So huh anyone else get this

AbsoluteTrinity

5 minutes ago, AbsoluteTrinity said:

Not  sure if it was just me but I got an email from NCSOFT that gave me 7 days premium and 1600Ncoin. question is if anyone else got the email how do you claim the items?

It's fake, don't fall for it. They are most likely people who wants to hack your account.

Always wondered how the bot accounts kept getting more and more legit looking. Learned why and then always wondered who would actually fall for those things. Welp learned that one too it seems. 

If you haven't deleted it, take a reallll good look at the way it is written. Does anything in that entire email stand out as "off"? besides the items to begin with. 

3 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

If you haven't deleted it, take a reallll good look at the way it is written. Does anything in that entire email stand out as "off"? besides the items to begin with. 

I got an e-mail like one of those and what is odd (aside the generocity we know doesn't exist in MMO's) you can mouse over the link they give you and see it redirects to another page that isn't NCsoft. It's a copy of log in page, but with diferent adress.

Also, once you type your e-mail and password (I typed some nonsense just to see what's next), a window asking for you PIN will pop up, which doesn't happens in the original page.

After that you'll just get back to the fake log in page.

2 hours ago, Arken said:

I got an e-mail like one of those and what is odd (aside the generocity we know doesn't exist in MMO's) you can mouse over the link they give you and see it redirects to another page that isn't NCsoft. It's a copy of log in page, but with diferent adress.

Also, once you type your e-mail and password (I typed some nonsense just to see what's next), a window asking for you PIN will pop up, which doesn't happens in the original page.

After that you'll just get back to the fake log in page.

I wasn't really asking about how it looks. I was simply speaking on the OP not noticing and wondering did they even look at the email closely for the good ol misspellings, horrible punctuation, and all around broken sentences. If the whole thing of believing that NCSOFT gave out something like that for no reason doesn't sound alarms then the screwed up engrish should've. Baffles how people even fall for it. I suppose maybe a non native English speaker maybe but even then there are some tells.

Unless they have somehow evolved the last time I saw one.

Archived