Desolate Tomb is too difficult for too little reward.

WLraik

I love this fight at the last boss, there's zero room for error and you can't carry anyone. This really makes players work and understand EVERY single mechanic.

But the problem is... Putting this effort to get 6 stingers at the end. Not fair, not in this case.

How about you put a Desolate Tomb FRAGMENT on 4 man from the dynamic quest after killing the last boss? With 100 fragments you make the legendary necklace. How about that?

Players will have to work A LOT, because 100 runs of this dungeon takes time and you can't braindead it like all the other 4m dungeons.

We don't mind the work if we get rewarded after all.

Though i wouldn't mind them putting it in dragon express or doing fragments. I am going to have to disagree with you. It is suppose to be hard and have zero room for error. If you hate this dungeon, Just wait till you see elbondrake citadel and black tower. Who cares if it is hard or easy it is fun to do. Desolate Tomb isn't that bad compared to what it used to be in KOREA. We have the the Nerf version

Just now, InstantDeath said:

If   Desolate Tomb is too difficult for too little reward, then don't run it :)
Don't worry, in a couple of months, they'll put it in Dragon Express for 200-300 Heavenly Energy.

Sorry, "don't run it" doesn't solve the problem. 

I don't mind the time spent if I get rewarded for that, this is why I suggested the fragments.

3 minutes ago, Kuronee said:

Though i wouldn't mind them putting it in dragon express or doing fragments. I am going to have to disagree with you. It is suppose to be hard and have zero room for error. If you hate this dungeon, Just wait till you see elbondrake citadel and black tower. Who cares if it is hard or easy it is fun to do. Desolate Tomb isn't that bad compared to what it used to be in KOREA. We have the the Nerf version

You didn't read my post. I never said I hate the dungeon, I said the opposite.

I'm gonna wait for Citadel for sure, but while I do that I'm gonna play the game normally.

6 minutes ago, InstantDeath said:

Sorry, suggestion a solution doesn't solve the problem for NCsoft.

Well, suggestions are better than "don't run it", don't you think? 

they may listen to it.

I don't know if you're only trying to be a toxic troll or what.

6 minutes ago, WLraik said:

Sorry, "don't run it" doesn't solve the problem. 

I don't mind the time spent if I get rewarded for that, this is why I suggested the fragments.

Nope. They can add some other drops to it like moonstones etc or boost the stinger drops a bit, but the necklace should stay as is: a rare drop. also drops are the same as in every other dungeon so.....

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Nope. They can add some other drops to it like moonstones etc or boost the stinger drops a bit, but the necklace should stay as is: a rare drop. also drops are the same as in every other dungeon so.....

I understand the rare drop for the necklace.

As I said, running this dungeon to get 6 stingers feels completely unrewarding, adding Moonstones to the loot table would be a nice change.

0 room for error ? This might be true for the 4man version. But in the 6man you have plenty room for error.

Having fragments for the nec would be indeed useful because at some point everybody will probably need it due to some dmg barriers. So instead giving it away then y not immediately introduce some kind of fragment or another way to get it. Furthermore it is very expensive so i do not think that everybody could upgrade it even if he would have it. Besides the argumentation "it is legendary" - is a bit lame because there is no "normal" version - so it is more or less just an upgrade for the "true python nec" that has increased stats (but i think that is comparable to the stats from pirate to oathbreaker ergo the mw-area to silverfrost). The only difference is that it is heavyly geated by the rarity of the drop and it has another color (orange) and the whole stat-information looks better...

13 hours ago, WLraik said:

I love this fight at the last boss, there's zero room for error and you can't carry anyone. This really makes players work and understand EVERY single mechanic.

But the problem is... Putting this effort to get 6 stingers at the end. Not fair, not in this case.

How about you put a Desolate Tomb FRAGMENT on 4 man from the dynamic quest after killing the last boss? With 100 fragments you make the legendary necklace. How about that?

Players will have to work A LOT, because 100 runs of this dungeon takes time and you can't braindead it like all the other 4m dungeons.

We don't mind the work if we get rewarded after all.

I can tell you don't play mmos much if you think desolate is "too difficult" for its good rewards. A dungeon that can be beaten on the first day of release is not that difficult. There are dungeons/raids in other mmos that take over a month for the first group to beat it 

The OP is questioning the balance between Difficulty Level and Quality of Rewards. Although he enjoys the dungeon, he feels an increase in the rewards is reasonable to inquire about. Not sure why that concept seems to baffle people or why they think that their personal, anecdotal experiences should be universally accepted as the way things must be for everyone else.

You guys don't read.

It's difficulty doesn't match 6 stingers drop at the end, THAT'S MY POINT. 

If you think it's ok to gamble 0.00000001% drop rate on a finally complex dungeon(that I ALREADY SAID I ENJOY THE MECHANICS), if you think it's good, ok. But I don't think it's rewarding and I'm here giving my 2cents to NCsoft so they can improve it, if they do listen everyone will get a more rewarding dungeon, even YOU will get more rewards for running it.

Am I saying 100% chance to drop the necklace? NO. 

4 minutes ago, MichelleZhivago said:

The OP is questioning the balance between Difficulty Level and Quality of Rewards. Although he enjoys the dungeon, he feels an increase in the rewards is reasonable to inquire about. Not sure why that concept seems to baffle people or why they think that their personal, anecdotal experiences should be universally accepted as the way things must be for everyone else.

OMG, thanks. Someone that actually reads.

2 hours ago, WLraik said:

OMG, thanks. Someone that actually reads.

I remember reading a thread with two people having an argument, and neither of them actually addressed the issue each other were raising. It made me chuckle that they were having a heated debate over their lack of reading comprehension.

Concerning your post, I do agree that the difficulty of the dungeon and its rewards do not scale well with each other. Yeah, you can get the necklace, but it's all RNG. Who knows, maybe someone will get it after 1 run and others 300+. Yay, great way to reward effort, eh? I do like the suggestion for giving a token or something after completion, that way even if RNG fails (which it does almost all the time), you can at least get rewarded after all that effort.

In general dungeons are not rewarding enough once you are done with their daily quest but since release 4 man dungeons are really bad in this regard. IMO all 4 man modes should only be doable once per day but with much better drop, better rewards from dinamic quest and their exclusive daily quest with more gold/xp.

2 hours ago, Emma Frost said:

I can tell you don't play mmos much if you think desolate is "too difficult" for its good rewards. A dungeon that can be beaten on the first day of release is not that difficult. There are dungeons/raids in other mmos that take over a month for the first group to beat it 

Like I said before, I find the rewards suitable for the not so hard difficulty level of this dungeon. Dodging arguments doesn't make your case look good

Archived