man very usefull. Running that dungeon 300 times for some useless few ap is stupid. It will be the same with citadel. People do 6 man for the soul shield and the ring. Some may do 4 man for a higher chance and once they got it, the dungeon will die for most people (daily eventually if groups can do it safe).

the dungeon isn't difficult at all. one of the biggest issues right now is players not knowing their class though. I lost count of all the times during the week ive seen players 700+ ap with tons of upgraded ap gems die 5x+ to first boss in mast.

Since these players can't buy knowledge regarding their class or mechanics I think enabling players to view party members achievements would make a world of difference. That way we know who is in their first week of BnS and just paid for upgrades vs who actually grinds on their class.

I realize this would be unfair to the hardcore pvpers but most of them arent doing dungeons outside of dailies anyways.

2 hours ago, Jackiesaysya said:

the dungeon isn't difficult at all. one of the biggest issues right now is players not knowing their class though. I lost count of all the times during the week ive seen players 700+ ap with tons of upgraded ap gems die 5x+ to first boss in mast.

Since these players can't buy knowledge regarding their class or mechanics I think enabling players to view party members achievements would make a world of difference. That way we know who is in their first week of BnS and just paid for upgrades vs who actually grinds on their class.

I realize this would be unfair to the hardcore pvpers but most of them arent doing dungeons outside of dailies anyways.

The dungeon difficulty doesn't fit it's rewards.

I myself don't find it hard, but the effort you put in this dungeon to beat it DOESN'T fit the completely poor rewards.

Everyone forgot the fact THEY REMOVED THE OBLIVION PATH ! this dg was rewarding but cuse they deleted the oblivion path u dont need that much Stone of Wisdom cuse u need only for Legendary what rare is fk..so now in this dg leg neck or nothing and Prison will be the same Leg Ring or Nothing 

On 17.09.2016 at 9:50 PM, Zedonia said:

Without sum and wl its ok so dont take them with you for farming. ;D Its not always that these classes can solve it or the bug stops if they die or escape but in all my runs in every dungeon I never faced a combat bug without these classes.

About the topic: The necklace is the only real good thing there. Stingers are almost useless and even ornaments dont drop enough to make 4 man very usefull. Running that dungeon 300 times for some useless few ap is stupid. It will be the same with citadel. People do 6 man for the soul shield and the ring. Some may do 4 man for a higher chance and once they got it, the dungeon will die for most people (daily eventually if groups can do it safe).

plot twist, i'm playing as sum xD I've heard that ring from Citadel is not that great, is that true?

Archived